The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Videos] Sorcerer and other feedback

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is trying to make you use pets. If you don't like Sara the triSaratops following you around, that's on you.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Bolt Escape should stay an escape, but not a way to travel.

If they are gonna keep the 50% stacking cost increase to BE, they should atleast increase the length of travel so it atleast MIGHT work as an escape now and not a ridiculously expencive way to set yourself up for gap closers.

actually with it's stacking increase it still maintains it's use for travel. it's just not viable for combat, particularly streak which is pretty much worthless now.

And a lot of people use Streak and Ball of Lightning offensively and defensively but not as an actual escape the increased range wouldn't really work for us.
    Edited by Lucky28 on August 28, 2015 6:19PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    No one is trying to make you use pets. If you don't like Sara the triSaratops following you around, that's on you.

You're one of a very few people that use pets, that's cool.
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Bolt Escape should stay an escape, but not a way to travel.

If they are gonna keep the 50% stacking cost increase to BE, they should atleast increase the length of travel so it atleast MIGHT work as an escape now and not a ridiculously expencive way to set yourself up for gap closers.

actually with it's stacking increase it still maintains it's use for travel. it's just not viable for combat, particularly streak which is pretty much worthless now.

And a lot of people use Streak and Ball of Lightning offensively and defensively but not as an actual escape the increased range wouldn't really work for us.

Haha right now with cloak being how it is. There is no other escape tool.

Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zlater

True, one of my most used skills.

Use it to Shut down steel tornado spammers.
    Use it to shut down gankers.
    Use it to punish Jesus beam spammers.
    Use it as one of my main offensives against DK's / Reflective scales
    Use it to get out of caltrops (since rapids is way to expensive for me)

sigh.....
    Edited by Lucky28 on August 29, 2015 12:21AM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    @Zlater

sign.....

I don't mind streak as it is, in all honesty it's not too bad because you mostly used it offensively anyway. But BoL is pretty dead, in IC streak is fine, but outside of the IC it's not so great. Just an opener for a gap closer. Literally I chase down other sorcs that use it with crit rush, and they go pop. It's great fun hunting sorcs xD
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zlater wrote: »
    @Zlater

sign.....

I don't mind streak as it is, in all honesty it's not too bad because you mostly used it offensively anyway. But BoL is pretty dead, in IC streak is fine, but outside of the IC it's not so great. Just an opener for a gap closer. Literally I chase down other sorcs that use it with crit rush, and they go pop. It's great fun hunting sorcs xD

Your right, it's mostly used offensively. which is why the stacking on it sucks.
    Edited by Lucky28 on August 29, 2015 12:35AM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Zlater wrote: »
    @Zlater

sign.....

Your right, it's mostly used offensively. which is why the stacking on it sucks.

That's it, unlike many others on these threads I actually think it should be able to be used defensively too. It was called bolt escape for a reason xD.
    I wonder how it would be if instead of nerfing every skill after release they instead just fixed them. After seeing what fixing cloak did, I imagine that all of these other original OP skills would be not so bad.

www.redfurconnect.com
    Options