Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Isn't like Ogres...

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Ogres Have Layers!

89a52900a8a39b5f321948d866e1c364.jpg

ESO armor... doesn't.

Your hand is connected to your Braces which are connected to your Sleeves which are connected to your Chainmail which is connected to your Breatplate which is connected to your Neck.

You basically just paint yourself and this can look really awful when there is no depth or layering definition in the armor. My neck looks like it's stiched to my Chest armor.

Post-Nord-Brigandine-VR3.png

I have a dream.

That one day my armor won't be connected to my skin and will stick out a little bit at least, that one day some equipment will have multiple layers so the straps won't be the same layer as the armor and the Plate Will be in front of the Chain Mail and that the Fur won't be stitched to my neck

Ladies and Gentle I have a Dream...
Edited by ZOS_Julien on August 24, 2015 2:02PM
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im pretty sure performance reasons wont let your dream come true. Sorry for that.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It especially looks bad on armors like this:

9odj5w2uctsj.png
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Ahzek

If people playing Guild Wars 2 can handle multiple layers on Armors then I'm pretty certain that people on ESO will.

It's just laziness I think.
    Edited by Mashille on August 23, 2015 5:25PM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have to admit, now I'm thinking of Pasties...
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea painted armor is just so .............. Ugh
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other horrible thing about armors is that the elbow piece, hip flaps, and shield are not physically connected to the rest of the armor. They stick out quite a bit and you can see a huge gap between your character's armor and those pieces.
    Edited by Akavir_Sentinel on August 23, 2015 6:06PM
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Akavir_Sentinel

Yeah, I don;t mind the hip flaps so much byt some of the shoulders can just be seen visibly floating above the amor,

Personally I think the Dark Elf Heavy Armor looks like trash and needed redoing more than the Orc And Redguard.

eso-dunmer-orichalc-heavy-armor-set-level-26-4.jpg

(Vomit)
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean What is this?

141c5f3d40254e2b953bc14ba4f8c9.jpg
  • Tectonaut
    Tectonaut
    ✭✭✭
    If nothing else, what does the armor float?
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes compared to the concept art, the actual ingame art is terrible
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read the topic as "***".

• PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shrek is love....
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP and I actually posted about this in a thread a while back. I'll just quote myself instead of digging up an old thread. It's not exactly what you're saying but it's related.
    I feel that the "breast mounds" they have on the female versions of breastplate look like they'd get in the way and hinder you more than help. Also with ESO chest and leg armour, I almost feel like my character is having the armour integrated into the skin or the skin is replaced by an "armour look". I understand that's what's technically happening, but it looks kinda cheap-ish, lol.

Maybe it's easier to understand what I'm saying with an image. Even though the proportions of the created character are fine when imagined naked, I think all armour should have a default "slimness"; this character below looks like she's wearing a metal corset in which case all you could do was stand and not breathe never mind battle, lol.

eso-breton-orichalc-heavy-armor-set-4.jpg
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keybaud wrote: »
    I mean What is this?

141c5f3d40254e2b953bc14ba4f8c9.jpg

Elven magic.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For whatever it's worth, the armor coming with the IC is a good deal bulkier than the stuff in game now. I'm not sure if that's going to feed back into other styles, as updates are handed down. But... there is some cause for hope.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The body paint armor is one of ESO's biggest weaknesses. I already ranted about it during the Beta but sadly not many cared.
    It looks very fun how heavy armor behaves when your character breathes or makes emotes. It suddenly becomes as flexible as cloth :D
    Edited by Malediktus on August 23, 2015 11:37PM
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Malediktus

I think it's just laziness so they don't have to do actual models for the armor and can instead just copy and paste skins on to Body Types.
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what else has layers?

Cake.

Everybody loves cake. Why can't ESO be like cake?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's weird; plate mail that folds and moves when I breathe ... and Imperial paudrons floating around that are bigger than my characters head

If only it could somehow be averaged
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    It's weird; plate mail that folds and moves when I breathe ... and Imperial paudrons floating around that are bigger than my characters head

If only it could somehow be averaged

latest?cb=20100805045058
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are Orges?

It is what the title of the thread says.

EDIT: Ah, you changed it!
    Edited by Thymos on August 24, 2015 2:05PM
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the new alliance armors already have designs that incorporate more layers/less painted on pieces. If they keep on designing armors the way they designed the alliance armors, then we will have layers yet.
  • ZOS_Julien
    Hello there,

We have changed the thread's title to "Ogres" instead of "Orges".

Thanks for your understanding
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Julien wrote: »
    Hello there,

Please tell me there was a grin on your face when you did this :D
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No layers? What about those awesome flappy hips and elbows? :p
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    keybaud wrote: »
    Personally I think the Dark Elf Heavy Armor looks like trash and needed redoing more than the Orc And Redguard.
    I always thought the helm looked more like a motorcycle helmet.
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a MMO and Elder Scrolls game the armor is TERRIBLE!!!

Oversized helmets that look like a kid wearing them, no sexy armors, no layers, 90% look terrible...

Not sure what they were thinking..i would opt to run around nekked if I could....
    Tripped over my friends bra.....
    ..she is always setting booby traps!
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Have to admit, now I'm thinking of Pasties...

You sir, have spent to many $1 bills......... ;)
    NA Server - Kildair
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Julien wrote: »
    Hello there,

Gah! The speeling police strike again!

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Hope499

Yeah I know
    Edited by Mashille on August 24, 2015 11:16PM