Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer Pet Build! how to run and use pets. Ft. Rlly HIGH BURST!!(video)

• BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    I knew a video would surface eventually with a good PvP pet build with some instructions. Good thing it isn't my live build - yet. Would make vids, but my graphics are a train wreck and the criticism would be harsh. :'(

All in all, very nice build, looks exactly like my 1.6 PTS build except I had the summon daedroth set equipped for the lightning staff heavy attacks and Bound Aegis instead of Armaments. Since then I have changed it to my own variation and many have cried. Many have been stumped as how my wittle Zendro (DC NA) could run a pet build with great success in 1vXs with such insults as: Pet build master, or togglemancer, or the good phrases such as, "1v1 me noob" (pets count as players too now) or "1v1 me no pets". Sadly, I have yet to get any compliments as you did in your video. :| -- Besides one from Xinthisis and it was on the forums - not in-game. :'(

Many have tried pet builds before and failed. Its nice to see another sorcerer running a pet build successfully and have been an advocate on how strong pets are when built right. Props to you as many players do not know how to use the command pet key correctly or at all! :)

Feel free to duel me, @Higler (NA) or post on the forums. It would be fun fighting another pet build, or anyone on that matter! I have only lost 1 duel - during EU's character transfer with my build since 1.6 beta due to a bug - spanning 150+ duels during the PTS cycles when playing Pet Sorcerer. I guess I wanted to be the very best with pet builds like no other sorcerer. Now i'm searching far and wide for other sorcerer's running pet builds, and dare challenge them (and accepting any challenges). It would be fun. :)

#PokemonBattle

@Samuel_Bantien hold your horses!!!! You said a command your pet key?..../flips through manual..../keepfliiping ....when I get home I need to know what this is to which you refer...I was saying just last night what I really miss is the pet skill bar from WoW.....that made hunters amazingly fun with pet tanks etc...but in eso there is only the auto pilot pets....anyways I run a pet build in pve (thats quite effective....but more control of pets would be amazing....please teach me Mr. Miyagi!!!

P.s. I would challenge you but I'm on NA....you'd probably spank me though since you know pet commands :(

the default pet command is: "Y"+left click (while looking at a certain player, to attack) and "Y"+right click(to de-aggro ur pets)
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
    youtube.com/dashboard?o=U
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »
    BOLTERITY wrote: »
    I'm still not convinced pets are viable against good players. Catching pugs off guard is fun but I suspect there's a reason no one else in PVP runs them.

ive tested this build on a huge lot of pro players, imma give u a list here, these r good players in my opinion: 1- Velcon(stam nightblade) - Pain in the axe(magika DK) - Qaevir avi Morilye(his EP magika DK) - Enchanten(Sorc) -King Richard(sorc) -Killer wizard(Sorc) -Xylena(Stam DK) -Fusilero(Sorc) -Kolioo(magika nightblade)...many more, sry for forgetting them

anyways, ive tested the build on all these ppl, feel free to ask them how it was and what they though, u will get a clear answer from them, on how strong this build is....

I'll ask them, how come none of those good players made it into your video??

i dont ever record when i fight good players for two reasons: 1- fights go for too dam long
    2- when i fight some1 good i never wanna loose, and when i record i lag from time to time, so i prefer to never record these fights, so i can ensure i dont lag and interrupt the fight or even die, and start giving excuses that i lagged because i was recording and beg for a re match....

feel free to ask them though :)
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not convinced pets are viable against good players. Catching pugs off guard is fun but I suspect there's a reason no one else in PVP runs them.

ive tested this build on a huge lot of pro players, imma give u a list here, these r good players in my opinion: 1- Velcon(stam nightblade) - Pain in the axe(magika DK) - Qaevir avi Morilye(his EP magika DK) - Enchanten(Sorc) -King Richard(sorc) -Killer wizard(Sorc) -Xylena(Stam DK) -Fusilero(Sorc) -Kolioo(magika nightblade)...many more, sry for forgetting them

anyways, ive tested the build on all these ppl, feel free to ask them how it was and what they though, u will get a clear answer from them, on how strong this build is....

i dont ever record when i fight good players for two reasons: 1- fights go for too dam long
    2- when i fight some1 good i never wanna loose, and when i record i lag from time to time, so i prefer to never record these fights, so i can ensure i dont lag and interrupt the fight or even die, and start giving excuses that i lagged because i was recording and beg for a re match....

