The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Nightblade DPS not OP on PTS

blackweb
blackweb
✭✭✭✭
Bow/Dual Wield Nightblade DPS is definitely NOT OP on PTS. Even a VR16 in full legendary with 300 champion points, a NB dps is adequate but definitely not OP. BTW, rumors of Kahjiit NB superiority are vastly overstated. I repeatedly owned a Kahjiit NB 1v1 on my Redgaurd NB. Maybe I am just a better NB than he was but I owned him.
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    wear 2 maces.. >:)
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ryuho wrote: »

I use daggers. To each his own.

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go magica maybe the strongest thing on test at the moment.

By the way if run magica night blade you can still block cancel all your insta cast magical abilities at the cost of no stam regen but you don't care because your rocking 31 K magica pool and 2 K plus magica regen which you still earn blocking or block canceling and all you use stamina for in the occasional dodge roll or breakout.
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB IS OP Nerf Argonians for the win !!!!!
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea man this guy knows where it's at
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that not ZOS logik ?? :)
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »

By the way if run magica night blade you can still block cancel all your insta cast magical abilities at the cost of no stam regen but you don't care because your rocking 31 K magica pool and 2 K plus magica regen which you still earn blocking or block canceling and all you use stamina for in the occasional dodge roll or breakout.

I went stam based redgaurd. I would not know about magica nb.

• blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »

I have a V14 magica templar. I might check out a magica NB. I would be interested in a siphoning/self healing build. The new mobs are very nasty, especially the Twilight mob and the lich. Self healing might be needed to survive in the IC. Self healing build might nerf dps somewhat.

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahahahhaha
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your name.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane behold the Future !!! Behold the Thalmor!!! We will quell the unruly Nords My master plan is the banning of Mead !!!!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane behold the Future !!! Behold the Thalmor!!! We will quell the unruly Nords My master plan is the banning of Mead !!!!

Oh wow, you just reanimated the river down there *-* felt so good to read this.
    Aldmeri Superiority is the only truth !
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    blackweb wrote: »
    Bow/Dual Wield Nightblade DPS is definitely NOT OP on PTS. Even a VR16 in full legendary with 300 champion points, a NB dps is adequate but definitely not OP. BTW, rumors of Kahjiit NB superiority are vastly overstated. I repeatedly owned a Kahjiit NB 1v1 on my Redgaurd NB. Maybe I am just a better NB than he was but I owned him.

This thread made me laugh, thanks.

Do you even realize that this clearly shows you don't research even how to pull good dps as after extensive theorycrafting by others 2 maces was proven to be better than 2 daggers, despite RP, you can't complain about dps if you won't use the best things or the effort to research it I'm afraid :/
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharmony wrote: »

Do you even realize that this clearly shows you don't research even how to pull good dps as after extensive theorycrafting by others 2 maces was proven to be better than 2 daggers, despite RP, you can't complain about dps if you won't use the best things or the effort to research it I'm afraid :/

Do you even realize how elitist and condescending you sound? This is not WoW, play your toon how you want. There is no one optimal path. If that is what you want, go back to wow.

Exactly how much difference does maces make over daggers? If its not more than about 2%, who cares?

Have you done your theorycrafting on the PTS? I doubt it. You will find the NB to be changed somewhat. Your theory crafting may have to be revised.

Is my test on the PTS accurate? Yes because I played the same race/class/spec with similar gear as I do on live. So the relative difference is accurate. You will find all dps reduced on PTS to about 1/3 to 1/2 what it is now. What I am reporting is a stam build. I dont know magica builds for the NB class.

The DK I was grouped with was reporting about 4k dps for a 2h/1h and shield bulid. My dps seemed higher, maybe 6-8k in full legendary. I need to setup an addon that can tell me dps on pts.

Edited by blackweb on August 18, 2015 4:28PM
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭

Do you even realize how elitist and condescending you sound?

Exactly how much difference does maces make over daggers? If its not more than about 2%, who cares?

Have you done your theorycrafting on the PTS?

You will find the NB to be changed somewhat. Your theory crafting may have to be revised.

I am aware and sorry for sounding so but you really should put some effort into testing and theorycrafting before making the comments you make. I can find the post for you in a second for the daggers vs maces. Yes, I theorycraft all the time on the PTS and have nearly finished my work on the best setups for all classes for PvE but am still frustraited that we don't know traits of some gears etc and ZOS won't give us information without farming for them. Last comment: Haha, nope, theorycrafted enough to know that NB's are not pulling bad dps, yes they are effected by the fixing of bugs such as camo hunter and sharpened mace but in no way do I need to 'revise' my theorycrafting. Atleast I apparently do some @blackweb.

Edit: Here is the thread for the comparison for daggers and maces... you'll find maces are better atm and you would be using them if you wished to achieve the best dps, regardless of your comments of aggression which I will not rise up to. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/comment/2140998#Comment_2140998 (See Jeckll's comment, well respected theorycrafter of Nightblade's)
    Edited by Sharmony on August 18, 2015 4:33PM
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭

Do you even realize how elitist and condescending you sound? This is not WoW, play your toon how you want. There is no one optimal path. If that is what you want, go back to wow.

Have you done your theorycrafting on the PTS? I doubt it. You will find the NB to be changed somewhat. Your theory crafting may have to be revised.

Is my test on the PTS accurate? Yes because I played the same race/class/spec with similar gear as I do on live. So the relative difference is accurate. You will find all dps reduced on PTS to about 1/3 to 1/2 what it is now. What I am reporting is a stam build. I dont know magica builds for the NB class.

The DK I was grouped with was reporting about 4k dps for a 2h/1h and shield bulid. My dps seemed higher, maybe 6-8k in full legendary. I need to setup an addon that can tell me dps on pts.

You have now changed your thread to edit it to fueled with aggression and spite. Please correct that.
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭

I am aware and sorry for sounding so but you really should put some effort into testing and theorycrafting before making the comments you make. I can find the post for you in a second for the daggers vs maces. Yes, I theorycraft all the time on the PTS and have nearly finished my work on the best setups for all classes for PvE but am still frustraited that we don't know traits of some gears etc and ZOS won't give us information without farming for them. Last comment: Haha, nope, theorycrafted enough to know that NB's are not pulling bad dps, yes they are effected by the fixing of bugs such as camo hunter and sharpened mace but in no way do I need to 'revise' my theorycrafting. Atleast I apparently do some @blackweb.

My NB build is PVP focused. My dps could probably be higher. PvP requires utility, stuns, interrupts, snares, etc. I am using the Thief Essence set along with some stam jewelry. There may be better sets for pvp. I also have more health than stam, again for survivability in pvp. But then most of the new content is pvp focused amirite?

I did get to repeatedly fight a Kahjiit NB and owned him repeatedly with my build so it is working as intended. I did not have too much trouble with mobs except the temple event or when I got zerged by them.

If you want to suggest a better pve nb bulid, go ahead. I never claimed my build was the ultimate dps build. Again in pvp, utility often matters more than pure damage.
    Edited by blackweb on August 18, 2015 4:35PM
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something that would help on PTS for testing is MORE BAG SPACE. You cant buy much bag space with 100k gold. There is a ton of gear on the PTS toons. You have to end up deleting sets and making new toons to test all of the gear for a given class or spec.
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭

My NB build is PVP focused. My dps could probably be higher. PvP requires utility, stuns, interrupts, snares, etc. I am using the Thief Essence set along with some stam jewelry. There may be better sets for pvp. I also have more health than stam, again for survivability in pvp. But then most of the new content is pvp focused amirite?

I did get to repeatedly fight a Kahjiit NB and owned him repeatedly with my build so it is working as intended. I did not have too much trouble with mobs except the temple event or when I got zerged by them.

If you want to suggest a better pve nb bulid, go ahead. I never claimed my build was the ultimate dps build. Again in pvp, utility often matters more than pure damage.

The new content is not entirely PvP focussed but does have a larger aspect dedicated to PvP, yes. I agree, PvP is definitely devoted to more survivability and utility than say a PvE setup. From my research into PvP setups you want to stack sets which give weapon damage yet offer some survivability, from memory there are better alternatives than essence leach for this purpose. Finally, yes you never claimed the build was the ultimate build, and never took it as such, but you did definitively state:
    Bow/Dual Wield Nightblade DPS is definitely NOT OP on PTS. Even a VR16 in full legendary with 300 champion points, a NB dps is adequate but definitely not OP.

When I and my friends have found it to be more than adequate and OP as all classes can be when played by skilled individuals (for Nightblades, I certainly am not one of those) :)
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    My NB build is burst damage focused. It may be somewhat lacking in sustained damage.
  • ZOS_Alex
    ZOS_Alex
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, everyone.

We understand that people are going to disagree from time to time, but please remember to keep your comments respectful at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others. Insults or other disruptive behavior do not help further discussion and can move a thread off topic quickly. We encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are constructively stated when doing so, as this will help keep the discussion on track. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    My NB build is burst damage focused. It may be somewhat lacking in sustained damage.

For burst damage focused builds stacking weapon damage is the most important stat (for surprise attack for example you need 10.04 stamina for every 1 weapon damage to get equivalent damage).
    Edited by Sharmony on August 18, 2015 4:45PM
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭

For burst damage focused builds stacking weapon damage is the most important stat (for surprise attack for example you need 10.04 stamina for every 1 weapon damage to get equivalent damage).

Yup, that about sums up my build. I am not sure what is the best wep damage set for nb on pts. I do remember there being some added wep damage on theif essence. As I remember it, it is a stam/wep damage based set. I use surprise attack a lot.

I have been using stam regen enchants for grinding but I may change them to wep damage.

Edited by blackweb on August 18, 2015 4:57PM
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    Briefly browsing my PvE notes I have this scrawled: 3 Agility Rings, 1 Molag Kena, 5 Hundings Rage (2 Maces) and 3x Toxic. This is what I thought the optimum PvE setup would be from the limited understanding of sets that can gather from PTS set bags. Of course I completely think this could be better adapted for a PvP setup but yeah, lots of crit, weapon damage and stamina being stacked.
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Briefly browsing my PvE notes I have this scrawled: 3 Agility Rings, 1 Molag Kena, 5 Hundings Rage (2 Maces) and 3x Toxic. This is what I thought the optimum PvE setup would be from the limited understanding of sets that can gather from PTS set bags. Of course I completely think this could be better adapted for a PvP setup but yeah, lots of crit, weapon damage and stamina being stacked.

Yup thats pretty much what I went with. I did use one stam dagger and one magica dagger because there were not two stam daggers available from the same set. The thing I lacked for pvp was a speed buff while hidden ala knight's silence. I do use hundings on live.

This is just an impression but I do think poison is going to be more important for NBs after the next patch.
    Edited by blackweb on August 18, 2015 6:31PM
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @blackweb

You will get more than 2% damage by switching to maces over any other weapon type, excluding 2h. 2H maul is far and away the highest burst you can achieve.

With that said, if you don't use heavy/light attacks at all and rely totally on class/weapon abilities, DW maces are the way to go (though I have NO idea who wouldn't use light/heavies)

So if you are aiming for a gank/bust build, the largest stealth hit you can achieve in the game is a heavy maul attack from stealth, fully charged, followed by a canceling SA.

Hope that helps.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    @blackweb

You will get more than 2% damage by switching to maces over any other weapon type, excluding 2h. 2H maul is far and away the highest burst you can achieve.

With that said, if you don't use heavy/light attacks at all and rely totally on class/weapon abilities, DW maces are the way to go (though I have NO idea who wouldn't use light/heavies)

So if you are aiming for a gank/bust build, the largest stealth hit you can achieve in the game is a heavy maul attack from stealth, fully charged, followed by a canceling SA.

Hope that helps.

I will check out maces. I dont expect to use a 2h as a nightblade. Heavy attacks are useless for dual weild nightblade PvP, they are just too slow. Heavy attack can be a good bow opener if you have the stun proc. NB pvp up close is often a button mashing contest. Heavy melee attacks are useful in pve and hit very hard with daggers.