Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild quest rewards

• Botak
    Botak
    ✭✭
    Argh why I chose to save her :'(

I'd take 2 skill points if I knew the reward is different.
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even know what to say here.

I know it might be a morale issue of 'do you want power, even in exchange of someone's life?' which would have been great in a single player game and made a lot of us question our morale ethics, especially as many of the earlier villains you heroicly disposed of did just the same, but....

... this is a MMO. You just can't put that kind if choice in here. Just no.
  • ianblix
    ianblix
    Soul Shriven
    Xaei wrote: »

I know it might be a morale issue of 'do you want power, even in exchange of someone's life?' which would have been great in a single player game and made a lot of us question our morale ethics, especially as many of the earlier villains you heroicly disposed of did just the same, but....

Agreed.

Devs please look this over.

• Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xaei wrote: »

They can, they did. End of the story.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Ixinho
    Ixinho
    I think someone patched this. I completed mages guild today and i decided to send Valaste to Shivering Isles with Sheogorath , and i received blue book trophy :huh: ?
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ixinho wrote: »
    I think someone patched this. I completed mages guild today and i decided to send Valaste to Shivering Isles with Sheogorath , and i received blue book trophy :huh: ?
    Thats how it always has been. You read that book and it gives you skill points.

Like I said earlier its not like sheogorath is going to kill valaste, he just wants her to live there and she will like it in her crazy state, so it wasnt exactly an evil or good option. Now she gets to see the butterflys and eat infinite cheese away from the wars of tamriel. That doesn't sound so bad now does it? Although im not so sure whats going to happen to her when the greymarch happens at the end of this era.

I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    /feedback is the best bet.
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just recently to The Rift and at level 39 jumped into the Fighters guild to wrap up this quest line, and then immediately jumped into the Mages guild to wrap that up as well. I had a bunch of guildies on a raidcall and they were eager to hear what choices I would make.

Fighters Guild
    So let me get this off my chest immediately, I could always tell Aelif worked for Molag Bal. Could she seriously not have toned down her evil side, even just a little? I mean damn, she was so abusive to poor Jofnir at the end of this quest there wasn't a sliver of a doubt in my mind who was working for Molag Bal.
    So as expected the quest reward was an item that has limited use. I'm not sure why ESO can't be more creative with its quest rewards, junk items are junk.
    And to boot you can't get this item in all flavors. As a dual wield dagger night blade ESO has the balls to not ONCE, but TWICE tell me "I can craft this prismatic energy into any shape that you desire" says both Merric and Jofnir. And are there any DAGGERS?! Nope, gg.
    Am I hurt by this? Not really, it's a lower level item that'll get replaced very soon anyways. But I feel like there is so much ROOM for improvement. This is the damn ending to a huge part of the game, make it exciting and interesting! I actually enjoy the trophies, they're unique and quirky. I always have my Almelxia lantern on me and I use it all the time, it's fun! But useless items.. just blah. Needless to say story was OK, but the reward was boring and underwhelming to such a climatic ending.

Mages Guild
    Alright so I found out that overall Shalidor is just a *** and his reactions to different outcomes are completely unaffected by your choice as a player. He seems to care more for his stupid island than Valaste, but at the end of the entire plot you get pitted to pick between saving Valaste and letting the Mad God take her. You talk to Shalidor and he tells you to NOT make the same mistake he did and seems genuine in saving her. Regadless of your choice though he has no dialogue differences and even if you let Valaste go with Shaegoreth he doesn't seem to care, and still rewards you lol.
    Ok with that off my chest the reward to this quest blew my mind. Here I was re-reading what Shaegoreth was telling me (and guildies laughing at me). A book worth as much as SIX SKYSHARDS?!?! I seriously thought this MAD GOD was TROLLING me! There was no way a game dev would put a player in a position where they could possibly loss out on skill points PERMAMENTLY. I simply thought that the potential backlash from players would shy ANY developer away from making a decision such as this, so I went with my personal feeling of saving Valaste. Reward? It wasn't a reward, it was a hand-me-down from Shalidor, his walking stick from when he was old and still alive. I wasn't so baffled that I lost out on skill points (two) but what I was baffled by was the COMPARISON of either two skill points or a piece of junk item. There needs to be some serious reconsideration of rewards such as these. I don't mind making a really, really tough choice. But when you make choice A 100x superior to choice B, there is not a choice at all. This makes it extremely lame and completely removes any feeling of regret or difficulty in making the choice.

At the end of the day I've kept both my Prismatic Greatsword and Blue staff (seriously can't be bothered to remember its generic name). I am going to keep them forever, and hang them on my wall of shame. I really hope in the future though we see better rewards so that a player is actually encouraged to pick what they feel is right, cause the Mages Guild got it entirely wrong.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Aldun
    Aldun
    never mind, problem solved
    Edited by Aldun on May 2, 2014 1:54PM
  • gabe05972b14_ESO
    gabe05972b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    If you remember what the ghosts of valaste's life said she was an outcast not only with her family but in the mages guild aswell. Yea it is good to have the skill points but thinking on it. She may be happier with Sheo in an odd sort of way. Won't have doubts about herself at least.
    @Muytaco13 Guild Master of ESO Incite Gaming Guild on NA Megaserver
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you remember what the ghosts of valaste's life said she was an outcast not only with her family but in the mages guild aswell. Yea it is good to have the skill points but thinking on it. She may be happier with Sheo in an odd sort of way. Won't have doubts about herself at least.

I agree. Who says Valaste is happy if you save her? Not only is she an outcast, a book maniac like her might've read all books worth reading in Tamriel, and being her curious self, Sheo has much more to offer than Tamriel has knowledge wise.

I know Sheo was gonna offer me the skill points because I read, and asking in the guild someone told me that I will get crafting stations if I chose to save her. I didn't want to lose the crafting stations so I chose her over the skill points.

Even when I find out that the crafting stations are available anyhow, I was angry that I saved her, not of the skill points, but I really wanted to give her to Sheo for a better life. (She wasn't that happy after you saved her, really. I sense no "OMG THANK YOU" from her)

The choice is simple, sacrifice your ethics/moral/friend for power/bonus? You have these types of choices in Real Life as well, I don't see what's wrong. Your department can only have 1 manager, and you have so many lovely colleagues. Wanna save a kid from Africa? Give up a portion of your salary/life and raise one. Wanna have more cash? Sacrifice more time to work.

2 Skill Points doesn't really worth a lot. I'm at level 49, and I have extra 25 skill points, without completing zone 5 and haven't even start Coldharbor. Maxed 3 class lines passives, maxed 2 weapons passives, all hirelings level 1, BS and WW as much as I can, heavy and medium maxed, Vamp & soul skills all maxed, guild skills are half way done.

You have so much skill points but only 6 skills active at once, even when you have 3 builds, you still have so much excess skill points you have no idea where you're gonna dump them. Max all crafting skills? I don't even have the time to craft every thing or level them up. Even if you choose so, thats 24*6=144 skill points, it's only slightly more than one alliance worth of skill points. You have 3 alliances to go through.

TL;DR : Grow up. Life is a roller coaster. Learn to accept it. This is a game targeted for adults. There's a reason why Sheo is dubbed Mad God. He's crazy, he has powers of a god.

P/S: I can recommend you games my baby sister plays, they reward candies for everything she clicks. And all choices are not evil, so they reward only the good. Plus you don;t need to read or listen, just click through. Just like what you're doing.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Hangtooth
    Hangtooth
    Soul Shriven
    Hehe, she seemed so happy as a nutter how could I NOT let her go off to play with the butterflies with Sheo. The 2 skill points was a tasty bonus that I wasn't expecting. I hadn't read ahead, she just seemed so lonely as a sane person!
    Edited by Hangtooth on May 25, 2014 6:47PM
  • dividingbyzero
    Hangtooth wrote: »
    Hehe, she seemed so happy as a nutter how could I NOT let her go off to play with the butterflies with Sheo. The 2 skill points was a tasty bonus that I wasn't expecting. I hadn't read ahead, she just seemed so lonely as a sane person!

Pretty much this.

Letting Sheo take Valaste makes Sheo happy, makes Valaste happy, and gives you a permanent boost. Everyone wins.
  • kitapaweleb17_ESO
    kitapaweleb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I liked the quest finale - the imbalanced rewards make for a non-generic quest and a true Role-playing choice. You save a person but do not get power at her expense. That's how it would work in real life - you either sell your soul or live with your limitations;)

I played an evil NB so this choice suited me, but my alt templar will surely save her and not mind the 2 points. If I'm going to miss any points for my build I'll just run around Cyrodill and have ample skill points for anything...
  • kitapaweleb17_ESO
    kitapaweleb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Oh, just noticed what a necro I did there... sorry;)