Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Delete Character CD

• BlackHorde
    Yes
    Personally even with or without the Limit I've not seen or heard about 1 bot at all, and it's nothing to do with Character Delete CD since they can now make 8 chars and just buy the account and no subs. This is something ESO needs to look into if it wants to keep players coming back. As for the Anti Hack system they have running all the time it's working so there are no BoTs at this point.
    Edited by BlackHorde on March 20, 2015 11:23PM
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlackHorde wrote: »
    Personally even with or without the Limit I've not seen or heard about 1 bot at all, and it's nothing to do with Character Delete CD since they can now make 8 chars and just buy the account and no subs. This is something ESO needs to look into if it wants to keep players coming back. As for the Anti Hack system they have running all the time it's working so there are no BoTs at this point.
    I think you're deliberately confusing cause and effect, just to try to get your point across. And you're flat-out denying the effect of the deletion slot CD, when all evidence shows it to be different. It was the introduction of this one feature that dropped spam levels to zero overnight. It bears repeating, the "anti hack system" in place consists to a great part of of the deletion slot CD. Take it away, and bots/spam activity will rise.

Your proposition that this system being in place could prevent anyone from coming back and enjoy ESO is beyond me. Care to elaborate?
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on March 20, 2015 11:39PM
  • BlackHorde
    Yes
    I would like to know does it actually work or are we seeing a false hood of information about Character Delete Limits and the fact it effects how many bots are being made. Does this officially work and I would like proof that it's not part of the anti hacking program that prevents bots from teleporting or farming materials in other ways.

I just want to know does it actually effect the delete limit.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to know does it actually work or are we seeing a false hood of information about Character Delete Limits and the fact it effects how many bots are being made. Does this officially work and I would like proof that it's not part of the anti hacking program that prevents bots from teleporting or farming materials in other ways.

Everyone who's been around when the deletion slot CD has been introduced will confirm how RMT spam ceased to exist, almost instantly. I think your asking about how it could prevent movement hacks is a bit of a false lead and shows either that you don't understand, or that you don't want to. The deletion slot CD is, as was said numerous times before, one piece of the puzzle. Movement data sanity checking is another. Anyhow, ZOS will not ever publicly speak about the whole catalog of botting and spamming counter-measures they're implementing, because they would give up an important advantage by doing it: being one step ahead of the opposition.

That's how it works, really. As long as the spammers had the opportunity to create and delete characters as fast as they possibly could, they where able to saturate the reporting queues(1), and they could hide the trails of cheated resources behind endless successions of transactions between ever new characters with names like "lkjsadhgkhaisughl". So in other words: they were always one step ahead of those who had to painstakingly trace back their activity from chat and database logs.

Take from the RMT goons the ability to delete sets of 8 characters on hundreds of accounts every few seconds, and they can't create 8 new ones at the same frequency. Their pursuers now have the time to catch up with them and ban their sorry asses for good. And by golly, did it work. Characters reported for botting and/or spamming could now be located before they were being deleted, and the involved accounts banned accordingly. All because of the deletion slot CD.

So if you still feel restricted by it, you should take into consideration why an RMT market can exist in the first place, and then thank all those fellow players who don't want to play by the rules, or think they can stand above them, by giving money to scum for their personal gain. The rest of us are very grateful to ZOS for solving a problem with a great potential for daily frustration so efficiently, and we are happy to bear this slight inconvenience. No-one wants to go back to how it was before.

(1) A character with a random name spams all channels and sends RMT spam as mail/guild invitations to all other players around it for 5-10 minutes, then gets deleted. All reports about it now refer to a non-existing object. Rinse and repeat at high frequency.
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

Everyone who's been around when the deletion slot CD has been introduced will confirm how RMT spam ceased to exist, almost instantly. I think your asking about how it could prevent movement hacks is a bit of a false lead and shows either that you don't understand, or that you don't want to. The deletion slot CD is, as was said numerous times before, one piece of the puzzle. Movement data sanity checking is another. Anyhow, ZOS will not ever publicly speak about the whole catalog of botting and spamming counter-measures they're implementing, because they would give up an important advantage by doing it: being one step ahead of the opposition.

That's how it works, really. As long as the spammers had the opportunity to create and delete characters as fast as they possibly could, they where able to saturate the reporting queues(1), and they could hide the trails of cheated resources behind endless successions of transactions between ever new characters with names like "lkjsadhgkhaisughl". So in other words: they were always one step ahead of those who had to painstakingly trace back their activity from chat and database logs.

Take from the RMT goons the ability to delete sets of 8 characters on hundreds of accounts every few seconds, and they can't create 8 new ones at the same frequency. Their pursuers now have the time to catch up with them and ban their sorry asses for good. And by golly, did it work. Characters reported for botting and/or spamming could now be located before they were being deleted, and the involved accounts banned accordingly. All because of the deletion slot CD.

So if you still feel restricted by it, you should take into consideration why an RMT market can exist in the first place, and then thank all those fellow players who don't want to play by the rules, or think they can stand above them, by giving money to scum for their personal gain. The rest of us are very grateful to ZOS for solving a problem with a great potential for daily frustration so efficiently, and we are happy to bear this slight inconvenience. No-one wants to go back to how it was before.

(1) A character with a random name spams all channels and sends RMT spam as mail/guild invitations to all other players around it for 5-10 minutes, then gets deleted. All reports about it now refer to a non-existing object. Rinse and repeat at high frequency.

No, absolutely with all power in me NO.

Just because you and ZOS can't figure out a way to stop botting and RMT spam without inconveniencing a real actual player doesn't mean this is acceptable.

What is with people just allowing stupid stuff like this to happen then typing walls of text about it like it's actually smart and thought provoking?

This has to be one of the dumbest ideas to stop RMT I have EVER heard of, you can't even contact support and prove it's you a legit player and have a delete token granted.

Don't support this failure of a system with "oh well it stops RMT" NO no NO no NO no NO no NO no
    no
    NO
    N O!
    Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.