Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lua is reaching its memory limit

EQBallzz
EQBallzz
✭✭✭✭✭
I have not really changed the number of addons I have been using for a long while and I never used to get any memory related errors but since last patch I'm now getting this error:

"Lua is reaching its memory limit. You should consider disabling some addons and reloading the UI."

I did remove some addons to have even less that previously but I'm still getting this error now on a regular basis. I found a couple old threads about this but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any addon that may be causing this or a possible fix?
Edited by EQBallzz on November 6, 2014 9:51PM
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can increase the amount of memory your addons are allowed to use, through User Settings (UserSettings.txt).

Here's the line to change:

SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "64"

Change it to something in multiples of 2, for example I changed mine to 256 -

SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "256"
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet. Thx. I will try that.
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    I'm missing something?... because I can't find that anywhere in the elderscroll file under live folder. And I verified if it is in the other main eso folder of zenimax but nothing.
    Edited by Donum-Dei on March 25, 2015 3:18PM
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »
    C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu

Thank you
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm curious why they limited it to 64 to begin with. Seems really silly to me.
    :trollin:
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    CombatAnalytics makes for a decent damage meter that also happens to have the option to increase the lua memory limit within its settings menu.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry in advance for necro-threading!

Does anyone know what is the max we can set the limit to? I changed from 64 to 256 and I still get the message!
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try 512.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    I have not really changed the number of addons I have been using for a long while and I never used to get any memory related errors but since last patch I'm now getting this error:

"Lua is reaching its memory limit. You should consider disabling some addons and reloading the UI."

I did remove some addons to have even less that previously but I'm still getting this error now on a regular basis. I found a couple old threads about this but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any addon that may be causing this or a possible fix?

there is an addon on minion that fixed this for me, I think it is this one:
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info883-ShissusLUAMemory.html

try finding it in minion by keyword "lua"
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! All sorted! :D
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream