The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

$25 for a mount is ridonkulous!!

• Videonauth
    Videonauth
    Soul Shriven
    I have no problem with the price of the spotted senche, but I DO have a problem with the limited time availability. That's complete and utter B.S. !
    I said this in another post and I was right. They are targeting the Impulse Spenders with sales tactics like these.

"Oh, buy now while they are available because they won't be next week! And we know we just released new pets last week so almost every one will need to purchase more crowns because they spent just enough to be short of the purchase price, so break out those credit cards like we know you will, you sheep..."

Agreed, and for someone who is living on a tight budget its also crap, not everyone getting his/her paycheck on the 15th. for me it means no mount for my Kahjit this time. My only hope will be they bring them again.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that some people are on a limited budget. I get it. I've been there in the past.

With that said, there are a lot of players who have the disposable income and wouldn't blink at spending $50 on a mount. ZOS shouldn't have a poverty mindset in offering something for a larger price if there are enough players with the disposable income to purchase. It may seem unfair to some that they can't afford it, or think it's too much, but it doesn't make other players more powerful or give them an edge and ultimately funds the game we all love.

Keep that in mind.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EJRose83 wrote: »
    $25 for a mount is ridonkulous!!

sUXnsOY.jpg

Way to crush my dreams of a Don Quixote RP!
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand that some people are on a limited budget. I get it. I've been there in the past.

With that said, there are a lot of players who have the disposable income and wouldn't blink at spending $50 on a mount. ZOS shouldn't have a poverty mindset in offering something for a larger price if there are enough players with the disposable income to purchase. It may seem unfair to some that they can't afford it, or think it's too much, but it doesn't make other players more powerful or give them an edge and ultimately funds the game we all love.

Keep that in mind.

Not spending $50 on mounts is a poverty mindset. eyeroll.smiley

I'm really amazed people spend so much money on such crap.

I don't find it unfair, I just find it ridiculous. The only thing I would drop $50 on is a new game or a very good expansion pack, regardless of my income situation.

If it funds the game, then hey, it funds the game. But wouldn't they have more success selling to more people for a cheaper price?
    Edited by golfer.dub17_ESO on April 14, 2015 2:31AM
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to decide whether to spend $25 on a mount

#firstworldproblems
  • Paulhewhewria
    Paulhewhewria
    ✭✭✭
    Yup at least warcraft has the balls to put their stupid prices up in money format to show you how much they are actually shafting you.

warforgedNightmare.jpg

So let me make sure I've got a good understanding as long as the game company tells you up front your getting screwed its ok?
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let me make sure I've got a good understanding as long as the game company tells you up front your getting screwed its ok?

7af46cb6904dd4d20d1cc80cd2ab3e5584e2492d3890015731678154db673f01.jpg

Good ol' reverse psychology!
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm of the mindset that if ZOS wants my money, then they have to earn it by releasing quality products for a fair price. $25 is what you charge for an expansion, not a simple mount.
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    $25.00 is actually pretty normal for an exclusive mount in an MMO.
    This is from the Neverwinter cash shop. Keep in mind that $1.00 US = 100 Zen.

Hmm.. having issues with the image. In any case, the mounts in NW are $40.00

So that's $40.00 for the Worg and Bear mounts. I'm not saying ZoS prices are fair for an imaginary make believe mount, but they are considerably cheaper than other cash shop MMOs.
    Edited by Alphashado on April 14, 2015 3:56AM
  • septvestige
    septvestige
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's more expensive because it has so much design or gameplay value. It's more expensive because it's rare it's a one time purchase. We all want to look like unique in game and we have lots of unspent crowns.
    If they start selling it again in a few months or next year it will loose interest and anything else they will come up this way in the future. We'll see.

I still wait for a thieves guild expansion instead or something like that. I'm not gonna spend crowns for noncombat pets or a color pattern on my mount, or consumables usefull for a few second or something I can buy for gold in game (and gold is plenty of in game).
    A really unique mount could be purchased only once and never again would be tempting but I don't think that's the case here. They will sell it agian in the future imo.
    You miss the lol button? It has been taken away for a reason. And the reason is how people used it for bash others who didn't share their opinion.
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    yeah that's crazy... if a mount cost 20-30 bucks then how much will new content cost...
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • HeWhoCaresNot
    HeWhoCaresNot
    ✭✭
    You should check out my pet rock collection. Been working on it for years.
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    It's fine in my opinion. I hope they add some $100 mounts. Someone buying them has no more power in the game than I and they help fund new development. Bring on the $2500 Stable Pack Galore!
    Oh, I hope not. For me $25 worth of crowns is still in the range of "if I like this enough I can justify buying it, but only if I really really like it" but $100 worth of crowns is way outside of that range, and into "I will never spend this much on a cosmetic item even if I absolutely love it" territory. I'm much happier with cosmetic items being in the first category rather than in the second. A high enough price to make me really take my time and decide if I want to buy it (too cheap and I run the risk of impulse buys, which will add up to more in the long run), while still being a low enough price that if I really really like it I can get it.

I'm in that exact range as well, so +1 to this, my exact thoughts.
    I like the senche leopard, but not enough to spend 25 dollars on it. I already had a striped senche not far ago and I'll just wait to increase my crowns pool to buy something in the near future, be it mounts, dlc or outfits : )

• Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    1. No one is FORCING YOU to buy it.
    2. It's LIMITED edition, so more like a collector's item ...that's always more expensive.
    3. If you can't stand people around you having it ...ask your mom for the money :wink: 3.
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your only screwed if you pay it :)
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seth_Black wrote: »
    2. It's LIMITED edition, so more like a collector's item ...that's always more expensive.

