The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Isn't like Ogres...

• Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about cakes?
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • WolffenBloodseeker
    WolffenBloodseeker
    ✭✭✭
    keybaud wrote: »
    @Malediktus

I think it's just laziness so they don't have to do actual models for the armor and can instead just copy and paste skins on to Body Types.

they actually have the models assets sculpted in full 3D glory with thousands of polygons but they need to dumb down the model polycount for performance reasons, in skyrim we have this all detailed and full 3D armor (not so much without mods mind you q) but it's a single player game that only have to load you and the npcs around you instead of hundreds of players + npcs in real time, and even on the strongest rigs more than 50 npcs at the same time in Skyrim will crash the game like hell

of course i wouldn't mind some improvments here and there in the basic armors that suffer most from this, maybe in the future we will get a revision for the old motifs :)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and even on the strongest rigs more than 50 npcs at the same time in Skyrim will crash the game like hell

That's actually the game trying to write it's AI routines to memory it doesn't have access to, IIRC. It's not relevant to how the characters look.
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    I think ZOS should work on and offer an option for people to choose between current armor textures and actual armor models.

Options would include.

All - Just for the beastliest of machines.

Player Only - This could be done even on the low end machines.

Radius Slider - Any character within the displayed radius will display the higher quality armor models. A good setting to keep even large encounters somewhat under control performance wise. Also something to use in small group content.

NPCs - Yes / No. Yes will display the higher quality models on NPCs.

It is a win / win for ZOS and the Players. Get it done ZOS!
    Edited by Slylok on August 25, 2015 12:56AM
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • deathmasterl_ESO
    deathmasterl_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind some Armor's, others look horrible, but just don't touch my Heavy Imperial Armor... or if you do make it look more beefy, and tanky, cause a tank needs to look like they can take a hit... then again the Imperial Armor doesn't really suffer from the same stick to my skin paint on effect.
    Saevus Messor Imperial Dragonknight Vr14 Aldmeri Dominion
    Talia Spiritus Imperial Nightblade Lv17 Aldmeri Dominion
    Naomi Athael Altmer Sorcerer Lv8 Aldmeri Dominion
    Nyanta Raimanni Khajiit Templar Lv4 Aldmeri Dominion
    Sina Nightwind Bosmer Dragonknight Lv4 Aldmeri Dominion
    Leader of the 1st Infiltration and Scouting Division
    Master Weapon and Armor Crafter
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw man... I was hoping an ACTUAL response from ZOS on this.

To be honest the "flat"ness of the armor really makes me not give a damn about crafting... costumes... anything like that. I play in first person and I don't care to ever see my character in 3rd person. Crafting even irks me because I have to watch my heavy plate armor flex and bend with my character as they swing or saw or hammer.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS should work on and offer an option for people to choose between current armor textures and actual armor models.

Options would include.

All - Just for the beastliest of machines.

Player Only - This could be done even on the low end machines.

Radius Slider - Any character within the displayed radius will display the higher quality armor models. A good setting to keep even large encounters somewhat under control performance wise. Also something to use in small group content.

NPCs - Yes / No. Yes will display the higher quality models on NPCs.

It is a win / win for ZOS and the Players. Get it done ZOS!

Yep. This... It COULD be done.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Have to admit, now I'm thinking of Pasties...

(I miss the LOL button) XD
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tectonaut wrote: »
    If nothing else, what does the armor float?
    I reported it back in the days when people used 5-piece Warlock. There were numerous topics on armor "floating" or "overlapping". And as usual, nothing really happened.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It especially looks bad on armors like this:

9odj5w2uctsj.png

There is nothing bad about that armor.. nothing at all. Especially the top half *ahem*
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, at least we don't have bat nips?
    BatNipples.jpg
    Right?
    Edited by 21jws10 on August 25, 2015 9:42AM
    PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @jcodbf2b14_ESO

Yes Please!
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It especially looks bad on armors like this:

9odj5w2uctsj.png

yes terrible look ;)
    Ogres Have Layers!

89a52900a8a39b5f321948d866e1c364.jpg

ESO armor... doesn't.

Your hand is connected to your Braces which are connected to your Sleeves which are connected to your Chainmail which is connected to your Breatplate which is connected to your Neck.

You basically just paint yourself and this can look really awful when there is no depth or layering definition in the armor. My neck looks like it's stiched to my Chest armor.

Post-Nord-Brigandine-VR3.png

I have a dream.

That one day my armor won't be connected to my skin and will stick out a little bit at least, that one day some equipment will have multiple layers so the straps won't be the same layer as the armor and the Plate Will be in front of the Chain Mail and that the Fur won't be stitched to my neck

Ladies and Gentle I have a Dream...

ok now on this look closely at the legs u see chainmail on the thighs which implies you have it under the leg bracers also on the side of the thigh has cloth for the waist also a piece that covers front and back for groin protection that is over the chainmail also chainmail on the biceps separating the gauntlets and the shoulder pieces the leggings are flared out a tad showing that the boots would be under them now the chest piece that is pretty bad but the rest looks ok @keybaud
    Edited by Lightninvash on August 26, 2015 1:53PM
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lightninvash

The Chainmail itself isn't below any of the other armor and the way I look at it it doesn't seem to be under any of the other armor parts.

And the Chestplate, the straps are the same layer as the padding whcih are also the same layer as the fur which is also the same layer as the skin so it all just molds together and in my opinion looks quite awful.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just by viewing the oic you can see where it separates them idk how it looks in game from the side being all one layer. I see what you are saying about blending in rather than a slightly thicker leggings to mae it look more like the leggings and ect are over the chainmail vs blended in. it is something that could be changed but would take some time due to all the different looks and all haha