Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Ready for War: Orc and Redguard Armor"

• The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't read the thread, since I imagine it's a bunch of nerds (mostly males) fighting to turn women into nuns for realistic reasons... Yes, my women must look like Brienne of tarth while they shoot fireballs out of their hands and summon demons because... real!

But the armor changes suck. Calling them "improvements" shows how amateur this dev team is.

edit- I forgot to say- all your armor sucks @eso dev team. You made a game from 2014 look like it's from 2002, grats.Now if only your other team could make Cyrodiil performance not suck so we have a reason to deal with your childlike "artwork".
    Edited by The_Drexill on March 3, 2015 11:08PM
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I knew that I didn't like the redguard armor changes. I knew that. I am sad that it's even worse than I thought. The heavy boots look .... frumpy for lack of a better term. Sword and Sorcery things should just not look frumpy.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • captainbeautiful
    captainbeautiful
    Soul Shriven
    You turned my quasi-sexy Redguard light armour into a Burka!

WTF, did ISIS conquer Tamriel and implement Sharia law?

Change it back!
  • ElfFromSpace
    ElfFromSpace
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate the changes to the redguard light and medium.. I dislike the changes to the orc heavy. I am somewhat neutral on the rest. PLEASE PLEASE give us options! If you insist on having these new armors, at least give us a choice to use the old ones if we prefer!
    Former GM Elder Scrolls Exchange
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't read the thread, since I imagine it's a bunch of nerds (mostly males) fighting to turn women into nuns for realistic reasons... Yes, my women must look like Brienne of tarth while they shoot fireballs out of their hands and summon demons because... real!

But the armor changes suck. Calling them "improvements" shows how amateur this dev team is.

edit- I forgot to say- all your armor sucks @eso dev team. You made a game from 2014 look like it's from 2002, grats.Now if only your other team could make Cyrodiil performance not suck so we have a reason to deal with your childlike "artwork".

Motivational_pics-conflicted.jpg
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I tried to hit awesome AND insightful AND agree but it would only allow one of them.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found this on another thread that discusses clothing changes:

MjQMZ5G.jpg
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rats. I just figured out something - those nicely tooled regduard medium bracers are now a .... less skilled version of khajiit bracers.
  • MarkViper
    MarkViper
    Soul Shriven
    All three weights of reduard armor now look from ... just ok... to absolute garbage. Medium is passable, though still a large step back. Light and heavy are terrible. They used to look stylized, elegant, almost royal looking. Some nice gold trim, few jewels, while still maintaining the ready for battle look. Now... looks like something scraped out of the bottom of a level 1 WoW quest reward bag. Whoever allowed these changes to go live and absolutely destroy some nice armor that many people have grown to love from the start needs to be forcibly removed from the dev team.

I have gone from level one when this launched, all the way up, never using dropped armor or sets because I loved the way redguard looked. Every 2-4 levels I would go out and craft a brand new set in all 3 weight classes to use, just so I could keep using the style and not use rewards or drops even though they were often an upgrade. Now... meh.

If you want this to be in game, fine. I can understand a select few might like the change. It should be another option though, not remove something people already enjoyed.
    Edited by MarkViper on March 13, 2015 9:33AM
  • Greeniewolfub17_ESO
    yodased wrote: »
    LOL You mean like the first link i posted from the friking metropolitan museum of art?

You are wrong. deal with it.

The point is here, THERE ARE NO 'FEMALE' ARMORS IN MUSEUMS. wow.

You. Are. Wrong.
    Every thing you have said has been wrong, one lie after another after another.
    Lying repeatedly does not make you suddenly right.
    Deal with it, troll.
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
  • moiraleafcull
    moiraleafcull
    ✭✭✭
    Hate the change to orc heavy...for women.
    Considering the overt "sexiness" of the Seducer costume, a rather arbitrary change.
    We should at least been given the option of crafting the old style.
    Not an every day look for my main...but...a nice change when she was feeling frivolous.
    @moiraleafcull == 551+ Champion
    Daggerfall Covenant: Moira Leafcull - Temp AR 27 | Fara Nightsky - NB AR 6
    Proud to wear the tabards of Daggerfall Pride and LoM

• cowboys12
    cowboys12
    zenimax catering to the feminst crowd again. ZOS only listens to the few that scream the loudest not the will of the many.
  • merwanoreb17_ESO
    I thought something was wrong with the look of the Redguard armors. Why on earth would they ruin the Redguard armors that much. All the armors looked much better before, especially the light armor, it went from being perhaps my second favorite light armor in the game to my least favorite. Looks terrible now...
    Edited by merwanoreb17_ESO on March 30, 2015 1:43PM
  • broncrida92b14a_ESO
    Light armor redguard now looks like s#$@. Very disappointed.
  • broncrida92b14a_ESO
    FlyAnkle wrote: »
    Please, change the vizor of the Breton hevy helm...the black texture on this vizor there can be see the part of characters face and eyes...its just terrible, its really not a good work...and its spoils such a nice armor.

Breton-Quicksilver-Male-VR7-Normal-Front1.png

Breton-Quicksilver-Male-VR7-Normal-Right1.png

and yes why couldnt this get changed before the popular redguard armor
  • broncrida92b14a_ESO
    DobbaDeuce wrote: »
    As many others have already stated here, and I stated on this PTS thread , I strongly disagree with the Redguard Light armor change. Looking through the series of pictures in this article, you quickly notice that it is the most drastic change of the 6 sets, and is a bit boggling considering the passion players have for this one specific set.

I won't say there couldn't have been improvements to the textures, but here we have a complete reworking of the style that removes the majority of what I found to be the appealing aspects of the armor.

Side by side comparison: There is nothing new here that I actually prefer over the old style. I'll take the "painted on" buckles and rope over a bizarre metal lined protective plate on my CLOTH armor any day. The helm doesn't look noticeably different other than the fact that they removed the most distinctive and unique feature from the old version. I'm not even a big fan of the redesigned cloth texture either, as now it is a bit too shiny and clean for the dusty desert dweller look that we had previously.

But personal opinion aside, it really boils down to WHY they're REPLACING armor that exists rather than ADDING new styles to the game. Just put them both in the game. Currently we have one style for Spidersilk, Ebonthread, Kresh, Ironthread, Silverweave, and Shadowspun - surely one of those can keep this old style that many people love while the rest get changed to whatever new style you guys create.

I've had brand new players walk up to my character that wears Redguard armor and whisper me, saying "wow, that armor's awesome, what level is that?" - why would you take something that elicits this reaction in yours players away? Give people the option. If they like the new style, great! If they like the old style, great! Variety is important, and with additions like the Crown Shop costumes, the game is recognizing that. Please don't simply remove a style that someone has already worked to create, and frankly looks very good.

this is spot on. way to not listen to the players TES
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoobWindow_zpsgr0tbcfy.png

Why can he have a boob window ? I want mine back :(
    (And yes, I'm a 30 year old female...)

I see people talking about realism... Imperial heavy armor protect the shoulders more than the rest of the body.... so much for realistic armor... Yeah I know it is inspired by the roman armor that was mostly leather and mail, but that's not the point. Point is : this is supposed to be a HEAVY armor. The side aren't even protected : a blade below the arm from the side, and you're empaled like a chicken on a bbq stick !

800px-ON-item-armor-Orichalc-Imperial-Male.jpg

My orc armor may have had a deep cleavage, but I felt more secure and protected in it than in the Imp armor ><
    I understand some people didn't like it, and it's ok. But why remove it for the people who did enjoy have a feminine figure even when tanking ?
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When are we going to get the old redguard style as a crafting motif?
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda disappointed about the change to the orc female heavy armor.
    I wanted an armor that was feminine with a seductive edge. I was kinda bummed when I crafted the orc armor, only to realize it had been changed :cry:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    So, they haven't yet upgraded the other races armors? Which ones are left?
    Edited by Donum-Dei on September 4, 2015 5:52PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still totally hate the new redgard light.