The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Shield Strength based off of Stamina.

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ezareth I'm really tired of how you talk down to people on these forums. Very Patronizing. No, I don't need to message a DK. Yes, I kill people fine. There's a handful I do not. I am not some NUB who cant break through shields. When a Sorc can tank 4 ppl with one shield and I as a stamina user have to do a song and dance every 4 secs there's a glaring disparity. Sorry you don't see it. Happy some do.

This was a reasonable comment of yours, in an older thread:
    I'm constantly working on my build. I have always gone after Sypher no matter what..I think some people would just rather not try..at least I try. This from someone who has never run in a group or been guilded and PvPd with a guild.

I don't call myself "good". I don't make video compilations of when I 1VX.(and live..yea it happens once in a blue moon) I play to have fun.

As far as I am concerned I am pleased that I was able to stay alive as long as I did.(considering) If my name can be shown in these vids and people can make nasty comments..Ill just start avoiding you Sypher. Have fun in game.

If you die in the situation shown in that thread's video, there is more than a handful players you can't kill. Everyone is welcome to argue, also about class balance, but when you have no arguments left, that's just it. You rather seem to be unwilling to accept this time, that that Sorc you couldn't kill while he was only casting his Ward (wich I doubt, it's actually far more likely you just didn't understand what he was doing or didn't tell the whole truth) was simply better at the game.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Ezareth I'm really tired of how you talk down to people on these forums. Very Patronizing. No, I don't need to message a DK. Yes, I kill people fine. There's a handful I do not. I am not some NUB who cant break through shields. When a Sorc can tank 4 ppl with one shield and I as a stamina user have to do a song and dance every 4 secs there's a glaring disparity. Sorry you don't see it. Happy some do.

I'm constantly working on my build. I have always gone after Sypher no matter what..I think some people would just rather not try..at least I try. This from someone who has never run in a group or been guilded and PvPd with a guild.

I don't call myself "good". I don't make video compilations of when I 1VX.(and live..yea it happens once in a blue moon) I play to have fun.

As far as I am concerned I am pleased that I was able to stay alive as long as I did.(considering) If my name can be shown in these vids and people can make nasty comments..Ill just start avoiding you Sypher. Have fun in game.

If you die in the situation shown in that thread's video, there is more than a handful players you can't kill. Everyone is welcome to argue, also about class balance, but when you have no arguments left, that's just it. You rather seem to be unwilling to accept this time, that that Sorc you couldn't kill while he was only casting his Ward (wich I doubt, it's actually far more likely you just didn't understand what he was doing or didn't tell the whole truth) was simply better at the game.

seriously? you go 2 v 2 with pixy and sypher and tell me when you don't die. I read the meter. I know what hardened wards are mitigating in damage. There was nothing else that this sorc used. We killed the sorc finally..sure..but I wanted to see what in the world he was tanking with..no blocks..no harness magicka no whitstrakes...hardened ward..Ice comet..hardened ward Ice comet ticks after..hardened ward..invasion...hardened ward...caltrops...hardened ward..talons..hardened ward and finally before he died talons registered for damage. That was well over ten K dps from me (not counting the other three doing their damage.)
  • corx3
    corx3
    ✭✭✭
    all I see is that dodge roll gives me a chance percentage of evade.. Not a 100% mitigation like Hardened ward.So we are to be content with our percentage chance while rolling around like organ grinder monkeys every 4 seconds while hardened ward guarantees you 10 k + mitigation(I happen to know average sorcs who have well over 13 k in hardened ward).

Your feathers are awfully ruffled over what most likely seems to be a user error. Sorcs have pretty bad ass shields, yes. If they didn't, I'd two shot them with trivial ease. Magicka based active defense is the way they stay alive. With that said, I have no problem CCing and executing shielded Sorcs that don't quickly blink away to create space. I can dodge the attacks I need to and my cost reduction + regen means I can repeat this ad infinitum. I don't want easy kills all the time; perhaps most competitive players would agree?

You are refusing to let anyone speak sense to you and stamping your analogical feet like a toddler. First, relax. Second, adjust your game play. Third, watch how much less you have to complain about shield-stacking sorcs.

Edited by corx3 on April 28, 2015 8:40PM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no ruffled feathers here. No one likes to be called names for asking questions and trying to offer new ideas. On my side I have spoken good sense as well. I would gladly trade a percentage chance to evade based off stamina that forces me to roll ever 4 secs for a 100% damage mitigating shield based off stamina. Others agree. That's all I really need to take comfort in. Trust me, a slew of sorcs comfy with their fat mitigation shields based off their main trait flooding in to make sure no one else gets the same thing was expected ;)
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    all I see is that dodge roll gives me a chance percentage of evade.. Not a 100% mitigation like Hardened ward.So we are to be content with our percentage chance while rolling around like organ grinder monkeys every 4 seconds while hardened ward guarantees you 10 k + mitigation(I happen to know average sorcs who have well over 13 k in hardened ward).

Dodge roll is 100% evade the vast majority of abilities for the duration of the dodge roll (something over 1 second). Some abilities (chiefly categorized as AOE abilities and Dots) ignore dodge rolling. Why do you keep saying every 4 seconds? You can dodge roll every second as long as you still have the stamina to do so. The same with the Sorc casting Hardened ward except if he's casting hardened ward he's not doing damage so if you're doing "10K DPS" to him he's not doing anything other than spamming wards nonstop.

I know sorcs who have over 13K wards as well, and they also have limited magicka regen and even less stamina regen so you kill those kind of sorcs by draining them of stamina instead of trying to kill their shields.
    Edited by Ezareth on April 28, 2015 8:55PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no ruffled feathers here. No one likes to be called names for asking questions and trying to offer new ideas. On my side I have spoken good sense as well. I would gladly trade a percentage chance to evade based off stamina that forces me to roll ever 4 secs for a 100% damage mitigating shield based off stamina. Others agree. That's all I really need to take comfort in. Trust me, a slew of sorcs comfy with their fat mitigation shields based off their main trait flooding in to make sure no one else gets the same thing was expected ;)

And I would gladly "trade" for the ability to use a magicka based dodge roll that gave me 100% damage mitigation for 4 seconds too. I wouldn't even need or use hardened ward then. I could just perma-overload-roll people to death. I'm sure others agree this is exactly what Sorcs need.

We need to get you into a guild of good PvPers to train you or something.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as I know..as far as I can see. that glow animation (which i assume is evade) last for roughly 4 seconds(after dodge rolling). So its 100% evade for projectiles only I'm guessing? Ive looked for a tooltpip on dodge roll and it benefits but haven't found one. I thought it was 40%.

P.s. I can say with fair confidence Ive been hit with stuff after roll dodging. i know you cant roll dodge comet and i'm guessing you cant evade velocious curse or spells like it say...detonation or crushing shock?
    Edited by Tintinabula on April 28, 2015 9:12PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    as far as I know..as far as I can see. that glow animation (which i assume is evade) last for roughly 4 seconds(after dodge rolling). So its 100% evade for projectiles only I'm guessing? Ive looked for a tooltpip on dodge roll and it benefits but haven't found one. I thought it was 40%.

Are you talking about dodge roll or something else?

Dodge roll is 100% evade against *everything* that doesn't hit through dodge roll. It doesn't last 4 seconds and there is no animation other than you rolling around on the ground that I'm aware of. Melee heavy attacks, light attacks, many staff heavy attacks, bow heavy/ light attacks, pretty much all instant cast direct damage abilities other than Jesus Beam and Flame whip and concealed weapon are dodgeable.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was better to let me think my evade chance lasted for 4 secs..that's not any better..so..I'm supposed to be happy with 1 sec 100% evades that I cant cast or do damage while its active when sorcs have 13k damage mitigation shields???nu uh.

How long does hardened ward last if you're not being hit?
    Edited by Tintinabula on April 28, 2015 9:28PM
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he's talking about nimble from CS... It glows after you dodge roll.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it was better to let me think my evade chance lasted for 4 secs..that's not any better..so..I'm supposed to be happy with 1 sec 100% evades that I cant cast or do damage while its active when sorcs have 13k damage mitigation shields???nu uh.

How long does hardened ward last if you're not being hit?

20 seconds. If it didn't a nightblade with a bow would just have to wait a few seconds for the shield to expire and then line up his snipe and 1 shot me.

You can animation cancel abilities with dodge roll. I kill people with that all the time. Most of the stamina meta is build around animation cancelling damage abilities with dodge roll.
    Edited by Ezareth on April 28, 2015 9:34PM
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

P.s. I can say with fair confidence Ive been hit with stuff after roll dodging. i know you cant roll dodge comet and i'm guessing you cant evade velocious curse or spells like it say...detonation or crushing shock?

You can't evade Dots like VC or Detonation, you can evade crushing shock however (as it is a projectile).

Current short list that I can think of:
    Meteor
    Velocious Curse
    Flame whip
    Mana detonation
    Entropy
    Resto and Lightning heavy attacks
    Concealed weapon
    Jesus Beam

I'm sure are a few more but few people have enough abilities that hit through dodge rolling to kill someone outright who is permarolling.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    Maybe he's talking about nimble from CS... It glows after you dodge roll.

not for sure. My spell and physical resistance jumps approx 1k..so could be it.
    Edited by Tintinabula on April 28, 2015 9:49PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its amazing how in patch 1.5...Everyone was Tab Targetting

But when patch 1.6 comes out, everyone stops Tab Targetting.

Clearly that's why Sorcs became so much better

/facepalm

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

We need to get you into a guild of good PvPers to train you or something.

No!

People who refuse to learn and adapt are the few easy kills left. Don't rob me of the occasional free AP. :'(
    Edited by Vis on April 28, 2015 10:04PM
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

seriously? you go 2 v 2 with pixy and sypher and tell me when you don't die. I read the meter. I know what hardened wards are mitigating in damage. There was nothing else that this sorc used. We killed the sorc finally..sure..but I wanted to see what in the world he was tanking with..no blocks..no harness magicka no whitstrakes...hardened ward..Ice comet..hardened ward Ice comet ticks after..hardened ward..invasion...hardened ward...caltrops...hardened ward..talons..hardened ward and finally before he died talons registered for damage. That was well over ten K dps from me (not counting the other three doing their damage.)

You died in the very beginning of that fight.

And if the Sorc really just used Hardened Ward, a single damage combo of a high hitting stamina build could finish him off. Involving well timed cc obviously.
    But even if you for whatever reason would not use your cc in a smart way, if these other players would hit with even remotely decent damage, the Sorc would be dead in seconds.

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Its amazing how in patch 1.5...Everyone was Tab Targetting

But when patch 1.6 comes out, everyone stops Tab Targetting.

Clearly that's why Sorcs became so much better

/facepalm

Actually it brough a good 50%+ increase in the number of PvPers (and forum posters) who didn't care enough about the game to pay a subscription for it, but now that it is free they are happy to clog up Cyrodiil providing equal parts of free Lag and AP, while cluttering the forums with their posts and complaints that we all experienced a year ago when the majority of us were still learning to play.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And if the Sorc really just used Hardened Ward, a single damage combo of a high hitting stamina build could finish him off. Involving well timed cc obviously.
    But even if you for whatever reason would not use your cc in a smart way, if these other players would hit with even remotely decent damage, the Sorc would be dead in seconds.

and I was rezzed and kept on fighting for a good 5 minutes..actually died the second time when pixy came in from nowhere and back stabbed me..you can do no better..your point? this in no way detracts from my statement that there are a handful I simply cannot kill. I dont know why you want to bring another thread into this thread about shields and mitigation unless you are purposely trying to derail the thread.
    Edited by Tintinabula on April 28, 2015 10:15PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and I was rezzed and kept on fighting for a good 5 minutes..actually died the second time when pixy came in from nowhere and back stabbed me..you can do no better..your point? this in no way detracts from my statement that there are a handful I simply cannot kill. I dont know why you want to bring another thread into this thread about shields and mitigation unless you are purposely trying to derail the thread.

I really have enough of this, done trying to stay nice :expressionless: .
    Here, that's why:

You basically said you are not a bad player actually, then went on crying about Hardened Ward.
    I linked a thread with a video, showing that you are indeed a pretty bad player actually.
    You actually tried to defend yourself saying it was a 2v2 against Sypher and Pixy, while in reality Sypher bursted you down quickly in the beginning of the fight, where you had quite some allies still and he was alone.
    It's in no way a bad thing if you're not a good player, there are a lot of reasons why one wouldn't be and not everyone can be on or near top. Just don't pretend otherwise.

And yes, I certainly could do a lot better. There is no player who would be able to kill me 1v2+ , sorry.

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here, that's why:

You basically said you are not a bad player actually, then went on crying about Hardened Ward.
    I linked a thread with a video, showing that you are indeed a pretty bad player actually.
    You actually tried to defend yourself saying it was a 2v2 against Sypher and Pixy, while in reality Sypher bursted you down quickly in the beginning of the fight, where you had quite some allies still and he was alone.
    It's in no way a bad thing if you're not a good player, there are a lot of reasons why one wouldn't be and not everyone can be on or near top. Just don't pretend otherwise.

And yes, I certainly could do a lot better. There is no player who would be able to kill me 1v2+ , sorry.

sorry, ignoring you. You're so full of yourself and you have nothing to add to this discussion except insults. I kill plenty. Tyvm. You never have been nice.. so why stop now? Please link me these vids where you're owning Sypher plox.lol
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Here, that's why:

sorry, ignoring you. You're so full of yourself and you have nothing to add to this discussion except insults. I kill plenty. Tyvm. You never have been nice.. so why stop now? Please link me these vids where you're owning Sypher plox.lol

Alright, ignore me. I just hope you wouldn't say anymore you aren't "some NUB who cant break through shields" while complaining about someone tanking you with just one shield in the very same post.
    And sorry, I don't record anything. I didn't say I'd own Sypher either, I said there was not a player killing me in a 1v2+ . If I recall correctly from PTS, Sypher won 2 fights vs me, I won one, and one was draw.

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who's up for duels? :)

Edit: Elo you little troll go buy a cooler already, it's like 20$ I'm gonna post you one from Serbia you cheap bast*rd... :P
    Edited by LegendaryMage on April 28, 2015 10:50PM
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just going to add what everyone is thinking right now and what has already been said.
    Tintinabula, L2P.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So who's up for duels? :)

Edit: Elo you little troll go buy a cooler already, it's like 20$ I'm gonna post you one from Serbia you cheap b*st*rd... :P

***, I have one on the way, but they say it takes 3 damn weeks. I would go myself and get it if that was possible -.- .

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so @Ezareth you say you cant cast while hardened ward is up..so..you basically just have to take the damage..can you BE?

P.S. and what damage does hardened ward not mitigate?
    Edited by Tintinabula on April 28, 2015 11:01PM
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    This thread has gotten fairly far off the rails, and there's a lot of rude behavior, so we are locking this.

It's fine to criticize or disagree, but it's important that the discussion be kept civil and constructive. Additionally, please remember to be respectful of the forum rules.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.