The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Infinite loading screen

• Zee
    Zee
    Cyrodiil loading screens will be the death of me.
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • RAZORNZL
    RAZORNZL
    ✭✭
    i am having the same problem atm but if i wait about 15-20 mins it does let me back in however if i try to tele to a wayshrine to leave pvp i hit yet another non stop load screen but it will not let me pass this one no matter how long i wait
  • blasteron
    blasteron
    gam was fine this morning now i log back in to infinite loading screen had the same issue last week.
  • blasteron
    blasteron
    2 weekends in a row and not a peep out of customer support this will be the death of this game as if i cant play at weekends then no point in me playing at all may as well goto wildstar which id rather not do as i like this game
  • Resetnow
    Resetnow
    How can a normal company afford it?
    This company does not want money from us subscribers?
    Very weak start.
    Dat infinite loading screen pisses me off most in this game
  • Resetnow
    Resetnow
    ctr+alt+del...wat a joke from 20 century
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    blasteron wrote: »
    2 weekends in a row and not a peep out of customer support this will be the death of this game as if i cant play at weekends then no point in me playing at all may as well goto wildstar which id rather not do as i like this game

I like this game too and I'm willing to stay , but if I can't get into Cyrodiil within a few weeks then I might just hop on Wildstar .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • a.byedaeb17_ESO
    Still the same problem

Infinite loading screens in Cyrodiil for the whole day
  • KazinM
    KazinM
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

This could be an issue related to many dynamic graphic elements being loaded at once. We have a workaround which you can try that may get your character to load in faster. When you reach the character select screen, select Options on the left side of the screen. In Graphic Settings, select Minimum and save the settings.

While the game may look less than favorable, your character should load in after a few minutes. We appreciate your patience with this process as we work to improve the log-in architecture.

This solution is constantly being offered but it hasn't solved the issue for me once. And a lot of these solutions are just temporary fixes. One should never disable their firewall or anti-virus to get into a game.

I've:
    1)Lowered graphic settings to ugly minimum
    2)Rebooted my PC
    3)Forced a new IP address
    4)closed all background processes and programs
    5)disabled anti-virus
    6)disabled firewall
    7)Tried waiting up to 2 hours before attempting again

Nothing works. Last night I attempted to log in 50 times, each time getting stuck at the 'logging in' screen where it is 'requesting character load'. What does this even mean? Am I in a queue? I've put in 2 tickets. One came back with the same answers provided in this thread. The other one was answered with an obvious canned response.

Please find a solution to this. I would really like to play this game.

EXACT problem i have. Like what the hell I paid for something and I can't enjoy it!!!!!!!!.........................

• CowNRB
    CowNRB
    ✭✭✭
    lmao same bug a i had in skyrim
  • pat02468prerb18_ESO
    Let's face it. This game is unplayable. Have unsubscribed. Hopefully one day when it's more playable I'll resubscribe.
  • claudosan
    claudosan
    Infinite loading screen in Reaper's March when entering public dungeon. Now, I can't even get into the Character selection. Apparently, my guildsmates in Cyrodill are having the same problem. I'm sure fixing the server is a priority for you guys at this point - please give us updates or something.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    As indicated at the top of the forum, it seems they are aware.

I am still able to play, the loading screens take 5 minutes though
    Edited by Yankee on April 13, 2014 2:36AM
  • lionheart051
    Its not just cyrodill its any instance. Lowing settings doesn't work either, its a sever issue. Fix it please.
    Edited by lionheart051 on April 13, 2014 3:43AM
  • Nymea1963
    Nymea1963
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

This could be an issue related to many dynamic graphic elements being loaded at once. We have a workaround which you can try that may get your character to load in faster. When you reach the character select screen, select Options on the left side of the screen. In Graphic Settings, select Minimum and save the settings.

While the game may look less than favorable, your character should load in after a few minutes. We appreciate your patience with this process as we work to improve the log-in architecture.
    well that worked but looking at my pc specsI should not have to try it
  • saki
    saki
    ✭✭✭
    They will never fix it because they knew about this problems since first beta. When its not fixed upon launch hardly it will be ever fixed.
  • terenth
    terenth
    Soul Shriven
    Let's face it. This game is unplayable. Have unsubscribed. Hopefully one day when it's more playable I'll resubscribe.

This is the point I've almost reached, enraged by the level and multitude of bugs I am ready to freaking hang in the towel. I expected and granted this game leniency with having bugs as I know and understand MMOs are hard to make work properly with 100's of thousands of people and varying setups but COME ON. Lost/blocked progress, you may claim you're fixing it and will replace my bank items etc etc but what you cannot fix is the amount of frustration, time wasted, and likely my USD wasted.
  • bladering
    bladering
    disable addon or delete .lua files in user/documents/elder scrolls online/liveeu/savedvariables
  • cjtignub17_ESO
    cjtignub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The issue isn't a capped population on cyrodiil. Cyrodiil is empty right now and i'm still having these issues, no pops are capped
  • Azealion
    Azealion
    Any news?
  • vududemanub17_ESO
    Very curious if the patch today will address this issue, the infinite load screen to Cyrodiil was still happening last night.
  • craanza
    craanza
    im stuck in load screen !!!!!!!! raging ;/
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The graphics trick fixes the issue every other try. And for some reason, when i'm inside cyrodil, i can put the graphics back to very high and it loads in 10 sec. Having to switch the graphics settings is a pain though and i hope they make this issue their top priority
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• craanza
    craanza
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOqRVTXbq2M

do this it actually fixed it lol...
  • Tallspiritmonkey
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61626/please-read-first-known-technical-issues-pc#latest

try every one of these options

and

Firstly, if you would, attach these 4 files:
    1.host.developer log file
    2.Launcher.Settings file (located in the \Zenimax Online\Launcher directory)
    3.A screenshot of your \Zenimax Online folder or a listing of any subfolders in your \Zenimax Online folder
    4.A screenshot of a right click + properties of the The Elder Scrolls Online or The Elder Scrolls Online EU folder to determine the size of the data you currently have.

You can also help us by providing answers to these four questions:
    1.1. Which environment were you patching when this happened? NA, EU, PTS?
    2.2. What region are you actually in geographically?
    3.3. What environment(s) are now showing in your patcher? NA, EU, PTS
    4.4. Is this a brand new install or is it being patched up from a previous version?
    Again, you can simply reply in this thread. Thank you again for your patience as we try to resolve this issue.

post it and attach the files

• Agusta
    Agusta
    Soul Shriven
    The firewall rule add that craanza posted worked for me. Don't know why, I have been in Cyrodiil before with no issues but after making the firewall rule change I got right in.
  • Huntmen
    Huntmen
    I tried the firewall fix and it worked..... for the first attempt and then I quit the game later. now I try to log on and what do you know? its infinite loading screen time! this is problem 752 that ive had with this game. and all of these problems occur before im actually playing the game. I cant believe they would release a game like this that obviously hasn't be tested enough to work out MAJOR bugs. World of warcraft, SWTOR, DDO, ect.... the list of mmo's I've played on this computer and not one of them had anywhere near as many problems as this one. Im sorry ESO but if these problems don't "magically" go away soon, you will lose me as a costumer.
  • Evildeadgirl
    I have the infinite load screens as well when leaving or entering dungeons. I've tried all of the fixes above, no firewall, antivirus, not background, not even the patcher, etc. The only fix I've seen that works is to shut down the ESO process and force the game to close. I can then log back into the game and continue on, unless I'm stuck in the dungeon and have to reload again.

As for Cyridil I logged a similar complaint during the beta that users should be redirected to an outside location of Cyridil if the instance is full. That way they can play their characters and enjoy the game. Not just play the load screen...
  • tryia3b14a_ESO
    tryia3b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, as of the last patch, I'm now getting the infinite loading screens too. Happens to me whenever I try to change zones, like in or out of a dungeon, or to a different leveling area, not just Cyrodiil.

It's very frustrating and honestly just makes me log off and just go play a different game if I get it twice in a row.
  • Drewls
    Drewls
    I've had this problem since launch, nothing has worked; however, I tried the minimum graphics thing and it doubles the chances of logging in to about 60%! Now I have a greater chance at playing this game! So glad I pay for this.... Oh and this is for zoning in too, haven't been able to do any dungeons, I bet they're fun