Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No XP for completing Dark Anchor Dolmens

Enodoc
Enodoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
First of all, yes, I realise this has been an issue for months, but I couldn't find a thread specifically about it, nor any patch notes saying it was intended.

The background: When you "Complete" a location, the map icon turns white and you get a level-appropriate XP reward (appropriate to the location's level, not yours). For example, completing the Endless Stair Objective in Coldharbour gives 4775 XP, completing the Coldharbour delve The Cave of Trophies gives 4169 XP.

The issue: When you complete a Dark Anchor Dolmen (the first time), the icon turns white, but there is no XP reward with the HUD pop-up saying Dolmen Completed. These are the only locations that do not give XP on first-time completion (as far as I am aware), and they definitely used to, so I was assuming it was a bug. But it still hasn't been fixed. @ZOS_TristanK, any insights? Thanks!
UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it because of the fancy light show, treasure chest and achievement if you face a named dolmen boss ?
    Not saying you are wrong just wondering if ZOS considered it different...like the random daedra incursions you get nothing for.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Is it because of the fancy light show, treasure chest and achievement if you face a named dolmen boss ?
    Not saying you are wrong just wondering if ZOS considered it different...like the random daedra incursions you get nothing for.
    You get an achievement for defeating a delve boss too, and that delve still gives completion XP. You may be on to something though that it stopped giving XP at the same time as they introduced those chests.
    By random daedra incursions, are you referring to Dark Fissures? Because I thought you got XP for those.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

The fancy light show and chest come for completing any dolmen, regardless of whether you face a general.

OP, I'm pretty sure my characters still get XP for completing dolmens the first time, but I haven't been specifically watching for that in-game. Did you submit a ticket to see if it was intended?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I'm pretty sure my characters still get XP for completing dolmens the first time, but I haven't been specifically watching for that in-game. Did you submit a ticket to see if it was intended?
    Only some /bug reports, and not a full ticket, but it's been the case on all my characters for ages, both on Live and on PTS (I noticed specifically because I've been recording XP rewards for UESP).
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this possibly because you get bonus Fighters Guild XP from completing dolmens? Could the XP be going there instead of into the general XP pool?
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From recent memory, all Dolmens I completed in my gold zone gave me experience rewards for the first time completion.

Just a thought, did you take into consideration that since (I think) 1.5, veteran ranks are similarly handled as the character levels? Meaning that if you are more than 4 VR above the zone level, you don't get XP rewards anymore?
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get EXP about an hour ago for completing a Cyrodiil dolmen for the first time on my templar (although I got discovery exp for finding it).
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a couple dolmens last night in the Rift (EP side) around level 41 and I think I got XP for both. It was around 4k XP at the end iirc.
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that you do NOT, repeat, DO NOT get XP for Dolmens.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »
    Just a thought, did you take into consideration that since (I think) 1.5, veteran ranks are similarly handled as the character levels? Meaning that if you are more than 4 VR above the zone level, you don't get XP rewards anymore?
    That doesn't apply to Quest or POI XP, so shouldn't affect this. Regardless of your level, you always get the same XP for completing a specific quest or POI (eg, completing Alcaire Castle at Lvl 18 or VR14 with a DC char gives 1253 XP).
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    I did a couple dolmens last night in the Rift (EP side) around level 41 and I think I got XP for both. It was around 4k XP at the end iirc.
    Hmm, interesting... are you sure that wasn't from the boss, or was that possibly cumulative over all the mobs? But 3239 XP (3562 XP with ESO Plus) should be the most you'd get from Smokefrost Peaks Dolmen (completion only, not counting mobs), which is indeed close to 4k.
    Cool, thanks for verifying my findings. I'm sure we used to though; were you here at launch? Do you remember getting Dolmen XP before the chests were introduced?
    Edited by Enodoc on April 1, 2015 1:49PM
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Keron wrote: »
    That doesn't apply to Quest or POI XP, so shouldn't affect this. Regardless of your level, you always get the same XP for completing a specific quest or POI (eg, completing Alcaire Castle at Lvl 18 or VR14 with a DC char gives 1253 XP).
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Hmm, interesting... are you sure that wasn't from the boss, or was that possibly cumulative over all the mobs? But 3239 XP (3562 XP with ESO Plus) should be the most you'd get from Smokefrost Peaks Dolmen (completion only, not counting mobs), which is indeed close to 4k.
    Cool, thanks for verifying my findings. I'm sure we used to though; were you here at launch? Do you remember getting Dolmen XP before the chests were introduced?

I was in the last Beta, and Early Access.

I don't remember if we used to get XP from Dolmens, because I didn't have the addons I do today, so likely I had no way to "notice" the lack of XP. I now have my OWN ADDON which is.... lets call it, "obsessively" outputs every SHRED of XP the system sends to the API.... if something gives XP, I SEE IT.

And Dolmens do NOT give "completion" XP.
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof that Dolmens give no XP

Before:
    ESO-Dolmen-Before_zpsily4k4te.png

After:
    ESO-Dolmen-After_zpsf9rowukm.png
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof that Dolmens give no XP

Before:
    ESO-Dolmen-Before_zpsily4k4te.png

After:
    ESO-Dolmen-After_zpsf9rowukm.png
    Cool, thanks. Now to see if anyone can confirm whether this is a bug...
    ...or, if Working as Intended, what the reasoning behind it was, since it's inconsistent with all other POIs.
    Edited by Enodoc on April 2, 2015 1:23PM
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I have completed them over the last few days I see like 200-400 xp multiple times for kills during the dolmen and then 3600-4k xp at the end. Maybe it's bugged for some or not showing up in the chat window for some reason?
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i confirm too, no xp after completing a dolmen since patch 1.6, i tought it was an ui ftc bug , i don t know, need investigate...
    Edited by sagitter on April 3, 2015 8:11AM
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it mat have been a stealth nerf to keep people from grinding them.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iago wrote: »
    it mat have been a stealth nerf to keep people from grinding them.
    This cannot be grinded, because POI completion only triggers once, the very first time you complete each dolmen.
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can verify that my AddOn shows EVERY SHRED OF XP YOU CAN POSSIBLY GET.

Also, I manually checked my actual XP in the ESO UI, and it didn't change after dolmen completion (not shown in screenshots).
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did a Dolmen in Rivenspire (for the first time) and got around 5k exp for completing it.

I guess this was hotfixed very recently?
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »
    I just did a Dolmen in Rivenspire (for the first time) and got around 5k exp for completing it.

Same for me. It looks like they changed/hotfixed this very recently. A few days ago I still got 0 one-time completion XP from VR Dark Anchors, now I get a bit more than 5k.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »

Same for me. It looks like they changed/hotfixed this very recently. A few days ago I still got 0 one-time completion XP from VR Dark Anchors, now I get a bit more than 5k.

Nice, thanks for confirming. It's funny because as I was clearing the dolmen, I did so grumpily thinking "well I'm not even gonna get exp for this." Then at the end I was like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4t8KisRznQ
  • Avindra
    Avindra
    ✭✭
    Some of the dolmens I completed solo gave XP and some did not. They all gave the achievement though and a chest.
    I thought it was just my interface not showing the XP gain on some...
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    When you do low level ones you don't even get a chest.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only XP we get from actually fighting, not completing a dolmen.
    The only bug I sometimes encounter at dolmens (besides of insane graphical glitches a while ago) are non-spawning reward chests, even when it's done the first time and on-level.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raygee wrote: »
    I think the only XP we get from actually fighting, not completing a dolmen.
    The only bug I sometimes encounter at dolmens (besides of insane graphical glitches a while ago) are non-spawning reward chests, even when it's done the first time and on-level.

No, Dolmen are a POI and up until sometime recently always gave corresponding experience the first time that you completed them. But something happened (maybe in 1.6?) and they stopped giving exp for the initial completion. That appears to have been hotfixed as recently as yesterday, though.
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this is NOT hotfixed, and Dolmens still give no XP for completion.

It appears that there may be a bug if ONE SPECIFIC dolmen gave XP for completion, but as a category, Dolmens give no XP for completion.

If you find one that does give completion XP, post which one, and which faction you are (in case it matters if you do it as 1-50 vs Silver vs Gold).
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm ... would it have anything to do with your level? If the mobs are five levels or more below you, I don't think you get either experience or drops ...
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I can confirm this is NOT hotfixed, and Dolmens still give no XP for completion.

It appears that there may be a bug if ONE SPECIFIC dolmen gave XP for completion, but as a category, Dolmens give no XP for completion.

If you find one that does give completion XP, post which one, and which faction you are (in case it matters if you do it as 1-50 vs Silver vs Gold).

Which dolmen did you complete, but not receive any XP?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxBat wrote: »
    Hmmm ... would it have anything to do with your level? If the mobs are five levels or more below you, I don't think you get either experience or drops ...
    No. POI completion XP is not restricted by level.
    Which dolmen did you complete, but not receive any XP?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno was there a hotfix that should have fixed this? When I made the OP, I had noticed this issue specifically at all 3 dolmens in Eastmarch, all 3 dolmens in Greenshade, and all 3 dolmens in Malabal Tor. And this has been since ~1.3 or 1.4, it's not a new issue from 1.6. I haven't tested any dolmens recently though if you patched it since 2.0.1.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I had come to believe that VR Dolmens simply gave no completion XP because my VR14 DC character got no XP for any VR Dolmens in Silver and therefore didn't bother doing them in Cadwell's Gold. I'll have to take him to the Rift and have a go at it since that is the only zone in my 5+/- range.

I also have a EP character in Cadwell Silver that has not recieved ANY completion XP for ANY dolmen in Glenumbra, Rivenspire or Grahtwood. That Character may be overleveled though.