The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Please do NOT bring back forward camps!

• SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good update thank you! I hope this trend of more communication keeps going.
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forward Camps are not coming back anytime soon, and while we have made some changes to them internally, they are still not being pushed for testing on PTS for quite some time.

As a recap, we have discussed/changed several things with them internally so far:
    • We are reducing the radius of the camp to roughly the size of a keep
    • Only allow player respawning within the radius of the camp
    • A global cooldown/lockout of using any camp after rezzing at one for a period of X minutes

There have been other design chats about FC's and your feedback goes into those conversations for sure. Also to quell the rumor again; Camps are not, and have never been, considered for the crown store.

Perfect. I would accept FC's back on live today with the changes you mentioned above. Thank you for listening and applying good solid changes that keeps them from being insanely abused as before you removed them.
    Forward Camps are not coming back anytime soon, and while we have made some changes to them internally, they are still not being pushed for testing on PTS for quite some time.

As a recap, we have discussed/changed several things with them internally so far:
    • A global cooldown/lockout of using any camp after rezzing at one for a period of X minutes

There have been other design chats about FC's and your feedback goes into those conversations for sure. Also to quell the rumor again; Camps are not, and have never been, considered for the crown store.

I noticed one person mentioned it earlier about having FC set up where it actually takes time to set one up say it takes 30 seconds to fully deploy a camp not the quick 10 seconds kneel to the ground and it is done. I know some people will complain saying it takes too long but it will certainly make someone think twice about setting one up near an enemy keep and they will have to find a secure spot to place one otherwise risk being taken down within the allotted time frame.

I agree this would be another excellent feature to add even to ALL siege, time to set them up required but make them 2x more powerful and farther range, maybe even take a few people to set up the big siege all applying their time resource to it.
    c0rp wrote: »

Thanks for the update. But why do these things take MONTHS to get done? I think the PVP team needs to be moved to a "pay based on results" salary plan. I mean...what has pvp gotten since launch? The list is pretty short.

I agree with your sentiment but I don't think they have one dev team that works solely on PvP. Once console is released I think you will see a sharp upturn in productivity across the board.
    Edited by kelly.medleyb14_ESO on February 27, 2015 7:25PM
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miahq wrote: »
    Artemis wrote: »
    miahq wrote: »
    ]

What you want is a fps, which this is not. You spawn ready to go, and even if you die you're reborn right in the thick of the action. That's a fps. If that's what you want, you're playing the wrong game. But luckily there's a solution, it's called playing a different game. And I think you'll find that far more rewarding than just complaining how everything is an inconvenience.

Is WOW - a fps?

WOW at this point... has no point. You can even level up instantly from the very beginning. It's hardly an rpg of any kind at this point anymore. and yes, I'd say it's a lot closer to the fps model than anything.

Of course you've overlooked probably the more important point, which is that this isn't WOW. If you want that, go play WOW. This isn't WOW. And thank god for that...

The point is that in MMO you can spawn close to battle and be ready to fight. WoW is not an fps, it's one of the best MMO and your definition of fps is simply wrong, the correct definition is in the abbreviation fps, the rest is your wet dreams.
    And no, I don't want to play wow, I simply want to play, not ride the horse or look for group most of my playtime.
    Edited by Artis on February 27, 2015 9:08PM
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    The removal of forward camps was an error. Since then we've no real chance to get near the "other 2 realms hot fighting spot" (for DC - Sejanus) and we have to ride for hours, just to be killed and ride again. This is highly demotivating for random players, especially when your realm is outnumbered and all keeps have been taken by the enemy. Then you have to ride all over the extremely large map.
    When you even don't have the numbers to raid a keep, all keeps are taken, there is no action anywhere "near" (5 minutes ride), the only thing left is to go where the other realms are fighting. Everything over 5 minutes travelling distance is not acceptable imo, especially in underdog-realms with just a few players online.

And if you keep it that way, ZoS, there will be more and more dead pvp servers
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The removal of forward camps was an error. Since then we've no real chance to get near the "other 2 realms hot fighting spot" (for DC - Sejanus) and we have to ride for hours, just to be killed and ride again. This is highly demotivating for random players, especially when your realm is outnumbered and all keeps have been taken by the enemy. Then you have to ride all over the extremely large map.
    When you even don't have the numbers to raid a keep, all keeps are taken, there is no action anywhere "near" (5 minutes ride), the only thing left is to go where the other realms are fighting. Everything over 5 minutes travelling distance is not acceptable imo, especially in underdog-realms with just a few players online.

And if you keep it that way, ZoS, there will be more and more dead pvp servers

Getting around is much faster in Update 6, and on another note, if you WANT to play then you will ride to that next keep... That's the name of the game dude.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar