Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase, April 3rd 2015"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official forum thread for the web article, "Crown Store Showcase, April 3rd 2015."

There's new stock coming to the Crown Store! Take a look at some of our lovable new vanity pets.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • CodexMMO
    CodexMMO
    ✭✭✭
    I am a sucker for pets, so I will get all of them :)
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More mounts please
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised that there aren't more cats, I could envision crazy cat people running around with 4 or 5 of them in tow. Well I guess one can RP pro dog walker now :smiley:
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Kirameki
    Kirameki
    ✭✭
    Crazy cat person here ! Give us more cats ! ;)
    "Sweet mother, sweet mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."
    ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • artemlebedkoeb17_ESO
    artemlebedkoeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    What about new DLS?
  • BurningWord8
    BurningWord8
    Soul Shriven
    Put a durzog pet in the crown store please! i would buy the crap out of that
  • Intrilo
    Intrilo
    ✭✭
    more Mounts and Costumes please!!
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are fine but I have plenty already, I would like to see a character editor, rename option and v14 templates. I know the purists will complain about templates but I have enough characters in the works. I'd just like to buy one or two that are already assembled out of the box. Full skill unlocks would be a plus, they don't have to be leveled or morphed. Name one downside of how buying a fully ranked character has any negative affect on others or the game. That's like saying the v14 I have now is unfair because everything is unlocked and maxed.
    Edited by nordsavage on April 4, 2015 7:17AM
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • daktary2001
    daktary2001
    ✭✭✭
    Cosmetic changes ! We want a barber ! And more costumes. You have given us a whole breton costume package. What about Nord ? And the others ?
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously, if you want to make money (clearly you do) how about name changes, race changes, faction changes, extra character slots?

I mean hell, we should have 12 at least, 1 for each class per faction, not that I would ever play that many, but at least it presents the option for migration.

What about an in game barber?

What about some client stability fixes? Endless loading screens? Random crashes? 2 years running now (beta), thanks for the pets.....
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Reyhyn
    Reyhyn
    Soul Shriven
    no new DLC? ok i'm gonna cancel my sub right now.
  • Eekshnerf
    Eekshnerf
    ✭✭✭
    The complaining never ends, does it? Personally these news dogs look swell, and someone on the forums just said the other day how much they wanted a banekin pet, so they'll be happy
  • RudolfRandom
    "Often trained as guard dogs, Shornhelm Shepherds will fiercely defend their master and domain, even to the death."
    Sorry I'm new, but does this mean pets can die?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put a durzog pet in the crown store please! i would buy the crap out of that

This ^^^^

Also I have a tiny goblin (bosmer) who wants one as a mount
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would really love some real DLC, also am I to assume this means only pets this Crown Store update?
    If no new DLC I would like to see some EXP pots at least :expressionless:
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Often trained as guard dogs, Shornhelm Shepherds will fiercely defend their master and domain, even to the death."
    Sorry I'm new, but does this mean pets can die?

No, just creative pets descriptions is all ;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • AJL32456
    AJL32456
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean theyre gonna fight for us now - looking at the descriptions?
    AJL32456
    - Guildmaster of The Adroit. Only on Xbox EU and PC NA Megaservers. -
    www.theadroit.co.uk

AKA:
    • [Mac] - [NA] - AJL32456
      • Thordin Agard (Lvl: Champion 26 - Breton - Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant)
      • Thorodin Jartharn (Lvl: 6 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion)
    • [Xbox] - [EU] - AJL32456
      • Bjarnar (Lvl: Champion 382 - Nord - Templar - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Shadelurker (Lvl: 18 - Khajiit - Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Drake Ivor (Lvl: 36 - Breton - Warden - Ebonheart Pact)
      • Thorodin Agard (Lvl: 25 - High Elf - Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant)
      • Aegon The Deadly (Lvl: 10 - Breton - Necromancer - Aldmeri Dominion)
      • Rhaegar V T(Lvl: 23 - Breton - Necromancer - Daggerfall Covenant)
  • Reyhyn
    Reyhyn
    Soul Shriven
    Eekshnerf wrote: »
    The complaining never ends, does it? Personally these news dogs look swell, and someone on the forums just said the other day how much they wanted a banekin pet, so they'll be happy

Yeah they'll be happy, but i'm not. i have 1900 crowns to spend... nothin.
    I'm not pet person (in game)
    I have Senche and Guar mounts so i dont want new one.
    I play since beta, so yeah i think i have rights to complaining about that.
  • Greycats
    Greycats
    ✭✭
    I absolutely love the Banekin, but please give us more cats!!! :)
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    Nice pets! I'd love to see some mechanics in the game to actually take care of our pets - feed them, play with them, repair them(my loyal dwarven sphere is a bit noisy), teach them tricks, send them for loot(I think my sphere would be great at exploring dwarven ruins and my mudcrab in finding rare fish and messages, or maps, in bottles).

Please consider this Zenimax :)
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • CodexMMO
    CodexMMO
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we could hover the UI crosshairs over a person's pet to show the name of it at the top of the screen (like when pointing at a player or NPC). Granted there are not many yet, but soon there will be.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Ironside
    Ironside
    ✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    Pets are fine but I have plen ty already, I would like to see a character editor, rename option and v14 templates. I know the purists will complain about templates but I have enough characters in the works. I'd just like to buy one or two that are already assembled out of the box. Full skill unlocks would be a plus, they don't have to be leveled or morphed.

Ummmm....no
  • Ironside
    Ironside
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
    Edited by Ironside on April 3, 2015 8:47PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, question for ZOS...

Do the pets share audio and animations? The three dogs are different colors, but are they otherwise the same pet? Same animation? Same audio?

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MartinXKid
    MartinXKid
    ✭✭✭
    The Shornhelm dog is the companion I was waiting for !!
    "War ..... War never changes"
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Too bad we cant have pets that we can train to fight.
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    This scares me...

I thought that you (ZOS) would focus on more important stuff for the crown store.. You should seriously rush things like DLC's, extra character slots, inventory/bank space, name change, race change, faction change, barber shop etc. I expected it to be there at the launch of TU.

In my imagination, those will earn you tons of money.

If people aint tired of pets yet, they will eventually.. Personally I bought pets/mounts only because you had nothing else to offer me, and I wont purchase more of them.

Please, I am willing to spend a lot of money, but not on pets......

I'm pretty patient... but..
    Edited by LEGENDARYYY on April 3, 2015 9:00PM
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    more pets.. only 1 question ... Why ????????
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironside wrote: »
    nordsavage wrote: »
    Pets are fine but I have plen ty already, I would like to see a character editor, rename option and v14 templates. I know the purists will complain about templates but I have enough characters in the works. I'd just like to buy one or two that are already assembled out of the box. Full skill unlocks would be a plus, they don't have to be leveled or morphed.

Ummmm....no

Ummmm....When you have been playing as long and as much as I have the same old grind is tiring, and I have other games I like to get to and a v14 Template is the essence of convenience. It does not give me any advantage and does not hurt you in anyway. There are many who see this the same way I do. My main has been to and from and has everything maxed and done. It would be nice to not have to spend months to do the same on other alts I am not an MMO jockey.
    Edited by nordsavage on April 3, 2015 9:23PM
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.