That's exactly the problem. It's in no way, shape and form a collector's item. It's not limited. It's not rare. It's a digital item, which means there is no storage costs, manufacture or shipping costs attached, and no scarcity either, because once you create it, you can sell it forever. They're making it artificially limited just because, which is despicable. They're hoarding an item that's essentially of unlimited supply, in order to make it seem "rare" and "limited" even though it is not.

I don't mind the price, I'm annoyed by unsavory business practice. Not illegal, not illegitimate, but unsavory nonetheless.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    How do people have the money for stuff like this?

work
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i wouldnt worry about dlc's. those will be priced so everyone can purchase, it wouldnt be a prohibitive cost.

Remember when they price something in the crown store they need to be
    a)something people are willing to spend on
    b)priced to both sell and eat up stockpiled crowns.

If the stockpile of crowns subs have doesnt go down then new purchases of crowns won't happen. I am fully expected a few more items like this before xp boosts drop in order just to drain the stockpile of crowns on peoples account. And when you look at it that way everything that just came out the prices make alot of sense. Trust me when I say this ZoS does not want you to spend stockpiled crowns on dlc's, they want you to burn through them buy more then purchase (same for xp pots).
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not see anything wrong with the prise of this mount. Those that really want it and have enough crown or money to buy it will do. For others...well, it's just a mount. No big deal. You just have to see what is more important for you, the pleasure of the mount, or saving your crown/money for something more valuable.

I prefer THAT system "The limited super-cool-mount-that-everyone-wants for a high price", than the motives they are selling now.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup at least warcraft has the balls to put their stupid prices up in money format to show you how much they are actually shafting you.

warforgedNightmare.jpg

Actually, yes. Using arbitrary points affects how we perceive the price. You see $15, you immediately know what it is. You see 1200 Bioware points and you have to calculate how much that is, but by then the initial impression is diminished. Only if you use these points often you gain an instinctual understanding of how much you're paying, but it still isn't as clear as seeing the price in a real currency.

Also, it's dishonest in that you have to purchase point/crown packs instead of paying directly for the item. Say you want the nightmare courses for 2500, you have to buy 3000 crowns. You're forced to pay more than the item's regular price. It's an awful system.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your only screwed if you pay it :)

This x100
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not see where is all this fuss about. Those of us who pay their sub as normal, those items are a nice bonus to get.
    Also the expansions going to be for free to the subscribers, so who cares a horse costs 25 or 250 or 2500 or 25000 crowns. We do not spend real money to buy those things either way, but the subscription to the game as normal, with the added BONUS of having currency to spend to the crown market.

For those who want to play on the cheap without subscription, they have to cough up realy money (if they can afford it) to buy such vanity items. After all thats how F2P/B2P model is working. But is them who "outright" dismiss to pay for a subscription. Huh. Hypocrisy......

You should be happy that ZoS hasn't implement on the non subs the restrictions similar to SWTOR. Like not been able to use something better than blue gear without sub, significantly reduced rewards, restriction on crafting skills (down to 1 from 3), no access to many areas of the game, until you either buy a sub or pay for those "certifications". And there regardless if you have a sub you have to buy the expansions.

At least in TESO the expansions are included with the subscription package and those of us who have the sub, dont have to pay for it extra (hehe).

So you either pay the sub as game service, and get full access everywhere and as bonus the currency for the crown market, or spend real money on digital items.

However ZoS was damned because of the subscriptions, but damned because of using B2P/F2P model? Huh.
    They are business and has to make money to keep the game running and develop new stuff. Not a charity.
  • Dragnelus
    Dragnelus
    ✭✭✭
    EJRose83 wrote: »
    I fully understand that ZOS is in this, in part, to make a profit. However, 2500 crowns for a leopard mount that a couple of guys spent a couple of days working on? How about you charge me 2500 for the Imperial City instead and make the mount something a little more reasonable, like 500 ($5). Honestly, that's like your local grocery store selling packages of ramen noodles for $5 a piece. Part of a product's worth is how much work and effort went into it's production and the leopard mount simply isn't worth $25, sorry.

f your smart you buy it for 12 euro. its still to much imo but its better then 25 euro.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem with the price of the spotted senche, but I DO have a problem with the limited time availability. That's complete and utter B.S. !
    I said this in another post and I was right. They are targeting the Impulse Spenders with sales tactics like these.

"Oh, buy now while they are available because they won't be next week! And we know we just released new pets last week so almost every one will need to purchase more crowns because they spent just enough to be short of the purchase price, so break out those credit cards like we know you will, you sheep..."

So the limited availability MIGHT have something to do with open beta weekend....just maybe
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats called a job / work :)

Anyway I will surely buy the mount as I'm a collector and I hope to get all the stuff which comes out for ESO. I missed out on other games when I took brakes and suchs, not going to let that happen in ESO.
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »

work

exactly ...35 min of my work pays for the mount :wink:
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • kgold0
    kgold0
    Seriously? All this time I've been stopping sprinting when the Stam runs out and clicking sprint when it comes back. Doh!
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the bright future of TESO:TU !
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Abbon
    Abbon
    Yeah im not gana buy over priced junk
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to say, I disagree with the price of this too. We can all see it's an attempt to get you to pay extra. So, ZoS is taking a page from a dying MMO's play book. That MMO is dying for a reason, players are getting tired of getting screwed by the almighty corporate machine in their desire to bleed the turnip. The fact that ZoS is making this a "Limited Time Only" item just proves this, so much more. And what about the people that pay the extra $25 and then they make it available again, next month? More unhappy customers. At this rate we are set to witness history being made. The fastest a company has ever killed a franchise after switching to console.