Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fun Mystery on Bleakrock

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just for quick background, I've played since beta when you actually started on the starter islands. I've taken many characters through the starter islands, and three are now VR14 and one is VR13.5. That isn't a boast, I just like having different characters. So there was one of a few made waaaaay back when the game launched that ended up stuck at level 4 as a mule. I decided on a whim he should at least go through Bleakrock (his starter island as a Pact character). Straightforward, right?

Well, he only has one quest from last spring, "Under Foot", where you talk to a Nord, get a wand, and try to rescue her friends. But I also should have one for finding the missing people of Bleackrock (with the option to skip finding them to start an early evacuation). Nope, not there in my quest log. Just that one, "Under Foot".

I figured since I have a Bleakrock quest I must have done the "talk to the old man outside the starter house in Davon's Watch" routine, but that would have given me a quest chain taking me to Captain Rana on Bleackrock and the subsequent search for the missing people. So I go find the old man to be sure, and he just tells me to leave him alone. Maybe I missed talking the Prophet? Unlikely, but I check. Nope, he isn't in the starter house.

OK, so I just use the wayshrine to go to the island and head to the village, figuring Rana will have a new quest arrow over her head when I reach the inn. Nope. I talk to her, and she asks me if I've spoken to any of the villagers, but she gives no quest, only offers to tell me her opinion about the races of the Pact. Now, I could go find individual quests in which you actually end up finding the missing people (like "Under Foot"), but the main one for this starter island is just not there.

Soooo... who clan sleuth out what might have happened/how to fix it? :)
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, this seems to have stumped the community as well. Might have to take this one to support if no one has any ideas :tongue:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this