Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A request from a mediocre NB(:D)

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I think it would benefit the PVP community if a VR1-VR10 only campaign was made. the extra non-vet campaign could have fulfilled this purpose, but instead it was made into a second non-vet that was utterly pointless and not needed.

I recommend that the campaign be brought back, but changed to allow only VR1s-Vr10s. this way, players could enter PvP without having to grind out to max level and be required to get the best gear in the game just to compete.

some will call me lazy, or entitled. My request stems from neither. My request stems from the fact that I want to be able to enjoy PvP after blackwater blade without having to spend 3 months grinding away in PvE. I do not expect to take on the VR10s as a VR1, but I and others will have a much better chance at competing without having to do a mind numbing trek thru PvE just to have a legit shot at PvP, which has turned into "VR14 very or good at the game only"

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and adjust the duration and all that
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    why wont it let me edit my post..... bah, yall get the point
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know there videos of lvl 40s wrecking vr14s.. I could use vr1 version of the sets i have and really not have that much of an impact.

By the way to edit your first post you have to do it from the main forums page. Next to the title of your thread.
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it a try and see how it goes. PVP could use much more zos involvement.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    krim wrote: »
    You know there videos of lvl 40s wrecking vr14s.. I could use vr1 version of the sets i have and really not have that much of an impact.

By the way to edit your first post you have to do it from the main forums page. Next to the title of your thread.

i never said low level players could not kill max level/ high level vets. i did this back when Vr10 was the highest levels. I even recall killing two VR6s while I was level 40 single handedly using a stamina build back in hopesfire when they were both using magicka builds.

it does not, in my opinion, excuse the fact. PvP would, in my opinion, be better off if it had some kind of campaign for VR1-Vr10s only. I do not see how it could harm the PvP in anyway to include a campaign like this.

And you have to remember krim, not every one is good enough to the point they can kill a Vr14 at level 40. I am talking about the majority here, not the minority that can take on 3 people at once with one hand tied behind their backs:)

or did you agree with me? bah, my reading comprehension sucks sometimes. if you did then well....... good:)
    Edited by Cody on April 27, 2015 10:41PM
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

i never said low level players could not kill max level/ high level vets. i did this back when Vr10 was the highest levels. I even recall killing two VR6s while I was level 40 single handedly using a stamina build back in hopesfire when they were both using magicka builds.

it does not, in my opinion, excuse the fact. PvP would, in my opinion, be better off if it had some kind of campaign for VR1-Vr10s only. I do not see how it could harm the PvP in anyway to include a campaign like this.

And you have to remember krim, not every one is good enough to the point they can kill a Vr14 at level 40. I am talking about the majority here, not the minority that can take on 3 people at once with one hand tied behind their backs:)

or did you agree with me? bah, my reading comprehension sucks sometimes. if you did then well....... good:)

I wasnt necessarily agreeing or disagreeing. I was trying to be insightful on telling you how to edit your post though.. I dont know if you got that
  • saintmurray
    saintmurray
    ✭✭✭
    I think v1-9 would be ideal as at v10 you are able to purchase the pvp set gear :)
    Saintmurray-V14-Bamplar-EP Former Emp Haderus
    Hans Incognito-V1 DK-EP
    #Betatester
    #Ipaidbeforeitwascool
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I wasnt necessarily agreeing or disagreeing. I was trying to be insightful on telling you how to edit your post though.. I dont know if you got that

oh yeah I got that. I am too lazy to do it now though.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree could be another avenue for ZOS to spread the player base out and help with the lag problem, I know I have a blast with my level 28 DK on the non-vet server, to me the non vet server is the best pvp in the game atm. I think a vr 1-9 would be a blast also.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, with leveling now taking forever, a Vet 1-10 campaign would be great.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that a V1-V10 campaign is necessary, @Cody. You argue that max level (V14) is necessary to be competitive. This is a weak argument. With battle leveling, the difference in gear becomes negligible, and the deciding factor becomes skill. The first time I hopped into Cyrodiil with my little NB, he was L35, wearing green L26 crafted set armors. A V1 NB tried to gank me, and I ended up defeating him/her. A thorough understanding of game mechanics, gear, and a well-timed execute made it possible.

As for my main, I come across V14's every day that crumble under my healer's insane deeps (9/12 of my ability slots are filled with support/buff abilities). On the other hand, I come across lower level Veteran characters that trounce all over me. My point is, crafted gear is perfectly adequate until you reach V14, and there are many cheap and readily available sets for mid to low vet toons. I don't think putting v1 - v10 toons in their own carebear campaign will be helpful for either the community or the players themselves.

However, I do see a point in the future where campaigns segregated by CP total will be necessary. Since the release of 1.6 a little over 2 months ago, some people are pushing the 300 CP mark. That's over 100 Cp/month. In other words, when IC is released (some say in August), some players will already have over 700 CP - that's almost enough to unlock the 120 point passives in 6 different constellations. On the other hand, some newer players will still be struggling to get v14, and their 70th CP.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    C0pp3rhead wrote: »
    I don't know that a V1-V10 campaign is necessary, @Cody. You argue that max level (V14) is necessary to be competitive. This is a weak argument. With battle leveling, the difference in gear becomes negligible, and the deciding factor becomes skill. The first time I hopped into Cyrodiil with my little NB, he was L35, wearing green L26 crafted set armors. A V1 NB tried to gank me, and I ended up defeating him/her. A thorough understanding of game mechanics, gear, and a well-timed execute made it possible.

As for my main, I come across V14's every day that crumble under my healer's insane deeps (9/12 of my ability slots are filled with support/buff abilities). On the other hand, I come across lower level Veteran characters that trounce all over me. My point is, crafted gear is perfectly adequate until you reach V14, and there are many cheap and readily available sets for mid to low vet toons. I don't think putting v1 - v10 toons in their own carebear campaign will be helpful for either the community or the players themselves.

However, I do see a point in the future where campaigns segregated by CP total will be necessary. Since the release of 1.6 a little over 2 months ago, some people are pushing the 300 CP mark. That's over 100 Cp/month. In other words, when IC is released (some say in August), some players will already have over 700 CP - that's almost enough to unlock the 120 point passives in 6 different constellations. On the other hand, some newer players will still be struggling to get v14, and their 70th CP.

I agree that battle leveling evens the odds, however, at v1 you are no longer buffed up like you were prior to v1. That's why he is saying v1-v10, to make up for lack of attribute points, and skill points. I think it's a good idea, however i feel there are currently too many campaigns as is, I know on the weekends almost every campaign has at least 2 locked factions, however the rest of the week it's usually just one or two campaigns with at least two factions pop locked.
    Edited by DezIsDead on April 28, 2015 7:33AM
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started pvp for real when I was vr3. I stomped most vr10s and then v14s that I met on my path, it wasnt as big of an issue then, might be now dunno, since ppl have better gear then they did 1 year ago.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Battle leveling above level 49 actually is significantly worse than having it off. You dont have YOUR stats, which are by this point in time BETTER than battle leveling AND you lose the 28k hp from battle leveling when you hit vr1.
    I've roflstomped vr14s on my lvl 27 dragon knight back when thornblade was a thing. Now as a vr1 im just not effective (granted im a DK tank build and can avoid dying really well) as i was with battle leveling from 10-49. This character can still be effective in team play but i wont be as effective solo or for doing a lot of damage.

If battle leveling actually worked and/or was beneficial after level 49 this entire thread wouldnt exist. Yet here it is.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I say VR1-VR10 because once one hits VR1, battle leveling is forced off, and that huge "gap closer" battle leveling provides is removed, and your VR1 character ends up WORSE off than say a battle leveled 26

you use a time where you killed a VR1 with a level 26. I am talking about low level players fighting VR14s, which make up most of the community at this point. a VR1 is actually WEAKER than a battle leveled 26, so that example is invalid.

you could give all the examples in the world of lower VR characters killing you, but it would not matter. I DID NOT say that a lower vet could not kill a higher vet. I NEVER said that, I said the game would be more fun for lower vets if they had a VR1-VR10 only campaign.That it would give lower VRs a chance, overall, to be more competitive, but I never said they could not kill a VR14.

CPs may be an issue in the future. Im sure ZOS will fix that when thet time comes
    Edited by Cody on April 28, 2015 11:31AM
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only result of this would be the V11-14 bitching they aren't getting any ap. Suck it up OP-the only way to get better is to learn from being in the V campaign and fighting with and against those who are more experienced than you.
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jauriel wrote: »
    The only result of this would be the V11-14 bitching they aren't getting any ap. Suck it up OP-the only way to get better is to learn from being in the V campaign and fighting with and against those who are more experienced than you.

Cause PvP is really about farming AP, thats right how could i have forgotten. Rage about zergs, then get upset with people learning how to pvp rather then just joining some zerg to farm AP.

everyone complains about lag, yet when there is a solid idea spreading the player base out a bit to reduce lag people freak out.
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind this if they got rid of both Thorn and Azura.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zhoyzu wrote: »

Cause PvP is really about farming AP, thats right how could i have forgotten. Rage about zergs, then get upset with people learning how to pvp rather then just joining some zerg to farm AP.

everyone complains about lag, yet when there is a solid idea spreading the player base out a bit to reduce lag people freak out.

