Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No XP for completing Dark Anchor Dolmens

• GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got completion XP from VR 5 Dolmens (The Rift) yesterday with a VR 5 char.
    Didn't get any completion XP from VR 1 Dolmens (Stonefalls) weeks ago, right after the release of Update 6, with the same char which was VR 1 back then.
    Edited by GaldorP on April 6, 2015 6:58PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure I get Xp when I complete Dolmens.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Is it because of the fancy light show, treasure chest and achievement if you face a named dolmen boss ?
    Not saying you are wrong just wondering if ZOS considered it different...like the random daedra incursions you get nothing for.

The fancy light show and chest come for completing any dolmen, regardless of whether you face a general.

OP, I'm pretty sure my characters still get XP for completing dolmens the first time, but I haven't been specifically watching for that in-game. Did you submit a ticket to see if it was intended?

No he is right. I did dolmens way back during the first few weeks of launch and got XP rewards upon first time completion. When I leveled my other two Vet Characters (about 10-12 months later), I did some dolmens and realized I did not get any completion XP, just XP from killing the mobs; reason I stopped doing any dolmens on them.
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this is NOT hotfixed, and Dolmens still give no XP for completion.

It appears that there may be a bug if ONE SPECIFIC dolmen gave XP for completion, but as a category, Dolmens give no XP for completion.

If you find one that does give completion XP, post which one, and which faction you are (in case it matters if you do it as 1-50 vs Silver vs Gold).

Which dolmen did you complete, but not receive any XP?

Something broke along the way. Completing dolmens the first time do not give any XP other than killing the mobs. I reported this issue 5 months ago; with an in game screen. Obviously nothing has changed, still broken.
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm this is NOT hotfixed, and Dolmens still give no XP for completion.

It appears that there may be a bug if ONE SPECIFIC dolmen gave XP for completion, but as a category, Dolmens give no XP for completion.

If you find one that does give completion XP, post which one, and which faction you are (in case it matters if you do it as 1-50 vs Silver vs Gold).

I probably got XP POI Compleate only once (unfortunately I can't recall which one) while compleating Cadwell Gold region dolmens for AD faction. I have addon which lists what kind XP I get and I can confirm that it happened only once during past week (last dolmen I finished was today just before the patch).
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to take him to the Rift and have a go at it since that is the only zone in my 5+/- range.

I also have a EP character in Cadwell Silver that has not recieved ANY completion XP for ANY dolmen in Glenumbra, Rivenspire or Grahtwood. That Character may be overleveled though.
    As stated above, your level in relation to the level of the mobs at the dolmen should not matter, as POI completion XP is not restricted by level. (Example - completing the Alcaire Castle Objective in Stormhaven grants 1253 XP to a DC char at Level 18, and also grants 1253 XP to a DC char at VR 14.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just double checked, and you are not currently able to receive XP for completing dolmens... but you should be. We're working on fixing this for a future incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did a Vr9 Dolmen in Eastmarch, Im vr10. No xp. Did a ton of Dolmens a few days ago for achievements from AD zones which is Cadwells Silver for me. Got no XP from any of them at all.

If it turns out Dolmens are supposed to give XP and are not. How are you going to rectify the fact that I've just done dozens of Dolmens for the first time with no XP? Somehow I should be able to recover the missing XP.
    Joined September 2013
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just double checked, and you are not currently able to receive XP for completing dolmens... but you should be. We're working on fixing this for a future incremental patch.

Thank you for checking this out!
    We look forward to getting this patched!

p.s. @ZOS_GinaBruno HUGE KUDOS for adding a note after editing the patch notes today. Thank you.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    Just did a Vr9 Dolmen in Eastmarch, Im vr10. No xp. Did a ton of Dolmens a few days ago for achievements from AD zones which is Cadwells Silver for me. Got no XP from any of them at all.

If it turns out Dolmens are supposed to give XP and are not. How are you going to rectify the fact that I've just done dozens of Dolmens for the first time with no XP? Somehow I should be able to recover the missing XP.

Exactly. I grinded Dolmens for Savior of Nirn title just a couple weeks back. Lord knows how much XP my VR 11 should have actually earned!
    PC-NA
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »

Thank you for checking this out!
    We look forward to getting this patched!

p.s. @ZOS_GinaBruno HUGE KUDOS for adding a note after editing the patch notes today. Thank you.

or we would be ...if we hadn't DONE THEM ALL!
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for checking Gina, much appreciated. Any chance of compensation for those dolmens that we've missed out on XP for?
    Jakx wrote: »
    Exactly. I grinded Dolmens for Savior of Nirn title just a couple weeks back. Lord knows how much XP my VR 11 should have actually earned!
    4775 XP per dolmen in Silver/Gold areas (not counting ESO Plus). I can give you all the other values as well, from the 1-50 zones, but would need to check them off against the level of the mobs at each dolmen.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not remember ever getting completion XP. I have always gotten XP for killing the mobs and end boss, but never any for completing the Dolmen. I do get POI XP though.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heruthema wrote: »
    I do not remember ever getting completion XP. I have always gotten XP for killing the mobs and end boss, but never any for completing the Dolmen. I do get POI XP though.

POI is completion exp, unless you are talking about discovery exp.

As others have stated, all dolmen USED to give completion exp, but something broke with them. I was surprised to get completion exp from the one in Rivenspire yesterday, but I haven't done any others since so it seems that if others are not getting completion exp from dolmen then some of them are broken and some aren't.

And just to be crystal clear, I am talking about the exp you get for turning the dolmen from black to white on your zone map. The FIRST time you complete it.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost all dolmens have not been giving me completion xp for a while now, though I did one in the rift recently and it gave 5k xp.

Honestly, there are bigger fish to fry, and this bug is a drop in the bucket. There are 3 dolmens per map, and 10 maps across silver and gold, so that's 30 dolmens.

30 * 5000 = 150000. Doing every single dolmen in silver and gold would give you 15% of a single veteran rank even if they were functioning. You can grind that in less than 20 minutes killing mobs and not need to worry about having a group available to do them, and have them be active when you arrive.

Having dolmens give completion xp is a step in the right direction, but they also need to make them worth our time, along with the rest of the stuff in veteran ranks.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we complete dolmens thus clearing them on the map, but don't get experience, how are we supposed to know which ones to re-complete for the experience bonus? We gotta track that for an entire week until it's patched?!
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished my titles and completion for every dolmen in game last week. Lost credit and XP I'll never get back.
    Edited by Elijah_Crow on April 7, 2015 1:31AM
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished my titles and completion for every dolmen in game last week. Lost credit and XP I'll never get back.

This kind of puts it in persepctive:
    Zheg wrote: »
    30 * 5000 = 150000. Doing every single dolmen in silver and gold would give you 15% of a single veteran rank even if they were functioning. You can grind that in less than 20 minutes killing mobs and not need to worry about having a group available to do them, and have them be active when you arrive.

Annoying, yes, a big deal, no.
  • wOOOOt_of_SD
    wOOOOt_of_SD
    ✭✭✭
    XP have been nerfed too much all over. There is no point in doing dolmens, bosses and dungeons in the zones.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XP have been nerfed too much all over. There is no point in doing dolmens, bosses and dungeons in the zones.

I beg to differ. If you are already questing in the area it's a quick 5k+ without enlightenment.

As a primary means of leveling up...no, it wouldn't work.
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, you're losing control of your Nerfhammer imho.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a guildie report that he got XP from a Dolmen. Is this bug still a thing or has it been fixed?
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No dolmen in Cyrodill gives XP.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Just had a guildie report that he got XP from a Dolmen. Is this bug still a thing or has it been fixed?

Not fixed. After reading this thread I soloed a level-appropriate dolmen on a lowbie alt in Glenumbra and no XP was given for dolmen completion; I only received XP for the mobs.
    Edited by Slurg on April 8, 2015 6:24PM
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just did a dolmen in Bangkorai (the one in the upper part of the map... Mourn something) and didn't get XP on completion. Did it twice just to be sure, and nothing on completion other than the fire and fury and the chest. I also /bug'd it... but none of the choices appeared to be related to XP gain...
    Edited by wraith808 on April 8, 2015 6:26PM
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck fixing it
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've levelled another char through VR 3 Shadowfen, VR 4 Eastmarch, and VR 5 Rift these past few days (since April 6th).

The dolmens in the Rift do give completion XP (around 5,000 XP each), but the dolmens in all other zones I've tested are definitely bugged.
    Edited by GaldorP on April 9, 2015 5:17PM
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on this now? Is it all dolmens or just Cyrodiil?
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously ive had this problem since from the beggining. Ive made them with my main, and after that my alts was not able to gain xp from dolmens. I sent a ticket about it 7 months ago. They just try to guess something but they not helped, just closed my ticket. Now reading this again just remembered me to that. Do something with it!!4
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭

Can we get an update on this... I'm holding off on doing them because I like my XP :)
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com