The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Infinite loading screen

• KellieHusker
    KellieHusker
    ✭✭
    Since the latest patch, I keep getting infinite loading screen issues, I've tired all sorts of weird things such as uninstalling and reinstalling adobe flash, lowering settings to minimum on a PC with 16GB of ram top end i7 and a 780 GTX. None of it works, I cannot load into Tal'Deic Crypts so I cannot quest.
  • Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    It's constant at this point. Anytime I have to load to try to zone in anywhere, and I do mean anywhere, there's about a 50/50 chance (at least) that the game will catch in an infinite load. Doesn't matter what I'm doing either. Using a wayshrine, whether a paid warp or shrine-to-shrine, entering a mini dungeon, leaving a mini dungeon, entering or leaving an actual dungeon, doesn't matter. Anytime a loading screen comes up, I start watching the clock to see if it is ever going to load. At 10 minutes, I give up and log out. Usually, I will try to log back in and give it another shot, but if it happens a second time I bail and stay off for a while.

The game in this state is quickly approaching unplayable. I can't progress for more than a few minutes without this happening. It's frustrating, blocks progress, makes questing almost impossible, and ruins any chance for PvP. I won't even attempt to enter Cyrodil right now.

Zeni needs to find what is causing this and fix it immediately. This is the sort of bug that kills games. If it continues like this much longer, they're going to start losing subs.
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ran into this problem myself. Stuck inside a mini dungeon. I can't use the exit or way point out, keep getting stuck in the never ending loading screens.

Never had this issue before the last patch. Hope Zeni fix this ASAP.

• Odinz
    Odinz
    Getting this on near every load screen now, pointless playing this game atm
  • saki
    saki
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried:
    1. allow eso.exe in firewall
    2. close launcher when start game
    3. task manager, processes tab and set eso.exe priority to high

I havent got loading screen issues since done all above.
  • Drewls
    Drewls
    Can we atleast agree that having to do all that to play this game is ***? When people say this is regular for an mmo at launch, I always assume they are talking about mmos I haven't played but the ones they name I have and none of them were this bad
  • saki
    saki
    ✭✭✭
    Drewls wrote: »
    Can we atleast agree that having to do all that to play this game is ***? When people say this is regular for an mmo at launch, I always assume they are talking about mmos I haven't played but the ones they name I have and none of them were this bad

Yep, I agree, none that I played were this bad at launch also. We must also agree that we are paying extended beta time testing now ;) With so many buggs and flaws this game have now I simply cant considered it as a finished product.
    Edited by saki on April 20, 2014 4:55PM
  • Fungoid
    Fungoid
    Soul Shriven
    Both my girlfriend and I, are having this issue as well. One thing I noticed is, that when one of us hangs in a loading screen, that person also goes offline.

Not just in the group window, because that shows offline at random all the time, but the text comes up in the chat window that 'x has gone offline'. So it seem like the server drops the connection.
  • Idna_Twoblades
    I just started having this happen today. So far it's happened twice. I have to bring up my task manager to shut down the game and reload it. Seems to be fine once I do that.
  • Damien_Uvirith
    Experiencing the same issue and received some half-assed response from customer service about it. Been stuck in a dungeon for the last hour or so, before that using Wayshrines was about a 50-50 chance, and forget about being able to even get into Stonefalls.
  • Argurios
    Argurios
    ✭✭
    some day i be able to play for more than 2 minutes... srsly this is the worst lunch i have ever experienced... bought pre-order... didnt get it... bought imperial edition (because i wanted to play NOW) got normal version instead... create a character... cant use it anymore... creates a new character... that also bugs out...

half the monsters in game are invisible, grey screen of death every 10min, using my ultimate crashes the game, armor cant get repaired, cant ignore people, english chat not working (yes i checked it),... ect ect...

and worst part is your messages from support team just telling me you send the message to your ''high elves'' and i will hear from them shortly... never heard anything... stop trying to be fun after stealing my money...

WHERE DO I WRITE TO GET MY MONEY BACK? IM TIRED OF THIS CRAP GAME!!! (and dont you dare to tell me i cant get money back since you are not able to deliver any product at all)

i didnt pay 100$ x 2 to sit and look at a loading screen,... for 7 days!!!! no company in the world can get away with ''stealing'' THAT many money, from THAT many players...

Wildstar might look like crap, but i have heard its actually playable,.. give me my money back so i can support your competition instead, you guys dont deserve more chances...

To be honest mate, just sounds like your computer can't handle the game.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first, the lesson after... "

Argurios Ultor - Imperial Templar
    Caradoc Coldblade - Redguard Nightblade
    - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    roflcopter guys. "Solution":
    End the game and the launcher by taskmanager or whatever for Apple. Then restart; relog and try agin. Up to 2 x.
    /ps.: for real: Why bothering with this since you can give"it is your fault" statements. <- who found sarcasm can keep it.

/before i forget it: this bug is known since beta. Still no fix from hoster side.
    "It is possible that your account is going to be on an dead waiting line. Please restart the application to solve it" or so.
    Enjoy -_-
    Edited by Atreidus on April 21, 2014 1:46AM
  • Mordenkaiser
    Mordenkaiser
    ✭✭
    Also found this happening a LOT more.
    "Serve me in death, and let Sithis be your shepherd"
  • tw1jaysin
    tw1jaysin
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Seems to be happening more, and not just in Cyrodiil. Not to mention more "Failed to transfer" crap. Maybe it's population related. It's starting to wear on my patience.
  • shaky010
    shaky010
    Tbh im pretty annoyed that this is still a problem. I have spent the better part of 3 hours today to try to log into my character. NOTHING IS WORKING. This is beyond a joke.
  • l4m3r
    l4m3r
    ✭✭✭
    One Solution is to set settings to low and then to high and then choose what you want.
  • LeonitasExgb3
    Just curious if anybody else experiences the soundtrack cutting out randomly and having their comp lag considerably during these infinite loading screens as I do? I'm trying to tell if its my laptop or if I am indeed experiencing this bug as well..........
  • Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    Cant logg into the game at all now, stuck on loadingscreen as soon as i choose character
  • eskil.saatvedtb16_ESO
    I have the same problem. Whenever I try to enter Cyrodill and the instance is about full (this do not happen early in the morning when there is less people there). I get to an infinite laoding screen. If I kill the game and try to enter again, it will after the character selection, end with an infinite loading screen.

The Ram uses is stable, it stand on 890MB (Out of 16GB), not increasing. Using 4% cpu. So this is not the problem. Quad I7, 64Bit, Win 7 Prof, AMD Radeon HD 5800.
    Edited by eskil.saatvedtb16_ESO on April 24, 2014 9:05PM
  • undistortion
    This seemed to work for me, haven't done a lot of testing. If you go into your Program file folder where ESO is installed, in the Launcher folder there is an application file called launcher_helper. Run this, then run Bethesda.net_Launcher. Loaded instantly.
  • tobyz28
    tobyz28
    Today i've hung every single load on death in cyrodiil :T
  • venteranton
    venteranton
    Soul Shriven

That's all I get!
    resetting proxy.., starting as Administrator..., copying/moving/re-installing files..., nothing works. I have to spend a couple hours f***ing around before this somehow fixes itself. Now, that I can play, my spare time is over.
    I have resorted to staring eso.exe instead of Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe but if there is an update, then it all starts over again.
    FIX IT
  • cyajojo_ESO
    cyajojo_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is getting old.............I pay for this game and can't get in 20% time ever since you let the free player on, thanks

10% of the people are getting these endless load screens, boot while zoning, error <1>.
  • cyajojo_ESO
    cyajojo_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61626/please-read-first-known-technical-issues-pc#latest

Not sure why but your link does this

Permission Problem

You don't have permission to do that.

I have reinstalled to no avail after I tried all the other repair, and deletes to force repair.

This really only happened in high traffic times also and popular areas
  • glendale1
    glendale1
    ✭✭
    It was fine this morning, then a small update just now and can't get past infinite loading screen. I"m part of the welcome back weekend and so I was just convinced not to purchase the game...
  • Esteevius
    Esteevius
    ✭✭
    I was getting the infinite login screen after the patch today. I grudgingly changed my graphic settings to low, as suggested by the moderator in this threat, and it got me to the character screen. If I change my settings up at any point, my game tries to reload and never does. If I login with my settings at low, I get in the game for about 2 seconds, see people run around a little, and then the game freezes up and crashes. I did however see someone say "ROFL." Fun times.

- Esteevius
    "Wisdom Comes To Those That Are."
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    If you are running Nvidia cards... try repairing your .net installation and restart your system... so far no crashes
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    Repaired the .net installation after Nvidia upgrade and no more freezing and booting to the log in screen... still watching it
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    spoke too soon.... now getting rollbacks and right back to the same issues
  • phtony06b14_ESO
    phtony06b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    /signed

and I don't even use windows firewall so don't go there