The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Sorcerer changes that were not mentioned in the Patchnotes.

Dracane
Dracane
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Dark Magic

Blood Magic (passive): Increased the healing received when hitting enemies with dark magic abilities from 8% to 9%

Daedric Summoning

Summoned Clannfear (Morph of Summoned Familiar): Increased the healing from 35% to 42% of your max health when this pet is unsummoned or dies.

Storm Calling

Power Surge (Morph of Surge): You now restore 49% instead of 40% of your critical strike damage when hitting enemies critical

Ball of Lightning (Morph of Bolt Escape): Increased the duration of the Orb from 1.5 seconds to 2.5 seconds.

Please everyone, check other classes for unnanounced changes to passive skills and active abilities. Read the tooltips and add everything.
Auri-El is my lord,
Trinimac is my shield,
Magnus is my mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here a short comparison between the same light armor in 1.6 and with the light armor buff from the latest update. (Sorry that it looks so ugly, I just mixed a few random high level light armor pieces that I had in my bag)

11850730_754966391292447_1385957215599641944_o.jpg

11834852_754966437959109_7711893356933074902_o.jpg

Edited by Dracane on August 12, 2015 10:09PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    2.5 seconds is about right. It's enough for BoL to actually cover your escape, but not so much you can turtle behind it and cheese other casters. Good, reasonable buff.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • GreyRanger
    GreyRanger
    ✭✭✭
    Nice catch on those changes, too bad none of them address the promised buffs to stamina sorcerers.

Quick question, is the heal on Blood Magic per cast or per target hit (so Encase could do a real heal in an AOE context)?
    Edited by GreyRanger on August 12, 2015 10:16PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Draehl I agree. 2,5 seconds is reasonable and perfectly valid.

I also can confirm, that damage shields in Cyrodiil now work as intended. Their values are correctly reduced by 50%.
    8k Hardened ward with average Magicka. So 1 or max 2 hits and it breaks

If there are still people compaining now, then I don't know what to say :)

-Overload exploit still in the game.
    Edited by Dracane on August 12, 2015 10:19PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

I also can confirm, that damage shields in Cyrodiil now work as intended. Their values are correctly reduced by 50%.

Thanks for all this info.

Hmm, I may keep BoL after all.. :-)
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »

2,5 seconds still is a long safe haven against projectiles. :) It still requires you to accept the 4 second cost increase, or to be vulnerable for 1,5 seconds. But you also have enough time to react.

I won't be using Ball of lightning, I still think it's a mean ability. The gap between streak and Ball of Lightning has become closed now though. Ball of Lightning was too good in 1.6 and probably a bit to bad with the first pts patch.
    Edited by Dracane on August 12, 2015 10:34PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoLs main utility for stamina was the ability to cover behind it. These are nice buffs for magicka sorcs, but as a stam sorc, I'd rather have my 6 second BoL than a couple of minor tweaks to a bunch of passives and active skills that are still sub-par.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    BoLs main utility for stamina was the ability to cover behind it. These are nice buffs for magicka sorcs, but as a stam sorc, I'd rather have my 6 second BoL than a couple of minor tweaks to a bunch of passives and active skills that are still sub-par.

I see this is rather not beneficial for stamina Sorcerers.
    You could try to use these 2,5 seconds and close the gap between that and the 4 seconds limitation by performing a roll dodge :) makes you immune to all projectiles, something Magicka Sorcerer cannot do all the time. Also Evade is an essential ability for Stamina Sorcerers in my opinion. Roll doge, BoL and Evasion combined will make Magicka Sorcerers and other Mages cry.

It's possible to survive this way.
    Edited by Dracane on August 12, 2015 10:45PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You could try to use these 2,5 seconds and close the gap between that and the 4 seconds limitation by performing a roll dodge :) makes you immune to all projectiles, something Magicka Sorcerer cannot do all the time. Also Evade is an essential ability for Stamina Sorcerers in my opinion. Roll doge, BoL and Evasion combined will make Magicka Sorcerers and other Mages cry.

Then you just have to figure out how to actually kill people.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I already stack roll dodge, evasion, and BoL (plus orc spring bonus, plus leather speed bonus, plus sometimes bow roll dodge bonus). It doesn't, however make casters cry - it just forces them to use abilities that penentrate BoL and roll dodge (yes there are things that do that). You also have to factor in that stamina sorcs can cast only 1-2 BoLs before being completely magicka drained, so you aren't really doing roll dodges "in between" anything.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can already roll dodge the hell out of that stuff. The things that are rough are curse/det/dawnbreaker combos. The good sorcs out there know how to do it. And beyond that, theyre one of the most tanky players with endless resources youll face. Stam sorc is weaker in all categories. Magicka sorc is welll above average - stam sorc well below it. And theyre pussyfooting with these stam sorc changes like they need to tread a fine line to keep things in balance.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2,5 seconds still is a long safe haven against projectiles. :) It still requires you to accept the 4 second cost increase, or to be vulnerable for 1,5 seconds. But you also have enough time to react.

I won't be using Ball of lightning, I still think it's a mean ability. The gap between streak and Ball of Lightning has become closed now though. Ball of Lightning was too good in 1.6 and probably a bit to bad with the first pts patch.

"Mean"? Why? I think using bugged nirn is far worse. lol
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was very mean in 1.6. Almost 7 seconds immunity to spell projectiles.... weak :)
    But 2.5 seconds is manageable
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was very mean in 1.6. Almost 7 seconds immunity to spell projectiles.... weak :)

I really did not see many people complaining about BoL except maybe near the beginning of 1.6 before nirn got so popular. The counter to BoL is non-spell damage, of which there is a ton in the game. And there's plenty enough strength to Streak to choose that morph instead. Whatever the case, I'm ok with the change to 2.5 seconds.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    You can already roll dodge the hell out of that stuff. The things that are rough are curse/det/dawnbreaker combos. The good sorcs out there know how to do it. And beyond that, theyre one of the most tanky players with endless resources youll face. Stam sorc is weaker in all categories. Magicka sorc is welll above average - stam sorc well below it. And theyre pussyfooting with these stam sorc changes like they need to tread a fine line to keep things in balance.

I know right? It's like "oh you guys are doing just fine, we just need to tweak you a little bit"

It's straight up [split] and yout can tell it's just pandering to these [snip] hole sorcs who think adding stamina changes will somehow nuke the class.

If you actually look at the number of spell projectiles it actually reflects you would see that it has a minimal defensive impact.

It basically protects protects you from shards, one destroy staff ability, and staff attacks. Maybe a couple other things.

[Edit to remove profanity]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on November 16, 2021 3:10AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you say buffs are fair? Any buff to one of the top two classes while the underdogs get nerfed is rediculous. How is this even fun for you?

And I am not biased either. no love for stam sorcs? Screw this game.

And yes people will still complain. They nerfed all shields and damage. So how does it help that the 50% reduction is working if it was for all shields as well as damage? Honestly what am I missing here?
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »
    How can you say buffs are fair? Any buff to one of the top two classes while the underdogs get nerfed is rediculous. How is this even fun for you?

And yes people will still complain. They nerfed all shields and damage. So how does it help that the 50% reduction is working if it was for all shields as well as damage? Honestly what am I missing here?

Calling DKs underdogs is total horseshit.
    The only reason people call them underdogs is the legion of morons posting "NB/Sorc are OP" crap. There are plenty of DKs that still make Cyrodiil their toilet.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

The only reason people call them underdogs is the legion of morons posting "NB/Sorc are OP" crap. There are plenty of DKs that still make Cyrodiil their toilet.

Ya. The ones with 500 cp's. Lol.

Do you consider sypher a top dk? Well you should. Did you see his latest video? Dk's are a joke. What game are you playing? A dk emp just lost to a sorc. Lol. Come on.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Darnathian

Omg, always your persimistic Anarchy talks -.-
    You don't even attempt understanding other people and you don't even try understanding, how classes work and how each class was designed. I'm not going to waste my breath explaining myself to you, it's pointless.

So you're seriously shouting at me, because I said giving BoL 1 second more duration is fair ?
    Please....

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

Ya. The ones with 500 cp's. Lol.

Do you consider sypher a top dk? Well you should. Did you see his latest video? Dk's are a joke. What game are you playing? A dk emp just lost to a sorc. Lol. Come on.

You really don't think the Sorc and NB causing people to come to these class balance conclusions don't have 500 CP too?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, they really need to give Stam Sorcs some type of conal lightning attack or something. That said 6s BoL was 1000% BS against other casters. Maybe Stam Sorcs needed it, but there are other ways to buff =D
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    So they made a bunch of unannounced tweaks to magic sorcs, but didn't make any of the announced tweaks to stam sorcs.

neat
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huggalump wrote: »
    So they made a bunch of unannounced tweaks to magic sorcs, but didn't make any of the announced tweaks to stam sorcs.

neat

Ugh. So true, so brutal. What is the point is testing this patch? It's just a big FU to every stam sorc. New Thundering Presence is a joke. I've already respecced out of it. Way too much of a stam drain. With roll dodge, werewolf, and block nerfs, stam is at an absolute premium.
    Edited by Stikato on August 13, 2015 3:19AM
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

neat

Not necessearily. All Sorcerer profit from.. 1%... more...Healing when hitting enemies with blood magic.
    Sorcerer tanks profit from the Clannfear (who are Stamina based)
    Not sure if they also raised the healing received of Critical surge, this helps stamina Sorcerers.
    1 Second more Ball of Lightning helps Stamina Sorcerer.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

neat

Not necessearily. All Sorcerer profit from.. 1%... more...Healing when hitting enemies with blood magic.
    Not sure if they also raised the healing received of Critical surge, this helps stamina Sorcerers.

Critical Surge is actually bugged atm and gives less than 500 HPS with 52.2% critical chance, Shadow mundus and about 13-14k DPS from single target NON-DOT attacks. That is in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by kkampaseb17_ESO on August 13, 2015 10:36AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

neat

Critical Surge is actually bugged atm and gives less than 500 HPS with 52.2% critical chance, Shadow mundus and about 13-14k DPS from single target NON-DOT attacks. That is in Cyrodiil.

I've heared about that. That's annoying indeed, but a bug after all that is going to be fixed. :)
    It's pts, bugs appear every day :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭

neat

I don't know why you quoted me, none of the things you mentioned are the stam sorc tweaks they said are coming in the live stream.

And did you mean Clanfear can be stamina based now or am I misreading that?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

neat

I don't know why you quoted me, none of the things you mentioned are the stam sorc tweaks they said are coming in the live stream.

I was talking to you :)
    You said, stamina Sorcs got nothing. They got nothing specific, neither did Magicka Sorcerer. But all these changes are healthy for stamina Sorcs as well. That's what I meant :neutral:
    Edited by Dracane on August 13, 2015 11:40AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭

neat

You said, stamina Sorcs got nothing. They got nothing specific, neither did Magicka Sorcerer. But all these changes are healthy for stamina Sorcs as well. That's what I meant :neutral:

right, ok I see. Right, there were things changed. Nothing that will make a difference addressing the actual problems stamina sorcs face. But yes, there were things that were changed.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

neat

right, ok I see. Right, there were things changed. Nothing that will make a difference addressing the actual problems stamina sorcs face. But yes, there were things that were changed.

Hey, Magicka Sorcerers have problems as well :neutral:
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.