The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soo.. Call of the Pack nerfed?

Ace_SiN
Ace_SiN
✭✭✭✭
When I glanced over the patch notes I thought it meant that call of the pack was working like it previously did, but increased it by 10 seconds per buff stack. That doesn't seem to be the case though.. We give a 10 sec increase to a werewolf bro that's already transformed. So, basically this feels way more like an unnecessary nerf to the passive than it does a buff.

What was the logic behind this change? Are "packs" supposed to change one after another after about the first 10 seconds to maintain uptime? This seems silly at best and makes the passive completely useless at worst.

Can you please just revert this change to pre-patch, but allow a 10 sec increase per buff stack. Or, just give us a defensive passive instead and increase the default timer.
King of Beasts

• Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    double post..

Edited by Ace_SiN on March 13, 2015 8:48PM
    King of Beasts

• Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think call of the pack wasn't working as intended and the timer wasn't longer when friendly Werewolves were nearby, so this was probably their solution to make the passive more "usefull".

I think they should change the passive so it extend instead the transformation duration from up to 5 Werewolves in proximity by 1sec every 10sec (rank1)/5 sec (rank 2). This way, staying nearby a friendly Werewolf reduces the transformation decay time and it becomes very usefull in Cyrodiil where a group of 6 people could potentialy remain transformed indefinetely while they hunt as a pack.
  • Shadow
    Shadow
    ✭✭
    Werewolves will never be fixed nor useful unless they just flat out change our ultimate to a toggle. They can keep it were it occupies our ultimate slot and were our passives affect our human form (positive and negative). Reworking a passive in hopes that we can find 4-5 other werewolves that want to risk going into pvp and well needing 4-5 other wolves to maintain wolf form in pvp is just unacceptable.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadow wrote: »
    Werewolves will never be fixed nor useful unless they just flat out change our ultimate to a toggle. They can keep it were it occupies our ultimate slot and were our passives affect our human form (positive and negative). Reworking a passive in hopes that we can find 4-5 other werewolves that want to risk going into pvp and well needing 4-5 other wolves to maintain wolf form in pvp is just unacceptable.

Werewolves are fine and usefull, people are just trash talking it because they know nothing about them or only try the transformation once without morphing its abilities... We deal insane amounts of damage for close to no stamina cost, we have decent AoE cleave, we have good sustain, our mobility allows us to do things other players can't do, our crowd control is very good (especialy when supported with roots).

The beast form is basicaly the all in one package build at the cost of an ultimate ability and some skillpoints (which we get plenty enough to choose from).

The main issue remaining for the Werewolf transformation are :
    - Bleed immune ennemies (which is not specific to WW builds alone)
    - Devour animation beeing too long.

Halving the animation duration from devour and removing the bleed immunity on ennemies are the only steps needed to fix the transformation for good. The suggestion above was just an idea to reward players for playing WWs as a hunting pack in Cyrodiil wich is totaly acceptable since its a TEAM OBJECTIVE BASED GAME.

Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on March 14, 2015 11:37AM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow wrote: »

Werewolves are fine and usefull, people are just trash talking it because they know nothing about them or only try the transformation once without morphing its abilities... We deal insane amounts of damage for close to no stamina cost, we have decent AoE cleave, we have good sustain, our mobility allows us to do things other players can't do, our crowd control is very good (especialy when supported with roots).

The beast form is basicaly the all in one package build at the cost of an ultimate ability and some skillpoints (which we get plenty enough to choose from).

The main issue remaining for the Werewolf transformation are :
    - Bleed immune ennemies (which is not specific to WW builds alone)
    - Devour animation beeing too long.

Halving the animation duration from devour and removing the bleed immunity on ennemies are the only steps needed to fix the transformation for good. The suggestion above was just an idea to reward players for playing WWs as a hunting pack in Cyrodiil wich is totaly acceptable since its a TEAM OBJECTIVE BASED GAME.

Agreed. Werewolf is hilariously fun in Cyro. The other issue I have is just a bug, where even single tapped it often consumes my ultimate to try to transform but doesn't turn me into a werewolf. Happens maybe 50% of all activations which is making it iffy to keep slotted as a result. Having morphed the ww skills it is a really solid set of abilities and the damage is huge but for the bleed issue you mentioned. Would also like to see devour time chopped in half on how long it takes to "cast". Bleeds not working on shields stinks, for werewolf and for dual wield users :(.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think call of the pack wasn't working as intended and the timer wasn't longer when friendly Werewolves were nearby, so this was probably their solution to make the passive more "usefull".

I think they should change the passive so it extend instead the transformation duration from up to 5 Werewolves in proximity by 1sec every 10sec (rank1)/5 sec (rank 2). This way, staying nearby a friendly Werewolf reduces the transformation decay time and it becomes very usefull in Cyrodiil where a group of 6 people could potentialy remain transformed indefinetely while they hunt as a pack.

That's actually a good idea. It keeps the original vision of of supporting "pack" play(which I do like) and potentially gives us what we've been asking for(a longer lasting/infinite transformation). All we would really need then is a devour casting time nerf and the removal of bleed immunity.
    King of Beasts

• Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here are some tweaks that really need to happen:

1) Lower the ULT cost to 200(I would prefer a toggle or a 50 cost, but it's obvious they want to keep WW as one of the expensive ults). 300 is completely unreasonable though as there are far better options for a cheaper cost.

2) Give the Salvation set weapon damage instead of the stam recovery. This set is actually pretty solid, but I feel like the stam recovery is holding it back. I would prefer some jewelry added to this set as well.

3) Lower Devour's cast time and let it replenish some stam as well.

4) Remove bleed immunity(not just a WW problem). Unless they come out with some system to make this fair for all damage types, then there is no reason bleeds should be the gimped one.

5) Remove the 10m range requirement for Feral Pounce procs. Also, bringing the min range in line with other gap closers would be a good change as well.
    King of Beasts