The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Upgrades

Brizz
Brizz
✭✭✭✭
Vendor or system that lets you turn in lower quality improvement materials for higher. It allows players to better farm for the items they need and gives value to lower level items.

Ex:
10 Honing Stones = 1 Dwarven Oil
10 Dwarven Oil = 1 Grain Solvent
10 Grain Solvent = 1 Tempering Alloy

Would you like to see this kind of system implemented to improve crafting?
Edited by Brizz on May 28, 2014 1:05AM
:.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv

Crafting Upgrades 149 votes

Yes.
73%
denmj_ESODarkbeerGwarokPVT_Partsaipex8_ESOgmh3393b14a_ESOangelohupb14_ESOMaverick827Darastixbloodenragedb14_ESODragonLane555fredarbonab14_ESOgreeat-scottb14_ESOAzzuriaJJDrakkenAliaandreas.rudroffb16_ESOmonden1980b16_ESOWodwoLodestar 110 votes
No.
26%
jazon1972_ESOjmmonnat_ESOIorailBraidasdylanluongob14_ESOotis67svt_13b16_ESOTurelusPhantaxYakidafiLunaRaeSome_Jerkdaneyulebub17_ESOJasonSilverSpringUPrimemar42freeRangerGrendel3232nudelRammanjeff 39 votes
  • Sendarya
    Sendarya
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    This is seriously the best idea I have ever seen posted in these forums.

Yes please!
    Owner of the Traveling Tavern, serving superior and consummate foods and drinks for all your leveling needs! :p
    The Traveling Tavern is now closed, until veteran loot tables and rare food mats are fixed. I am very sorry to all my loyal customers!
    Options
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I agree except it should be 3-5 grain solvents for 1 tempering alloy.

Edited by Zabus on May 28, 2014 1:11AM
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
    Options
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

I disagree. It shouldn't be too cheap as to de-value legendary items. I would even go as far as a 20 to 1 ratio so long as there's a clear farming path that you can follow if you want to upgrade your gear.
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Not a bad idea actually. Having said that, there's currently value to the lower level tempers even without this system, as you still need to use the lower level ones before you use the higher level ones.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Why not.. as long as the system was made so that bots could not keep doing it day and night.
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
    Options
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Belrim wrote: »
    Brizz wrote: »

I disagree. It shouldn't be too cheap as to de-value legendary items. I would even go as far as a 20 to 1 ratio so long as there's a clear farming path that you can follow if you want to upgrade your gear.
    Why not.. as long as the system was made so that bots could not keep doing it day and night.

10:1 ratio for (Fine -> Superior), 15:1 ratio for (Superior -> Epic), 20:1, (Epic -> Legendary)
    Edited by Gwarok on May 28, 2014 1:54AM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

Options
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Gwarok wrote: »
    Belrim wrote: »

10:1 ratio for (Fine -> Superior), 15:1 ratio for (Superior -> Epic), 20:1, (Epic -> Legendary)

Too punishing. That would take 3,000 greens to make 1 tempering alloy: keep in mind you need 8 to create one legendary item. You would have more then enough gold to buy the alloy outright if you were to sell that many greens.

If the average green vendors for 50g, and the average tempering alloy costs 5,000g, then 100 greens = 1 Alloy

After doing that math it seems that @xsfkxnub19_ESO is right.

5 Honing Stones = 1 Dwarven Oil
    5 Dwarven Oil = 1 Grain Solvent
    5 Grain Solvent = 1 Tempering Alloy

5x5x5 = 125 greens per Alloy
    125x8 = 1,000 greens per Legendary Item
    Edited by Brizz on May 28, 2014 2:52AM
    Options
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    It's good to see that most other players feel the same about this kind of change :smiley:
    Options
  • Swordguy
    Swordguy
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I'm one of the few that said no, because I spend hours drinking wobbly pop and farming mats to break down, and get a rush everytime I see a gold upgrade while refining.

there was a long winded post written by a Developer in the Anarchy Online forums years ago that dealt with this very issue, and how developers are responsible for finding ways to keep content locusts from burning through content and quitting after 2 months. this only really applies to subscription based mmo's, because f2p use the item shop as a fasttrack, while sub based mmo's don't have to lengthen grind, and therefore must do so without it looking obvious. one day I will find the post and make a thread about it.

Irregardless, we don't need an easy way to get gold upgrades, as it already comes in at a decent pace if you like being a tradeskiller and farming resources.
    Edited by Swordguy on May 30, 2014 10:35PM
    IN SOVIET RUSSIA, GUN LOADS YOU!

Do you Troll bait?

Support Soundcloud, its' artists and listen to millions of free tracks...
    Like Mine! ---> https://soundcloud.com/swordguy/party-in-the-dui
    Or This Brilliant Track ----> https://soundcloud.com/teknolog1st/cstriker
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    Not a bad idea actually. Having said that, there's currently value to the lower level tempers even without this system, as you still need to use the lower level ones before you use the higher level ones.
    Legendary items being difficult to craft is counter-intuitive with their constant increasing of the level cap. No one in their right mind would make legendary equipment when VR15 is probably a 6 weeks away. And then no one would make VR15 legendary gear because VR20 is right behind it.
    Options
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    TERRIBLE idea. Only botters would like this conversion of green->blue->purple mats.

Why? Because the botters are in the low level zones and they bot 24/7. They must have accumulated tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of honing stones and hemmings that would be converted to higher level crafting mats.
    Options
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    TERRIBLE idea. Only botters would like this conversion of green->blue->purple mats.

Why? Because the botters are in the low level zones and they bot 24/7. They must have accumulated tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of honing stones and hemmings that would be converted to higher level crafting mats.

