The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Sorcerer changes that were not mentioned in the Patchnotes.

• kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Huggalump wrote: »
    So they made a bunch of unannounced tweaks to magic sorcs, but didn't make any of the announced tweaks to stam sorcs.

neat

Not necessearily. All Sorcerer profit from.. 1%... more...Healing when hitting enemies with blood magic.
    Sorcerer tanks profit from the Clannfear (who are Stamina based)
    Not sure if they also raised the healing received of Critical surge, this helps stamina Sorcerers.
    1 Second more Ball of Lightning helps Stamina Sorcerer.

I don't know why you quoted me, none of the things you mentioned are the stam sorc tweaks they said are coming in the live stream.

And did you mean Clanfear can be stamina based now or am I misreading that?

I was talking to you :)
    You said, stamina Sorcs got nothing. They got nothing specific, neither did Magicka Sorcerer. But all these changes are healthy for stamina Sorcs as well. That's what I meant :neutral:

right, ok I see. Right, there were things changed. Nothing that will make a difference addressing the actual problems stamina sorcs face. But yes, there were things that were changed.

Hey, Magicka Sorcerers have problems as well :neutral:

Are you referring to PvE problems obviously? Cause it is kinda hard for me to believe you are actually talking about PvP.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they made a bunch of unannounced tweaks to magic sorcs, but didn't make any of the announced tweaks to stam sorcs.

neat

Not necessearily. All Sorcerer profit from.. 1%... more...Healing when hitting enemies with blood magic.
    Not sure if they also raised the healing received of Critical surge, this helps stamina Sorcerers.

I don't know why you quoted me, none of the things you mentioned are the stam sorc tweaks they said are coming in the live stream.

You said, stamina Sorcs got nothing. They got nothing specific, neither did Magicka Sorcerer. But all these changes are healthy for stamina Sorcs as well. That's what I meant :neutral:

right, ok I see. Right, there were things changed. Nothing that will make a difference addressing the actual problems stamina sorcs face. But yes, there were things that were changed.

Are you referring to PvE problems obviously? Cause it is kinda hard for me to believe you are actually talking about PvP.

Who knows ;)

PvE is a problem for Magicka Sorcerers after all. Not to mention stamina Sorcs of course.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

neat

Depends on if you want build diversity for a class. PvE is my main concern, right now, when I think about buffs to sorcs.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Dracane for the post. Ive also tried looking for un-noted changes, like the instant cast rune cage etc.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Thanks @Dracane for the post. Ive also tried looking for un-noted changes, like the instant cast rune cage etc.

You're welcome. I wonder, why they make changes that are not in the patchnotes :smile:
    I like those liddle surprises though.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BoL Buff!

Here's to you, Eric Wrobel!

post-18170-Leonardo-Dicaprio-raising-glas-Glmc.gif
    EU | PC | AD
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I did not record myself looking at every Templar class abilitiy in PTS v2.1 - I did get a few clips where I looked at specific skills, only thing I immediately noticed is lower max dmg cap on purifying light (magika morph of Backlash) - on PTS v2.1 it went from 9,900-ish to 8,200 (reduced by roughly 17%)
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoL Buff!

It's too early to break out the champagne, in my opinion. 2.5 seconds is still too short to keep 100% uptime, and if a buff doesn't work all the time, what is the point of slotting it instead of something that does?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoL Buff!

Lol everyone is blowing their load over 2.5 second BoL when we used to have a 6.5 second one.

This is hardly something to be celebrating.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BoL Buff!

It's too early to break out the champagne, in my opinion. 2.5 seconds is still too short to keep 100% uptime, and if a buff doesn't work all the time, what is the point of slotting it instead of something that does?
    Cathexis wrote: »
    BoL Buff!

Lol everyone is blowing their load over 2.5 second BoL when we used to have a 6.5 second one.

Whatever dudes! 6.5" was too much. 100% uptime and complete immunity to all ranged spells was too stronk. I was behind the idea of nerfing it, despite being a user of it.

Of course 1.5" was an over-nerf but with this recent change it's probably going to be a good alternative to Streak again :blush:
    EU | PC | AD
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoL Buff!

BoL Buff!

Whatever dudes! 6.5" was too much. 100% uptime and complete immunity to all ranged spells was too stronk. I was behind the idea of nerfing it, despite being a user of it.

Of course 1.5" was an over-nerf but with this recent change it's probably going to be a good alternative to Streak again :blush:

Completely agree. I'm a stam sorc. I want to see buffs as much as anyone in ESO. But I want to see balanced buffs. 100% uptime immunity to ranged attacks is goofy.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Regarding the first post, we're working on getting documentation for all the changes to Sorcerers that are currently missing from the patch notes. Sorry about that, guys.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Darnathian wrote: »
    How can you say buffs are fair? Any buff to one of the top two classes while the underdogs get nerfed is rediculous. How is this even fun for you?

And I am not biased either. no love for stam sorcs? Screw this game.

And yes people will still complain. They nerfed all shields and damage. So how does it help that the 50% reduction is working if it was for all shields as well as damage? Honestly what am I missing here?

Calling DKs underdogs is total horseshit.
    The only reason people call them underdogs is the legion of morons posting "NB/Sorc are OP" crap. There are plenty of DKs that still make Cyrodiil their toilet.

How anecdotal. Sure, they can tank a large group of morons that dont know how to abuse fear. But when you actually stop talking out of your ass and actually play a DK, and look at the numbers and tool-tips of their abilities. You realize just how much in a bad spot they are.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the first post, we're working on getting documentation for all the changes to Sorcerers that are currently missing from the patch notes. Sorry about that, guys.

No need to be sorry ;) We like those liddle surprises.
    It's better to have them on the official notes though, so that everyone can see them.
    Edited by Dracane on August 13, 2015 5:51PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hey Gina, can you get Eric his own forum account?

So he can /lurk like @ZOS_RichLambert and get tagged in my Leonardo Di Caprio memes?
    EU | PC | AD
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭

I just made a new template sorcerer on the PTS. Unless the changes are both not in the patch notes AND not in the PTS patch spell descriptions... they're not in the game. That's okay, I'd just like to know why they were announced in the live stream and then not put in the game. Are they still coming with the DLC or have they been nixed? Clear communication would alleviate a lot of player frustration.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the patch notes you listed a "vague" statement along the lines of "fixed a bunch of abilities that were not receiving the battle bonus buff nerf", I had ask what those abilities are but hadn't got a response. Can you please list these changes / abilities for ALL classes?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »

In the patch notes you listed a "vague" statement along the lines of "fixed a bunch of abilities that were not receiving the battle bonus buff nerf", I had ask what those abilities are but hadn't got a response. Can you please list these changes / abilities for ALL classes?

All damage shields, the Tempars Biting Jabs. These are the most important ones I think.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Draehl I agree. 2,5 seconds is reasonable and perfectly valid.

I also can confirm, that damage shields in Cyrodiil now work as intended. Their values are correctly reduced by 50%.
    8k Hardened ward with average Magicka. So 1 or max 2 hits and it breaks

If there are still people compaining now, then I don't know what to say :)

-Overload exploit still in the game.

3 surprise attacks + 1 light attack to break one hardened ward today ( tested with starkahs sorc)

So no not one or two hits. :p

We shouldn't even compare the costs for 1 hardened ward vs 3 surprise attacks.
    Edited by Master_Kas on August 14, 2015 3:01AM
    EU | PC
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    @Draehl I agree. 2,5 seconds is reasonable and perfectly valid.

I also can confirm, that damage shields in Cyrodiil now work as intended. Their values are correctly reduced by 50%.
    8k Hardened ward with average Magicka. So 1 or max 2 hits and it breaks

If there are still people compaining now, then I don't know what to say :)

-Overload exploit still in the game.

3 surprise attacks + 1 light attack to break one hardened ward today ( tested with starkahs sorc)

So no not one or two hits. :p

We shouldn't even compare the costs for 1 hardened ward vs 3 surprise attacks.

You should improve your damage output then ;) a regen build has its trade off, Kitty cat.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoL Buff!

I think 2.5 is actually a buff in many ways over 6.5. 1.5 was definitely too short but 2.5 is still short enough to prevent the bug cause by consecutive casts of ball of lightning which ended up making your oldest ball the one that absorbed projectiles which ended up leaving your vulnerable.

I think I'll probably keep BoL on my Sorc now due to this, especially since we'll have instant cast CC and will not want to waste CC immunity with streak in many cases.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to let everyone know, ALL the changes that I've mentioned in the first post got reverted in todays patch, besides the change to Ball of Lightning. Sorry :neutral:
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BE and its morphs now halt movement after use if in the air. Instead of continuing on a path after blinking, you now freeze and fall straight down. I'm getting annoyed with these animation changes.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    BE and its morphs now halt movement after use if in the air. Instead of continuing on a path after blinking, you now freeze and fall straight down. I'm getting annoyed with these animation changes.

That was probably a stealth nerf to prevent lag-bolting and people bolt escaping into Aleswell and such from the Stairs.

What a stupid way to fix an issue in the game.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    BoL Buff!

I think 2.5 is actually a buff in many ways over 6.5. 1.5 was definitely too short but 2.5 is still short enough to prevent the bug cause by consecutive casts of ball of lightning which ended up making your oldest ball the one that absorbed projectiles which ended up leaving your vulnerable.

I think I'll probably keep BoL on my Sorc now due to this, especially since we'll have instant cast CC and will not want to waste CC immunity with streak in many cases.

That's a nerf, not a fix. Let's not confuse the two. If it were a fix, it would still be 6.5 seconds.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was probably a stealth nerf to prevent lag-bolting and people bolt escaping into Aleswell and such from the Stairs.

I hope this is a bug. Because this occured when this update went online for the first time. You would be rooted while using bolt escape, it feels so wrong and weird. With the last patch, I think it was gone or slightly better ? But it's back now.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope this is a bug. Because this occured when this update went online for the first time. You would be rooted while using bolt escape, it feels so wrong and weird. With the last patch, I think it was gone or slightly better ? But it's back now.

I'm just waiting for them to take it out of the game all together. I didn't like the first fix in which you couldn't jump and blink. Now it's like you blink into an invisible wall. I'm going to guess from this pattern that, in the future, we're going to see magnetic blinking in which we'll be stuck to the ground when we do it.

I understand it's to limit exploiting, but there's a point at which I don't care if I see a flying sleigh pulled by 8 santa sorcs if it means adding limitations to movement and barriers that begin before actual walls and rocks are reached. :(

EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn