Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild quest rewards

xxslam48xxb14_ESO
xxslam48xxb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So I know for beating the mages guild you get 2 extra skill points depending on the choices you make. Do you get any extra skill points for making the right choices in the fighters guild? I didnt so im wondering if i *** up.
I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
but my delight will last and you will respawn.
My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be any "right" choices, only decisions, and consequences to those decisions.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Zab101
    Zab101
    In the case of the Mages Guild, 2 extra skill points versus an underwhelming blue staff that is equal to something found off a trash mob; I would say there is a right choice.
  • kristiannyman88b16_ESO
    Had more problem with this choice than I would like to >_<.
    I wanted to do the other choice but missing a skillpoint is not acceptable so I picked the 2 skill points.

I don't think it's the same thing with Fighter's Guild.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to save Valaste because I knew from the beginning she was being messed with my Sheo, I didn't even know I'd get 2 whole skill points, that's ridiculous, I want to go back and give her up now haha. The rewards certainly aren't comparable at all, Blue staff + w/e the thing Shalidor gives, or 2 skill points? I'll take the skill points, thanks.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Zab101
    Zab101
    I wanted to save Valaste because I knew from the beginning she was being messed with my Sheo, I didn't even know I'd get 2 whole skill points, that's ridiculous, I want to go back and give her up now haha. The rewards certainly aren't comparable at all, Blue staff + w/e the thing Shalidor gives, or 2 skill points? I'll take the skill points, thanks.

They really give players the shaft on this finale if you chose to save Valaste. From what I understand, either way you get Eidetic Memory. So it boils down to 2 skill points vs. a blue quality staff that you could get from a trash mob drop. A blue staff for the completion of a major story arc? Compared with the Fighters Guild it's utter garbage. There you get an epic weapon of choice no matter what decisions you make.

I'm all for differing quality rewards based on moral choices, but to totally shaft a player at the end of a major story arc is disappointing. If they wanted to have differing rewards; it should have been on the quality of weapons or the Eidetic Memory not denying 2 skill points. End of rant.
  • scrabble06_ESO
    Yeah, feeling pretty shafted especially if there is no way (in the foreseeable future) to make up these skill points. I do not agree with the skill points being tied to a 'moral' decision, and hope they add some 'future quest(s)' from Valaste to make up for this.
  • Roeas000
    Roeas000
    I think this deserves some sort of dev response. This is the only quest that I know of that has its reward tied with a choice. People that chose a certain option will forever be down 2 skill points is ridiculous.

I feel that I was punished for not knowing the rewards ahead of time and that's a terrible feeling.
  • DeadlyGhost
    Fix this immediately. Unless that staff gives you skill points when you fire it the rewards for the quest are completely broken and imbalanced. Keep bumping this thread until this issue is fixed. There is simply no excuse for this to even be an issue in the first place.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump, I want a proper reward for saving my friend.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew i would get skill points because i became suspicious when sheo told me I would get some, so I looked it up. I did want to save valaste, but there is no way I would pass on skill points. It is a bit ridiculous to have unobtainable in any other way skill points as a reward. Thats why I wanted to know if I messed up in the fighters guild.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on April 12, 2014 5:36PM

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was mentioned in beta but nothing came of it outside praise that hard moral choices were added.
  • Roeas000
    Roeas000
    If we want this to be changed, we need to bring more attention to it and keep hammering it in that this isn't okay and we want a fix. People shouldn't be predisposed to making an evil/chaotic choice for character progression.
  • Brank
    Brank
    ✭✭✭
    /bump for justice.

I'm not even in the Mages Guild and I'm irked by this. I'm half way through the Fighter's Guild and i'm now going to do some research to make sure I make the right decisions (which kind of sucks, considering the plot is just thickening with deceit and suspense, and now, for fear of an utterly insufficient reward, I have to spoil the ending for myself).
  • Scanexfan
    Scanexfan
    Soul Shriven
    Hello dear Developers,
    Can you please respond to this issue..?!? I feel tricked by this, being a nice person and trying to save Valaste, I miss out on 2 skill points PERMANENTLY? You can't be serious! Please give me the option to get those 2 skill points back from Valaste!
  • Restirnaei
    Restirnaei
    ✭✭
    I agree. I really wanted to save her too, but you can't sacrifice character development that powerful. Skill points just can't be made up if you miss them any other way. The quest should give you points no matter the choice. Please fix this quest.
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who didnt look up the quest to avoid spoilers...

I chose to save her, thinking that I would still get the skill points at the end as a reward for knowingly giving up "6 skyshards worth." Nope, heres your blue staff and an unrecoverable permanent character bonus...HAVE A NICE DAY.

The staff vs a useless trophy seemed fair enough for the way the story plays out. I was expecting an extra quest for those two skill points at the end as a way to say thanks. I recall reading that there wouldn't be any choices that hinder character advancement in such a way, and to choose how you wanted the story to play out. Sorry devs, but this is a forced decision for anyone that knows the end result and a bad design decision overall.

Even swtor avoided things like this.
    Edited by drwoody44b14_ESO on April 15, 2014 1:21AM
  • Restirnaei
    Restirnaei
    ✭✭
    Apparently saving her means you get to use some special crafting stations that I don't think are anywhere else.
  • Scanexfan
    Scanexfan
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any more detailed information about those "special crafting stations"..? Any link? I would be glad to accept _anything_ for those two missing skill points (except for a staff useless to my way of playing)
  • Restirnaei
    Restirnaei
    ✭✭
    http://tamrieljournal.com/crafted-item-sets-eso/

The Mages and Fighters Guild ones you can not go back to if you accept the skill points
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there's like 3 different crafting stations on the island but, I'd rather have 2 skill points.
    Edited by ArgonianAssassin on April 15, 2014 3:05PM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont like these kind of choices. Choosing between crafting stations and 2 skillpoints is hard.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Awe
    Awe
    ✭✭✭
    heh, didn't know about different results of choices. i'd chose skill points, if could, but alas.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restirnaei wrote: »
    Apparently saving her means you get to use some special crafting stations that I don't think are anywhere else.
    I found at least 1 crafting station on eyevea and I chose the skill points so idk about that.

• Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need help to decide. My main is working on maxing all crafts, should I take the crafting stations or the skillpoints? If the set bonis of the crafting station will be high demand I think those would be the better choice if you invest into crafting?
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    Restirnaei wrote: »
    I found at least 1 crafting station on eyevea and I chose the skill points so idk about that.

Which crafting station you get for choosing skill points?

• xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    something that works with restoration staffs idk what its called

• Zab101
    Zab101
    The two crafting sets Eyes of Mara and Shalidor's Curse that can only be crafted at the stations on Eyevea are available to ALL who complete the Mages Guild quest line. Whether you save Valaste or send her away is irrelevant.

The bottom line is this: save Valaste and you do not get 2 skill points. The devs are giving you the shaft if you save her. Plain and simple.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafting stations that require 8 traits researched no less.

Not worth it. Ill likely find something better than those sets.
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    2 Things;

First, I think the reward is actually justified, as evil and -gimping- as it is, this sort of choice always existed within other TES games as well. That is the whole point of Daedric Princes, promise of power for doing their bidding. Who is to say it truly comes unattached, we do not know for the plans up ahead.

Second, apparently I'm blind as I'm incapable of finding any of the crafting stations other than the regular ones, can someone point me to them?
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Aenthel wrote: »
    2 Things;

First, I think the reward is actually justified, as evil and -gimping- as it is, this sort of choice always existed within other TES games as well. That is the whole point of Daedric Princes, promise of power for doing their bidding. Who is to say it truly comes unattached, we do not know for the plans up ahead.

Second, apparently I'm blind as I'm incapable of finding any of the crafting stations other than the regular ones, can someone point me to them?

Except in the mmo world, "lore reasons" for giving an advantage to other players over a choice like this is unacceptable.