You're preaching to the choir. Anyone who knows me knows I don't focus AP. I make just enough to get by-to buy siege weapons. I am a bigger picture type girl and focus objectives and map strat-just what I get enjoyment doing. I was merely commenting on how the classic ap farming solos, squads and guilds would cry. However, the way to get better is to learn from the better players and you probs won't get that if you segregate them all from the more experienced players.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've got a better solution... Battlegrounds for everyone! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

... (there was no emoji for 'hopeful naivety')

But, really, yeah, a VR1-10 campaign could be kind of fun, even though it probably won't happen.
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭

I say VR1-VR10 because once one hits VR1, battle leveling is forced off, and that huge "gap closer" battle leveling provides is removed, and your VR1 character ends up WORSE off than say a battle leveled 26

you use a time where you killed a VR1 with a level 26. I am talking about low level players fighting VR14s, which make up most of the community at this point. a VR1 is actually WEAKER than a battle leveled 26, so that example is invalid.

you could give all the examples in the world of lower VR characters killing you, but it would not matter. I DID NOT say that a lower vet could not kill a higher vet. I NEVER said that, I said the game would be more fun for lower vets if they had a VR1-VR10 only campaign.That it would give lower VRs a chance, overall, to be more competitive, but I never said they could not kill a VR14.

CPs may be an issue in the future. Im sure ZOS will fix that when thet time comes

Sooooo....... You're saying segregate VR10's from VR14's but let the VR10's play with the VR1's????????????? I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense. Why not make a separate PvP instance for every single level from Lvl1-VR14! Would THAT make you happy?

Just take the time to level your toon and L2PvP. Maybe less time in the forums coming up with ridiculous ideas and more time practicing PvP and grinding your character level would help you out.

I'm done hearing all the complaining about PvP being too hard. If you cant handle the big leagues then go PvE please.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could get on board with a VR1-VR10 Campaign but I don't think the PvP Population could support all of the segregation without a ton of serious downtime during the off hours.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except that so much of Cyrodiil is zerging or ganking. I am not endorsing or dismissing the OP's suggestion, but, if you have little experience in PvP being killed in a second or second and a half by 2-3 hits from someone in stealth, or getting run over by 60 enemies swarming through your position, doesn't contribute much to a learning curve. Especially with the emphasis on burst damage and a shorter average TTK post-1.6. So when that newer PvPer does get a one and one with a more experienced player, they typically get destroyed and wait a while for another such chance to practice.

If a fight is organized through a dueling club or guild, then sure, they can fight over and over, get rezzed, and learn. Otherwise it's safer just to run in larger groups and spam whatever is on your bar. The end result is that some players who were curious about PvP give up on ever going back to Cyrodiil. There are sometimes good places and times with open field battles where you can focus on one or two opponents without getting swarmed and with some allies nearby to have your back, which many newer/less regular PvPers like, but I see this available more often on Blackwater Blade than anywhere else.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

iv been playing since beta. ive likely played longer than YOU. Iv likely played in vet campaigns longer than YOU. I was around for hopesfire, wabbajack, and half of haderus, and the 1st two i did at low VR levels/ pre vets

I have made this not from a " i am having a hard time fighting vets "standpoint. I have already explained this,

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 28, 2015 10:30PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »

Sooooo....... You're saying segregate VR10's from VR14's but let the VR10's play with the VR1's????????????? I'm sorry but this makes absolutely no sense. Why not make a separate PvP instance for every single level from Lvl1-VR14! Would THAT make you happy?

Just take the time to level your toon and L2PvP. Maybe less time in the forums coming up with ridiculous ideas and more time practicing PvP and grinding your character level would help you out.

I'm done hearing all the complaining about PvP being too hard. If you cant handle the big leagues then go PvE please.

I have a VR14
    i have PvPed since beta, for 9 months out of the 12 with that VR14

I kill most of the people I fight in PvP. I even win 2v1s every now and then. I do not need to L2P. Heck i could maybe even kill YOU, depending on your build.

I am NOT making this from the: i cant PvP" standpoint. I am tired of being told "L2P" by people simply because I recommend a change to help low level peeps out.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 28, 2015 10:33PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    plz leave the L2P nonsense at the door people. that is not constructive nor does it even apply to this situation. I do not need to be told to learn to play, I CAN PLAY. In fact I have played longer than 90% of this games community.

If you cannot understand my point, then do not comment.

yall done got me worked up now.....:/

Edited by Cody on April 28, 2015 9:12PM
  • ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hello folks.
    We have had to edit or remove a few comments in this thread. We do not allow for flaming or baiting, and we would like to point out that we appreciate feedback from all of our players, and we ask that others do not dissuade community members from sharing their feedback. For further details on the type of behavior we expect on our forums, please refer to our Community Code of Conduct and our Community Vision thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so i can be insulted and told to l2P, but i cant fight back?

alright, noted.
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    Hello folks.
    We have had to edit or remove a few comments in this thread. We do not allow for flaming or baiting, and we would like to point out that we appreciate feedback from all of our players, and we ask that others do not dissuade community members from sharing their feedback. For further details on the type of behavior we expect on our forums, please refer to our Community Code of Conduct and our Community Vision thread. Thank you for your understanding.

If your going to take the time to edit the post, why can't we take 10 seconds to say hey great idea... or population to low to support. Also nerf everything.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello folks.

If your going to take the time to edit the post, why can't we take 10 seconds to say hey great idea... or population to low to support. Also nerf everything.

Its a moderator I think. I dont think that guy is actually part of developing the game.