Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Best set for Templar?

Kaladinn
Kaladinn
Hi guys, looking for a discussion about best sets for Templars. I know a lot of this is dependent upon which specific build, but I'm looking to hear any and all ideas.

Right now I'm currently running a seducer set but I'm not sure if it's the best.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you do with your Templar? Are you a tank, stam DPS, mana dps, healer, hybrid? What type of armour or armour combo do you wear? The recommendations for a Heavy temp tank will be very different from a medium Stamplar dps, and from a dress wearing dual Resto healer. Help us help you.
    Edited by Reverb on August 11, 2015 3:28PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is a game where class is not all decisive for your build. You got many options available for all classes and that means there is no such thing as a best set.

When building your character, you first choose some basics like class and race. Those can't be changed. Further you choose something you can change (your role). From there you start building for the task or tasks you want to do within your role.

To use an example for a tank.
    A redguard tank has racial passives that are very good for stamina and stamina recovery. So he likely doesn't need to do a lot more bout it and is more likely to go for a set that increases armor, damage mitigation and health. A nord is more build for the later and lacks stamina, so might want to go for a set that does that.
    But that is also just an example, cause it also depends on all the other passives, werewolf/vampire, mundus stone effects, champion points etc.
    So look at what you can use best to improve yourself.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of my characters is a Templar, I have 1/2 my points in Magicka and 1/2 my points in stam.

I am really liking "Armor of Seducer" set, 5 items will reduce your magic costs by 8%. I am not sure if it is the best set, but I like it and I can craft my own armor when needed.

With my setup I can throw Luminous Shards all day long ( ok maybe not, but for a good period of time ).

I think I may have added some reduce mag cost enchantments to my armor. .that may have helped also.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    For crafted sets Seducer and Magnus are a nice combo for caster/healers, consider Eyes of Mara if you can craft them.

Splitting your energy source between magicka and stamina may end up frustrating you after a while .. hard to gear well for both from crafted sets.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Kaladinn
    Kaladinn
    I'm basically a full magic Templar. Depending on the situtation I'm DPS or a healer. I have a seducer set but I wasn't sure if there was something better out there.

Also for the set I'm wearing, which bonuses are best? I believe there see a lot of options out there so guidance as to which is best for my build would be super helpful. Thanks.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaladinn wrote: »
    I'm basically a full magic Templar. Depending on the situtation I'm DPS or a healer. I have a seducer set but I wasn't sure if there was something better out there.

Also for the set I'm wearing, which bonuses are best? I believe there see a lot of options out there so guidance as to which is best for my build would be super helpful. Thanks.

I'll try again to explain it. There is no such thing as "best" in this game.. There are just things that are more viable as others. As the amount of factors in your build are limited: magicka (and spell damage), stamina (and weapon damage), health, crit change and some minor others, and the amount of sources for this is huge, and cause there are caps, it is not as easy to pull open a wardrobe and say what is best. Seducer is a very good set, but not if you allready capped magicka.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Kaladinn
    Kaladinn
    Ok thanks. Besides seducer what do you suggest to try?

Also you say my build is limited? How would you have used your points?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 pieces of magnus, the rest torugs pact.
    5 seducer, the rest torugs pact.
    wear 1 heavy piece and 1 medium piece with training trait, make sure they're head, chest or leg pieces - as that is what you gain most armor from. It is good to train all armor styles for the future, in case you should change build.

weapons = destro and resto staff, in the future lvl dual wield up as well. For some reason you gain extra spell power for having dual wield slotted, so all class skills go good with that for dps. (note: it's the last passive in DW that provides the extra spell power, so untill it is lvl'ed you don't gain much from it. )