Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild quest rewards

• Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zab101 wrote: »
    The two crafting sets Eyes of Mara and Shalidor's Curse that can only be crafted at the stations on Eyevea are available to ALL who complete the Mages Guild quest line. Whether you save Valaste or send her away is irrelevant.

The bottom line is this: save Valaste and you do not get 2 skill points. The devs are giving you the shaft if you save her. Plain and simple.
    Where is the crafting station for Shalidor's Curse? I can only find the Eyes of Mara one and a normal one. Are you sure you get both of them even if you take the 2 skillpoints, like I just did?
    By the way the mage guild quest line is way to easy. The final quest was rated for lvl 43 and I soloed it at lvl 37 in white gear. I expected more from being the final mage guild quest :(
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Sergeant_Novak
    Sergeant_Novak
    ✭✭✭
    I think in an MMO environment people are kind of overly practical in a quest line. Like in a single player game everyone would look at this and wouldn't bat an eyelash because it makes sense doing the altruistic thing can sacrifice, in this case, potential power.

Though in an MMO you are playing with other players in a competitive environment, so it would make sense to give somewhat equal rewards. I don't know, I praise it but kind of disagree with it in context.
    Edited by Sergeant_Novak on April 17, 2014 8:57AM
    Kol Blakmarc - Dwemer Archeologist, Mage, Not such a great dancer
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try levelling all crafts at the same time, you never have enough of skillpoints.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's brilliant. People are too used to being spoiled by games where being good = payoff. It's great to see a choice where being good means sacrificing personal gain: a REAL choice.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasnt even really a bad choice since valaste was crazy and she wanted to go to the shivering isles anyways. We all seen the shivering isles in oblivion and its honestly not any worse then tamriel.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Try levelling all crafts at the same time, you never have enough of skillpoints.

Im levelling ww, bs, ench and cloth at the same time. Have three points and no idea where to put them. Have over 30 points in crafting and still need to do the rift and coldharbour skyshard run.

Oh and I did mage + fighters guild at 37. Silver bolts is friggin op.

Only fight that gave me issues was fighters guild last boss lv 50 nightblade.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, i didn't know you would get a "Trashy stuff of Trash" for saving Valaste.
    It seems i was pretty lucky to get those 2 skill points since i was just random clicking the answers thru whole quest chain.
    I guess the only reason i recieved 2 skill points was my love to kill NPC's in all of this quest decision's.
    This is realy redicilous that you have search for spoilers on quests in order not to miss something realy important like skill points...
    Edited by killedbyping on April 18, 2014 8:16AM
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't help myself. She's the reason I made an Altmer. Had to save her and I'd do it again.
    Edited by KenjiJU on April 18, 2014 8:58AM
  • aftershox
    aftershox
    ✭✭
    Yeah there's like 3 different crafting stations on the island but, I'd rather have 2 skill points.

Can you elaborate further on the quality of those crafting stations? I've found 3 hidden crafting stations on my main but they weren't tied to any particular quest line.

I agree it is wholly unacceptable to get a one time rare over 2 extra skill points. PVE content is getting out levelled very quickly so a reward menu choice like SWTOR would be advisable. Having said that you can always roll an alt to make different choices, which seems valid especially with the rapid rate at which power gamers out level content in this game.
    'May you walk on warm sands!'
  • danomite2k4b16_ESO
    danomite2k4b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The quest clearly tells you, multiple times, (in the voice over/subtitles, and the actual player dialogue options) that he will give you skills if you go his way. If you wanted the skills you already knew which option to pick.
    Edited by danomite2k4b16_ESO on April 18, 2014 8:25PM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that you get both crafting stations even if you take the skillpoints.
  • kromann79b16_ESO
    You WERE warned...
    Half a dozen Skyshards = 6/3 = 2 skill points.
    Going to save Valaste anyways, since skillpoints (and shards) are pretty abundant.
  • ashton
    ashton
    Still no fix, i guess valeste will have to be sacrificed for greater cause (+1 sp for my character)
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    There wont be a fix. Its working as intended. In elder scrolls games its common that the moral choices often have inferior rewards.
  • Roeas000
    Roeas000
    I have no doubt that there are bigger issues plaguing the game at the moment, bank bug, 'sploits, bots, etc. They have their plates full but if enough people deem that the quest reward is too inequitable and we constantly bring it to their attention, I believe it can and will be changed. After all, there wasn't any first person view before or a FOV slider being made accessible before.
  • Frail_Old_Man
    Frail_Old_Man
    ✭✭
    Ahh...that moment when trusting a madman pays off...
    Sheo mentioning the whole skyshards and all really rang the bells for me.
    Sanguine's testers, the best testers.
    Alas we are no longer labeled as such.
  • Frail_Old_Man
    Frail_Old_Man
    ✭✭
    Regarding the loss of the 2 skillpoints and gaining an epic, superduper useful staff...
    You chose...poorly.
    Sanguine's testers, the best testers.
    Alas we are no longer labeled as such.
  • cris13crossb16_ESO
    cris13crossb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I must say I am a little annoyed by being given the shaft here. Yes i know Sheo hinted at skill points but i have never played an MMO where a choice in a non-repeatable quest would give players a permanent disadvantage over people who took the other option. Very poor design choice imo
  • FGroebnerb16_ESO
    Malediktus wrote: »
    There wont be a fix. Its working as intended. In elder scrolls games its common that the moral choices often have inferior rewards.

