Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Sorcerers under the current PTS build, how are we doing?

SturgeHammer
SturgeHammer
✭✭✭✭
Not gonna lie, some of the changes in today's patch notes make the outlook for Stam Sorcs a little bleak.

Here is a list of changes that could be relevant to Stam Sorc builds.

Areas of Concern:
-Bolt cost Nerf
-Roll Dodge Nerf
-Hasty retreat no longer stacking with Boundless Storm's major expedition
-Momentum cost increase
-Stam morph of Lightning Form does Not have Major Expedition
-Expert Hunter internal proc cool down increased
-Supernatural recovery nerf
-Caltrops no longer procs Adrenaline Rush for Redgaurds
-Stam regen bonus from Lycanthropy only active while transformation is slotted

Areas of Interest:
-Surge buff, is it worth using on Stam Sorc now?
-Dark Exchange, is it useful to Stam Sorc now?
-Racial Buffs to Orc, Wood Elf, Khajit, and Nord
-Continuous Attack buff

Gonna try it out later, it's possible I've missed some redeeming improvement, but in a vacuum these changes are gonna hurt. If any Stam Sorcs have gotten the chance to try things out yet, please post you initial reactions.
Edited by SturgeHammer on July 28, 2015 7:24PM
First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surge got "attention" in the quality of life department at least, and i'm still waiting to see how dark deal works now, but if history is anything to go by...
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In PVP the Stam Sorc received nothing but nerfs. I bet a majority of Stam Sorcs still use Boundless over Thundering for the speed boost.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    In PVP the Stam Sorc received nothing but nerfs. I bet a majority of Stam Sorcs still use Boundless over Thundering for the speed boost.

Yep, I'll definitely still use boundless.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, I'll definitely still use boundless.

Same here, the class needs mobility to stay alive, so unless that damage morph works wonders...
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just edited the OP to point out a greater list of concerns and possible improvements. Will add to that list as I dig through more of the patch notes for Stam Sorc relevant changes.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would post a jpeg of a toilet with a log in it... but you know how mods are.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also it seems the damage morph of lightning form isn't that grand either...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2079077/#Comment_2079077
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm downloading pts now as I uninstalled it recently, but there doesn't seem much to look forward to. From the patch notes, I don't expect to change anything from how I play, except I will be going back to vamp (WW currently) and will weigh nerf to block vs nerf to dodge roll to see if I wanna go SnB or DW on back bar of solo build.
    Edited by TBois on July 28, 2015 9:37PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is funny but Dark Deal (the one that restores stam and hp) is actually better as a magicka user than a stam user. It has a 1 second cast time (full speed movement while casting) to restore 2200 stam/hp at the cost of 1500 magicka.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is funny but Dark Deal (the one that restores stam and hp) is actually better as a magicka user than a stam user. It has a 1 second cast time (full speed movement while casting) to restore 2200 stam/hp at the cost of 1500 magicka.

This day keeps getting interesting, is the animation a very clear tell for everyone in the world to interrupt you?
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

This day keeps getting interesting, is the animation a very clear tell for everyone in the world to interrupt you?

It is just a hand wave and a lot of purple crap surrounding you. By the time the purple crap shows up though, it is close to finished with the cast. Cast time seems pretty quick to me.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/201004/2-1-pts-patch-notes-stamina-sorcs-taking-it-hard-in-all-the-wrong-places#latest

What we gained:
    A stamina boundless storm -- USELESS .. We don't have spell pierce!!
    Increased stam regen from dark exchange and change in mechanic (spammable cast, 1 second cast time while moving, mixed opinions)
    Longer surge duration with lower proc cooldown -- now those random heals will be slightly less unpredictable/unreliable/still trash
    Rank 5 Vigor
    Hidden blade major brutality buff
    Cammo hunter proc damage scaling off weapon damage
    Damage nerf
    Shield nerf
    Rune cage + morphs cast time removed

What we lost:
    Ball of lightning duration reduced to 1.5 seconds -- one of our ONLY defences when retreating or finding cover where there is none
    BE cost nerf -- now we can only cast it twice, period
    Dodge roll nerf -- our only other defence when retreating
    Stamina regen stopped while blocking -- block builds further beaten down
    Werewolf stamina regen bonus -- because Stam regen wasn't bad enough already
    Hasty retreat bow passive nerf
    Increased cammo hunter proc duration
    Crit bonus from stealth on bonus proc on cammo hunter removed
    Healing nerf
    Damage nerf

Pretty much a sideways move overall, if not a downward slant.
    Edited by Cathexis on July 29, 2015 6:11AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking the same thing this morning. We may become the new tanks because we're the only ones who can permablock and we self heal well too.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent a few hours with my Sorc specced for stamina on the PTS today. I'm not happy.

There have been many improvements to help stamina Sorcs, but there is still a huge GAMEBREAKING flaw: without a stamina morph for Conjured Ward, there is no way in hell stamina builds can survive in the same situations that magicka builds can.

If you want to see my point, go try to kill the really tough mobs inside the Imperial Prison dungeon at VR15. I can just barely solo them with my magicka build, but I die within seconds with stamina. There is NO substitute for an 18K shield!

Edited by Emma_Overload on July 30, 2015 6:12AM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing this morning. We may become the new tanks because we're the only ones who can permablock and we self heal well too.

you cant block while dark dealing - thus the perma blocking went overboard...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"