The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Shield Strength based off of Stamina.

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    yes.."stand there and tank". Many sorcs (especially you @Teargrants with your 5k+ mag regen) can stand there and tank damage..How much does YOUR hardened ward absorb?

So..while I'm dodging and rolling here and there and casting defensive shields and buffs and wings and rolling here and there..with your hardened ward you can literally stand there and target who you please. and fire and fire and fire...or...you can bolt away to never never land..or..you can leave little bolt blobs to absorb ultimates while I am still dodging and rolling here and there and casting defensive shields and buffs and wings and rolling here and there..

This kind of ignorance on display is exactly why I can't take these forums seriously any more.

The worst part is I think he seriously believes what he says....

Don't insult me. Ive seen it done. I watched a Sorc tank 4 people yesterday JUST STANDING THERE. My damage meter ALONE said that in the course of 5 secs he absorbed well over 10k damage from ME with nothing else BUT hardened ward (not even counting the other three people bashing on him ;) )..so yea...try again.

This sounds like a L2P situation.

Personally, admitting I could not dps a sorc down with four people would be the ultimate insult to my skill and game knowledge. The only one insulting you is your own descriptions of your play.

Another insult. Nowhere did I say that I "couldnt" dps that sorc down. It's prolly best if you stop assuming things. The sorc died assuredly. ;)

Sounds like you need to get your story straight.

Ancile wrote: »
    My main is a stamina DK and I would never ask for a stamina based shield. I feel guilty as it is having my heals and dodge build. May I suggest @Tintinabula reach out to her fellow DKs for instruction on how to play her class?

Please don't show her how. I have a hard enough time with the number of good DKs out there as it is.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a stamina DK and I would never ask for a stamina based shield. I feel guilty as it is having my heals and dodge build. May I suggest @Tintinabula reach out to her fellow DKs for instruction on how to play her class?

Talk down to people much? You could have posted your thoughts without your "suggestion". I'm so glad you're happy with your playstyle! Please don't assume that it is what everyone else wants or..that if they want something else some how they need "help"..K?..K.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes.."stand there and tank". Many sorcs (especially you @Teargrants with your 5k+ mag regen) can stand there and tank damage..How much does YOUR hardened ward absorb?

So..while I'm dodging and rolling here and there and casting defensive shields and buffs and wings and rolling here and there..with your hardened ward you can literally stand there and target who you please. and fire and fire and fire...or...you can bolt away to never never land..or..you can leave little bolt blobs to absorb ultimates while I am still dodging and rolling here and there and casting defensive shields and buffs and wings and rolling here and there..

This kind of ignorance on display is exactly why I can't take these forums seriously any more.

Don't insult me. Ive seen it done. I watched a Sorc tank 4 people yesterday JUST STANDING THERE. My damage meter ALONE said that in the course of 5 secs he absorbed well over 10k damage from ME with nothing else BUT hardened ward (not even counting the other three people bashing on him ;) )..so yea...try again.

Personally, admitting I could not dps a sorc down with four people would be the ultimate insult to my skill and game knowledge. The only one insulting you is your own descriptions of your play.

Another insult. Nowhere did I say that I "couldnt" dps that sorc down. It's prolly best if you stop assuming things. The sorc died assuredly. ;)

Please don't show her how. I have a hard enough time with the number of good DKs out there as it is.

lol, If I remember correctly it was a sorc who told me to l2p when I pointed out double explosions with pets.Oh thats right..it was you Vis. ;)
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk down to people much? You could have posted your thoughts without your "suggestion". I'm so glad you're happy with your playstyle! Please don't assume that it is what everyone else wants or..that if they want something else some how they need "help"..K?..K.

So you start this thread asking for advice and help, then reject anyone willing to help you and give you hints on what your class is capable of?

Your credibility isn't going far, is it?
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol, If I remember correctly it was a sorc who told me to l2p when I pointed out double explosions with pets.Oh thats right..it was you Vis. ;)

And I was the FIRST one to go out and collect video evidence of the bug, post that video on several forums, and lead the charge to get it fixed.

You see the difference in our credibility?
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you start this thread asking for advice and help, then reject anyone willing to help you and give you hints on what your class is capable of?

No, I started this thread to point out a disparity. I have done that.

