The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No XP for completing Dark Anchor Dolmens

• FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    Just double checked, and you are not currently able to receive XP for completing dolmens... but you should be. We're working on fixing this for a future incremental patch.

Can we get an update on this... I'm holding off on doing them because I like my XP :)

Related question: if I hold off doing dolmens as I don't want to miss out on the XP, will the completion XP get reduced when returning later (when over-leveled)?
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get an update on this... I'm holding off on doing them because I like my XP :)

The completion reward for one VR dolmen is about the same amount of XP that you get from killing 12 regular monsters so not really worth holding off in my opinion ^^ (Also, the anchors in the VR 5 version of the Rift do give completion XP; all others I've tested [Cyrodiil, VR6-10 DC zones, VR 1-4 EP zones] did not give completion XP though when I tested it).
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FooWasHere wrote: »
    Just double checked, and you are not currently able to receive XP for completing dolmens... but you should be. We're working on fixing this for a future incremental patch.
    Related question: if I hold off doing dolmens as I don't want to miss out on the XP, will the completion XP get reduced when returning later (when over-leveled)?
    No. Completion XP is never reduced.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    *bump* @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please give us a status update. Noting in eso live or the patch notes. Is it still under investigation?
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pema
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @Enodoc,
    Dolmens (all of them)
    Completing a Dolmen does not give the appropriate XP reward for POI completion.

This is working as designed. Dolmens no longer grant experience for completion.

Source: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1752774/#Comment_1752774
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody shut up about those that still do!
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @pema
    Hey there @Enodoc,
    Dolmens (all of them)

Source: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1752774/#Comment_1752774

Gina > Gary

o.O

/popcorn
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    wtf... why did they remove this :(
    thanks for pointing the topic out.
    Might be more bad news in there I guess...
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @pema
    Hey there @Enodoc,
    Dolmens (all of them)

So, the bug for this one was a bit confusing, and there were two in the system, so we sincerely apologize for the confusion.

The short answer is that we plan to have Dolmens grant experience for POI completion, meaning the first time you complete a Dark Anchor, you'll get a chunk of experience like you would for completing any other POI on the map. Dark Anchors will no longer grant a blanket amount of experience for completions after the first one.

Gina and I had read two different bugs that were part of the same process (one to remove global experience, and one to add back experience for POI completion), so apologies for the confusion that came from that. Hopefully this helps clear the issue up completely!
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on April 27, 2015 9:00PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is solo dolmen difficult changed? because it seems that are easyer now, less mobs spawn.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when is the fix going in? Been holding off doing dolmen's on my alt for a month now :/
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    So when is the fix going in? Been holding off doing dolmen's on my alt for a month now :/
    Same here. On that note, any plans to back-compensate those that have been completed but for which no XP was given? Since I'm sure this bug originated as far back as 1.1 or 1.2, most dolmens completed by anyone would have not given them the correct XP.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Zos, can you give us an eta on this? It's been a month now.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Hi Zos, can you give us an eta on this? It's been a month now.

Anyone want to start a betting pool? I'll put $5 on the week of Aug 5-12.
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Just to confirm, we are planning on rolling out a fix for the issue where you are not getting XP for the first-time completion of a Dark Anchor, in one of the next incremental patches.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I did all the Dolmens while they were bugged.
    Joined September 2013
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I already know the answer but I'll ask anyways. Any chance that we'll be retroactively rewarded for all the dolmen exp we missed out on while this bug was going on?
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    I think I already know the answer but I'll ask anyways. Any chance that we'll be retroactively rewarded for all the dolmen exp we missed out on while this bug was going on?
    It would be nice, since it's been an issue for over 8 months. If they can't retroactively reward the ones that are completed individually, they could just reset all dolmens to black so they can be completed again. They would have to bite the bullet if they did this for anyone who completed them in the 3 months or so that they were actually working for, as they would then be able to get the XP again. Would be a nice gesture though.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, we are planning on rolling out a fix for the issue where you are not getting XP for the first-time completion of a Dark Anchor, in one of the next incremental patches.

Good to hear. However, how will you address the lack of XP for those who have done these anchors and gotten nothing? Will the XP be automatically added to their characters with the fix?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch Notes 2.0.8:
    Dark Anchors
      Dark Anchors (Dolmens) now award experience the first time they are completed.
    :)
    @ZOS_GinaBruno / @ZOS_JessicaFolsom thanks for the fix! Did you manage to include any form of retroactive compensation as well?
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Patch Notes 2.0.8:
    Dark Anchors
    @ZOS_GinaBruno / @ZOS_JessicaFolsom thanks for the fix! Did you manage to include any form of retroactive compensation as well?

hahahahah. You think they are giving retroactive compensation? lol. Where did you get that idea? Maybe a GM in game told you not to worry..go ahead and complete all dolmens in the bugged state because they are tracking the XP and will give it to you later? :blush:
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

This fix is, unfortunately, not retroactive. It only applies to Dark Anchors completed for the first time, after today's patch.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This fix is, unfortunately, not retroactive. It only applies to Dark Anchors completed for the first time, after today's patch.

Crazy thought, maybe Dolmens should always give XP. Why not?
    Joined September 2013
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »

Crazy thought, maybe Dolmens should always give XP. Why not?
    Because it's completion XP, like the XP you get the first time you kill a world boss, or the first time you complete a delve, or when you complete the quest that turns a quest hub solid on your map.

Basically if it was just general XP for doing the dolmen rather than just for completing it the first time, you'd see VR12s who have run out of content in the PVE zones farming low level dolmens all the time as one of their few sources of XP, and lowbies wouldn't be able to contribute and do the dolmens at all.

Mind you, having said that, if you're doing a dolmen within the level range where the mobs actually give you XP, I don't see why they couldn't also give you a small amount of XP for completing the dolmen each time. A smaller amount than you get the first time, I'd think, but it would probably be just fine.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

If it was possible, we would have worked it into the fix. Unfortunately, it isn't.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I lost a lot of xp with my alt than. I suggest to make dark anchors first time xp bonus like daylies, once a day,or week... and the amount of xp scaled on dolmen level, could be an idea.
    Edited by sagitter on May 11, 2015 6:49PM
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it was possible, we would have worked it into the fix. Unfortunately, it isn't.

So it's not possible to track when dolmens were completed or rather that it's entirely too much information to sift through?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

So it's not possible to track when dolmens were completed or rather that it's entirely too much information to sift through?
    Might be able to do it by achievement per Alliance (or by the grand achievement for all three Alliances+Cyrodiil), but even that could be a bit much.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Patch Notes 2.0.8:
    Dark Anchors
    hahahahah. You think they are giving retroactive compensation? lol. Where did you get that idea? Maybe a GM in game told you not to worry..go ahead and complete all dolmens in the bugged state because they are tracking the XP and will give it to you later? :blush:
    No, I never thought they would, nor expected it. I only asked directly because it was directly posited in the thread with a couple of ways they could do it, which were previously not addressed.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Too bad. That would have saved me hours of mindless grind from VR13 to VR14 since I completely ran out of quests.
    Wololo.