The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New Crafting Ability - "INFUSION" - Would you implement this?

Brizz
Brizz
✭✭✭✭
I think one of the main problems is that there is a lot of useless loot in the game that is only desirable at low levels. I've posted about it before in a thread here > http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/103987/crafting-upgrades#latest

Idea:: Add a tab to crafting stations called "Infusion" to give crafters the ability to combine low level material into a higher grade material (consensus is a 3:1 Ratio)

You could do this with Crafting Materials - Ex:
15 Leather + 15 Leather = 10 Thick Leather
15 Thick Leather + 15 Thick Leather = 10 Fel Hide

You could do this with Tempers/Resins/Tannins - Ex:
15 Honing Stone + 15 Honing Stone = 10 Dwarvin Oil
15 Dwarvin Oil + 15 Dwarvin Oil = 10 Grain Solvent
15 Grain Solvent + 15 Grain Solvent = 10 Tempering Alloy

You could do this with Potions/Water - Ex:
15 VR1 Health Potions + 15 VR1 Health Potions = 10 VR5 Health Potions
15 Purified Water + 15 Purified Water = 10 Cloud Mist

Or even combine the potions dropped from the world to make better potions - Ex:
15 VR1 Health Potions + 15 VR1 Stamina Potions = 10 VR1 Health/Stamina Potions

You could do this with Aspect Runestones for enchanting- Ex:
15 Jejota + 15 Jejota = 10 Denata
15 Denata + 15 Denata = 10 Rekuta
15 Rekuta + 15 Rekuta = 10 Kuta

You could do this with Potency Runestones for enchanting- Ex:
15 Derado(v5-v7) + 15 Derado(v5-v7) = 10 Rekura(v7-v9)
15 Rekura(v7-v9) + 15 Rekura(v7-v9) = 10 Kura(v10-v14)
Edited by Brizz on May 13, 2015 11:07PM
:.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv

New Crafting Ability - "INFUSION" - Would you implement this? 25 votes

No - This would not improve the game/economy
76%
SythiasKalmanRebNebthet78DaraughFyrakinWyietsayondrallartplink3r1TarukmocktoRa1neLameoveRredspecter23AdamBourkeMarennemrvbalcnewtinmplsRadicalNineJudgeGigolo 19 votes
Yes - This is amazing and Brizz should be hired by Zenimax
24%
SacklunchTrollwutstojekarcub18_ESOBrizzFfastylAlina_Scarbridge 6 votes
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even with the magic/suspension of disbelief this is unrealistic. Farming any level material is pretty similar as long as you go to the right area.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    sad face
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • Marenne
    Marenne
    ✭✭✭
    1/ A Tempering Alloy cost 5k5 , a Grain Solvent cost 800 gold, so with a ratio of 3/1 the tempering allow cost now 2k4. Don't destroy the economie pliz.....
    2/ Even with a better ratio it's unrealistic. Just WTF.
    3/ Even now i think it is too easy to get legendary armor. IMO it would be better to have a new level like red, but the mat only drop in trial and DSA.
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    I think you going about this ratio thing wrong. You need to do this in terms of drop rates instead. Like say 1000 greens to get a gold. Something like that.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    The 3:1 ratio craters the economy. I like the concept, but the ratio needs to be different.

If we distill this down a bit for easy math, instead of 30green to 10blue, lets make it 3 green to 1blue. It takes 3purple to make 1 yellow, and it takes 3 blue to make 1 purple, and it takes 3 green to make 1 blue. Therefore it takes 9 green to make 1 purple, ergo it takes 27 green to make 1 yellow.

Given a green value of 50gold, that's 1350g (27*50) per yellow. Where yellows are currently selling more in the 5Kg range.

If you run this same scenario with a 5:1 ratio, it maintains the current economy much closer. While at the same time giving a use for the lower level upgrade mats that no one has much use for anyway.

Where it takes 5 green to make 1 blue, it then takes 25 green to make 1 purple, and it takes 125 green to make 1 yellow. Again if we stipulate that a green is worth 50gold, that makes the cost in greens of 6250gold. A much better approximation to current economy value.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still remember a time when Tempering Alloys cost 1.5k gold... before Guild Traders...
    As a crafter, I support this. The prices for legendary materials are getting ridiculous.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is a really good idea.

It would destroy economy? I don't think so!
    And I find it pretty stupid to mourn about a 3:1 ratio, as this is only a proposal.

I would say it would gladly improve the economy, as now low-level items also will be worth their money and won't get dusty on the banks.

From common to legendary, I'd use different rates.
    30:1, 20:1, 15:1, and so on.

I like that idea.

Also bear in mind that those alloys are expensive because 24/7 players just have the money to spend on it. Recently a friend of mine started with ESO and he's pretty sad that he's now veteran level and can't afford shizzle, as everything is overpriced.
    Overpriced in a new players PoV.

Holla holla get dollar.
  • Mansome
    Mansome
    ✭✭✭
    Trollwut wrote: »
    I think this is a really good idea.

It would destroy economy? I don't think so!
    And I find it pretty stupid to mourn about a 3:1 ratio, as this is only a proposal.

I would say it would gladly improve the economy, as now low-level items also will be worth their money and won't get dusty on the banks.

From common to legendary, I'd use different rates.
    30:1, 20:1, 15:1, and so on.

I like that idea.

Also bear in mind that those alloys are expensive because 24/7 players just have the money to spend on it. Recently a friend of mine started with ESO and he's pretty sad that he's now veteran level and can't afford shizzle, as everything is overpriced.
    Overpriced in a new players PoV.

Holla holla get dollar.
    If they are at vet level and poor they are clearly doing something wrong. Aside from space upgrades there is literally nothing in this game you have to spend money on. Even if you deconstructed every drop and quest item you still have more than enough gold for stuff. And if they had put points into the hirelings by the time they are at vet level they would have tons of gold mats to at least make a few things.