A moral choice? You will never see these characters again, so why care? It has no effect onto the world your your play if she dies.

Sure, the 2 SP are also not too awesome actually. there are over 300 SP, what means you can skill everything if you get all of them, with these +2 and without, and there will probably even more SP after content patches.
    Edited by FGroebnerb16_ESO on April 20, 2014 2:59PM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    We dont know if we will see them again. Maybe they will extend the guild questlines in future.
  • blauschwinge
    blauschwinge
    ✭✭
    I think currently it is not possible for me to get everything I wanted with the amount thats in the game (and I only skill two weapon trees and one armor tree) Regardless, I will do the right thing and save Valaste, but I still hope that one day, you can really max everything you deem worthy to have.

The Game surely doesn't seem to care a lot about symetry between skills and points (for example, that you are stuck with an uneaven amount of points at max level, counts for horse and your attributes, I dislike it personally)
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you arent in Aldmeri Dominion the right thing is to send her with Uncle Sheo. After all Altmeri are enemies of the other two factions :p
  • abrizsb14_ESO1
    All I can say about this is, "***". I believe that Zenimax needs to fix this, and give everyone 2 skill points. This isn't exactly GAME BREAKING, but it is utter bull crap. Making a choice to get you +2 additional skill points for using the book, vs saving someone, and not getting it is pretty damn stupid. Sorry, but I find this very flawed.
  • abrizsb14_ESO1
    Aenthel wrote: »
    2 Things;

First, I think the reward is actually justified, as evil and -gimping- as it is, this sort of choice always existed within other TES games as well. That is the whole point of Daedric Princes, promise of power for doing their bidding. Who is to say it truly comes unattached, we do not know for the plans up ahead.

Second, apparently I'm blind as I'm incapable of finding any of the crafting stations other than the regular ones, can someone point me to them?

This is an MMO, not a SINGLE PLAYER game. So therefor you have an advantage over other players. Sorry, this doesn't fit the GAME by any means.

• Ardeni
    Ardeni
    ✭✭
    Having this choice remain as it is would be fine for me if choosing the options and their consequences would be clear in the game. When players need to decide what they choose, the quest should tell you that choosing not to save Valaste gives you two skill points that you will never get otherwise. It should be made more clear than what Sheogorath is babbling, since the people who are not so interested in the lore of the game, but rather in its gameplay, will most likely skip Sheogorath's dialogue and not know anything at all. Personally I often skip the dialogue and go straight to the decisions where I might give the outcome a bit of thought.

This time I chose to save Valaste (I even did a quick google search but was not thorough enough to find the information about the skill points). I am not overly upset about this since I have more skill points than I currently need anyways, but it definitely sucks, in principle, that all of a sudden a RP choice makes you lose an advantage while all the previous choices have made no matter ( for example choosing gold & glory give you the same reward as helping the thieves guild in Grahtwood).
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    Sheogorath tells directly to your face that his reward is equivalent of 6 skyshards that we adventurers collect. What more he had to do? Reading is really helpful in TES games, just so you know.

On another note, to the people that are claiming both crafting stations are present in Eyevea, if you are one of those people, stop claiming and do tell where because I scoured the whole island and all I see is Eyes of Mara, which is... well, worthless.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 Things;

First, I think the reward is actually justified, as evil and -gimping- as it is, this sort of choice always existed within other TES games as well. That is the whole point of Daedric Princes, promise of power for doing their bidding. Who is to say it truly comes unattached, we do not know for the plans up ahead.

Second, apparently I'm blind as I'm incapable of finding any of the crafting stations other than the regular ones, can someone point me to them?

This is an MMO, not a SINGLE PLAYER game. So therefor you have an advantage over other players. Sorry, this doesn't fit the GAME by any means.
    You dont have an advantage with more skillpoints at some point. You can only unlock so many passives and you cant use more than 12 skills at a time. There are 300+ skillpoints ingame, so 2 more or less do not give you an advantage in Cyrodiil.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath tells directly to your face that his reward is equivalent of 6 skyshards that we adventurers collect. What more he had to do? Reading is really helpful in TES games, just so you know.

On another note, to the people that are claiming both crafting stations are present in Eyevea, if you are one of those people, stop claiming and do tell where because I scoured the whole island and all I see is Eyes of Mara, which is... well, worthless.
    you didnt search well then, I just rechecked and both are there. I just started the game just for you...
    sx9qnufg.png
    hygrwpwx.png

• Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you extremely very much for the location of Shalidor's Curse, I must have really been blind to miss that, but thanks a lot :)
  • Koltiros1005b14a_ESO
    I'm not sure but I've found the greatsword I got from the fighters guild has endless potential I'm still using it at veteran 1 and I used it to strike down Molag'Bal. 59 extra damage to daedra and undead is just awesome.
    |----Cometh' at me bro'eth.--- Aldmeri Dominion NA, Veteran,----|
    | -~Bug reporter extraordinaire-~|