The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are you serious? Scorers' applying only 1 shield a time?

Brantleyx
Brantleyx
✭✭
Are they honestly considering - nerfing sorcs where they can only apply 1 shield "at a time"?! What the hell.. So not only is there literally a Shield breaker set, Where every other class can hit our health directly. But another downgrade where only one shield can be summoned per break? Almost forgot, On top of having shields crit-able. Whats the point of even playing this class?
Edited by Brantleyx on August 30, 2015 5:44PM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Dude, shields are NON-crittable, and you can spam as many shields as you want. Where did you get those misleading informations from? >.>
    Edited by Alcast on August 30, 2015 5:48PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Brantleyx
    Brantleyx
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Dude, shields are NON-crittable, and you can spam as many shields as you want. Where did you get those misleading informations from? >.>

Apparently their considering it - only be able to apply one shield at a time. And Crittable shields haven't been thrown out the equation yet. It's all real..
  • Blackjak-33
    Blackjak-33
    ✭✭✭
    Karma for all the dps players getting tank's stamina regeneration nerfed lol.

But for real, all these nerfs are getting out of hand. People spending time getting their builds set up to where they want them and then they change the skills/passives.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can only hope they were on shrooms when considering this nerf
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I haven't heard this anywhere, so I have no idea where he is getting it from. I missed the last ESO Live, was it mentioned there?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Brantleyx
    Brantleyx
    ✭✭

I haven't heard this anywhere, so I have no idea where he is getting it from. I missed the last ESO Live, was it mentioned there?

This information is concrete. It's just a matter or not if it sticks.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brantleyx wrote: »

The only person it is concrete to is you until you state/show where you got it from lol.
    Edited by timidobserver on August 30, 2015 10:00PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Brantleyx
    Brantleyx
    ✭✭
    Brantleyx wrote: »

The only person it is concrete to is you until you state/show where you got it from lol.

So everything I'm saying is going off of hear-say huh? ..So no where ZOS mention crit-able shields, The shield breaker set doesn't exist and I made it up. Sorcerer's being able to apply one shield at a time, I just thought of that for the sake of a 3rd example.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STFU and adapt... if you can.
  • Brantleyx
    Brantleyx
    ✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    STFU and adapt... if you can.

You scream "Khajit NB Ganker"
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    Because stacking shields and only casting 1 attack spell to do 17-20k is too much. clearly.... Running around with spammable 40k hp + with that kind of dps is overkill. youre angry because? its a nerf in your direction? Its being abused heavily right now. So they will attempt to nerf it.Whats new about that.
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumper45 wrote: »
    Because stacking shields and only casting 1 attack spell to do 17-20k is too much. clearly.... Running around with spammable 40k hp + with that kind of dps is overkill. youre angry because? its a nerf in your direction? Its being abused heavily right now. So they will attempt to nerf it.Whats new about that.

very correct, glad some one willing to say it openly.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People seriously just need to learn how to kill sorc before they cry about them, 40k hp? lmk where you get that from, 20 frags huh, you must not be blocking or dodging, it's so blatently obvious when people fire this thing...

We ignoring the 50% shield reduction, the 50% healing reduction, healing ward is the sorc only class heal... xD

Were is the magicka nb heal.

Sorc were never a problem on my dk.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers cans stack Shields that are literally the size of their entire life bar, at vr ranks with most people hitting 20k+ hp and a sorc stacking shields you are looking at s total of nearly 40k hp+Shields. Not to mention with Shields being non critable it was getting out of hand.

Even sypher said there is no such thing as a glass cannon sorc due to the huge and insane amounts of Shields they can have up.

You can block and dodge frags, unless they cast it from stealth and you cant see it happening, or in a zerg where lag means you don't see any animations.

The main point is, other classes can't stack tons of shields, so why should they be able to? Light armour is already getting a 100% buff so it's only fair to only have one shield.

All the other classes shields depending on a set buff, such as immovable.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    Sorcerers cans stack Shields that are literally the size of their entire life bar, at vr ranks with most people hitting 20k+ hp and a sorc stacking shields you are looking at s total of nearly 40k hp+Shields. Not to mention with Shields being non critable it was getting out of hand.

Even sypher said there is no such thing as a glass cannon sorc due to the huge and insane amounts of Shields they can have up.

You can block and dodge frags, unless they cast it from stealth and you cant see it happening, or in a zerg where lag means you don't see any animations.

The main point is, other classes can't stack tons of shields, so why should they be able to? Light armour is already getting a 100% buff so it's only fair to only have one shield.

The only extra shield sorc get is hardened ward, which is the only class shield they use, every other shield is available to others. One shield will make sorc useless.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

All magicka builds have access to harness magicka and healing ward so the only difference is hardened ward which is around 12k on high magicka builds.

You might get strong shields but on a high spell dmg builds your regen is low so anyone that can out-sustain you has a big chance of winning if they know how to play. DKs are still hard to beat if they reflect cfrags every time and burst at the right moment. Its actually pretty hard to kill someone as a sorc without cfrags which gets reflected and dodged all the time.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on August 31, 2015 9:53AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Kajimano_ESO
    Well they fix expert hunter's stacking exploit, why shouldn't they fix shield stacking?
    It's an exploit, therefore in need of a fix, just like any other exploit
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they fix expert hunter's stacking exploit, why shouldn't they fix shield stacking?

How is stacking shields an exploit? That's a new one I've not yet heard.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭

What about shield stacking dk's? Shield stacking dk + flap flap stronger than sorcerer.
  • Brantleyx
    Brantleyx
    ✭✭

People seriously just need to learn how to kill sorc before they cry about them, 40k hp? lmk where you get that from, 20 frags huh, you must not be blocking or dodging, it's so blatently obvious when people fire this thing...

We ignoring the 50% shield reduction, the 50% healing reduction, healing ward is the sorc only class heal... xD

Yeah - meanwhile DK's have become extremely broken.
    Takllin wrote: »

How is stacking shields an exploit? That's a new one I've not yet heard.

Exactly what I'm saying, Beating a sorc is one the easiest things to counter. But apparently shield stacking is incredibly overpowered. Harden ward, Which is based off the CP System. So don't cry and complain about the skill, You should direct your issues to towards the broken CP Tree @leepalmer95 @Jumper45 & @dwemer_paleologist
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭

When you stack harden ward/ Healing ward and harness magicka you can easly get over 40k with health included........ The only thing broken for DK right now is reflective. All will be fixed in due time though. Sadly there is no removing buff mechanic to counteract these situations like other MMOs do and no Cooldown so you can literally spam it and since it does more then an actual heal its an issue clearly. Also not much in this game stacks. So why should wards. None of the other buffs do. Needs to be rebalanced and fixed.
    Edited by Jumper45 on August 31, 2015 8:04PM
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering streak is getting nerfed to the point where they cast it twice and run out of magicka, I think removing shield stacking is a bit extreme. One or the other is fine, but take away their shields AND streak ability to get out of danger, they may as well just lay down and die. You've seen a sorcerer tank a group of people? That's great, but don't confuse a skilled player with what you believe to be an overpowered class.
  • mikwin
    mikwin
    ✭✭
    It took me a long time to get all the stuff i want on my sorc and cost a lot of gold as well as im sure you all have, but now the sorc is useless and i either need to re roll or just quit eso till they realize how stupid they have been.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny because everyone here also fails to take into account that Sorcs have the lightest-weight armor and NEED the extra protection. Thankfully they boosted Light armor in the update, but it is still the weakest of all armor yet, because of the passives, are pretty much required by Sorcs. So no, I don't think being able to stack shields is a bad thing for those who are wearing the least amount of protection.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikwin wrote: »
    It took me a long time to get all the stuff i want on my sorc and cost a lot of gold as well as im sure you all have, but now the sorc is useless and i either need to re roll or just quit eso till they realize how stupid they have been.

Man, I have to two Vet sorcs and now I've stopped playing them. I had a feeling something stupid like this was about to happen so rolled a NB and DK ready for it. So far I'm having more fun on the NB, so may stick with that.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread should be closed cos it's all toxic BS.
    PC | EU
  • Brantleyx
    Brantleyx
    ✭✭
    This thread should be closed cos it's all toxic BS.

Oh my bad, Where should I re-open this to discuss combat and character mechanic issues?
    Edited by Brantleyx on August 31, 2015 9:27PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, didn't get - sorc can't stack Hardened Ward+harness now?
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Funny because everyone here also fails to take into account that Sorcs have the lightest-weight armor and NEED the extra protection. Thankfully they boosted Light armor in the update, but it is still the weakest of all armor yet, because of the passives, are pretty much required by Sorcs. So no, I don't think being able to stack shields is a bad thing for those who are wearing the least amount of protection.

and you failed to take into account templars and night blades and knights who use light armor -slaps forhead- what? lmao

Thats the difference. You dont see anyone else stacking wards to that high amounts. I'll put it this way. when you can tank in light armor simply because you can ward spam. it should answer a lot of everyones questions as to why it needs to be nerfed. Now dont get me wrong i like the idea of a light armor tank using wards to tank with. whats not ok is a DPS doing it. you shouldnt be hitting people for 17-20k+ and running around with tank like hp) in all honesty the ward need to be based off total HP like all the others and not magicka based. Then you'll be on par with most of the other dps. If you want to talk about glass cannons not having enough hp yadda yadda. you have harness magicka.. Thats why its there...... If blazing shield was 14k+ ward off magicka everyone would be crapping their pants right now about how OP it is. Also everyone saying sorc is useless now etc. seriously? The rest of us are running around with a lot less. NBs insta killing people with no protection. DKs reflecting everything. Templars getting crapped on in the corner with passives/abilities that dont even work yet. and sorcs running around with 40k+ insta killing people and just zapping away after stacking wards with healing ward on the bottom to fully heal themselves. Id say your troubles are far from everyone elses.
    Edited by Jumper45 on August 31, 2015 11:58PM

• ishilb14_ESO
    ishilb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only noob sorcs shield stack all the time, the only time it is understandable is if you're running a small group and want to zerg bust, other than that, if a sorc absolutely needs more than hardened ward to stay alive and perform well then that sorc isn't very good.
    Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
    CoFounder - Terror
    Officer - Mega Best Friends
    Officer - Eminent Gaming