Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

$25 for a mount is ridonkulous!!

EJRose83
EJRose83
✭✭✭✭✭
I fully understand that ZOS is in this, in part, to make a profit. However, 2500 crowns for a leopard mount that a couple of guys spent a couple of days working on? How about you charge me 2500 for the Imperial City instead and make the mount something a little more reasonable, like 500 ($5). Honestly, that's like your local grocery store selling packages of ramen noodles for $5 a piece. Part of a product's worth is how much work and effort went into it's production and the leopard mount simply isn't worth $25, sorry.
Edited by EJRose83 on April 13, 2015 11:31PM
- Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
- Xbox One Console Transferer
- Gamer Tag: EJRose83
- Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice, then, would be to not buy it.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Circuitous Thanks, I wasn't sure what to do until you said something...
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you should play some f2p game.. some outfit cost over thousands of bulks.. also in wow someone bought the pair of twin blade for 330k ero..
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anything they've put in the crown store so far actually worth the money?
    The Moot Councillor
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yup at least warcraft has the balls to put their stupid prices up in money format to show you how much they are actually shafting you.

warforgedNightmare.jpg
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There were things worth my free crowns :p
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've lost count of how many great FULL GAMES I've purchased for $25. For a re-skin? Nope. Be glad it's optional. There may come a day when not riding a spotted feline into a PvP battle will just be toonicide...
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I assume they're starting to realize that most players that were awarded big amounts of Crown Points haven't been spending their points, but are instead waiting for real DLC content to spend their Crown Points on. This means there won't be a big revenue bump from the DLC, because the Crown Points being spent were given away for free. So they've decided to fix this by throwing out cheap items to drain the current pool of existing Crown Points, so that people will need to buy Crown Points to buy the DLC.
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from being slightly overpriced, I think the pets and mounts have been fairly reasonable so far, until today of course.
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Is anything they've put in the crown store so far actually worth the money?

I am waiting for them to add in some khajiit strippers for me to rent out. Until then, nothing so far.
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of went into this whole B2P thing with the idea of collecting all of the cool mounts and pets from the crown store over time. Screw that I guess. I can feel my nerd rage boiling over, much like it did when SWTOR starting using lottery boxes.... :tongue:
  • HungryHobo
    HungryHobo
    ✭✭✭
    Circuitous wrote: »
    My advice, then, would be to not buy it.

Pshhh-shaa..! Vocalizing your distaste works great, you get so many more things cheaper IRL if you complain enough! Also being an online service there is an additional plus; the veil of anonymity holds no negative social consequences in regards to your real person! No one can spit on your mount!
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im completely fine with pricy cosmetics. Adds to the rarity.
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    The only way this practice will stop is if people stop buying them, the fact that it is a common trend in most MMOs, tell us something..
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One month of ESO Plus membership will net you 1500 crowns for your $15. This leopard costs 2500 crowns. You can decide for yourself if it is overpriced.

I have not spent a single crown from my allotment for being a subscriber since launch. That won't be changing following today's release of new items.
    Edited by LonePirate on April 13, 2015 9:23PM
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume they're starting to realize that most players that were awarded big amounts of Crown Points haven't been spending their points, but are instead waiting for real DLC content to spend their Crown Points on. This means there won't be a big revenue bump from the DLC, because the Crown Points being spent were given away for free. So they've decided to fix this by throwing out cheap items to drain the current pool of existing Crown Points, so that people will need to buy Crown Points to buy the DLC.

This.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    There were things worth my free crowns :p
    This. :)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EJRose83 wrote: »
    Aside from being slightly overpriced, I think the pets and mounts have been fairly reasonable so far, until today of course.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but isn't the fire horse the same price? It seems anything "over the top" or "special" they seem to price quite higher than regular mounts/pets.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Argoniawind
    Argoniawind
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the horse armor pack in oblivion, and everything else for all the other games. The way I see it this is an Elder scrolls game and honestly I would buy whatever and price is not negotiable.. I guess if its not worth it to me I wouldn't buy it but I have not came across anything yet that doesn't interest me.. If they put a daedroth pet or summoning skill line I would pay top dollar cus that hasn't been available since Oblivion....
    Edited by Argoniawind on April 13, 2015 9:26PM
    "Live Another Life In Another World"
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is desperate for a mount, then I recommend one of the bundle packs, as you'll get a lot more than just a mount for your crowns.

As for the leopard, I'm find with my Striped Senche that I got for just being a subscriber.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am kind of scared now. Content is probabaly going to cost like 200 bucks a pop.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• asteldian
    asteldian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no issue with silly priced fluff. The idea is to make money from crap, if people have the spare cash they will spend it, for the rest, we wont and it has no negative impact on our game
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think people are equating crowns into dollars.
    I subscribe to ESO. I love the game and enjoy supporting the game.
    In return, I get FREE crowns every month, as well as buffs (xp, gold, skills).

I have to spend my crowns on SOMETHING. I have about 3000 crowns right now - I'm getting that mount.

If you are morally opposed to the idea of buying a mount in the shop, here's a suggestion:
    don't buy it.
    It's fine, you don't have to buy anything from there.
    I won't be a better player than you just because I have a mount.

Have a good day.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do people have the money for stuff like this?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all opinion, people will pay for what they like none of my business how people spend their money. If I see something in the store and I like it enough I will buy it, so far I have seen nothing in the store I want.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a cosmetic item, so who cares? If you consider it overpriced, then don't buy it. Because it is cosmetic some people will look at it and say "that looks cool enough to me that I'm willing to pay that price" while others won't. Frankly I think it's a good thing that the more common mounts (basic horses) cost significantly less than the more unusual ones (nightmare, senche, even guar). Making the more unusual mounts cost more without giving them extra abilities means that we'll continue to see more horses than we will mounts that are supposed to be less common according to the lore.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's all opinion, people will pay for what they like none of my business how people spend their money. If I see something in the store and I like it enough I will buy it, so far I have seen nothing in the store I want.

i mostly agree but at same time make it affordable would it be better to have it sold for 25$ once in a while or 20 sold in 30 mins for like 8$
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People spend way more than that on booze and smokes, without a care.

I bought the nightmare - and a guar - and will get the leopard too. Gaming is one of my hobbies, and most hobbies cost some money., somewhere. I'd rather buy a mount in a game for a few quid than spend 100s/1000s on eventual lung cancer.
    Edited by AlienSlof on April 13, 2015 9:55PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    People spend way more than that on booze and smokes, without a care.

I bought the nightmare - and a guar - and will get the leopard too. Gaming is one of my hobbies, and most hobbies cost some money., somewhere. I'd rather buy a mount in a game for a few quid than spend 100s/1000s on eventual lung cancer.
    I don't drink or smoke, I have nothing to give up to save money. :'(

Seriously though, you're right, gaming is generally a pretty cheap hobby now in the digital age, so why not buy a leopard every now and then. However, I could get Majora's Mask remake for the price of two leopards... I know what I'd rather buy. :)
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sightly off-topic, slightly on-topic...

I may have completely missed it somewhere, and if so I apologize. But what is the unique characteristic of the senche mounts? I know horses have unlimited sprinting, but what do the senche mounts have that is unique to them? And also the guar mounts for that matter?
    ->--Willow--<-