The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka Detonation: when does it check for damage?

david.haypreub18_ESO
david.haypreub18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything on this.

Question: I cast Magicka Detonation on an enemy. Then I use a skill like Entropy/Degeneration to give me the Major Sorcery buff (+20% Spell Damage). When my Detonation goes off a few seconds later, will it be buffed 20% by Major Sorcery? Or do I have to cast the Major Sorcery BEFORE I cast Detonation to get the buff?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Templars are 'just slower... by design'
Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
VR 16 Sorcerer
38 Nightblade
24 DK
  • CPT_CAPSLOCK
    CPT_CAPSLOCK
    ✭✭✭
    The buff has to be up when the dmg happens, not when u cast the spell, this counts for anything in the game.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thanks very much.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I cast detonation on my resto staff bar with lower spell power, and switch to dual wield bar before it goes off, will it use the spell dmg on resto bar or dual wield bar?
  • Whyn Aurum
    Whyn Aurum
    ✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    If I cast detonation on my resto staff bar with lower spell power, and switch to dual wield bar before it goes off, will it use the spell dmg on resto bar or dual wield bar?

It will use the spell damage you have the moment it detonates, so yes
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are a sorc, cast Liquid Lightning after you've casted magicka detonation for another 20% damage increase
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a sorc, cast Liquid Lightning after you've casted magicka detonation for another 20% damage increase

aint that bug allready fixed?
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"