Hrm well I two shotted you outside Arrius the other day and I don't consider myself a good player heh. Remember seeing the two pets tho.
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faugaun wrote: »
    I knew a video would surface eventually with a good PvP pet build with some instructions. Good thing it isn't my live build - yet. Would make vids, but my graphics are a train wreck and the criticism would be harsh. :'(

All in all, very nice build, looks exactly like my 1.6 PTS build except I had the summon daedroth set equipped for the lightning staff heavy attacks and Bound Aegis instead of Armaments. Since then I have changed it to my own variation and many have cried. Many have been stumped as how my wittle Zendro (DC NA) could run a pet build with great success in 1vXs with such insults as: Pet build master, or togglemancer, or the good phrases such as, "1v1 me noob" (pets count as players too now) or "1v1 me no pets". Sadly, I have yet to get any compliments as you did in your video. :| -- Besides one from Xinthisis and it was on the forums - not in-game. :'(

Many have tried pet builds before and failed. Its nice to see another sorcerer running a pet build successfully and have been an advocate on how strong pets are when built right. Props to you as many players do not know how to use the command pet key correctly or at all! :)

Feel free to duel me, @Higler (NA) or post on the forums. It would be fun fighting another pet build, or anyone on that matter! I have only lost 1 duel - during EU's character transfer with my build since 1.6 beta due to a bug - spanning 150+ duels during the PTS cycles when playing Pet Sorcerer. I guess I wanted to be the very best with pet builds like no other sorcerer. Now i'm searching far and wide for other sorcerer's running pet builds, and dare challenge them (and accepting any challenges). It would be fun. :)

#PokemonBattle

@Samuel_Bantien hold your horses!!!! You said a command your pet key?..../flips through manual..../keepfliiping ....when I get home I need to know what this is to which you refer...I was saying just last night what I really miss is the pet skill bar from WoW.....that made hunters amazingly fun with pet tanks etc...but in eso there is only the auto pilot pets....anyways I run a pet build in pve (thats quite effective....but more control of pets would be amazing....please teach me Mr. Miyagi!!!

P.s. I would challenge you but I'm on NA....you'd probably spank me though since you know pet commands :(

the default pet command is: "Y"+left click (while looking at a certain player, to attack) and "Y"+right click(to de-aggro ur pets)

Thanks! Thats in the keybindings menu and changeable as well right? I'm guessing its all pets on one target instead of being able to make different pets have different targets?
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I like about this pet build is that it makes keeping up with sorcerers easier.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another video tutorial (can't you just WRITE ??) with the screen full on add-ons and horrible music background.

Thanks but no, thanks !

Pity, information inside was certainly useful.

Please guys, stop doing videos and give us some written tutorials...

Please do more videos just to annoy this person who complains when people put forth their spare time to share their enthusiasm for the game.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do as many videos as you like, it's not going to disturb me since I will not watch them. And I have not said anything about the value and the time that the authors put in. I just want to emphasize that, despite current trends, videos is by far not the ideal mean of explaining something or sharing experience, and all this precious info gets lost for many people.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on May 25, 2015 8:55PM
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    One thing I like about this pet build is that it makes keeping up with sorcerers easier.

i did explain that when i streak and leave my pets behind its because i leave them behind, meaning i did it on purpose to get u close to me, because i can always use the command and make them get close to me. when im running from a zerg and trying to pick them off, i usually leave hte pets behind on purpose for any person who has a gap closer to get close to me, then i summon m pets beside me instantly and blow u up, then do it over and over xD u might think its a weakness but ur only thinking that because u r made to think it, haha :p
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    You can do as many videos as you like, it's not going to disturb me since I will not watch them. And I have not said anything about the value and the time that the authors put in. I just want to emphasize that, despite current trends, videos is by far not the ideal mean of explaining something or sharing experience, and all this precious info gets lost for many people.

if what u said is true then why is youtube filled with millions or even billions of guides...? not only eso, but guides on everything probably, and people watch them... i believe the amount of people who enjoy to read more than watch and listen has dwindled to only a few percent out of 100. anyways ur opinion is urs, i respect it dw ;)
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭

Hrm well I two shotted you outside Arrius the other day and I don't consider myself a good player heh. Remember seeing the two pets tho.

hehe xD i honestly dont remeber but if u'd like to deul be my guest!
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Great video and thanks for the insights into the playstyle.
    Thank you, in particular, for doing the guide in a video format -- it is more clearly comprehensible this way than trying to abstract it from text.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

Thank you, in particular, for doing the guide in a video format -- it is more clearly comprehensible this way than trying to abstract it from text.

haha, man...the community is weird, lmao! ur welcome man, but its just that there was a guy who was crying about wanting the guide in text no video, loool
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Kater_Murr wrote: »
    And just 2 days ago someone on PvP forum said: "...Deadric Summoning skill line. Curse is great, Ward is incredible... The rest of the skill line could just be removed from the game." Looks like that someone was terribly mistaken :) Nice work, nice build, BOLTERITY! It really encourages to look for something new even in skill lines that you think you know like the palm of your hand.

thx man :D
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

haha, man...the community is weird, lmao! ur welcome man, but its just that there was a guy who was crying about wanting the guide in text no video, loool

Some ppl prefer video guides, some prefer written. Its just consumer preference. I usually create a written guide for my builds then supplement it with vids.

I've been working on a pet build for PvE since Update 6 launched, and I intend to forward people looking for a PvP version to your work. Great job.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just 2 days ago someone on PvP forum said: "...Deadric Summoning skill line. Curse is great, Ward is incredible... The rest of the skill line could just be removed from the game." Looks like that someone was terribly mistaken :) Nice work, nice build, BOLTERITY! It really encourages to look for something new even in skill lines that you think you know like the palm of your hand.

Problems start to occur when you meet ppl that know what they´re doing and (this is more important) how to play against pet builds. Pet builds have always had some value in dueling scene - cpt blink made a nice video dueling some rather good eu players.
    Once players realize what they have to do in order to beat a petsorc there is not much the sorc can do sadly. When you´ve survived the inital bust (first pet explosion) there is not much the sorc can do from that point.

It´s a solid build against Dodgerollers though.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Problems start to occur when you meet ppl that know what they´re doing and (this is more important) how to play against pet builds. Pet builds have always had some value in dueling scene - cpt blink made a nice video dueling some rather good eu players.
    Once players realize what they have to do in order to beat a petsorc there is not much the sorc can do sadly. When you´ve survived the inital bust (first pet explosion) there is not much the sorc can do from that point.

It´s a solid build against Dodgerollers though.

ur mistaken my friend, thats what a fool would think. na im kidding xD but let me tell u this there are counters for counters... and counters for other counters... and so on. I have already countered many ppl that have tried to counter my pets, i believe no build could be shut down completely at all because at the very end, it comes down to the players' skill himself, there r counters to fossilize, and to any kinda stun if u want to stun them, if u kill them too, there r many ways to buy time to summon them again, just saying that it doese not some down to the initial explosion only, i can tell u that for sure ;) b sure to check out the real 1vX'ing video i shall put up in a few days bro
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IVE T
    Domander wrote: »
    I'm surprised you use bound armor, with how many toggles you're already stuck with, but I'm wondering if you're using the stam one for the heavy attack increase.

anyway, good vid.

IVE tested almost every single thing about the pets, tried all morphs and different weapons with it and tried to even use it with detonation and ***, i even tried that morph to also make my heavy attacks stronger, but i beleive the damage bonus is not worth it to the max magika returnn u gain from the other morph ;) consider this a little tip from me, since i dont plan on giving the build out :P

If you ran inner light instead, not only would you get the 5% increase, but also another 2% increase from it being a mages guild ability, and also the constant 10% crit which also helps your pets!
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I is saddening to see the series fall to the point of referring to summoned daedra as... pe, paa

... I can't even say it.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• duuude9192b14_ESO
    duuude9192b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Domander He probably uses bound armor to raise his max magicka instead of magelight because it's a sorc ability and gives him more spell damage for having it slotted. I could be wrong but that might be the case.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Domander He probably uses bound armor to raise his max magicka instead of magelight because it's a sorc ability and gives him more spell damage for having it slotted. I could be wrong but that might be the case.

Yeah, that's true.. 2% spell damage.. but another 2% magicka would make the pets stronger.
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

Yeah, that's true.. 2% spell damage.. but another 2% magicka would make the pets stronger.

im not gonna lie to ya man, im using both atm, with the overload bug thing, till they fix it...
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very impressive
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha I came up against bolterity yesterday and found those pets to be a total pita. The main annoyance is how they mess up targeting. My crappy Australian connection was lagging all to hell at the time, but I think even without lag would have been a tricky fight..
  • rishardnelsonb14_ESO
    deleted
    Edited by rishardnelsonb14_ESO on May 30, 2015 10:41AM
  • rishardnelsonb14_ESO
    [quo
    Edited by rishardnelsonb14_ESO on May 30, 2015 10:38AM
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by BOLTERITY on May 30, 2015 12:21PM
    Bolterity's Youtube!!