The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why the changes to Shalidor's Curse and Ravager sets?

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never really thought of this as a tanking set, but more of a defensive set for DPSers who were having trouble staying alive. The new set bonus makes me think that ZOS assumed that people using this set were light attack weaving, which is a feature of DPS technique. Also, Shalidor's Curse station is in the Mages Guild, right, not the Fighter's Guild? Doesn't seem it was ever intended to be very tanky!

Edited by Emma_Overload on August 16, 2015 4:11PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never really thought of this as a tanking set, but more of a defensive set for DPSers who were having trouble staying alive. The new set bonus makes me think that ZOS assumed that people using this set were light attack weaving, which is a feature of DPS technique. Also, Shalidor's Curse station is in the Mages Guild, right, not the Fighter's Guild? Doesn't seem it was ever intended to be very tanky!

The new version of the set that is on the PTS right now seems more geared toward who knows what; the 2/3/4 piece bonuses (which aren't changing) are definitely tank oriented though. For the past few months I've been using SC on my Argonian NB tank, combined with 2pc Malubeth and 5pc Footman, and have really enjoyed the survivability it gives. One of the main weaknesses of NBs are their lack of instant burst heals (without having to kill something), so the current 5pc bonus is very useful, especially for 4-person content pickup groups. Stacking healing received makes the heal from it even stronger. The closest set now is Song of Lamae, but the 2/3/4 piece bonuses aren't as good for tanks.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden