The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Infinite loading screen

Maeldun
Maeldun
I had been playing fine, leveled to 11 and logged out in Cyrodiil for dinner. Come back and now loading screen lasts forever. I have let it run for at least 30 mins. I have also tried Alt + F4 and loading different chars. Nothing works.

I cannot play the game.

Edit: I had been suffering this issue for about 1.5 hours, made a post here, and now immediately I have loaded in. Will keep this post updated as to if this issue returns.
Edited by Maeldun on March 31, 2014 11:38AM
  • tw1jaysin
    tw1jaysin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently having the same issue. Tried a lower pop campaign and I'm still stuck.
  • MasterShadow
    MasterShadow
    Soul Shriven
    I'm in the same situation. Can't log in with any characters at the moment.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Greetings folks,

There are a few things you can try which may help with the loading screens in game. You should try to shut down every application running in the background. This can be done be opening the task manager by hitting ALT+CTRL+DEL at the same time, then going to the applications tab to end any other programs that are running. If after a long time you are still loading, we recommend restarting the computer and trying again.

Please be aware that high traffic entering the servers can also contribute to longer then normal character loading screens.

Let us know if this helps in any way.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Maeldun
    Maeldun
    Well to tell you the truth, no I'm sorry this doesn't help in any way. My computer is a beast and normally my load times are about 4-10 seconds. This is definitely a server/lag/bug issue.

I haven't had an episode as bad as the one I originally described, but it tends to happen after a crash. Now it only happens for a couple login attempts, and then I can get back in again.
  • Fjordstorm
    Trying to enter Cyrodiil for the first time and cannot get through the loading screen. I am really supposed to let this sit here for 15+ minutes?
  • Daniel.carloub17_ESO
    Same thing is happening to me. Force quit 3 times and its right back into the infinite load screen. Can anyone help!?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Hey everyone,

This could be an issue related to many dynamic graphic elements being loaded at once. We have a workaround which you can try that may get your character to load in faster. When you reach the character select screen, select Options on the left side of the screen. In Graphic Settings, select Minimum and save the settings.

While the game may look less than favorable, your character should load in after a few minutes. We appreciate your patience with this process as we work to improve the log-in architecture.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Zahrim
    Zahrim
    Soul Shriven
    Related to this "problem", I logged out last night in Cyrodiil and now have been looking at the loading screen for Cyrodiil for over 5 minutes. I'll try your workaround, but will this eventually load or will it hang in limbo?
  • Promstar
    Promstar
    Be lucky to even get to the character screen to change the settings.
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

This could be an issue related to many dynamic graphic elements being loaded at once. We have a workaround which you can try that may get your character to load in faster. When you reach the character select screen, select Options on the left side of the screen. In Graphic Settings, select Minimum and save the settings.

While the game may look less than favorable, your character should load in after a few minutes. We appreciate your patience with this process as we work to improve the log-in architecture.

• Barile
    Barile
    I'm having the same problem and have only heard of this happening with Cyrodiil and it seems to happen a lot because numerous guildmates have had the same problem.

The problem isn't client side. It's the design flaw of Cyrodiil hard Population caps. If the area we log out in is full then if we try to log in it logs us into that instance. If that instance is full then it refuses to let us in. In theory this works well if people are trying to cheat the population caps in Cyrodiil but for those of us that didn't want to run/die to get to one of the main keeps it's a problem.

If the population is maxxed the system needs to redirect us to where we zoned into Cyrodiil at or a wayshrine in that zone.
    Edited by Barile on April 6, 2014 2:30AM
  • hubologistab16_ESO
    Same here, trying to get in to Cyrodill and im stuck on endless load screen
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barile wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem and have only heard of this happening with Cyrodiil and it seems to happen a lot because numerous guildmates have had the same problem.

The problem isn't client side. It's the design flaw of Cyrodiil hard Population caps. If the area we log out in is full then if we try to log in it logs us into that instance. If that instance is full then it refuses to let us in. In theory this works well if people are trying to cheat the population caps in Cyrodiil but for those of us that didn't want to run/die to get to one of the main keeps it's a problem.

If the population is maxxed the system needs to redirect us to where we zoned into Cyrodiil at or a wayshrine in that zone.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM!!!! Everyone knows it please for the love of mara fix this... because any of my chars can load unless they are in Cryodiil
  • InfernoRaven
    InfernoRaven
    ✭✭
    If you are stuck at trying to get to the character creation screen, listen up Uninstall Adobe Flash Player from the Add and Remove Programs menu, then restart your computer after you log back into your computer open up IE and go to adobe.com and download the Flash Player. The flash player plugin that comes with chrome and sometimes Firefox is not the full flash player installation it appears that the cutscene/cinematic intro before you get to character screen is flash based and your Chrome/Firefox plugin isn't cutting it. As a result it never loads. This should fix some of the stuck screens, as for those who are stuck moving between zones, I can't help you unfortunately.
  • prokonsul
    prokonsul
    Same problem here, trying to get in to Cyrodill and im stuck on endless load screen
  • Rynea
    Rynea
    Soul Shriven
    Hey everyone,

Do us a favor and hand this over to someone who has an idea of what they are talking please and don't give us anymore of the usual blabla.. to waste our time.

We can login some characters while we cannot login others. So go and fix your database, for either the chars or the place/instance, fix the pop limits so that people get logged in I don't care and let us know once you fixed it.

The whole change your settings stuff, when clearly other characters are totally fine is highly annoying because it just plain shows that you either have no idea what you are talking about, or you just want to delay this issue and drag it out to have more time to do other stuff.

I don't care that you are busy, I don't care that you don't have the ressources right now. We are paying for a game, not a login screen and currently you cannot offer it properly. While this is in no means me being upset at you as a person, I am currently very upset at your company. So go to your manager, or to whoever executive has the power to decide this and either get it fixed soon, or get the necessary ressources for fixing it .. soon.

Thanks.
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its weird but changing my graphics settings fixed this issues for me.

Edited by Wycks on April 8, 2014 2:57AM
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same thing is happening for me. Even if I die in pvp and teleport back to a keep I get stuck on the loading screen and have to quit. I tried the end programs/processes fixed, restarted computer etc, but it didn't work.

It finally loaded me in, but back in the pve area. However, I have spent most of the past hour, and earlier today 40 mins basically in the loading screen/restarting computer etc.

I have had other issues in the pvp zone as well, with ESO crashing multiple times, I rarely have any of these issues in pve.
  • Zxaxz
    Zxaxz
    ✭✭✭
    A few Background process, yea RIGHT thats my problem... My computer crushes this game in 5760x1080 in Ultra at ~70 FPS in sieges.

I can log into 2 of my toons, but the one left in Cry is in the infinite log in screen now for an hour or so.

Sabertooth Z87
    i7-4770 - 4.6
    16g Vengeance 1600 89821
    3 x OCZ vertex 3 128 (OS)(raid 0)
    3 x OCZ Vector 128 (games) (raid 0)
    2 x 1TB Corsair Black (storage) (Raid 1)
    Asus 780GTX Ti DUII
    Corsair 1200 PSU
    3 Asus 120hz 27"
    1 Asus 60hz 24" (Display Port / TV)
    Logitech G13, G930, G110
    Mad Catz MMO7
    Bose Companion 5
    HafX
    Coolermaster L280-Neptune AIO Watercooling
    Edited by Zxaxz on April 8, 2014 4:11AM
    Darkness is the natural state of the galaxy. A light will not shine forever; one day it will burn itself out. Darkness, however, is everlasting and never expires.
  • dawg00
    dawg00
    I thought for sure that this was something to do with servers being overloaded or something...but I tried the "Lowering gfx" fix, and I got in immediately. Thanks mod.
  • FishBreath
    FishBreath
    ✭✭
    I have this problem too, and my computer is a beast too. If lowering gfx works then this likely means that the game runs out of memory when loading Cyrodiil with good graphics settings. 64bit support please.
  • Briony
    Briony
    Lowering my graphics settings like suggested allowed me to log in as well. Took about 30 seconds. For all the doubters, give it a try!
  • michaeletringer_ESO
    well it loads for me in 30 secs like 60% of the time. maybe you just are getting lucky by doing so. having to drop graphic settings to low in order to play a broke game seems like some horrible joke. is there some permanent fix coming, or even an acknowledgement that this is in fact a bug?
  • michaeletringer_ESO
    also i never had this issue in the last 2 betas, and for the first week or so. probably after some patch/update it started, which would make this a bug? like %50 of the people i play with have this same issue
  • kitchenguy65_ESO
    kitchenguy65_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    WOOOO HOOOO! cant play any of my charactors because of this. this needs to be looked at ASAP!
  • dirt3pzb16_ESO
    some day i be able to play for more than 2 minutes... srsly this is the worst lunch i have ever experienced... bought pre-order... didnt get it... bought imperial edition (because i wanted to play NOW) got normal version instead... create a character... cant use it anymore... creates a new character... that also bugs out...

half the monsters in game are invisible, grey screen of death every 10min, using my ultimate crashes the game, armor cant get repaired, cant ignore people, english chat not working (yes i checked it),... ect ect...

and worst part is your messages from support team just telling me you send the message to your ''high elves'' and i will hear from them shortly... never heard anything... stop trying to be fun after stealing my money...

WHERE DO I WRITE TO GET MY MONEY BACK? IM TIRED OF THIS CRAP GAME!!! (and dont you dare to tell me i cant get money back since you are not able to deliver any product at all)

i didnt pay 100$ x 2 to sit and look at a loading screen,... for 7 days!!!! no company in the world can get away with ''stealing'' THAT many money, from THAT many players...

Wildstar might look like crap, but i have heard its actually playable,.. give me my money back so i can support your competition instead, you guys dont deserve more chances...

• Ludwig146
    Ludwig146
    I am unable to log into any of my chars since yesterday and my main character since about three. Tried to reset my rooter, nothing working.
  • iaintoff
    iaintoff
    ✭✭✭
    Hi please sort out my infinite loading screen at cryodil, as I don't enjoy spending my time reloading forever
    Edited by iaintoff on April 11, 2014 4:28PM
  • Mahalin1012
    Hey everyone,

This solution is constantly being offered but it hasn't solved the issue for me once. And a lot of these solutions are just temporary fixes. One should never disable their firewall or anti-virus to get into a game.

I've:
    1)Lowered graphic settings to ugly minimum
    2)Rebooted my PC
    3)Forced a new IP address
    4)closed all background processes and programs
    5)disabled anti-virus
    6)disabled firewall
    7)Tried waiting up to 2 hours before attempting again

Nothing works. Last night I attempted to log in 50 times, each time getting stuck at the 'logging in' screen where it is 'requesting character load'. What does this even mean? Am I in a queue? I've put in 2 tickets. One came back with the same answers provided in this thread. The other one was answered with an obvious canned response.

Please find a solution to this. I would really like to play this game.

• Ashul
    Ashul
    Same issue here, can't pass the loading screen for Cyrodill ...
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The ONLY thing this game has going for it is the awesome graphics so if the way to play the game is to turn down the graphics then....