The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

$25 for a mount is ridonkulous!!

• Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they don't put any Buy to Win *** in the Crown store, then I'm fine with expensive mounts and whatnot.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EJRose83 wrote: »
    Part of a product's worth is how much work and effort went into it's production and the leopard mount simply isn't worth $25, sorry.
    Of course that's not how Capitalisim works, at all, the likes of Apple demonstrate that time and time and time again, a big part of the price is the brainwashing of the fanbois, something Jobs did very well.
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of a product's worth is how much work and effort went into it's production and the leopard mount simply isn't worth $25, sorry.
    Of course that's not how Capitalisim works, at all, the likes of Apple demonstrate that time and time and time again, a big part of the price is the brainwashing of the fanbois, something Jobs did very well.

@fromtesonline16_ESO What you're touching upon is demand. If people want this leopard mount bad enough, they'll pay $25 for it. This is obviously a trail of sorts though for ZOS to see how much they can reasonably charge us for items like this. Just don't pay the amount. If no one buys this thing, they'll eventually lower the price. We as the customer base dictate how much items go for ultimately, not the devs.
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even see the leopard in my crown store.
  • DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭
    If a mount is the best part of £15 , How much is a DLC pack going to be? :neutral:
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »

Its not out until the 16th
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent them in-game feedback not long after the crown store was added that I think the mounts are too expensive.

I got the white mane horse with some of my free crowns (and 900 crowns for a mount is I think ok) but told them I had decided against the guars and especially the nightmare horse when I realise what the prices amounted to in real money.

The same applies to the leopard. I'm very much a cat person and love the idea of my leopard khajiit riding a leopard-senche, but it's just not worth the amount they're asking for, so I'll stick to my horses.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@fromtesonline16_ESO What you're touching upon is demand. If people want this leopard mount bad enough, they'll pay $25 for it. This is obviously a trail of sorts though for ZOS to see how much they can reasonably charge us for items like this. Just don't pay the amount. If no one buys this thing, they'll eventually lower the price. We as the customer base dictate how much items go for ultimately, not the devs.

The "trial" of sorts for mount vs price has already been done. The cheesy nightmare is 2500, but that didn't stop me from seeing 3/5 of the people in Craglorn riding it day 1 of ESO:TU. The precedent is set - people will purchase (en masse) mounts for 2500, looks and rarity will also play a part, so you can bet you'll see a fair size of the population riding the leopard on 4/16.
  • Spryt
    Spryt
    ✭✭
    If a mount is the best part of £15 , How much is a DLC pack going to be? :neutral:

Bet DLC will be £25-30.

They still need to make money to run the game while they make new content and DLC. Rather they sell one optional mount at a high price that takes minimal time to make then spending loads of time on lots of cheap mounts.

Time is better spent on making new content then making lots of new cheap mounts for the store.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »

The "trial" of sorts for mount vs price has already been done. The cheesy nightmare is 2500, but that didn't stop me from seeing 3/5 of the people in Craglorn riding it day 1 of ESO:TU. The precedent is set - people will purchase (en masse) mounts for 2500, looks and rarity will also play a part, so you can bet you'll see a fair size of the population riding the leopard on 4/16.

It's hard to be sure but I suspect the fact that everyone got a lump sum of free crowns just before the nightmare horse (and other original crown store mounts) were added may have been a factor in that. Any price seems more reasonable when it's free to you.

But now this has been released at a point where many (most?) people have spent some or all of their free crowns, and those with a reoccurring subscription haven't gotten a new lot so far more people are now looking at how much real money they'd have to spend to get the crowns this thing costs. And that's when it suddenly becomes a lot less desirable.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is pretty expensive for my taste (which means I wont be buying it) however, I know there are people who will. Because as someone said, gaming is a hobby and hobbies cost money. I don't have a problem with ZOS making money. I do think they need to be careful though. Hate to see them drive customers away but I also don't think any amount of complaining is gonna change their minds about their prices. Many things have changed because of the outcry of the people, I just don't think this one (it IS about money) is a winning battle.

Definitely makes me wonder how much DLC is gonna cost us. If a silly thing like a mount is $25... we could be in for a big nasty surprise.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, if this is any indicator, the imperial city should cost upwards of $100 :tongue:
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, if this is any indicator, the imperial city should cost upwards of $100 :tongue:

LOL yeah right?! I'll tell you right now if DLC comes out and costs more than the damn game itself, I will be on here with pitchfork in hand! Then, your not just trying to make money, your trying to take advantage of your customers and man I really hate that.

Still 25 bucks for a mount is too much. Unfortunately I think we already set the tone for that though, we didn't seriously throw a fit about the fire horse and that was $25. I believe the majority of people that bought those, bought them with "free" crowns, so they probably weren't thinking about the actual dollar value, therefore no real outcry about it.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    It's hard to be sure but I suspect the fact that everyone got a lump sum of free crowns just before the nightmare horse (and other original crown store mounts) were added may have been a factor in that. Any price seems more reasonable when it's free to you.

But now this has been released at a point where many (most?) people have spent some or all of their free crowns, and those with a reoccurring subscription haven't gotten a new lot so far more people are now looking at how much real money they'd have to spend to get the crowns this thing costs. And that's when it suddenly becomes a lot less desirable.
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    That is pretty expensive for my taste (which means I wont be buying it) however, I know there are people who will. Because as someone said, gaming is a hobby and hobbies cost money. I don't have a problem with ZOS making money. I do think they need to be careful though. Hate to see them drive customers away but I also don't think any amount of complaining is gonna change their minds about their prices. Many things have changed because of the outcry of the people, I just don't think this one (it IS about money) is a winning battle.

Definitely makes me wonder how much DLC is gonna cost us. If a silly thing like a mount is $25... we could be in for a big nasty surprise.

I main issue with it is, the fact that it's a "Limited Time Only" item and it's only available for a few days. On top of that I think they waited until after the 1500 monthly crowns were given out, to announce this. I'm guess they wanted to the players to spend their crown and then they would be forced to buy more crown for this limited time only mount. I see this a shady and underhanded way of doing business. IMO.

• DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spryt wrote: »

Bet DLC will be £25-30.

They still need to make money to run the game while they make new content and DLC. Rather they sell one optional mount at a high price that takes minimal time to make then spending loads of time on lots of cheap mounts.

Time is better spent on making new content then making lots of new cheap mounts for the store.

When you compare the scale and work of a DLC to a tiny little senche leopard, Something dont add up :confused:
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »

Its not out until the 16th

Well at LEAST I can read good. ;-/ lol.
  • Spryt
    Spryt
    ✭✭
    Spryt wrote: »

Bet DLC will be £25-30.

When you compare the scale and work of a DLC to a tiny little senche leopard, Something dont add up :confused:

DLC they market and want to sell to the masses to keep people playing. So they need to price it so as many people as possible buy it. Even if time spent to create and publish it is less then they get in sales. If more people play the game bigger chance someone will buy some expensive mount in the shop.

Limited edition cosmetic mount is more for people that want to feel "special". If they sold it for £5 lots of people would get it and it looses it value. People no longer want it or dont bother buying it as "everyone will have one". So they end up not making as much money.

Giving high price to limited digital goods is not about manufacturing and storage costs it's more to create a fake sense of having something "special". Think this is how most games with cash shop and payed expansions operate. But will see maybe they will do something very special here and sell DLC for £100+
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    $25 is about the going rate it seems from games for unique skins etc.
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    Mind you, someone who could play ESO so far was able to afford a computer strong enough to run it. Such PC cost about the price of 100 of those mounts.

I bought a stripped guar mount with the crowns from my last subscription cause I like guars. I did not get the horses or felines because i prefer the guar I currently have (and I did not sub long enough for the tiger mount)

That my guar makes exactly the same thing as the other mounts couldn't be any less important. I like how mounts do not have advantages over one another other than looks, and even then that is a matter of tastes. Some wants to ride lions, some wants to ride dinosaurs.

How much are the ingame horses now though? Is the ingame value any close to the crown value of the cash shop mounts?
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will use some of my surplus sub crowns to buy it.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Livvy wrote: »
    Sightly off-topic, slightly on-topic...

I may have completely missed it somewhere, and if so I apologize. But what is the unique characteristic of the senche mounts? I know horses have unlimited sprinting, but what do the senche mounts have that is unique to them? And also the guar mounts for that matter?
    There isn't a unique characteristic. Before the senche and guar mounts came out (and before any of the mount changes for 1.6 were announced) ZOS said that unlimited sprinting was intended as a unique characteristic of horses, and that other types of mounts would have different unique characteristics. You remember it and I remember it. They've obviously changed their mind on that, though, as senche and guar have the same unique characteristic of being able to continue to sprint even when their stamina has run out. Which makes it not so much a unique characteristic after all...

