The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[RESOLVED] Login Failed

Trah_Dahc
Trah_Dahc
Are the servers down?
  • Bloodblaye
    Bloodblaye
    Soul Shriven
    I am having log in problems to, but i do not think the servers are down. If they were, then they would say. I have a feeling the NA servers completely crashed.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi folks, we are now investigating an issue with logins for the North American Xbox One server. This results in an error that says, "Login failed - Unexpected internal error has occurred." We'll keep you updated as we learn more.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Trah_Dahc
    Trah_Dahc
    Hi folks, we are now investigating an issue with logins for the North American Xbox One server. This results in an error that says, "Login failed - Unexpected internal error has occurred." We'll keep you updated as we learn more.

I see... If it helps it it is a quick fail, as if it is being rejected.
  • Trendsetterdsm

Thanks for the update, but it would be nice if when I sent an email about login issues I don't get the same automated email that tells me to check my WiFi and protect forwarding settings..
  • vern2k1
    vern2k1
    Soul Shriven
    Is there going to be any type of reimbursement for time out of game and other issues that should have been sorted out before launch?
  • Gabriel_Froste
    Gabriel_Froste
    ✭✭✭
    It is a QUICK LOG IN FAIL.

It says "LOGIN FAILED, An Unexpected Internal Error has occurred."

It should say "SERVER CONNECTION REQUEST REJECTED. SERVER AT MAXIMUM CAPACITY."

GG WP

Gigaserver announcement will be at E3 2016. Just wait a year.

LOLOL
    Edited by Gabriel_Froste on June 14, 2015 9:44PM
    Please Refer to my Blacksmith Manual
    Rambling Anti-Manual Manual
  • Moheh_Mahbus
    Why the hell would you want to play the game you paid for?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

Thanks for the update, but it would be nice if when I sent an email about login issues I don't get the same automated email that tells me to check my WiFi and protect forwarding settings..

That is a mistake. :( Sorry about that. We've let our Support Team know.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • DarkFireGhost
    DarkFireGhost
    Soul Shriven
    Finally worked and I'm logged in
  • Algxh
    Algxh
    Soul Shriven

Come on, guys.
  • Trah_Dahc
    Trah_Dahc

That would be a bad thing to find out.
  • atlanticaw
    atlanticaw
    Soul Shriven
    I got one of those stupid automated emails as well. Though this one told me to contact my console manufacturer. How does that have anything to do with tall not having enough server space for this launch?
  • Dat_datSker
    Dat_datSker
    Soul Shriven
    Was working fine for me up until about half an hour ago. Then again, I haven't had many problems at all considering some of the venom being spouted. Guess it's just my time to suffer.
    I have friends who are playing right now on the NA server. I'm in the Midwest if that helps from a troubleshooting standpoint.
  • Martyn987
    Martyn987
    Soul Shriven
    Finally worked and I'm logged in

How'd you get in? What is this sorcery?!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Was working fine for me up until about half an hour ago. Then again, I haven't had many problems at all considering some of the venom being spouted. Guess it's just my time to suffer.
    I have friends who are playing right now on the NA server. I'm in the Midwest if that helps from a troubleshooting standpoint.

Those who are currently in the game are not impacted by this issue. It is only impacting logins. So, if your friends are in the game, tell them not to log out!
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • CodenameD3VL
    CodenameD3VL
    Soul Shriven
    It was working fine for me earlier and now it isn't working and I got that automated response telling me to check my internet ports and stuff. Now I keep getting login failed, I even tried out that switching server to Europe server and back to na servers and still won't work. I'm a sad panda.
    Son, I would have been your daddy but...nevermind.
  • Irish_Vigilante
    Irish_Vigilante
    Soul Shriven
    My is say its down for maintance
  • darthr
    darthr
    Soul Shriven
    Also having the same issue and got the same half asset automated response without them ever checking what I actually said. I can log onto the Europe megaserver just fine but when I try the north American one aka the one I play one I get the unexpected login error and get reloaded back to the very beginning.
  • ColdBloodedKiller
    Down for maintenence
  • Captain-Ahab
    Captain-Ahab
    Soul Shriven
    cool, I'm not stressing. hopefully you guys can get this fixed. what a crazy game you have taken on. i just want it to start running smoothly! been a blast to play when it works lol.
  • Chrysawis
    Chrysawis
    The hatred in this forum is ridiculous.
  • Bloodblaye
    Bloodblaye
    Soul Shriven
    Mine says it is down for maintenance also.
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    I was getting login failed due to an unexpected error, now it's saying that the servers are down for maintenance. Not sure if that helps at all
  • Anthonyfresolonenub18_ESO
    I'm getting servers are down for maintenance. Please try later. Did you guys bring it down?
  • moke707
    moke707
    Soul Shriven
    Amazing game with work for two days then suck ass the next day . It's like u should never log off u play in the morning try to get on afternoon and get login failed. So much *** especially if u bought $79.99 version. It's funny on there ign interview "we will not have any problems at launch " lol this reminds me of Halo master chief collection, FAIL
  • Trah_Dahc
    Trah_Dahc
    Those who are currently in the game are not impacted by this issue. It is only impacting logins. So, if your friends are in the game, tell them not to log out!

That is all well and good if all things are created equal; however they are not. Additionally this would be a small conclation to a player that got kicked or dashboarded.
  • Riptidei
    Riptidei
    Soul Shriven
    Mine says it's down for maintenance
  • willdathrillman
    I also got the maintenance
  • babyjesuspeace
    babyjesuspeace
    Soul Shriven
    Would rather just pay monthly for a working game...
  • Martyn987
    Martyn987
    Soul Shriven
    Well, while we're all here waiting. Anyone wanna message me some fun tips or tricks you've learned in your adventures?