Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

any way to kill Captain Blackheart?

MyNegation
MyNegation
✭✭✭
Hi all,

so we just tried to run blackheart haven normal (level V5 )

and got decimated on blackheart time after time.
until all our armors broke and the group decided to disband on good terms after three hours.

the situation is the following:

when he turn the tank to skeley, he start to chase the DPS and kill them one by one.
when he turns the healer to skeley, its an immediate death.
when he turns one of the DPS to skelleys, then the skeleton archers overwhelm us. ( ~2600 dmg each arrow on plate tank)
he cant be interrupted. I am as a tank cant group up the skeletons to aoe them because they are archers and don't follow me just shoot me.
you cant LOS. you cant block, you cant cleanse.

the skeleton is 30 seconds long. he cast it 30 seconds into the fight and as soon as the previous ends.

we tried concentrating on adds, doesn't work.
we tried to pull him up the mountain- doesn't work
we tried to burn him down fast, also doesn't work.

how do you beat the guy?

ty
p.s.
we read the guides and watched the youtube when he is killed under 1.5 minute. DOES NOT WORK THIS WAY....
Nine worlds of lore, Such was the world in dark days of yore
Safekeeper of the world then was Thor, Such was what they believed in before
Nine were the worlds of lore

Best Answers

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are 3 different ways to kill the boss.
    The most fun way is to have double roles. One dps puts sword and shield on his second bar, the other one a healing staff. Then you alwas have a tank and a healer no matter who will be turned.
    If you do enough damage you can burst him down. Start the fight with fully charged ultimates, ignore the adds and everyone does as much damage as possible (the tank should still taunt and the healer do some heals while dpsing).
    If you want to "cheat" the mechanics you can stack behind the rock in the right corner of the beach. Then all archers have to come in melee range to damage you and you can kill them fast with aoe damage (you will still be turend, but that shouldn't be a problem)
    Answer ✓
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried this mission with a GREAT group. We had little difficulty with anything else we encountered (they were all challenging fights, but not insurmountable). We took our time and did well, and then came to the final boss, Blackheart himself.

And we couldn't do anything. He simply spammed the skeleton thing over and over and over. It's basically an unblockable, uncounterable, unbreakable hold that lasts pretty well the whole fight, especially if he does it to the tank or healer.

I like a difficult fight as much as the next guy, but this is idiotic. There HAS to be a way to counter it, block it or dispell it, or there's simply no way to fight back.

After getting killed over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over, I was ready to put my fist through my monitor.

They need to dial this guy back, a LOT. If he has to have that ability (which is pretty cool, actually), then he has to use it a LOT less, or it has to be counterable in some way.

First time I've actually had a group in this game in months and THIS is what I get? Doesn't inspire me to do any more of these things, devs.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
    Answer ✓
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, for one you don't lose aggro as soon as you are turned in a skel, the taunt keeps going for the lasting duration.
    Secondly, your DDs should learn to block/roll dodge if they have the boss on them.
    How can you die instantly when the healer is missing ? The DD, I could (almost) understand, but the tank ? If you're a tank, you're supposed to have some survivabilty/mitigation :open_mouth:
    If your group can't survive 20 sec with one of its member incapacited, well... :no_mouth:
    What classes/lvl/role were you and your team ?
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a tough fight, you basically need massive single-target dps to try to kill him before the adds kill you. And you also have to get a little lucky with who gets skeletonized, since if it's the healer twice in a row it's not gonna be easy to stay alive.
  • MyNegation
    MyNegation
    ✭✭✭
    thanx for all the answers :)
    i will try to run it again.
    Usara wrote: »
    What classes/lvl/role were you and your team ?

DK tank
    DK healer
    DK dps
    NB dps

There are 3 different ways to kill the boss.
    1- double roles
    2- rock

what is the third way??

Nine worlds of lore, Such was the world in dark days of yore
    Safekeeper of the world then was Thor, Such was what they believed in before
    Nine were the worlds of lore
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Secondary heals are your friend here, just in case the healer gets nabbed.

Understand, you can still attack when in skeleton form (and you want to) a light is a bash, a heavy is a smoke-breath cone AoE. They don't do much, but what else are you gonna do, honestly? (Use this on adds only - you stand no chance against the boss in this form).

CC the melee adds, focus the archers first.

Keeps HoTs going always (healer doesn't have to be down to throw mutagen/Rapid regen)

This fight is about handling the adds (single target preferred, maybe one AoE) while keepinng DoT's on the boss to chip away at him. (Even when you are turned, your already fired attacks persist).

I'm not sure about the 30 second thing - always seemed like it had to do with killing a certain number of adds or dealing a certain amount of damage - 30 seconds (and still surviving) would be a long time in skeleton form.

Move a lot. Use skills that give secondary benefit (heals/armor, dodge chance), and use Ults when you have them, use attacks to build Ult continuously. (FG passive for Ults from undead work well here)

Blackheart is one of the toughest standard dungeons out there. You'll get it!

(Last thing, resource management is key here - use your skills when you need to (HoT's, etc), but not too early. Get full benefit from the duration - don't spam just to spam. Also, Evil Hunter will help with DPS and stamina both. More dead undead, more blocks and roll dodges!)
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on May 8, 2015 2:49PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, as a DK tank, I advise you to have Igneous Shields in one of your bars, to protect your teammates in case the healer goes bones, and of course Green Dragon Blood as a self heal.

The DK dps should have Green Dragon Blood too.

The DK healer should have hots on everyone and spam springs -> if he is turned you still have at least 15 to 20 sec of heals. Igneous Shields is a must have as a DK healer too.
    Combat Prayer to increase the DPS of the teammates, and thus, shorten the fight is always good :)

The NB if he is magicka could spam Funnel Health (single target) or Sap Essence (AoE) to heal and DPS if the healer is turned (and even if he is not turned actually ^^)
    If Stam, well.... Reaper's Mark on a little skel to kill them fast and heal (only self heal though). Double take to gain dodge and speed to kite the boss if the healer or tank are missing is a good option too.

For me the third option is bursting the boss, and he dies when one of the teammate has just been turned x)
    But you need really good DDs and a healer that can help too in DPS so it's a bit harder before v14 because of the usually low level/non optimized gear we have when leveling :)
    Edited by Usara on May 8, 2015 4:26PM
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • jeppyboi
    jeppyboi
    I did this dungeon the other day. It is a very difficult boss fight. We wiped 4 times before we killed him. What we did was simple. Tank and 1 dps concentrate on the boss. The 2nd dps concentrate on killing the adds. If you have a good 2nd dps you can burst down all the adds fast. If you leave the adds you take too much damage and the healer will be overwhelmed. If the boss targets the dps.. Just run until spell on tank wears off.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did it without too much trouble with:

1 full Healer;
    1 Tankish sub Healer;
    1 non squishy DPS;
    1 squishy as hell DPS;

and honestly we made it thanks to the tankish sub healer and non squishy dps. Nobdy full tanked, it was always split between those two, depending on who was skellied.

To be honest all you need is to be able to survive as a team of 3 no matter who is skellied. You can concentrate on dmging when all 4 are there. Worse case scenario , it'll be a long ass fight.

And also, this goes for any dungeon. DPS are all great for speed runs but kindof make it 'grindy', 'repetitive', and boring.
    Most fun I've had in a dungeons was the malabal tor one, when we were 3 tankish peops with heals, and one dps that kept dying ALLLLL the time. It was back when the fighters guild Protection circle boosted spell/phys res. And that there were softcaps. I remember around lvl 40ish hitting well over 3.5k armor (like 100%+ over the soft cap) because we kept spamming the AoE def buffs / armor skills / temp AoE buffs, all 3 of us were like invincible, it was so funny.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the dungeon gets too hard, you can alternatively make a low lvl friend or guildie help you out, to scale the dungeon down for your group. This way the dungeon run and the endboss is much easier to handle, but you will miss out on loot :3

• Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the dungeon gets too hard, you can alternatively make a low lvl friend or guildie help you out, to scale the dungeon down for your group. This way the dungeon run and the endboss is much easier to handle, but you will miss out on loot :3

To me, if a mission is going to essentially require that kind of thing, then it's very badly designed. ANY mission needs to be doable with a reasonable chance of success at ANY level that can access it.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »

To me, if a mission is going to essentially require that kind of thing, then it's very badly designed. ANY mission needs to be doable with a reasonable chance of success at ANY level that can access it.

