The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sorcerer Pet Build! how to run and use pets. Ft. Rlly HIGH BURST!!(video)

BOLTERITY
BOLTERITY
✭✭✭
Edited by BOLTERITY on May 24, 2015 11:09AM
Bolterity's Youtube!!
youtube.com/dashboard?o=U
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video! What I really liked was your ability to use them so offensively. I'm sitting here trying to think of ways to get around your pets but with the wards, great resummon timing, and you keeping the pressure on; it would be pointless trying to keep those pets down. I might try killing your twilight, but I would have to keep the pressure on you and even if I were to find the paper to this rock, I don't think it would be an easy kill. So, some questions:

1) Does the Templar's eclipse work on the twilight's zap?

2) Are you using necropotence for this? (Only because the magicka pool would be ridiculously sustainable if you did.)

3) add me for super fun time gaming @Felgod? ( :D)
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting build. Are you using both pet versions of curse and empowered ward?

Doesn't the pet curse last for 6 seconds instead of 3? Does that make it harder to time?
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice video, like seeing stuff like this around. May try my pet build again in non-vet, but pets aren't that good there, anyway nice job.
  • Samuel_Bantien
    Samuel_Bantien
    ✭✭✭
    I knew a video would surface eventually with a good PvP pet build with some instructions. Good thing it isn't my live build - yet. Would make vids, but my graphics are a train wreck and the criticism would be harsh. :'(

All in all, very nice build, looks exactly like my 1.6 PTS build except I had the summon daedroth set equipped for the lightning staff heavy attacks and Bound Aegis instead of Armaments. Since then I have changed it to my own variation and many have cried. Many have been stumped as how my wittle Zendro (DC NA) could run a pet build with great success in 1vXs with such insults as: Pet build master, or togglemancer, or the good phrases such as, "1v1 me noob" (pets count as players too now) or "1v1 me no pets". Sadly, I have yet to get any compliments as you did in your video. :| -- Besides one from Xinthisis and it was on the forums - not in-game. :'(

Many have tried pet builds before and failed. Its nice to see another sorcerer running a pet build successfully and have been an advocate on how strong pets are when built right. Props to you as many players do not know how to use the command pet key correctly or at all! :)

Feel free to duel me, @Higler (NA) or post on the forums. It would be fun fighting another pet build, or anyone on that matter! I have only lost 1 duel - during EU's character transfer with my build since 1.6 beta due to a bug - spanning 150+ duels during the PTS cycles when playing Pet Sorcerer. I guess I wanted to be the very best with pet builds like no other sorcerer. Now i'm searching far and wide for other sorcerer's running pet builds, and dare challenge them (and accepting any challenges). It would be fun. :)

#PokemonBattle
    Zaxon
    PC NA
    Ebonheart:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Suedoú
    Magicka Nightblade: Suedou
    Magicka Sorcerer: Suedoe
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    Great video! What I really liked was your ability to use them so offensively. I'm sitting here trying to think of ways to get around your pets but with the wards, great resummon timing, and you keeping the pressure on; it would be pointless trying to keep those pets down. I might try killing your twilight, but I would have to keep the pressure on you and even if I were to find the paper to this rock, I don't think it would be an easy kill. So, some questions:

1) Does the Templar's eclipse work on the twilight's zap?

2) Are you using necropotence for this? (Only because the magicka pool would be ridiculously sustainable if you did.)

3) add me for super fun time gaming @Felgod? ( :D)

no hte eclipse doese not work ;) i seen many ppl trying it on my pet haha, and about ur second question, as i said in the video i dont plan to let people on the way im running the build, but i am going to tell u, i run an insane amount of max magika, and ur last thing, for sure many i'd love to grp up ;)
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting build. Are you using both pet versions of curse and empowered ward?