I know they changed the way speed, stamina and carrying capacity for the horses worked because they didn't want players to feel locked into a specific mount. I would imagine that is the reason for their deciding to have all mounts share the same ability. That way I am not forced to ride a horse for the sprint ability when I really want to ride my Senche tiger.

Edit: Sorry for the back to back posting. I should've hit edit instead but then I did quotes and well it automatically gives you a new post so if I'd thought about it I would have copied and pasted into my original post but now it makes no sense to do so or I'll just end up with an empty post!
    Edited by Tabbycat on April 14, 2015 4:14PM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not buy it if it costs more than you want to part with.

There are cheaper mounts available which works perfectly for those who don't want to lay as much.

Glad to offer the solution for your problem.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paid closer to $100 for my mount...so $25 is cheap.

Consider transations like this one, and $25 won't seem so bad anymore.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 14, 2015 4:29PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Livvy wrote: »
    Sightly off-topic, slightly on-topic...

I may have completely missed it somewhere, and if so I apologize. But what is the unique characteristic of the senche mounts? I know horses have unlimited sprinting, but what do the senche mounts have that is unique to them? And also the guar mounts for that matter?
    There isn't a unique characteristic. Before the senche and guar mounts came out (and before any of the mount changes for 1.6 were announced) ZOS said that unlimited sprinting was intended as a unique characteristic of horses, and that other types of mounts would have different unique characteristics. You remember it and I remember it. They've obviously changed their mind on that, though, as senche and guar have the same unique characteristic of being able to continue to sprint even when their stamina has run out. Which makes it not so much a unique characteristic after all...

I know they changed the way speed, stamina and carrying capacity for the horses worked because they didn't want players to feel locked into a specific mount. I would imagine that is the reason for their deciding to have all mounts share the same ability. That way I am not forced to ride a horse for the sprint ability when I really want to ride my Senche tiger.

Edit: Sorry for the back to back posting. I should've hit edit instead but then I did quotes and well it automatically gives you a new post so if I'd thought about it I would have copied and pasted into my original post but now it makes no sense to do so or I'll just end up with an empty post!
    Yeah, when I first found out that they ended up with the same "unique characteristic" for all types of mounts I was pretty disappointed, but after taking some time to think about it, I ended up coming to the same conclusion as you. It's a little sad that a guar and a senche and a horse all behave exactly the same, but it's probably better for balance and avoiding any P2W issues with mounts.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Mission
    Mission
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a character artist and I've never understood why mounts cost nearly as much as half of the game purchase where there were a ton more assets and coding done to make it work. To me, even asking more that $2-3 is asking too much for one model..Now if you got like 10-15 mounts..then maybe its worth $25. Sure you have to pay the artists that work on them,,but the mass buying more than makes up for that.

More than that..I've never unstood the people willing to pay that price..it's because of people like that as to why they are priced the way they are..
    Edited by Mission on April 14, 2015 4:55PM
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mission wrote: »
    I'm a character artist and I've never understood why mounts cost nearly as much as half of the game purchase where there were a ton more assets and coding done to make it work. To me, even asking more that $2-3 is asking too much for one model..Now if you got like 10-15 mounts..then maybe its worth $25. Sure you have to pay the artists that work on them,,but the mass buying more than makes up for that.

More than that..I've never unstood the people willing to pay that price..it's because of people like that as to why they are priced the way they are..

I have no plans for buying this mount, but at the same time I have no qualms with throwing exorbitant amounts of money at games for cosmetics.
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    2500 crowns is fair price, if you don't like it, don't buy.
    if you want it cheaper, you'll have to wait special offer.
    meanwhile, use ANY FREE mount.
    if price would be much lower(at start) then there, possibly, would be many angry 'loyal' customers xD (<3 my senche).

Click & ride!
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    I spent like 50 bucks on dinner the other night. 25 dollars for a mount is not bad.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then don't buy it, simple has that.

I like my free tiger better anyhow
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Then don't buy it, simple has that.

I like my free tiger better anyhow

Exactly on both points. No one has to buy anything from the crown store if they don't like it or think it costs to much.

I to enjoy my free khajit mount. A well trained cat.