The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.0

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aerieth wrote: »
    Is the aiming of conal AOE's going to be fixed?

Before 1.6, when I used Carve, my character would turn in the direction I had the recticle pointed and the attack would fire.

Now, when I use carve, my character stays pointed the wrong way, often in the opposite direction of where i'm aiming, and the attack goes off into thin air.

This also seems to be effecting nightblade refreshing path skill as well.

If this was intentional, it is certainly undesirable, it was also unanounced in the patch notes.

This is indeed very annoying and certainly not desirable character skill behavior - in my opinion.
    Makes above mentioned skills a pain to use in high action situations.

...And the bow bombard skill.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Item Sets
    • Burning Spellweave: Fixed an issue where this item set was giving Weapon Critical instead of Spell Critical.

ZOS, while you are playing with this set, why not go ahead and make it viable since you are already altering it(I am tired of martial knowledge.) Decrease that cooldown on the 5 piece to about 5-8 seconds.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Edited by timidobserver on March 14, 2015 6:31PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Orihara_Izaya
    Orihara_Izaya
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you fix all these UI bugs that are happening around, repairing armor, champion point xp bar and similar.
    Also fix the nirnhoned trait, there is a lot things to be fixed.

Off the top of my head, these will all be fixed on Monday.

There is this costume bug where when you switch weapons to quickly and kill an enemy as a NB it un-equipments your costume. In the collection menus it shows up as still being worn but your character isn't wearing it.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Rydik wrote: »
    any plans on fixing Dragonknight passive ability battle roar?
    it supposed to recover small amount of hp/magicka/stamina but instead it nearly full recovers all resources on ultimate use.

LOL! Using some drugs or drinking something? Seems like you live in another reality...

Ya, it's supposed to be a variation of templar's Restoring Spirit passive before the beta nerf and earned early on.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just watch new intro video. OMG, it is really waste of money and time. Please, stop fixing that is not broken.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Champion System
    • Fixed an issue where logging in with an existing unconverted character for the first time could restart the enlightenment process, once the process had begun.

Will this work retroactively ? I logged in with what I guess is an "unconverted character" ( i.e. a vet char I hadn't logged in with after 1.6 yet ) and now everything is completely messed up. The enlightenment I had is gone, I don't get new enlightenment and said character seems to be on his own CP advancement track.

Of course no reply from CS.
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool now revert it all back to P2P please, thanks!
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Champion System
    • Fixed an issue where logging in with an existing unconverted character for the first time could restart the enlightenment process, once the process had begun.

Will this work retroactively ? I logged in with what I guess is an "unconverted character" ( i.e. a vet char I hadn't logged in with after 1.6 yet ) and now everything is completely messed up. The enlightenment I had is gone, I don't get new enlightenment and said character seems to be on his own CP advancement track.

CS told me it was 100% a UI bug. Wiping your Enlightenment server-side isn't a UI thing, or you could give yourself a ton of real Enlightenment programmatically. So which is it Gina?
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evedgebah wrote: »
    Please fix the Light Armor 5 set spell critical bonus. It is not providing its critical as stated. It provides 0 Crit.
    It provides Crit appropriately. Go and repair your gear.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »
    Champion System

CS told me it was 100% a UI bug. Wiping your Enlightenment server-side isn't a UI thing, or you could give yourself a ton of real Enlightenment programmatically. So which is it Gina?

The thing with client bugs like this is that the client is lying. Everything we think is happening is because the client is telling us that it is happening. The server may not agree, but because the client stands between us and the server, it is hard to hear what the server says. You cannot trust the client. The client is evil. Just delete it and play with the server directly. :smile:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the pvp icons and group icons be fixed on monday ?

• david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you please confirm or deny that the Global Cool Down on the Templar charge is a bug? Eric said it was a bug that would be fixed, but 1.6 actually only 'slightly reduced' the GCD. We can't seem to get an answer either way.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    • Assassination
      • Grim Focus: This ability will now always play visual effects while it’s active so you know when the ability needs to be refreshed. We also fixed some visual issues with the spectral bow.

Really? All you do is fix FX issues and not actual game mechanic problems like it being nearly useless because of the prerequisites (8 light/heavy attacks) and the fact that the morph; Relentless Focus does NOT apply the minor beserk buff

Also FIX THE DAMN ARGONIAN RACIAL PASSIVES TO BE ON PAR WITH OTHER RACES after you replaced the only decent one the race had going for it.

• Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    evedgebah wrote: »
    Please fix the Light Armor 5 set spell critical bonus. It is not providing its critical as stated. It provides 0 Crit.
    It provides Crit appropriately. Go and repair your gear.

It may show on your character screen that it is providing crit, but it is not. If you check with a damage meter, you will see this.
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • Vandarix
    Vandarix
    ✭✭
    Now fix EXP gains. It's stupid that dungeons give less exp than killing mudcrabs in world. I don't think I can play this game much longer after 40 champion levels off mudcrabs.
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vandarix wrote: »
    Now fix EXP gains. It's stupid that dungeons give less exp than killing mudcrabs in world. I don't think I can play this game much longer after 40 champion levels off mudcrabs.
    If that would be part of their reality, they'd nerf mudcrabs too. :D
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please confirm or deny that the Global Cool Down on the Templar charge is a bug? Eric said it was a bug that would be fixed, but 1.6 actually only 'slightly reduced' the GCD. We can't seem to get an answer either way.
    My translation: if you could remove the self-stun, should you?
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed that when you wear a Redguard heavy girdle with the higher level (such as quicksilver or etc) that the buckle is lowered in height on the character than any of the other girdles? This causes the buckle to not be even in contact with the belt any more as well as cause a clipping issue with the rest of the armor when the character moves or even stand with a weapon ready?

^posted this in in-game bug notices too... just making sure it's heard.

While on the new redguard heavy style, the design is good but the dyed system on it is kinda unpolished. For one the feather plume on the redguard heavy helm now always has a black color. Was this intentional? Also the first redguard verson did not have a third color on the boots. This has been fixed but now the greaves do not have a third color. Once the greaves reach a high enough level they do acquire the blades on the side of the thighs but they stay the same color as the rest of the armor, seems like a perfect dyeable area wasted... And the heavy helm which previously had lots of almost evenly spaced dyed areas is almost all one color now which is another dyeable area wasted. I mean the top of the helm could be one color, the chainmail or cloth on the back can be another. Now it's forced to be all one dyed color. I miss the older versions dyed areas (sigh).

Oh and thankfully we can now dye the jewels in the redguard armor! (kind of...) Basically the old verson had those turquoise colored jewels all over the place but now they jewels can change color but often they change into some other random uncontrolled color depending on your secondary color choice which often results in a color that doesn't look right. Wouldn't it be logical to have something small like the jewel controlled by the tertiary color?
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have no information on the supposed 1.7 yet though (it will obviously not exist no longer) but we need information on the 2.1 then instead, meaning:

Removal of Veteran Ranks?
    What happens with the gear?
    Justice system "open world PvP"?
    Duels?
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    /me wonders...
    If 1.6 was called Update 6, then what's 2.0 (2.0.1) called?
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ageless wrote: »
    /me wonders...
    If 1.6 was called Update 6, then what's 2.0 (2.0.1) called?

2.0.1 is called Tamriel Unlimited really. It's just the new version.
  • milan.verploegenb16_ESO
    It's so sad to see so many bugs being posted on the forums by players and none of those bugs getting any attention... Except for fixing the bug where horses come to a halt on rare occasions, which has become frequently and thus made the first bug no longer applicable. Well played, well played..

fix total dark
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so sad to see so many bugs being posted on the forums by players and none of those bugs getting any attention... Except for fixing the bug where horses come to a halt on rare occasions, which has become frequently and thus made the first bug no longer applicable. Well played, well played..

fix total dark

Did they fix that horse bug ? I thought they didn't... I'm not sure I understand your sentence correctly.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on March 16, 2015 3:39PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    2.0.1 is called Tamriel Unlimited really. It's just the new version.
    Welllllllll new... Most all of the quests are still the same, although I agree that some are now completely missing.
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they are going to fix the lag in Cyrodil.

Now Cyrodil will have new and improved lag. More lagginess for your money. ;)

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Xabien wrote: »
    Can we get horses fixed too please? The "fix" applied to the last patch has actually made them worse, they trip over every little rock now and stop randomly :D
    Yeah. I never noticed an issue previously except in Cyrodiil. Now it's every 50ft, and I can't tell what the hell is causing it.

It's a known bug which was caused by 1.6. Ironically the 1.6 patch notes said they were fixing the rare occurrences of this happening, but it's happening now more than ever!
    It is.

No, it's literally a known bug, six legs, about the size of a flea or a mite. Gets caught between the horses toes

It's the fastest way to make Maneuver completly obsolete.

(Yes, I know. Yes it's intentional.)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS