The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Veteran Elden Hollow

ThePonzzz
ThePonzzz
✭✭✭✭✭
I've finally caught up and got through all the normal group dungeons, so I decided to start doing gold pledges. I was in a group scaled to V6, out group consisted of a V6 healer, V14 DPS, V14 DPS, and a V10 tank. Got to the titan at the end, and we just got wrecked, over and over. I watched a YouTube video of someone else doing it and tried to get the group to mimic some of their tactics, but it was a cluster.

I don't have any sort of addon to show me damage output, but I know I do around 8k to 12k damage regularly, and sometimes jump a little higher with a weapon damage pot. Just curious if this boss is just bananas or if it was just poor tactics. I figured it being scaled to V6, we'd have a chance even with poor tactics. I tried dodge rolling the flames, I tried taking out the nova/shadow as fast as I could. I ran around rezzing people. We'd never get it under 75% health though.
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    Bogdan is one of the hardest bosses with a bad group, and one of the easiest bosses with a good group. And, well, that's the problem. What to do with poor DPS, bad healers or weak tanks.

1. Everybody needs enough life. every 25 % he stomps, and everybody needs to survive that, at least. Stuff like damage shields or mist form helps. Buff food for Max Life is useful too. Vampires have it harder, but it's still possible.
    2. DPS or Negate. Two sorcs with negate and you can fight the boss for all eternity. Use negates visely to rez people which are in the middle of flames. If nobody is dead, hit at least 6+ fire fields with one negate.
    3. NEVER attack adds. Either you have enough DPS and it won't be necessary, or you have poor DPS and even attacking adds won't help you.

That said, my yesterdays poor group with average dd-dps of 4-5k, scaled at V2, without a templar healer, and everybody at V2-V4, killed the boss with a fight of more then 10 minutes.

If you hate trying hard or losing in Vet Dungeons, try looking for a PvE-Guild.
    Edited by Shinra on August 24, 2015 7:11AM
    Options
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's some good info out there on the final boss there (Bogdan). In hard mode you need a good tank that can take the hits and keep him facing away from you all.
    I've done it by just DPSing the boss and ignoring healing (white) adds and I've done it the other way with killing White healers, Dancing away from flames. Blocking during jumps and dpsing boss while tank holds his aggro.
    Here is a good write up from Deltia >>
    deltiasgaming.com/2014/11/11/eso-veteran-dungeon-guide-elden-hollow/

good luck
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block when Bogdan jumps, move to the side when fire from the sky come. If you have a vampire the dd should be ready to ress.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I watched a YouTube video mid fight and read Deltia's Gaming on it.

I've seen more than a few people say just DPS the boss, don't worry about the adds. But the nova are healing the titan at a decent rate, and the shadow is fearing the hell out of everyone or pulling them into a fire.

This was just a PUG when I tried, but it's the first time I've ever been in a 4-man group and felt hopeless in a battle. Usually refining the fight does the trick. But this felt impossible. I can definitely seek help with one of my guilds if I want to complete it. I'm more or less just curious about that fight.
    Options
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shinra wrote: »
    3. NEVER attack adds. Either you have enough DPS and it won't be necessary, or you have poor DPS and even attacking adds won't help you.

I disagree. I've been able to heal some pretty bad DPS and we can still kill Bogdan if they kill the white adds. You can largely ignore the black ones.

Another PRO tip is using Annulment or its morphs. Its the active ability in Light armor. This adds a pretty substantial magic damage shield and really helps with the fire situation. If you have all 4 people running that ability, the fight becomes much much easier.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
    Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just some info on Elden Hollow:

*Bogdan jumps when he recieves enough damage on him, and he clears the area of the black and white adds and fire. This is the reason why people ignore the adds, and just focus the dps on the boss, to make him jump and remove the adds + fire.

*If anyone in group have destro staff equipped, a single Crushing Shock can stop the white adds from healing Bogdan for a few seconds. Bashing the white adds with whatever weapon or shield is also viable. One dps or healer can do this, while the other just focus on boss.

*If the two dps have evil hunter/ camoflaged hunter they should slot and activate that skill. It does additional damage to Bogdan.

*Blocking when he jumps up is good.

*If you see Bogdan lift his head up and spit, the spit will be the white fire you see land where you are - try to go to the corners (yet remain in range of the healer) to let the fire stick to the edges instead of the middle of the room.

*If you are sorcerer, then you can dps him down fast with Overload light attacks and make the fight much easier.

Vampires can do all pledges easily, however there is no viable reason to be a vampire in pve group content. It brings only bad survivability and stressed out healers with it. The total dps in group also drops, if the vampire dies often and the other dps have to ressurect him/her.

If you're new to group content please go do everyone in your team the favor and get cured. Experienced players know how to work around their weaknesses in pledges, because they are pretty easy for us..

For instance: me and my friends have done v12 scaled dungeons with v1 vampire players where it was their first pledge and group dungeon ever, we got through without any trouble. However that does not mean that the same v1 vampire could go into a random group and get through the dungeon - even if it was scaled to v1.
    Options
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually did this in a V14 group last night, and we destroyed it. We had more issues with the first boss than anything else. Killing the nova seem to be the biggest mistake. Interrupt and move on. But killing the shadows is a must.
    Edited by ThePonzzz on August 26, 2015 9:55PM
    Options
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade: Run Bolstering Darkness when Tanking. I run it on my Tank and I take 1k fire breaths. Use Reaper's Mark and Soul Harvest while DPS-ing. Soul Harvest cuts all healing received by 50% which helps against Nova Tendrils. Combine that with Lethal Arrow and they stop being a problem.

Sorcerer: Use Suppression Field if there's too many flame AoEs out. It clears them and helps reduce damage. Hardened Ward and Dampen/Harness Magic completely nullify any damage from his fireballs.
    Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    I actually did this in a V14 group last night, and we destroyed it. We had more issues with the first boss than anything else. Killing the nova seem to be the biggest mistake. Interrupt and move on. But killing the shadows is a must.

Hmm if it's the Spriggan you mean, it's easy ... however her AoE attacks stack, so dps and healer have to spread out a little, so when she hits 2 group members they don't get hit with both attacks at once.
    *The 2 adds she spawns, if you kill them you get a green and blue aura. The green provides stamina regen and weapon power, and the blue provides magicka regen and spell power. Normally the dps goes in, but if you struggle at this boss, tank can stand in green and healer can stand in blue.

On Bogdan even with low skilled teams, always best to ignore all adds and dps Bogdan, but that requires a little survivability and stamina for block and cc-break.
    Options