The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Its exploit too or just a feature?

QuadroTony
QuadroTony
✭✭✭✭✭
If you wanna join not to your Home or Guest campaign, you must group with a player who has this campaign as Home/Guest and this player will start queue
and you will be able to enter this campaign as a result
im asking this because Travel to guildmate function count as exploit before

Cheers, QuadroTony
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    I like this "feature" for grouping with friends now in Cyrodiil and not later when guest can be changed.

Also a great way to see if you like a friend's campaign and vice versa.

My 2c.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope this is feature, not exploit
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Or to let a whole other guild spawn in a foreign campaign. Whoopsie!
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dev team is split as to whether this is a good or bad thing. About half want Home and Guest campaigns to matter, for players to be invested in a campaign, while about half want to be able to play with friends whenever, wherever. As a result of this clean split down the middle, nothing is being done about it one way or the other. Last update we got, the "play with friends" faction was gaining strength.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know
    but dunno why they count travel to player function to reach unavialable campaigns as a potential exploit

its quite the same as described here - same result, abit different behaviour
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's used a lot for one faction to spy on another
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...its early and I haven't finished my coffee yet.. But I think this was on an ESO live. It was intended because this is a social game and they didn't want to not be able to play with your friends..

Hmm.. I'll try to find it while I drink my coffee
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1589835#Comment_1589835

There it is!
    Why is it possible for people to bypass the home and guest system and jump into any Cyrodiil campaign? – yodased

ESO is a social game, and this is a decision we made with a priority on playing with friends in mind. We didn’t want to block people from playing with friends and guildmates in Cyrodiil because they chose a different home campaign or because their campaign was full.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trouble is, people are using it to bypass game design.

Have your EP main in bloodthorn, you shouldn't be able to create a DC alt and also enter bloodthorn with it, but have a friend with DC as their campaign and you can travel to them.

Wonder why EP are instantly finding you when your stealthed, and have a DC player standing beside you, chances are he's really EP and guiding them directly to you.

A few DC players on EU Blackthorn have quit in the past few weeks due to this.

Edited by Ojustaboo on June 1, 2015 2:20PM
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1589835#Comment_1589835

There it is!
    Why is it possible for people to bypass the home and guest system and jump into any Cyrodiil campaign? – yodased

ESO is a social game, and this is a decision we made with a priority on playing with friends in mind. We didn’t want to block people from playing with friends and guildmates in Cyrodiil because they chose a different home campaign or because their campaign was full.

lol
    this is allowed but travel to guildmate - exploit, weird ZOS
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that you cannot earn any PvP alliance points when you are not in your primary campaign. So yes, this method of playing in other campaigns might be used for spying or other PvP-related activities, but it should mainly be used by people wanting to do PvE questing together (but who would otherwise be prevented from doing so).
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can earn AP points on any campaign

you just cannot get a reward in the end not on your home or guest
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a "feature" not an exploit.

They're going to remove the faction lock (no two rival factions on same campaign) because people use this any way.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    It's a "feature" not an exploit.

They're going to remove the faction lock (no two rival factions on same campaign) because people use this any way.

Being a spy and leading enemy faction pugs for AP farming purposes is a Feature.
    Nice ZOS...nice!
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited