Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING ABOUT V DUNGEON AND TRIAL DIFFICULTY?

alfoner
alfoner
✭✭
WTF,

first of all ESO s GROOUPING TOOL DOESN'T WORK. OK then you want to do daily v dungeon. you start calling group on a zone and guild chats you FINALLY get your group after 1h. (for trials WHOLE DAY!?!?!). now you are rdy to enter the Dungeon/trial. Time for a first Boss. WIPE, WIPE, WIPE. PLL start rage quitting. Ok i know some pll are freaking brain dead and have no idea what a poop they are doing. but also with your guild group the FREAKING dudngeons and TRIAL ARE IMPOSSIPLE!!! you have to make use you have at least 6h free time if you want to even finish ONE V DUNGEON. ONE!?!? do i really enjoy playing this game!? HECK NO!! you have to freaking try hard and concentrate more than nuclear scientist! IF you are working on days and you come home and want to play relaxing game and enjoy it. ESO IS NOT TAHT! you seriously have to be one of those 24/7 nerd players to able to clear one freaking dungeon. I don't even want to talk about the trials -.- ffs. even some other mmorpg's hardest difficulty is not that hard and frustrating!
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Much rage I sense in you.

Are you AD/NA? I could show you the ropes and run you through.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the dungeon difficulty was extremely hard prior to update 1.6 and without any Champion Points.

With around 110 CP I have now, the dungeons are a breeze to go through and are extremely boring. So boring in fact that I switched from a main healer to a Templar Tank. And even though I am learning the fights from a whole different role, they can still seem easy.

The normal dungeons should be able to be completed with any PUG group. The VET Dungeons not so much as they have different mechanics to them. I've been through CoA also on Vet and cleared it every time. Vet DSA, not yet....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    alfoner wrote: »
    WTF,

first of all ESO s GROOUPING TOOL DOESN'T WORK. OK then you want to do daily v dungeon. you start calling group on a zone and guild chats you FINALLY get your group after 1h. (for trials WHOLE DAY!?!?!). now you are rdy to enter the Dungeon/trial. Time for a first Boss. WIPE, WIPE, WIPE. PLL start rage quitting. Ok i know some pll are freaking brain dead and have no idea what a poop they are doing. but also with your guild group the FREAKING dudngeons and TRIAL ARE IMPOSSIPLE!!! you have to make use you have at least 6h free time if you want to even finish ONE V DUNGEON. ONE!?!? do i really enjoy playing this game!? HECK NO!! you have to freaking try hard and concentrate more than nuclear scientist! IF you are working on days and you come home and want to play relaxing game and enjoy it. ESO IS NOT TAHT! you seriously have to be one of those 24/7 nerd players to able to clear one freaking dungeon. I don't even want to talk about the trials -.- ffs. even some other mmorpg's hardest difficulty is not that hard and frustrating!

Get the feeling you are not amused then aye?:}

Take a step back, its just a game, chill...
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I haven't actually done any trials, so I can only speak to vet dungeons (which I actually only started doing within the last couple of months).

I really don't see the issue. As long as you've got good gear and a decently-thought-out build, and you actually learned how to play your build (as opposed to just grinding your way to VR without actually taking time to learn how to be effective in your role), you should be able to do vet dungeons just fine.

The difficulty is definitely higher than regular dungeons, but it's far from insurmountable. I've been running them with my real life friends, and we're far from hardcore gamers (I play way more than they do, and I'm really not a hardcore gamer - I don't do much min/maxing or theorycrafting or anything), yet we've been able to get gold keys from the pledges with a little effort.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My clannfear tanked the majority of vet Elden Hollow scaled to VR12 earlier...

But I agree that it can be very frustrating with pugs, because its a grab bag. You never know what you are going to get.

Sometimes people are so drunk or high that they literally cannot function in a group. And some people don't spend hours poring over forums and fan sites trying to figure out optimal builds for their characters, so their dps might suck and get you stuck on a dps-race boss.

Then some people are just inherently bad players. Standing in AOEs, or time and time again not noticing that they need to react to a mechanic to save a group member. Those are probably the most frustrating situations, but it's all part of the pug life my friend.

If you really wanna avoid all chances at failing join a couple of guilds and spam them for people to join you when you do your runs, you will generally get a better pick of players from those (not guaranteed, though).
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me, if you get some practice they will be easier than you could ever imagine.

A long time ago I felt like you about vet dungeons, today the hardest trial is so easy it's not even fun.

If you expect to instantly succeed in the "hardest" content in the game, you should probably play another game. People are already leaving this one in droves because it's too easy.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »
    Sometimes people are so drunk or high that they literally cannot function in a group.
    And on that note, 2 of my friends who I run dungeons with are usually (always) stoned when we're playing, and it's not uncommon for all of us to have been drinking (although not generally to the point of being particularly drunk). Even with that, and with the fact that none of us is a hardcore player, so far we've found vet dungeons to be a challenge, but totally doable.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Sometimes people are so drunk or high that they literally cannot function in a group.
    And on that note, 2 of my friends who I run dungeons with are usually (always) stoned when we're playing, and it's not uncommon for all of us to have been drinking (although not generally to the point of being particularly drunk). Even with that, and with the fact that none of us is a hardcore player, so far we've found vet dungeons to be a challenge, but totally doable.

That feeling when the healer says at the start of the dungeon, "AFK a sec need to grab some more tequila"

:|
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they're was a LOL button still

Vet dungeons and trials are easy as pie ATM.

Sanctum is still difficult.

What class/gear/skills are you running
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That feeling when the healer says at the start of the dungeon, "AFK a sec need to grab some more tequila"

:|
    Well, amongst my friends I'm the healer, and at worst I'll be drinking beer... But the 2 DPS do often take breaks part way through the dungeon to blaze...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Yodased, our main tank, was always drunk. I always joke that he doesn't taunt bosses with skills, he just throws beer bottles at them.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, you might find this thread in the Players Helping Players section useful:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166365/how-is-vet-dungeon-a-possibility#latest
    It was started by someone having similar difficulties to what you're having, and I think it contains a lot of helpful advice and discussion.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally understand, I was in your shoes sometime June 2014. Getting into the vet scene was an eye-opening experience. Nothing really prepares you for it. But over time, learning the mechs and with help from a guild it really becomes quite easy as others have said.

Lol tho I work full time days and have a family too. It's important to get a group of regular players to go do these with on a regular basis. If you continue to pug, "your going to have a bad time" as they say.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • zeitzbachrwb17_ESO
    The only time I have trouble doing gold pledge is that..

the team really is horrifreaking bad.

DPS melts in 2 hits and has lower damage than a healer because they don't know how to build (Magicka+stamina bow build anyone? Woo)

IF you can't even do norm run without dying more than 3-4 times in a row and getting hit by AoE 80% of the time and never blocking heavy hit, have fun failing and dragging everyone with you.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With even a modicum of organisation and with some half decent players both veteran dungeons and trials are insanely easy.
    Edited by Garion on May 5, 2015 8:32PM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »

@Yodased, our main tank, was always drunk. I always joke that he doesn't taunt bosses with skills, he just throws beer bottles at them.

Hey I resemble that remark. @shunravi
    Edited by yodased on May 5, 2015 8:36PM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    With even a modicum of organisation and with some half decent players both veteran dungeons and trials are insanely easy.

I agree all of them are too easy
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

Hey I resemble that remark.

;)
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha, still never successfully completed a trial yet after several attempts. Insanely easy my foot...
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    l2p issue

I really hate people that say that normally but it really is. The hardest vet boss in this game used to be the girl who goes into the portals with daedra (without bugging it) but now even she is cakewalk.

Just stay out of red and have enough dps to get through burn phases
    Edited by Kelleton on May 5, 2015 8:51PM
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF,

Time for a first Boss. WIPE, WIPE, WIPE. PLL start rage quitting.

Easy solution to you problems mate.

For Vet dungeon you need

a) TEMPLAR HEALER. No DK/NB/SORC. they are completely useless. Resto staff dots do not cut it, you need a 3-4 abilities that only the Templar Healer has. Especially when you do not have the "Immortal Emperor Dragonknight" as tank.

b) Vampires DO SUCK in Vet Dungeons. Full stop. Never ever get a Vampire member in Vet Dungeon. Maybe they can pull it on a trial since there are 3-4 healers around, but never in a 4 man. Hell the majority do suck in normal dungeons also.

c) DD. At least one Destro Staff Sorc or Destro Staff DK if the dungeon is V12. All these NB Bow users, have pathetic DPS for vet dungeons.

Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on May 5, 2015 8:52PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats funny cause my vr7 Sorc heals vet CoA on the regular,
    my vr14 DK heals everything and we have a vampire stam nb dpsing vet CoA all the time

twitch.tv/heroofnone
    twitch.tv/yodased

watch. learn. profit.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »

Ha, still never successfully completed a trial yet after several attempts. Insanely easy my foot...

You shouldn't expect to complete them if your players are not at least half decent, if you don't have a modicum of organisation and/or if you don't know "what the f to do".

My guild run trial groups open for anyone twice a week, regardless of skill/gear/whatever and there's new people every time who haven't ever done one before. I don't think they've failed once for 6+ months.

For something like AA you literally need one good healer, one good tank and one or two good DPS and they can carry 8-9 people who just mash different buttons in no specific order through the whole thing.

Advice: join a guild and start practicing. Before long you will wish that they actually provided some challenge.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    my only gripe is the dungeons are hard enough that you kinda need team speak for that and trials its like a dungeon shouldn't be hard enough that you need outside programs that don't exist in the game to complete them. that and lag there should be a lil leeway in how difficult they are.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTF,

For Vet dungeon you need

a) TEMPLAR HEALER. No DK/NB/SORC. they are completely useless. Resto staff dots do not cut it, you need a 3-4 abilities that only the Templar Healer has. Especially when you do not have the "Immortal Emperor Dragonknight" as tank.

b) Vampires DO SUCK in Vet Dungeons. Full stop. Never ever get a Vampire member in Vet Dungeon. Maybe they can pull it on a trial since there are 3-4 healers around, but never in a 4 man. Hell the majority do suck in normal dungeons also.

c) DD. At least one Destro Staff Sorc or Destro Staff DK if the dungeon is V12. All these NB Bow users, have pathetic DPS for vet dungeons.

On behalf of my entire guild; all the vampires, nb and sorc tanks, nightblade and Dk healers, and bow dps, I officially LOL this post.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have run plenty of vet dungeons in just roughly an hour, and im one of the worst players in this game. you just have to get the hang of them.

which one are you having trouble with, and what alliance are you?
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On behalf of my entire guild; all the vampires, nb and sorc tanks, nightblade and Dk healers, and bow dps, I officially LOL this post.

I lol at you getting burned on the first flames Bogdan puts out
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF,

For Vet dungeon you need

Sorc vamp here. Heal the dailies everyday often with 0 deaths.

Edit - healed vet elden hollow today for instance with only one death (tank and was just unfortunate). I also have 13k health lol.
    Edited by Garion on May 5, 2015 9:35PM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I lol at you getting burned on the first flames Bogdan puts out

Lol at me killing the last boss of vDSA with a bow nightblade with a Nightblade tank and vampire sorc dps https://youtu.be/WUYz6xXPnFE (it's annoying how tanking that mini boss dropped my dps so low :( )

Also in that vid where I die to bogdan, don't you think it's funny that the vampire bow dps is the one who doesn't die? I find that funny
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF,

Bite your tongue! I just soloed Elden Hollow a couple days ago with my VR14 Vampire Sorc:

V2MQe3L.jpg
    Edited by Emma_Overload on May 5, 2015 9:53PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE