The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Nirnhoned Bug Abuse Now Rampant

• Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just letting you all know that the bug with Nirnhoned will be fixed with today's maintenance.

Good Job!
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
    Options
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Just letting you all know that the bug with Nirnhoned will be fixed with today's maintenance.
    Oh thank god! Tired of getting hit for 12k overload light attacks. :D
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job ZoS!

Because I can!
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This fix will likely change the dynamics in Cyrodiil from what they have been during the past couple of weeks. It was certainly easy to recognized when a player was using this bugged trait.
    Edited by LonePirate on March 16, 2015 3:09PM
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuro1n wrote: »

Yeah that won't be changing friend.
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hurray! I can PVP again.
    Edited by Preyfar on March 16, 2015 2:54PM
    Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before we celebrate lets see exactly what the results are.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    Options
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭

You always get to announce the good news. :3
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    Kuro1n wrote: »

Yeah that won't be changing friend.

My hardcapped-even-when-spellres-debuffed-and-enemy-is-wearing-5-light spell resist says otherwise :D. I had seen the news of this getting fixed with today's patch several days ago, and been looking forward to it..... ;). It was night and day when someone was using the bugged nirnhoned weapon trait in Cyro compared to being hit by the same cookie-cutter mega-magicka overload build from someone who wasn't. :p
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on March 16, 2015 3:13PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    can anyone help my nub with mitigation mechanics? The prevelence of sharpened, and now nirn in the live meta's has really made it hard for me to see how penetration is intended to work in conjunction with armor. I alway thought it was like:

you have 32k+, 50% mitigation.

I have 18% + 5% + 5/10/20% ?(light armor value i'm not sure on) has me somewhere at 40+% penetration.

that should net you ~10% mit. 1 fracture debuff and you are effectively naked unless i'm mistaken.

Edited by Valnas on March 16, 2015 3:25PM
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »
    can anyone help my nub with mitigation mechanics? The prevelence of sharpened, and now nirn in the live meta's has really made it hard for me to see how penetration is intended to work in conjunction with armor. I alway thought it was like:

I have 18% + 5% + 5/10/20% ?(light armor value i'm not sure on) has me somewhere at 40+% penetration.

that should net you ~10% mit. 1 fracture debuff and you are effectively naked unless i'm mistaken.
    If you have 40% penetration and I have 30k resists you will penetrate 30k*0,4 = 12k of my resists. That means I will have 18k resists.

Because I can!
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

If you have 40% penetration and I have 30k resists you will penetrate 30k*0,4 = 12k of my resists. That means I will have 18k resists.

Too bad their penetration mechanic doesn't actually reduce spell resists, instead it increases your damage to compensate for the spell resists you are "theoretically penetrating" which... well... has many issues. Including still increasing someones damage when they are already fully negating resistances.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

nope ->

Too bad their penetration mechanic doesn't actually reduce spell resists, instead it increases your damage to compensate for the spell resists you are "theoretically penetrating" which... well... has many issues. Including still increasing someones damage when they are already fully negating resistances.

this. and thats why you will see a significant dmg drop of magica users.
    Edited by Tankqull on March 16, 2015 3:56PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

This.

nope ->

It works the same way for armor penetration unless the skill states that it removes an exact number.

Because I can!
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

nope ->

It works the same way for armor penetration unless the skill states that it removes an exact number.

i have no idea how it works for armor piercing as i´ve never tested it, but for "spellpierce" its working as huntler discribes wich is significantly different then valnas description.
    Edited by Tankqull on March 16, 2015 4:03PM

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you guys are resetting the trial leader-boards as well. Wouldn't be bad to have a patch where they had some meaning beyond a guild knowing an exploit, be it a damage one like this or the ole door teleport in Hal'ra.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great so now Sorcs will have to use more than Light Attack > Streak > Shard Proc > Light Attack > Streak > Shard Proc and of course when they are about to die Streak > Streak > Streak > Streak > Streak > Streak.
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, a few people and I were working this a couple days ago. It appears penetration is pretty garbage, considering 650 armor = 1% mitigation.

The 650 armor = 1% reduction number came from someone in a random thread though. I would like to believe it is wrong.
    Edited by TheBull on March 16, 2015 4:11PM
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

Yeah, a few people and I were working this a couple days ago. It appears penetration is pretty garbage, considering 650 armor = 1% mitigation.

The 650 armor = 1% reduction number came from someone in a random thread though. I would like to believe it is wrong.

I actually tested it in game on the PTS a month ago or so. The number I got was around 650. This was before I found out the hard cap was 32k, which we know is 50%.

32000/50 = 640.

It seems to agree (roughly) with the number my tests produced.
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great so now Sorcs will have to use more than Light Attack > Streak > Shard Proc > Light Attack > Streak > Shard Proc and of course when they are about to die Streak > Streak > Streak > Streak > Streak > Streak.

if you died to this you will be screwed further on.

Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the actual bug? I have a NH fire staff but I am not pvp-ing at the moment so am not and have not used it there. I mostly run dbl restos with whatever trait (infused I am bad with names but seems infused is the armour one and I am on my phone right now) that adds to enchantment and absorb mana glyphs. I just have a spare destro for solo/duo stuff or if need be.
    Edited by Islyn on March 16, 2015 4:53PM
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's our fix to ravaging or the stamina version of nirn that procs on any stamina damage not just melee attacks. Getting 600 weapon damage 90% of the time allowing stamina users to push their weapon damage over 4k in certain situations. If both these are fixed then It would leave stam and mag. how they are now and IMO how they should be with stam being a little tankier but doing less damage and mag. being more damage but taking far more damage. The current setup is going to make stam the best dps, more tanky than light armor, and most mobile setup with the exception of sorcs.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned's been fixed

http://youtu.be/sj4rzchQVRQ
    Options
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

Yea I guess if someone does from this they will have trouble. Looks like I found your strategy as a sorc. Salty much?
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I guess if someone does from this they will have trouble. Looks like I found your strategy as a sorc. Salty much?

nope, neither am i salty nor have you the slightest clue how i play. but from your former statement its quite obvious how awefull your stategies must be when that play stayle is a problem for you, making you squeal about in this forum...

Options