Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Vampire or Werewolf for DK?

Pink_Violinz
Pink_Violinz
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm currently running a stamina DK who I'm planning to make a werewolf. I heard a few disjointed ramblings about how vampirism can benefit a DK, is there any substance to this? I previously played a vampire, although I'm not sure what vampirism could bring to the plate that Werewolf could not. Minus, of course, the weakness to fire and slowed heath regen. Any thoughts? Unless I'm missing something, it looks like this would do nothing to aid a stam DK.
  • predkill29
    predkill29
    ✭✭
    werewolf would be good for a stamina, although people like vampier since dragon knights don't hve an escape button. My imperial dk I went werewolf but don't use the skill since people like poision shots and fighters guild, when the doc comes out poision damage will get lowered making it better.
    -Daggerfall Covenant Xbox NA-
    Class 1 - imperial dragon knight vet 10
    Class 2 - dark elf templar vet 1
    Master crafter
  • Sandshark95
    Sandshark95
    ✭✭✭
    Those "rumblings" you heard were likely either in reference to magicka DK Fire Mages or simply to DKs in general in PvP. For any stamina build (and especially for PvE), Werewolf is almost always the better deal. For PvP, I can see why those with stamina builds might opt for Vampire if their class abilities don't provide adequate movement/escape options. Still, Vamps come with some hefty negatives, and those negatives are typically easier to offset/handle with magicka builds.

Unless you virtually live in Cyrodiil 24/7 and absolutely cannot manage without the Vamp's escape ability, I really don't think going Vampire will benefit you. You also have to consider the upcoming changes to Vampire/WW; in order to take full advantage of the passives, you will be required to slot an ability from the Vamp tree or the ultimate from the the WW tree, respectively. Since you're a stamina build, you probably won't want a magicka Vamp skill on your bar all the time just for a passive. The WW ultimate would at least have slightly more utility, provided you're not too attached to any of the DK's ultimate options.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neither
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is just my personal opinion. If your a DK more than likely you will be up close in your face type of character. I think a WW would be best. Vampire fire will really hurt you up front if your not careful.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off all...
    You don't have to be any of them.
    Both have benefits and dissadvantages and both bring a different kind of dynamic to the table. but it is not something you must do!

Werewolf is the better option for stamina based builds. The dissadvantages are a lot less and the advantages mostly the same.

For a magicka build, the werewolf has lil to offer. Then vampire can be an option.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As it is on live now if you are not a vamp then there is no reason what so ever to not go werewold to get the stamina regen. How ever in 2.1 that's coming up you will need to slot the werewolf ulti to get the regen and if you are a vamp you must slot a skill or the ulti to get their regen. So if you don't intend to actually use any of the skills then don't be neither.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hear this often "Werewolf is the better option for stamina based builds."

My vamp is a 100% stam NB, and I use Drain Essence skill to recover stam and health.

I know most the skills, if not all, cost Magiicka, but my stam nb has no problem with being vampire.

I know I don't have to be anything, werewolf or vampire, I just like being a vampire.

Edited by vamp_emily on August 11, 2015 3:35PM

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    My vamp is a 100% stam NB, and I use Drain Essence skill to recover stam and health.

While that spell is great in PvE, doesn't it make you a sitting duck in PvP while you're standing there sucking minor resources out of a person for a few seconds?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

I know most the skills, if not all, cost Magiicka, but my stam nb has no problem with being vampire.

I know I don't have to be anything, werewolf or vampire, I just like being a vampire.

Having no problem being a vampire, doesnt change that werewolf is the "better" option.
    Werewolf doesnt come with weakness to fire or decreased health regen. That means the main purpose (boost to stamina) is given without those heavy penalties. Drain essence is a usefull skill, but the health recovery is only to counter the decreased health regen and the rest is just a snare and dps. there are plenty of other skills that do that. That makes werewolf the better option. doesn't make vampire useless off course.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »

Having no problem being a vampire, doesnt change that werewolf is the "better" option.
    Werewolf doesnt come with weakness to fire or decreased health regen. That means the main purpose (boost to stamina) is given without those heavy penalties. Drain essence is a usefull skill, but the health recovery is only to counter the decreased health regen and the rest is just a snare and dps. there are plenty of other skills that do that. That makes werewolf the better option. doesn't make vampire useless off course.

nods. Think u must have missed my first comment on how I recommended a WW. But no matter what is considered "Better" I perfer a vampire over a werewolf any day. So "Better" for me would be vampire.

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

While that spell is great in PvE, doesn't it make you a sitting duck in PvP while you're standing there sucking minor resources out of a person for a few seconds?

Wonders if there has been an Emperor that was a stam based vampire.. mmmhmm i think there was.

The fun thing about this game is you can do what you like, i had no problem playing pvp with my vampire. Yes I did die, but who doesn't.

Thinks you must have missed my first comment like the other person, where I recommended a WW.