Doesn't the pet curse last for 6 seconds instead of 3? Does that make it harder to time?

ye i am, and no it doese not make it harder, if anything though, its more of an advantage to u, because ppl time the 3 seconds and block it, when it goese over to 6 seconds, the insta burst comes pretty much outa no where for them and is a lot more of a surprise to them.
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is your Magicka and Stamina a "Secret ;)" through half the video?
    Edited by Armitas on May 24, 2015 12:41PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Why is your Magicka and Stamina a "Secret ;)" through half the video?

in that half, im using the pet build, and as i said, i dont want to tell any1 about my build, but only explain how to use it and let everyone come up with there version of the pet build. showing magika and stam kinda gives hints to the food and armour i got
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    I knew a video would surface eventually with a good PvP pet build with some instructions. Good thing it isn't my live build - yet. Would make vids, but my graphics are a train wreck and the criticism would be harsh. :'(

All in all, very nice build, looks exactly like my 1.6 PTS build except I had the summon daedroth set equipped for the lightning staff heavy attacks and Bound Aegis instead of Armaments. Since then I have changed it to my own variation and many have cried. Many have been stumped as how my wittle Zendro (DC NA) could run a pet build with great success in 1vXs with such insults as: Pet build master, or togglemancer, or the good phrases such as, "1v1 me noob" (pets count as players too now) or "1v1 me no pets". Sadly, I have yet to get any compliments as you did in your video. :| -- Besides one from Xinthisis and it was on the forums - not in-game. :'(

Many have tried pet builds before and failed. Its nice to see another sorcerer running a pet build successfully and have been an advocate on how strong pets are when built right. Props to you as many players do not know how to use the command pet key correctly or at all! :)

Feel free to duel me, @Higler (NA) or post on the forums. It would be fun fighting another pet build, or anyone on that matter! I have only lost 1 duel - during EU's character transfer with my build since 1.6 beta due to a bug - spanning 150+ duels during the PTS cycles when playing Pet Sorcerer. I guess I wanted to be the very best with pet builds like no other sorcerer. Now i'm searching far and wide for other sorcerer's running pet builds, and dare challenge them (and accepting any challenges). It would be fun. :)

#PokemonBattle

haha, i like ur story xD took me a while to finnish reading this, but yeah... glad u actually have already gotten ur own pet build down :) i was using pets in the pts too but then they got the cast time nerf and made it suck rlly
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome video! Love it when good players run builds that are totally against the meta. I was not aware you could get the familiar pet to "explode." Do you just desummon it?
  • Kater_Murr
    Kater_Murr
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Kater_Murr on December 9, 2015 7:51PM
  • Kater_Murr
    Kater_Murr
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Kater_Murr on December 9, 2015 7:51PM
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome video! Love it when good players run builds that are totally against the meta. I was not aware you could get the familiar pet to "explode." Do you just desummon it?

YEP
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haha this is great. I saw you running through a field the other day with all your babies and had a good laugh about it. Just awesome. xD
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on May 24, 2015 9:50PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice vid Bolt. Always a pleasure to run with you. Pets or no pets!
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oooh look, a pet build, exactly like i called them to potentially be in a post just 4 days ago.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1815645
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised you use bound armor, with how many toggles you're already stuck with, but I'm wondering if you're using the stam one for the heavy attack increase.

anyway, good vid.
  • MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    oooh look, a pet build, exactly like i called them to potentially be in a post just 4 days ago.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1815645

To be fair he's been running this build since well before your post
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Kater_Murr wrote: »
    And just 2 days ago someone on PvP forum said: "...Deadric Summoning skill line. Curse is great, Ward is incredible... The rest of the skill line could just be removed from the game." Looks like that someone was terribly mistaken :) Nice work, nice build, BOLTERITY! It really encourages to look for something new even in skill lines that you think you know like the palm of your hand.

IVE T
    Domander wrote: »
    I'm surprised you use bound armor, with how many toggles you're already stuck with, but I'm wondering if you're using the stam one for the heavy attack increase.

anyway, good vid.

IVE tested almost every single thing about the pets, tried all morphs and different weapons with it and tried to even use it with detonation and ***, i even tried that morph to also make my heavy attacks stronger, but i beleive the damage bonus is not worth it to the max magika returnn u gain from the other morph ;) consider this a little tip from me, since i dont plan on giving the build out :P
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Kater_Murr wrote: »
    And just 2 days ago someone on PvP forum said: "...Deadric Summoning skill line. Curse is great, Ward is incredible... The rest of the skill line could just be removed from the game." Looks like that someone was terribly mistaken :) Nice work, nice build, BOLTERITY! It really encourages to look for something new even in skill lines that you think you know like the palm of your hand.