It doesn't require downscaling.
    And you have reasonable chance of success, if everyone in your team knows how to play their role.
    Normal dungeon bosses dont have much health, even on vr16, so you just need to stay alive. One of the dds shoud be able to off-heal in case the main healer is cursed, and every party member should have a decent amount of hp to prevent being oneshotted (blue magicka/health or stamina/health food).
    Tbh I dont see why you're having a problem here.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While this is probably the most difficult normal dungeon, it's not that hard really.

You need:
    Tank
    Healer
    Dps
    Dps with heal (Healing Ward, even vigor maybe)

Tank tanks and try y to throw some dps in, few wrecking blows, dots of some kind. Dps take a side each, burn adds, burn boss in between add spawns. Healer heals and Dps the boss.

If tank gets changed, he'll continue aggro for a bit. Healer keeps him healed. If he loses aggro, just kite him until tank is back.

If healer is changed, dps with heal keeps and eye on tanks health.

If dps gets changed, healer takes his side and takes down adds.

I've done this dungeon at VR16 as every role always like this and nobody has died once. It's a flawless tactic.

Unless dps is that low you allow adds to stack up. But you don't need an awful lot anyway.
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drag the good captain uphill towards the entrance door area - that way all the adds he summons have to come and climb the hill, too, and can be mowed down by your dps way easier because they're more neatly packed together.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got to this guy solo and I'm pretty pissed right now.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had trouble with him. I've always a found the one shot mechanics from other bosses to be way more annoying. I'd never had a fight with him last over 30 seconds until I duoed this dungeon with a random sorc who used hurricane, healing springs and liquid lightning over and over, contributing nothing. I think off heals helps if you can't burn him quick but the dps requirement to burn him has to be very low
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    I`m building my NB to solo him at level 40. Should be able to burn him down just before he casts his skeleton. It`s 15-20 seconds I think? don`t remember...

First attempt 2 days ago with the first version of the build (PvP build) took him down from 240k HP to 70k when he first casts skeleton.. just 10k away from execution phase where I do 20k Killer`s blade at level 40. This time on the v2.0 of my NB PvP build I should be able to burn him just good and execute him in time.

I`ll post the video once I do it and burn that mother ****** down because he did *** me a lot when I was a young lad as well.

Time to teach him a lesson he won`t forget :wink:
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did this dungeon in a PUG the other night, with my healer, a very squishy but skilled trials build DPS, and two low levels with no clue (one was genuinely trying and learning, the other queued as tank with 12k health and refused to eat food or take advice).

The first time we wiped when I went skeleton. We had been doing well (aside from the "tank" who died in the first five seconds) until I went skeleton. As soon as I stopped healing the other newbie dropped from full to zero, and while my skeleton did what she could against the adds we were soon overwhelmed. (Good DPS had been the prior target, and I was so busy keeping them both alive I couldn't help kill the adds, so there were also too many). Vigor was not enough for the two of us with no tank. If we had a tank we probably would have been okay.

Second time the two newbies were the only skeleton targets, so we sailed right through easily.

If the group can work together, it's not that difficult, but not all groups are good. As tank, you will want to refresh your taunt a little more frequently in case he skeletonizes you. Healers need to keep the Heals over Time running for similar reasons. Also, if you are a skeleton you can still do damage against the skeletons he summons, so there is at least that.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Therwind
    Therwind
    ✭✭✭
    One good dps can handle the adds the entire fight whilst doting the boss here and there. The other dps stays on the boss unless the other dps gets turned. The tank can taunt a few adds here and there also.
  • Acetriad
    Acetriad
    Well, he's nearly impossible solo... I tried. But a friend ported in, and that helped. One can heal/tank when the other is boney.