The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

40k damage shield - will it be fixed?

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigTone wrote: »
    As soon as I saw 40k shield this post lost all credibility. As soon as I saw best dps I spit my coffee all over my computer screen. I have to say this post gave me a good laugh with my morning coffee.

If you are counting barrier in this, then your point is irrelevant because all classes can reach 40k shields with a strong enough barrier.

Sorcs have one shield that other classes can't use. Any other shield that is used to reach this mythical 40k mark can be used by all classes and other classes have shields that sorcs don't have access to.

If you see a sorc turn on overload and you still get killed, you are a nub. Plain and simple. There is no other way to say this. You don't kill good players with overload unless you catch them from stealth, even then you have time to recover.

The costs of streak is extremely high when used consecutively and can easily be countered.

The dps part really made me laugh. I don't get insta-killed by magicka users ever. The only time I get insta-killed is against stam users.

lastly, annulment does nothing against stamina users, which are both plentiful and the hardest hitters. Against them all we have is hardened and healing ward. Without hardened ward against a stam user a sorc would hsve no chance.

Bingo! well said!

dOJt6XZlQw8qQ.gif

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First there were claims of 15k and then 20k. Now we're up to 40k? Did someone see a video with a bugged shield bar?

I could be wrong, but I'm like 90% sure I've seen a hardened ward alone between 18-25k.

huehuehuehue
    I have over 75 points into bastion. When I was emp, my ward was something over 22k. Normally it is about 14k. What you saw was either a shield number that added ward and annulment together, emp, or a broken shield bar that keeps adding up numbers even after a shield expires.

Edited to add that I checked my ward and with 80 points into bastion and 30k magic, it is currently just over 12k.
    Edited by Cinnamon_Spider on July 2, 2015 9:38PM
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Why do I even click on a thread title like that?
  • Baragorath
    Baragorath
    ✭✭✭
    Trollwut wrote: »
    Why do I even click on a thread title like that?

Because you play as Sorc and wanna do everything to not be nerfed?

Baragorath - Proud Nord - Dragon Knight - Former Emperor - AR40
    One-Who-Crushes-Mountains - Argonian - Templar - AR8
    Grotarg Delan - Dunmer - Nightblade - AR6
    Avosaris - High Elf - Sorcerer - AR6

Squishy Tomatoes - Pact Support Group - July 2016 - up to date

Decimation Elite - Field Marshal - December 2014 - May 2016

Gave up on Banana Squad members math skills - March 2016