Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thought on this vampire scamming issue

• Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Valdavia wrote: »
    Kyosji wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »
    Emopower wrote: »
    Yea dude, no where does it say "charging for a vampire bite is bannable." I'm not saying I agree with it, but the game follows a "Buyers beware Policy" If you're giving someone gold regardless of what they say, you're just giving them gold. Be smart with your money guys. :)
    This, you have no guarantee that the seller will bite you or even can.
    If some group is killing off vampires so you can't get bitten and then offer bites for payment, assume scamers as they can only bite once.
    As many people want to pay they have already probably bitten somebody and continue to scam as they cant bite again yet.

Probably safer to buy from random WTS as they are not an organized setup.

Again, Zenimax has stated that people killing off the spawns for the sole sake of preventing you from doing a quest (especially if they do it to try and force you to pay them money), is a bannable offense.

it's your own responsibility as a player to not get scammed. There is actually more than one spawn for these mobs. stop crying and go to work finding them. trust me they cannot all be camped. It's your desperation that cretes a market for these scams to happen. Please stop crying to the devs and gms and santa clause and the easter bunny.

OH LOOK, another person that didn't read the thread!

I suggest you go back and read at least the first post so you can see how silly your comment now is.
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    LadyChaos wrote: »
    @viridianscarab‌ , yes yes, we all got that, but you were missing the point of my post.

is the point of the post to turn this into EVE, where griefing and scamming is a part of the game design or to blame the victim of TOS violators rather than focus efforts on fixing the problem causing the drama in the first place?

I never liked scamming. But, the funny thing is people atually didn't complain after being scammed in EvE. It seems like in a theme park kind of game, theres alot of Crying. While in a very hard enviroment people wont complain, even if they lose one year worth of ingame resources.
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • wingnamrwb17_ESO
    wingnamrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Zubba wrote: »
    @viridianscarab‌ , yes yes, we all got that, but you were missing the point of my post.

is the point of the post to turn this into EVE, where griefing and scamming is a part of the game design or to blame the victim of TOS violators rather than focus efforts on fixing the problem causing the drama in the first place?

I never liked scamming. But, the funny thing is people atually didn't complain after being scammed in EvE. It seems like in a theme park kind of game, theres alot of Crying. While in a very hard enviroment people wont complain, even if they lose one year worth of ingame resources.

Scamming in EvE usually result in war and revenge. Player can rectify it. Scamming in other MMO result in players havning no way to fight back except reporting the player. This is the difference.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Knovah wrote: »
    Knovah wrote: »
    Before I post my opinion on the subject, let me make it clear I have no desire to become undead or wolfy so what my opinion is about is just that an opinion and the way I see it.

I can't say that charging for bites is anyway bad. I am looking at it from a supply and demand point of view. If player x wants be a vamp or wolf so bad and does not want to hunt and get it and is willing to part with the money. Why should player y not get paid? He is supplying the demand. I personally would not charge but I see no problem with it at all. (I can maybe see this mainly with alts...low lvl alts)..if you get scamed by someone It is to bad it is a buyer beware thing imho. You wanted to buy it . That is how it works. You can't trust strangers so be smart about it.

What I do see a problem with, is the *** that are camping the spawns on purpose not for loot or cash but because they want to hold a monopoly on the product . I don't think it should work that way. It takes away the supply and demand part to the "we have it you can't get it anywhere but here".

I personally think zos should shut that whole monopoly down hard…people can say it is like the real world ect ect… well in my part of the world government will not allow any one company to hold a monopoly over any industry…If you want to apply those rules here do it right.

This is just my opinion. I am not going to argue why I see it this way.

Again, no one is promoting that, It's against the EULA, and Zeni has made it vocally clear that it is NOT allowed on the server. To kill a set of monsters for the sole fact to grief or cause a monopoly is NOT allowed in this game. It's on a different level from scamming, as scamming does not block progress in any way.

If you read , I posted my thoughts on scamming issue as well…

Then I posted what part and the only part I had issue with on the whole subject, from spawn campers to the people buying.

Nowhere did I say anything about anyone supporting it. I Made it clear in my opinion that zos should shut those that were spawning it down hard. More people would be able to get the bite the regular way and less people would be buying and less people get scammed. That was my point

Sorry if that was unclear or you did not understand my post in its entirety. That is why I made those statements not just to focus on the one point .

Again this is my opinion

And I never said you were....I said no one here was promoting it.....
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭

Scamming in EvE usually result in war and revenge. Player can rectify it. Scamming in other MMO result in players havning no way to fight back except reporting the player. This is the difference.

Yes I agree. One more reason to look for sandbox type of games.

Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭

Yes I agree. One more reason to look for sandbox type of games.

And another reason I hope they put in player bounties like they were talking about.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Yea dude, no where does it say "charging for a vampire bite is bannable." I'm not saying I agree with it, but the game follows a "Buyers beware Policy" If you're giving someone gold regardless of what they say, you're just giving them gold. Be smart with your money guys. :)
    This, you have no guarantee that the seller will bite you or even can.
    If some group is killing off vampires so you can't get bitten and then offer bites for payment, assume scamers as they can only bite once.
    As many people want to pay they have already probably bitten somebody and continue to scam as they cant bite again yet.

Probably safer to buy from random WTS as they are not an organized setup.

Again, Zenimax has stated that people killing off the spawns for the sole sake of preventing you from doing a quest (especially if they do it to try and force you to pay them money), is a bannable offense.
    Yes its griefing and banable if obvious as trying to sell bites while camping.
    However reporting them will not give you the gold back, same as any real world scamer you go to the police to stop them, however this only help other, you don't get the money back unless very lucky.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway this will soon become just as relevant as overpriced racial style books.

Its an limited number of players who are desperate enough to pay 10k gold to get bitten.
    Second, everybody who are vampire will be able to bite others so the marked will go away.

An vampire spawn point in Cyrodil would be fun but probably pointless.

Some world bosses who drop very good loot in Cyrodil near IC might be an fun idea, I don't think we will get much bot where :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    I think the main difference that seems to be missed through out this thread is what should and should not be banned, what is and is not scamming.

Selling a bite to sell a bite is not scamming
    Buying a bit because you are impatient and finding a spawn is annoying is not scamming
    Selling a bite and making them pay first so you can run off is scamming
    Buying a bite and making them bite you first then run off without paying is scamming
    Hunting every spawn so that there are less people that can bite so you can sell yours at w/e cost you want, is more in the lines of greifing than actual scamming, but can be considered scamming nonetheless

I bought a WW bite from someone because finding spawns is annoying especially with no indication or even correct correlation to the moons from that rumor started by ZOS, I did a WTB WW BITE in zone chat, got bit, paid the guy, even paid extra because I was so happy to finally get it.

Buying a bite, is more like selling your gold, because all the other guy really lost was his CD on his bite, but both parties are happy. I have no problem (obviously) with buying a bite, but scamming however it is done, should not be done. The only time I would feel this is ok is if both parties are RPing and know of the possible outcome but go through with it anyways for the interesting RP. Doing so to be a pain just cuz you get your jollies off making players miserable should be bannable, as it could be considered harassment...hell these days it could be considered "Internet Bullying".

In the end its up to Zeni what they choose to do to deal with the problem, in the mean time buyer beware.
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • jasterslegacy2000b14_ESO
    Riften Zone chat is basically selling vamp bite, buying vamp bite, some people telling other people off for selling/buying vamp bite, arguing back and forth and why they are selfish and lazy etc.

Seriously, get a life. If people want to buy it instead of waiting 3.5 hrs for night time and another 1 hour for blood fiend that may or may not spawn, so be it. Its free market.

If people are scamming, then sure, you should report him. I think I saw a person who is selling bite even though he got the 7 days debuff on him.

Agreed, if people are going to tell you how to play the game then they should start offering to pay your subscription cost. I pay to play this game and make my own decisions as do we all, whether that means you want to buy a bite or sit at the spawn.

Zenimax could make it easier to see other players buffs but with the right addon like the WarLegendHUD you can see if the player selling bites actually has the disease to begin with and then if they have a cooldown still ticking on being able to turn someone.

Most of the ppl that get scammed don't do their research and there's a few ways to reduce the chance of getting scammed, although if you're paying for a bite there's always the risk unless you have a bite first policy. But then the person giving the bite might be scammed lol.

In the end, in either side of the deal you make to buy a bite you're dealing with real people. I for one know that in real life there's a lot of dishonest people out there, in game deals aren't any different.

Did they finally fix WarLegend? After the first patch, teh addon would freak out if I had it enabled and say I had every buff and debuff and put a floating skull above my head.

They must have because i've never had a problem with seeing my own buffs or other players/npc's buffs.
  • TheJackal45
    Inversus wrote: »

@Emopower
    I doubt it says anywhere that "exploiting the game in order to create magic clowns that attack players" is specifically bannable either - but it comes under hacking so it is bannable. Scamming people in the game I'm sure is bannable.

Since we launched ESOTU on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, we’ve seen a surge in requests on forums and social media from players looking for werewolf and vampire bites. In an effort to make it easier for existing vampires and werewolves to find willing victims on their own servers, we’ve created separate threads for each console server. Please use these threads (rather than creating new ones) to let others know if you’re seeking or offering a vampire or werewolf bite.

A few things to keep in mind:
    • This thread is for coordinating free bites
      • We do not allow for trades or sales of any kind to be coordinated on the forums.
      • Some players may offer or request payment, and we want to remind everyone that if you choose to pay for a bite, you do so at your own risk.
      • Accepting in-game payment for a service like this and not delivering the agreed upon service is a violation of the game’s Terms of Service.