It's clear just by the voting that MANY players would like this kind of system, or are you going to claim that it was only botters that voted? ESO's economy needs a lot of help, and there are other fixes that prevent botting that doesn't hinder player experience.
    Options
  • p.hurst1b16_ESO
    p.hurst1b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    This would be great and let it work backwards too.
    <Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
    Options
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    wrlifeboil wrote: »

It's clear just by the voting that MANY players would like this kind of system, or are you going to claim that it was only botters that voted? ESO's economy needs a lot of help, and there are other fixes that prevent botting that doesn't hinder player experience.

No, read some of his other posts, that guy will disagree with anything just for the sake of it.
    I do however think its a 'no' vote. Not because the idea is terrible but (IMO) it makes things just a little too easy.

Swordguy wrote: »
    I'm one of the few that said no, because I spend hours drinking wobbly pop and farming mats to break down, and get a rush everytime I see a gold upgrade while refining.

there was a long winded post written by a Developer in the Anarchy Online forums years ago that dealt with this very issue, and how developers are responsible for finding ways to keep content locusts from burning through content and quitting after 2 months. this only really applies to subscription based mmo's, because f2p use the item shop as a fasttrack, while sub based mmo's don't have to lengthen grind, and therefore must do so without it looking obvious. one day I will find the post and make a thread about it.

Irregardless, we don't need an easy way to get gold upgrades, as it already comes in at a decent pace if you like being a tradeskiller and farming resources.

This is much closer to why I think the OPs suggestion should not be implemented. (sorry OP)

:(
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
    Options
  • oxylus
    oxylus
    ✭✭
    No.
    The system for this already exists. Sell your stack of Iron and buy a stack of High Iron for example. And further, the prices on stacks of goods don't change much over the entire course of the game, so you get a better return than in a 10-1 conversion system. Same thing with Honing Stones to Dwarven Oil, etc.
    Options
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    oxylus wrote: »
    The system for this already exists. Sell your stack of Iron and buy a stack of High Iron for example. And further, the prices on stacks of goods don't change much over the entire course of the game, so you get a better return than in a 10-1 conversion system. Same thing with Honing Stones to Dwarven Oil, etc.

I haven't been able to successfully sell any kind of low level greens or materials as they are very low in demand and the search system currently in place for guild stores is extremely weak.

My suggestion would give players another option that doesn't require them to be economy savvy. I imagine that most of the people arguing against this idea are economy savvy and want to keep the market in their favor, but for a game that is already struggling to keep its population, Zenimax needs to look toward some quality of life changes like this.
    Options
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    This would be a good idea.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't voted, Because I can see benefits and problems with this system, which makes me want to vote both ways, which would be both impossible and pointless.

The thing is, if you implement this system, the devs will just compensate by making it harder to get the base items like honing stones and tanin. Or they will make it so the higher end items require more, or both.

On the other hand you don't have to rely on hirelings or veteran level drops.

As I said, I can see both the benefits and the problems.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • darkopale
    darkopale
    ✭✭
    No.
    craft material description is already really really bad in the game ... we can t know which material is usued in which craft level, don t do it harder
    Options
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    darkopale wrote: »
    craft material description is already really really bad in the game ... we can t know which material is usued in which craft level, don t do it harder

Don't really understand this comment; the suggestion won't change any part of the crafting / improving itself.

I do think that the return rate should be pretty bad though, main income of refining mats should be the traditional ways and the exchanging of mats should be a way to get that last mat you need to get the 100% chance at improvement, not ypur main way of getting them.
    Options
  • ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I like the idea and it looks very natural - if you are a skilled crafter you should be able to make better materials too.
    Options
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Very nice idea. Add one more passive from 42-50 level to make this happen
    3 Levels (42, 46 , 50) being the first one like 14 to one change then 12 to one then 10 to one

If drooped golden is better than crafted gold why not make the crafted easier to obtain
    Edited by leandro.800ub17_ESO on June 2, 2014 12:59PM
    Options
  • Dusty5
    Dusty5
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Nerfing = boredom why not just have a npc vendor just give you everything for free? The drop system goes hand in hand with getting to the higher lvls. But lets make it fair for everyone and give them the endgame mats in the first zone.
    Options
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Dusty5 wrote: »
    Nerfing = boredom why not just have a npc vendor just give you everything for free? The drop system goes hand in hand with getting to the higher lvls. But lets make it fair for everyone and give them the endgame mats in the first zone.

That is why we say a high level crafting option. You can fast grind to vr10 to get drops but cant level crafting (takes longer) to get them why not?
    Edited by leandro.800ub17_ESO on June 2, 2014 1:07PM
    Options
  • Grendel3232
    No.
    Very nice idea. Add one more passive from 42-50 level to make this happen
    3 Levels (42, 46 , 50) being the first one like 14 to one change then 12 to one then 10 to one

If drooped golden is better than crafted gold why not make the crafted easier to obtain

This I kind of like because you at least have to work for it.
    Options
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Yes with a design for limitation like once per day for each step also, to avoid excessive amounts of gold alloys and of course the never ending bot situation. Also like the idea someone posted about it being part of the passives you take at the highest levels so you need to level your crafting
    Options
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    Yes.
    I say yes, because we should not be feeling guilty for making legendary low level items. Yesterday I made vet2 legendary sword even though that I only had 10 alloys. It is a waste, but I will never reach current top rank with my questing passion. So why to keep it for later.
    Options
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I agree, though I would tie the cost per improvement to your refinement skill.

Base would be say
    30-1

1 Point in Refine
    25-1

2 Point in Refine
    20-1

3 Point in Refine
    10-1
    Edited by Anvos on June 2, 2014 9:28PM
    Options