IVE T
    Domander wrote: »

anyway, good vid.

IVE tested almost every single thing about the pets, tried all morphs and different weapons with it and tried to even use it with detonation and ***, i even tried that morph to also make my heavy attacks stronger, but i beleive the damage bonus is not worth it to the max magika returnn u gain from the other morph ;) consider this a little tip from me, since i dont plan on giving the build out :P
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Nice vid Bolt. Always a pleasure to run with you. Pets or no pets!

haha likewise bro!! :D
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still not convinced pets are viable against good players. Catching pugs off guard is fun but I suspect there's a reason no one else in PVP runs them.
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »
    I'm still not convinced pets are viable against good players. Catching pugs off guard is fun but I suspect there's a reason no one else in PVP runs them.

ive tested this build on a huge lot of pro players, imma give u a list here, these r good players in my opinion: 1- Velcon(stam nightblade) - Pain in the axe(magika DK) - Qaevir avi Morilye(his EP magika DK) - Enchanten(Sorc) -King Richard(sorc) -Killer wizard(Sorc) -Xylena(Stam DK) -Fusilero(Sorc) -Kolioo(magika nightblade)...many more, sry for forgetting them

anyways, ive tested the build on all these ppl, feel free to ask them how it was and what they though, u will get a clear answer from them, on how strong this build is....
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pets have always been good as a dueling build, now in 1.6 more so than ever, but in open world it would cost too much diversity, at least if you use 2 of them, imo.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another video tutorial (can't you just WRITE ??) with the screen full on add-ons and horrible music background.

Thanks but no, thanks !

Pity, information inside was certainly useful.

Please guys, stop doing videos and give us some written tutorials...
  • Faugaun
    Faugaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#PokemonBattle

@Samuel_Bantien hold your horses!!!! You said a command your pet key?..../flips through manual..../keepfliiping ....when I get home I need to know what this is to which you refer...I was saying just last night what I really miss is the pet skill bar from WoW.....that made hunters amazingly fun with pet tanks etc...but in eso there is only the auto pilot pets....anyways I run a pet build in pve (thats quite effective....but more control of pets would be amazing....please teach me Mr. Miyagi!!!

P.s. I would challenge you but I'm on NA....you'd probably spank me though since you know pet commands :(
    Edited by Faugaun on May 25, 2015 3:33PM
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    BOLTERITY wrote: »

ive tested this build on a huge lot of pro players, imma give u a list here, these r good players in my opinion: 1- Velcon(stam nightblade) - Pain in the axe(magika DK) - Qaevir avi Morilye(his EP magika DK) - Enchanten(Sorc) -King Richard(sorc) -Killer wizard(Sorc) -Xylena(Stam DK) -Fusilero(Sorc) -Kolioo(magika nightblade)...many more, sry for forgetting them

anyways, ive tested the build on all these ppl, feel free to ask them how it was and what they though, u will get a clear answer from them, on how strong this build is....

I'll ask them, how come none of those good players made it into your video??
    Edited by loki547 on May 25, 2015 3:54PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is funny. havent finished the video yet but i remember last night i was gettin OWNED by PETS.... damnit.

but its kinda fun. had to switch the mentality of "just ignore the pet" into "GET AWAY FROM THOSE PET".

its fun. it's new.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another video tutorial (can't you just WRITE ??) with the screen full on add-ons and horrible music background.

Thanks but no, thanks !

Pity, information inside was certainly useful.

Please guys, stop doing videos and give us some written tutorials...

i can see u prefer written stuff, but when i used to work on typed stuff, many others preferred to listen... haha...whats the solution now...?
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

Pets have always been good as a dueling build, now in 1.6 more so than ever, but in open world it would cost too much diversity, at least if you use 2 of them, imo.

open world they r epic, ill be posting an open world pet video, pretty sure i got some pretty decent clips which should convince ya ;)
    Bolterity's Youtube!!