And I was the FIRST one to go out and collect video evidence of the bug, post that video on several forums, and lead the charge to get it fixed.

lol ..yes ok whatever you say Vis.(while you defended it all the way and insulted me in my thread which showed the damage ((that happened to be from you))

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol ..yes ok whatever you say Vis.(while you defended it all the way and insulted me in my thread which showed the damage ((that happened to be from you))

I think you're taking all of this a little too personally. Go out and have fun.

FREE ADVICE: Next time bring us video and not anecdotes. Anecdotes will get you nowhere.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you're taking all of this a little too personally. Go out and have fun.

FREE ADVICE: Next time bring us video and not anecdotes. Anecdotes will get you nowhere.

yes, Thankyou for your time. Please move along and try to derail another thread. I have little patience for people who depend on catch phrases such as L2P and others who make themselves feel big by calling people ignorant.

Back on topic please.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im not here to be personally attacked. I asked questions which still noone has answered. I never assume to know everything about a class that I haven't played since beta. I know from my end I asked my BF who has a sorc about Hardened ward. He told me that shield strength was based of magika.

Then I asked if there was a shield strength based off stamina..which there doesn't seem to be one. Unless you want to roll dodge like a monkey every 4 seconds. Again..how long does hardened ward stay up? I'm not crying. I'm stating a fact. As a DK who is stamina based I have to not only cast two skills every 5 seconds or so..I also have to dodge roll every 4 seconds and wear armor that gives a shield at 30% health to even come close to hardened wards mitigation..while it seems that all a sorc must do is cast hardened ward. Am I wrong?

I'm not interested in personal attacks.
    Darnathian wrote: »
    glak wrote: »
    Ward morph to stamina would give stam sorcs the ability to go all in on stamina.

IMO this is why all shields should be scaled off health. You shouldnt entice people to dump everything into one stat and get rewarded. That will only limit diversity more. Please bring back PVP 1.5. This is becoming a joke to play.

Yes. You can have my stuff.

idk whats worse though.

the unkillable high DPS LA tanks

or this:(
    Edited by Cody on April 28, 2015 3:23AM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth I'm really tired of how you talk down to people on these forums. Very Patronizing. No, I don't need to message a DK. Yes, I kill people fine. There's a handful I do not. I am not some NUB who cant break through shields. When a Sorc can tank 4 ppl with one shield and I as a stamina user have to do a song and dance every 4 secs there's a glaring disparity. Sorry you don't see it. Happy some do.

Because you guys come to these forums spreading exaggerations and flat out BS as if they were reality and there is no one or nothing to stop you. I've been putting up with it ever since Tamriel Unlimited and FTP unlocked the floodgates and released exactly what I was trying to avoid by signing up for a Subscription game.

My shield in Cyrodiil right now is 11K. If that shield is tanking 4 people there *is* a glaring disparity. Those 4 people need to uninstall the game and play something else, or even better try to actually learn to improve their understanding of the game and their character instead because my freaking Level 20 Nightblade is critting for 11K right now.

Now I can understand how Sorcs are a big mystery for many of you so you see things and hear things and believe most of what you hear. Playing a sorc is another matter. I encourage you to roll a Sorc, you'll understand not just that they aren't this "Easy-mode" class that you envision, but you'll also learn many of their weaknesses that you never understood by watching from the other side.

If you notice I'm actually quite cordial with people who aren't just throwing any old number they find out there and spreading it as gospel. I help people who ask for help all the time, but when you guys come here and try to spread misinformation about my class that I know are not true or are only half truths I'm going to come down hard on you. That's just how I am.

There's a handful of people I don't kill just fine too and most of them aren't sorcs. I give these players the respect they deserve and I don't go running to the forums trying to get their class or builds nerfed because I'm having trouble killing them. If I have particular difficulty against a player I find out what they're doing so I can counter it, or I'll flat out ask them what they're doing.

Edited by Ezareth on April 28, 2015 12:28PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth I'm really tired of how you talk down to people on these forums. Very Patronizing. No, I don't need to message a DK. Yes, I kill people fine. There's a handful I do not. I am not some NUB who cant break through shields. When a Sorc can tank 4 ppl with one shield and I as a stamina user have to do a song and dance every 4 secs there's a glaring disparity. Sorry you don't see it. Happy some do.

Because you guys come to these forums spreading exaggerations and flat out BS as if they were reality and there is no one or nothing to stop you. I've been putting up with it ever since Tamriel Unlimited and FTP unlocked the floodgates and released exactly what I was trying to avoid by signing up for a Subscription game.

Exactly why I encourage her to bring video next time. I don't believe what she claims happened actually happened. And if it did, I want to see what a collection of four awful players look like.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Ancile
    Ancile
    ✭✭✭

Wheres the stamina one? If sorcs can go glass cannon all magika and have a shield that in effect makes them a tank , why cant stam users have the same thing?

You asked the question, I told you there is an answer.

Play however you like, but don't make all us DKs look bad when you come here sobbing uncontrollably when "your way" fails horribad.
    DK FOR LIFE
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    corx3 wrote: »
    While I love the idea of a stamina based shield, that would make stam builds way, way too good. I have 24k HP, 26k stam, and almost 2k stamina regen. I keep my build a secret except for friends and guildies for the most part, but it doesn't take rocket science to replicate it. (And imagine if I were a NB lol.) Having 24k HP, 10k+ shielding which cannot be crit, and stamina builds' efficient roll dodging would give stamina way, way too much defensive ability.

The only skill I use my magicka for at the moment is Igneous Shield and sometimes Fossilize anyways :p. I have no issues using magicka based shielding when I need it. At 24k HP it still gives me a 6k+ shield last I checked.

Finally a skilled player injecting some sense into this conversation.

ive seen this type of behaviour in every MMO ive played, and thats been every AAA since SWG.. the tyhard community (usually numbering the same 20-30 full time players on the forums.) if you disagree your a "terribad" or casual or scrub.. but if you agree with them you,re suddenly a "skilled player"
    they go looking for MEME's to post to try to belittle folk who disagree, or start calling them "son" as if by magic they know the age of the person who disagree's with them.

honestly my 10 year old son shows more maturity and respect than them on the internet. If he didn't i'd stop him using it.

the arrogance is astounding.

you may well be a skilled player , ive no idea ive never played with you or against you, but what i will venture is that what you may or may not have as a gamer you may have got by sacrificing any sort of perspective in how to deal with people without sounding like an arrogant ****

Edited by hamon on April 28, 2015 1:39PM
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    hardened ward is a 8-12k shield depending on your setup.1-2 snipes or wrecking blows and it is down. It is not an I win button. It also does not give immunity to stun. You are focusing to much on the shield itself. I would trade hardened ward for dragonscales in a heartbeat. Far more useful imho.

I dont like playing with my sorc though. Gets tedious. I finally found a magicka built on my temp that I like. 9K blazing shield with infinite magicka, good heals and some fairly good dps. It's good in 1v1-2-3. But no more. 9K blazing shield? 1-2 hits and it is down. Same as hardened ward. Again: no cc immunity. Still need to block stun attacks.

And no. There is no true equivalent for hardened ward as a stam build. But there are other defenses. Such as roll dodge and block. If u get rally + vigor + block + scales and CP in block reduction. No mage can kill you in 1v1. Add to that block casting and well... Sorc QQ incoming. Hell I've seen many sorcs die from: invasion + talons + soul assault. *** hurts

But hardened ward is cheaper than 2 snipes correct? Plus that would be an unblocked snipe?

• Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the people claiming that sorcs are overpowered have a severe case of "L2P"
    I cannot count how often I will be solo roaming and have players "on" me. Why I quote this is because recently I have been playing more defensively to analyze why I seem to be "tanking" multiple people. What I discovered was actually quite funny.

You see, as experienced players, we are familiar with a thing called tab targeting, enabling us to lock onto our opponent and track their motions and keep on them.

I have been noticing more and more that as the number of streaks I perform through the crowd of people I am "tanking" increases, so does the number of missed light and heavy attacks on me increases. When I say this, I do not mean that I am dodging their attacks - I legitimately mean that they are in fact missing me - swinging their weapons and not hitting me because I am no longer where they were swinging, and they continue to swing and miss for a few seconds before re locking on to me.

I have noticed this especially with new players using 2H weapons, as they are quite bulky and their target acquisition is bad, so they flail around, not hitting anyone or anything. So that 11k damage shield I am rocking might as well be an infinite damage shield to that one person, because they are in effect doing absolutely no damage to it.

It is not exclusive to melee builds either, I have witnessed people with bows and staves missing me as well, just light attacking at nothing, or where I previously was - and keep in mind that while they are missing their light attacks they are also unable to use abilities on me because they do not have me targeted.

So this "tanking" that is going on actually is not tanking at all, but simple target evasion and general bad performance by the enemy. There is a reason sorcerers go down very quickly when being focused, and that is because they are legitimately taking damage rather than just not being targeted.

And I have seen higher ranked players swinging or shooting at nothing while trying to target myself as well, though I will throw no names out there. This is just another factor that goes into the entire L2P issue of it all, and just an interesting thing I would like to bring up and point out to everyone.

I know that my partner @DisgracefulMind has seen this general "potato-ness" as well, because we both play together with very similar play styles, and have both observed this with the people that we kill.

When we say it is an L2P issue, it is not actually out of spite or disregard of a person. It is literally because they need to learn to play.

EDIT: I also encourage my fellow sorcerers to pay attention to this phenomenon, as it occurs quite often. And also players trying to kill sorcerers at well, I encourage you to pay attention to your fellow alliance members, notice how they will quite literally miss their attacks.
    Edited by Germtrocity on April 28, 2015 1:58PM
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like the only people that I ever see complain about sorcs are stam DKs. I'm a magicka DK, and I never have problems killing sorcs because a ton of them are not skilled enough to keep their abilities up such as hardened ward. I melt sorcs as soon as their shield goes down and I have 1096 spell damage with 22.5k Magicka. It isnt as hard as you make it out to be to take them down.
    And the skilled ones I just put a lot of pressure on, then they go down.

Also, before I forget;
    #FreePanda2015
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summarizing this thread:

Greedy_DK.jpg
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only way most sorcs are able to survive is our wards, stam builds role, dks tank, temps heal.

just please, play the game, and realize that they 'oneshot' you are searching for only happens once in a blue moon
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the people claiming that sorcs are overpowered have a severe case of "L2P"
    I cannot count how often I will be solo roaming and have players "on" me. Why I quote this is because recently I have been playing more defensively to analyze why I seem to be "tanking" multiple people. What I discovered was actually quite funny.

You see, as experienced players, we are familiar with a thing called tab targeting, enabling us to lock onto our opponent and track their motions and keep on them.

I have been noticing more and more that as the number of streaks I perform through the crowd of people I am "tanking" increases, so does the number of missed light and heavy attacks on me increases. When I say this, I do not mean that I am dodging their attacks - I legitimately mean that they are in fact missing me - swinging their weapons and not hitting me because I am no longer where they were swinging, and they continue to swing and miss for a few seconds before re locking on to me.

I have noticed this especially with new players using 2H weapons, as they are quite bulky and their target acquisition is bad, so they flail around, not hitting anyone or anything. So that 11k damage shield I am rocking might as well be an infinite damage shield to that one person, because they are in effect doing absolutely no damage to it.

It is not exclusive to melee builds either, I have witnessed people with bows and staves missing me as well, just light attacking at nothing, or where I previously was - and keep in mind that while they are missing their light attacks they are also unable to use abilities on me because they do not have me targeted.

So this "tanking" that is going on actually is not tanking at all, but simple target evasion and general bad performance by the enemy. There is a reason sorcerers go down very quickly when being focused, and that is because they are legitimately taking damage rather than just not being targeted.

And I have seen higher ranked players swinging or shooting at nothing while trying to target myself as well, though I will throw no names out there. This is just another factor that goes into the entire L2P issue of it all, and just an interesting thing I would like to bring up and point out to everyone.

I know that my partner @DisgracefulMind has seen this general "potato-ness" as well, because we both play together with very similar play styles, and have both observed this with the people that we kill.

When we say it is an L2P issue, it is not actually out of spite or disregard of a person. It is literally because they need to learn to play.

EDIT: I also encourage my fellow sorcerers to pay attention to this phenomenon, as it occurs quite often. And also players trying to kill sorcerers at well, I encourage you to pay attention to your fellow alliance members, notice how they will quite literally miss their attacks.

^ Agree x1000000000
    The amount of people that don't know how to tab target is hilarious. I'll be sitting there blocking and the people think that light and heavy attacking will do something through my heavy armor and block.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    iseko wrote: »
    hardened ward is a 8-12k shield depending on your setup.1-2 snipes or wrecking blows and it is down. It is not an I win button. It also does not give immunity to stun. You are focusing to much on the shield itself. I would trade hardened ward for dragonscales in a heartbeat. Far more useful imho.

I dont like playing with my sorc though. Gets tedious. I finally found a magicka built on my temp that I like. 9K blazing shield with infinite magicka, good heals and some fairly good dps. It's good in 1v1-2-3. But no more. 9K blazing shield? 1-2 hits and it is down. Same as hardened ward. Again: no cc immunity. Still need to block stun attacks.

And no. There is no true equivalent for hardened ward as a stam build. But there are other defenses. Such as roll dodge and block. If u get rally + vigor + block + scales and CP in block reduction. No mage can kill you in 1v1. Add to that block casting and well... Sorc QQ incoming. Hell I've seen many sorcs die from: invasion + talons + soul assault. *** hurts

But hardened ward is cheaper than 2 snipes correct? Plus that would be an unblocked snipe?

You have to cast the ward which is one animation. You can cast through block... And Ive seen my 11k ward go down with 1 snipe

• corx3
    corx3
    ✭✭✭
    hamon wrote: »
    While I love the idea of a stamina based shield, that would make stam builds way, way too good. I have 24k HP, 26k stam, and almost 2k stamina regen. I keep my build a secret except for friends and guildies for the most part, but it doesn't take rocket science to replicate it. (And imagine if I were a NB lol.) Having 24k HP, 10k+ shielding which cannot be crit, and stamina builds' efficient roll dodging would give stamina way, way too much defensive ability.

The only skill I use my magicka for at the moment is Igneous Shield and sometimes Fossilize anyways :p. I have no issues using magicka based shielding when I need it. At 24k HP it still gives me a 6k+ shield last I checked.

ive seen this type of behaviour in every MMO ive played, and thats been every AAA since SWG.. the tyhard community (usually numbering the same 20-30 full time players on the forums.) if you disagree your a "terribad" or casual or scrub.. but if you agree with them you,re suddenly a "skilled player"
    they go looking for MEME's to post to try to belittle folk who disagree, or start calling them "son" as if by magic they know the age of the person who disagree's with them.

honestly my 10 year old son shows more maturity and respect than them on the internet. If he didn't i'd stop him using it.

you may well be a skilled player , ive no idea ive never played with you or against you, but what i will venture is that what you may or may not have as a gamer you may have got by sacrificing any sort of perspective in how to deal with people without sounding like an arrogant ****

tumblr_inline_nmkqg3HSGq1s1agyx_500.gif

:(
    Edited by corx3 on April 28, 2015 3:18PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would also attribute this phenomenon to the fact that more experienced players (and, let's admit it, more skilled) are also very fast-paced. So we have quicker reactions to know how to adapt when something isn't working. We're not going to see a player's ward staying at full health and not question it; we'll realize we're doing something wrong and then adjust. Many players I come across don't seem to be able to admit that they're, in fact, just doing something wrong or something that just doesn't work.

It surprises me all the time when @Germtrocity and I will be in the middle of a massive group of players, and neither of us is going down, and it's really because no one is bothering to tab-target one of us, so they get confused, their attacks miss, they can't keep up with how fast-paced we're both playing, etc. I have the unfortunate inability to tab-target very quickly (my finger just doesn't reach the tab key in time as it's too short), but that generally doesn't hurt my performance as I have learned to adapt to having to adjust my playstyle; however, I recommend tab-targetting extremely to those that have that quick option available to them, I promise you'll hit those annoying Sorcs whom you consider gods (you know, since you can't seem to land a solid attack on us otherwise), and maybe take one down. Anytime one of us gets tab-targetted, you can tell because we'll go down eventually. :)

You can't just clicky-clicky and expect another player, especially a dangerous one, to die just because you clicked a button. You do need to put some skill into your clicks. ^__^
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on April 28, 2015 3:22PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • corx3
    corx3
    ✭✭✭
    How many kills do I need for chopper killstreak again?
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    How many kills do I need for chopper killstreak again?
    I stopped when I got 420 on mine because I started playing ESO, scattergun had about 8k after I reset it. :tongue:
    Edited by DoctorSwampy on April 28, 2015 3:33PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

First of all, as a Sorc, I do not just "stand there and tank." Most Sorcs play very fast-paced, as we have to as a very flimsy and mobile class. If I just "stand there and tank" then I will most definitely die.

Second of all, you're a stamina build, and most Sorcs are magicka builds. Those are two completely different playstyles. Stamina builds have the ability to roll dodge and mitigate damage that way, I, as a magicka build Sorcerer, have the option to have a shield up that will help me mitigate damage since I don't have the option to roll dodge. Stamina builds don't need to have the best of both worlds, just like we magicka builds don't get the best either.

Third, are you seriously a Dragonknight complaining about BoL right now absorbing Meteor? While I have my own personal opinions about BoL, and I don't and won't ever use it, you have your Scales, which can reflect AND, let's emphasize that, AAAAAND cause the caster's own ultimate to damage themselves lol. How are you actually complaining right now!?

Fourth, if you honestly think only stamina builds have to spend time casting their defenses, you are very, very, very wrong. I flip through bars so extremely fast because I always, ALWAYS need to recast my wards. That's right! Light armor offers basically nothing in terms of armor, so to maintain my efficiency with magicka, I have to actually cast defense mechanisms aka my shield!!!!! And you as a stamina build should have no problem whatsoever knocking off my hardened ward, as it's barely hitting 11k. And please, save me the typical stamina build claim that their attacks don't do more than 11k, as I've been smacked around with two-handed and bow attacks that do 14k+.

If you don't like roll dodging, I'm sorry, go play a magicka build then, because one of the benefits to stamina builds is that they can roll dodge for a long time. I can get in like...3 with my sorcerer. Keep that in mind. Just because Sorcerers have a magicka based shield doesn't mean we can stand in one spot casting and casting. If you're letting a Sorc do that...I really don't know what to tell you besides three characters that *** most people on this forum off, when we're only telling you the truth.
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on April 28, 2015 3:52PM
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hamon wrote: »

Tryhard must be your goto insult for everyone, including people who use Tri-pots. I know plenty of people who are skilled (I've actually played them) who disagree with me vehemently sometimes and I don't call them terribads or scrubs. The person I quoted is one such person, we've had many disagreements in the past and yet I respect his skills and he's usually pretty on point with what he says.

Arrogance and condescension are tools that when used properly achieve desired results. Your options for rational debate with irrational people on the internet is limited so when reason fails, trolling prevails.

I never close the doors to rational debate, but I have limited patience for people who have to exaggerate or make up bogus scenarios to prove a point.

Edited by Ezareth on April 28, 2015 6:54PM
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really quite sure I can find all of ya'lls videos and posts that start out with "Im the bestest ever dk/ sorc" But back on topic.

If dodge roll is your only argument against a stamina based shield how hard would it be to make dodge roll give evade for one sec ( as in reality it should not be 4) whenever the stamina based shield is slotted? Seems like an even trade to me.
    Edited by Tintinabula on April 28, 2015 8:22PM
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Brilliant. Let's give stam builds a hardened ward equivelant on top of their ability to dodge roll ad infinum.

WTB stam bolt escape morph too. Thy can call it Frog Leap.

I thought so too!! ;)
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really quite sure I can find all of ya'lls videos and posts that start out with "Im the bestest ever dk/ sorc" But back on topic.

If dodge roll is your only argument against a stamina based shield how hard would it be to make dodge roll give immunity for one sec ( as in reality it should not 4) whenever the stamina based shield is slotted? Seems like an even trade to me.

You'll never find me anywhere saying I'm the best. Far from it. I know I'm something above average and given the time I've put into this game if I were not I'd have to be a mouth-breathing idiot.

That said, I'm not quite certain what you're asking. What is 4 seconds? You're asking for dodge roll to make a player immune to everything for one second? That would be pretty absurdly OP given the state of the resource game right now. In fact any form of absolute damage immunity would be far too powerful right now. Every active defense has a counter. Damage shields have burst and GCD limitations. Block still takes some damage and has some abilities that surpass it. Dodge roll has many abilities that can still hit it. There are counters to everything right now and the defenses on their face are comparable.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all I see is that dodge roll gives me a chance percentage of evade.. Not a 100% mitigation like Hardened ward.So we are to be content with our percentage chance while rolling around like organ grinder monkeys every 4 seconds while hardened ward guarantees you 10 k + mitigation(I happen to know average sorcs who have well over 13 k in hardened ward).
    Edited by Tintinabula on April 28, 2015 8:10PM
This discussion has been closed.