The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does ZoS not do this?

Taonnor
Taonnor
✭✭✭✭✭
Exported ladderboards on a website.

See -> http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3b2btk/project_esoleaderboards_first_prototype_online/

And why we not got further ladderboards from ZOS like the people with most AP or most gold or whatever?
Edited by Taonnor on June 25, 2015 3:49PM
Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I have always been against the entire concept of a "leaderboard" as a means of gauging progress. It just seemed to "us vs. them" epeen comparison. No offense intended and to each his own.

I just think the WoW standard of having an achievement and possibly a unique mount or some other reward for completing difficult content is a better system than this constant need to compare one's self with others.

I don't like the mentality it encourages as I think the world is full of this enough already, and I think it presents a problem with other content as it is difficult to make balance changes and improvements without throwing off the almighty leaderboard, giving devs an excuse to say "aw, ef it."
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. What difference does it make? I suppose that some people have such a competitive nature that they MUST be acknowledged publicly as "better" at something than everybody else, but, isn't that kind of subjective?

I never play games for "trophies" or "accomplishments", I play them for fun and enjoyment. What about those of us that don't want to compete with everybody else?

Besides, just what determines who is the "leader"? Can you define exactly what that means?
    Options
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Besides, just what determines who is the "leader"? Can you define exactly what that means?
    ... I think that's what they do to determine who's the alpha male, aka, has the biggest..... foot.

anyway, I see no need for an Elder Scrolls game to have a leaderboard.
    period.
    ... Mai cave. >:3
    Options
  • markt84
    markt84
    ✭✭✭
    I like it pvp leaderboards, I like being able to see who is doing work for the alliance, and I like trying to get get higher on it in hopes of getting some stuff for my hard work. And u need the total alliance points leader board to see who is pushing for emperor
    Options
  • markt84
    markt84
    ✭✭✭
    But I don't see a need for a leaderboard for anything else
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Players that feel they need to see their name on, or compare themselves to others on a leaderboard have some serious issues. It's just a game.
    Edited by Akavir_Sentinel on June 25, 2015 3:39PM
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. Players that feel they need to see their name on, or compare themselves to others on a leaderboard have some serious issues. It's just a game.

So are sports.

But I do think the world needs help though...
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Require people to use semi-descriptive titles in their forum threads?

Fine question. Why does ZoS not do this?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    markt84 wrote: »
    I like it pvp leaderboards, I like being able to see who is doing work for the alliance, and I like trying to get get higher on it in hopes of getting some stuff for my hard work. And u need the total alliance points leader board to see who is pushing for emperor

Well reality is that most of those on top of the pvp leaderboards aren't there because they were actually helping the map. They were likely tower farming at a resource or somewhere. Still I'm fine with the ingame leaderboards we have.

As far as the OP's idea?
    I'm with the who cares group.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did i something wrong in the wording? I changed the title.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
    Options
  • markt84
    markt84
    ✭✭✭

As far as the OP's idea?
    I'm with the who cares group.[/quote]

I agree. No one cares who is the best farmer in the game
    Options
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP leaderboard = best exploiter and in most cases a shared account.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taonnor wrote: »

Did i something wrong in the wording? I changed the title.
    No, you did nothing wrong.

It's a personal pet peeve when the title doesn't give some indication what's inside.

I get cranky sometimes. Don't mind me.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options