Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 2/27"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "ESO Live's Next Episode: 2/27."

Join us for another episode of our biweekly Twitch stream on all things ESO! For a look at what's happening in this week's episode, check out the above article.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will Cyrodiil nodes update to top level? (SOOO tired of seeing useless level VR1 stuff that I dont even bother to look in Cyrodiil)

When will Rewards from the Worthy start dropping Nirn-honed stuff? I mean, after opening over 20,000 of them, I can pretty much say they dont EVER send those.
    Edited by Darlgon on February 26, 2015 7:37PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Brother_Numsie
    Brother_Numsie
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of changing the current armors and disguises, why didn't you just add these new designs as further crafting options to existing motifs or add them (the new design) to the crown shop?
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When they say future DLC will level you up like cyrodill does this mean all the future DLC will be at VR14? Then it just scales everyone else to that level?
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there an estimated timeframe for when the barber shop/character editor will be released?
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: Will there ever be a revamp to the other crafting skill like we have seen to provisioning. So we don't have like 1000 level dependent mats in the bank and on alts?
    Really like the way provisioning and alchemy works where what you find you can use at any level.

2: In pvp have you ever talked about a way to reward people for using soul gems to resurrect people in pvp.
    Maybe give them a free stack og gems depending on how much they have healed or how many they have resurrect. (So someone might start to resurrect others) :smile:

3: What about making some small taven games i all tavens to get people to gather there when not out questing?
    Edited by kongkim on February 27, 2015 5:30PM
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) What do you guys think about some class skills being given a Vampire themed animation? This has been brought up a few times lately. As Vampires we have 3 active skills that have been progressively nerfed, it would be nice to have skills that, while doing the same damage as they do now, have some Vampire flare. As an example, ambush could have a different animation where the vamp player closes the gap but instead of pulling daggers out of thin air (especialy wierd if you aren't wielding daggers) they bite down on the neck of the target. As another example, instead of chain pull, we reach out a hand and telekineticly pull the target in. To reiterate: different animation with everything else about the skill the same. I'd spend crowns for this in a heartbeat.

2) Any plans to make costumes dyable? Costumes not being dyable will keep this player from ever buying any of them.

3) Any plans to have a "Create your own costume" in the crown store? Assemble it from available pieces of armor of any level, color it however we wish, profit!
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh also, is there any update on when we can expect the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild? Haven't heard much about this for awhile.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When can we expect additional changes to the sorcerer class for both stamina and magicka users?
    Wololo.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    -Imperial City: When? Paid at this point, or normal patch (which is pretty important to make sure it thrives and becomes a regular part of PVP in Cyrodiil)?

-Are you planning to raise the population cap for each Cyrodiil campaign concurrently? I've been hearing that the reduction of the player cap allowed in is often leaving much more of the map unused at any given time than there used to be.

-Overhead and optional nameplates/guild tags/title tags? The idea's been brought up before and commented on as something eventually in the works, as chat bubbles were previously and now are in-game as a "beta" type feature. Any status update on this feature? When implemented, will we see the full info for allies only, and for enemy players just see their race, alliance rank, and title on the overhead display similar to how some other games have done it (while still seeing their full name when targeting them as we do now), or some other setup? With how much it will affect the sense of community and guild representation in a positive way, I'm hoping we'll see it in the nearer future rather than the further one.

-I know there is ongoing work regarding server performance in Cyrodiil, and it's unlikely we'll see the delves/caves become part of the map without zoning ever again, but is it something on a backlog wishlist, or just scrapped entirely? This is a little bit of a random question, but I'm curious as the Imperial City will draw many players out of the main Cyrodiil area at times but still count towards the population cap. It would be pretty neat to see the explorable delves be merged back in and the overall cap raised since the Imperial City itself is going to be a separate zone with entrances inside of Cyro proper.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on February 26, 2015 11:05PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. How will you bring balance to the game when a dedicated few of us (with no life) set a goal of grinding all 3600 CP in a few months and are successful? Trust me, we will find a way!

2. How will you address the massive imbalance this will bring to PVP, when that dedicated crowd has god mode compared to the casual masses that this game seems to be gearing towards? There will always be that one who gets his jollies off from griefing other just cause he can....Check out the WoW episode of South Park to see what I mean!

Have you thought about changing the way CP is gained, like over a specific time frame, instead of based on a specific amount of XP. Example:

-Player 1 crafts for 5 hours and receives 3 CP (1 for 1st hour under enlightenment, 1 for every 2 following hours of gameplay)
    -Player 2 grinds spellscar for 5 hours and receives 3 CP (same as above)
    -Player 3 quests and does VDSA for 5 hours and receives 3 CP (same as above)
    -Player 4 PVPs and gains a constant rate of AP, recieves 3 CP (same as above)
    -Player 5 stands in one spot and only moves every 15 min to keep from getting logged out, receives 0 CP!

While I understand every solution brings its own problems, I feel that a system of earning CP similar to this would help diminish the player gap the champion system is going to create, and would also reward those of us that actually like to play the game as intended and not feel the need to mindlessly grind to stay with the pack!

With that said, I am ready for whatever 1.6 brings as the fastest way to get CP:
    - If questing is the fastest way to earn CP, I have 2 VR14's and a VR1 ready to hit up gold, silver, craglorn and all other vet content.
    - If grinding is the fastest way, I have my main VR14 with my grind partner and rings or mara!
    - And if its PVP, well the PVP community will finally have something going their way!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    When they say future DLC will level you up like cyrodill does this mean all the future DLC will be at VR14? Then it just scales everyone else to that level?
    And has the same crazy low XP gains?
  • capcody
    capcody
    ✭✭✭
    will there ever be a stamina regain mundus stone?
  • milan.verploegenb16_ESO
    Lol tldr, whatever crap zeni promises now, 90% of it is lies and will not happen in 2015. Enjoy ESO as it is now! It's a nice game with a good amount of group pve (cyrodiil) and solo pve (dungeons) to go around. Will be either free to play or pay to win in september so enjoy the ride while it lasts!
  • milan.verploegenb16_ESO
    Oh also, is there any update on when we can expect the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild? Haven't heard much about this for awhile.

These are scheduled for 2017.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for giving us an opportunity to chat with you!
    As excitement builds for update v1.6, I must admit my greedy self is looking toward the distant future instead...

As a armorer since early launch the eight and nine trait set research has been centering most of my game times. Will there be another set, perhaps even in Imperial City that not only makes the considerable time & gold spent unlocking these nine traits valuable ( again) or
    Are you considering revamping the Twice Born Set (that has proven fairly undesirable in that it does not always keep the second mundus) or the Arena set ?

To clarify, I make and sell Hundings Rage, Willows, Ashen Grip, Whitestrakes, Deaths wind and occasionally every two or three months will sell a different 6 or 8 piece set to customers. Never twice born. Rarely Arena. I'm looking for support for the economic viability of highly involved crafter's. Thanks in advance for your answers.

[Edited for spelling]
    Edited by SLy_Kyti on February 27, 2015 4:11AM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please bring back the miss chance to the Dragonknight ability Ash Cloud and its morph Cinder Storm. We Do Not need ground targeting, non-miss chance ash cloud and its morphs. Granted the idea to give eruption morph fire damage on cast was a good choice sense eruption is exactly what it should do. My point is how can someone really fight effectively with ash and smoke in their face? The answer is they can't so the miss chance was completely logical. If you want, lower it from 30% miss chance to 20%. But put it back on the ability. If it means we lose the ground targeting part, I'm cool with that. If the main reason it's been changed because it was powerful then you have to remember it's the last skill in that tree so it's supposed to be strong. Your changes make me want to not use that ability at all. If I want a ground targeted aoe with DOT I will get the mages guild scalding rune. Why clone scalding rune and put it on the DK skill line?

Idea to run with:

Ash Cloud is player based aoe on cast that stays where it was cast. Causes snare and miss chance of 20% at max level.

Cinder Storm same tool tip as Ash cloud except it cases flame damage over time. Increased damage as level increases. This way you get player based aoe with snare, miss chance and flame damage over time.

Eruption can have your ground targeting effect with the flame damage upon cast. Causes snare and disorientation, lasts as long on the ground as the other morphs but no miss chance. The added disorientation to enemies on cast makes up for lost miss chance.

With these viable options, the Dragonknight can chose to play as defense or offense. Does this not sound better than just completely scrapping a very loved ability that will now become far less used based on the changes coming in 1.6?
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djeriko wrote: »
    Can you please bring back the miss chance to the Dragonknight ability Ash Cloud and its morph Cinder Storm. We Do Not need ground targeting, non-miss chance ash cloud and its morphs. Granted the idea to give eruption morph fire damage on cast was a good choice sense eruption is exactly what it should do. My point is how can someone really fight effectively with ash and smoke in their face? The answer is they can't so the miss chance was completely logical. If you want, lower it from 30% miss chance to 20%. But put it back on the ability. If it means we lose the ground targeting part, I'm cool with that. If the main reason it's been changed because it was powerful then you have to remember it's the last skill in that tree so it's supposed to be strong. Your changes make me want to not use that ability at all. If I want a ground targeted aoe with DOT I will get the mages guild scalding rune. Why clone scalding rune and put it on the DK skill line?

Idea to run with:

Ash Cloud is player based aoe on cast that stays where it was cast. Causes snare and miss chance of 20% at max level.

Cinder Storm same tool tip as Ash cloud except it cases flame damage over time. Increased damage as level increases. This way you get player based aoe with snare, miss chance and flame damage over time.

Eruption can have your ground targeting effect with the flame damage upon cast. Causes snare and disorientation, lasts as long on the ground as the other morphs but no miss chance. The added disorientation to enemies on cast makes up for lost miss chance.

With these viable options, the Dragonknight can chose to play as defense or offense. Does this not sound better than just completely scrapping a very loved ability that will now become far less used based on the changes coming in 1.6?

Will not happen. They have said they don't like miss chance and has removd it from other skills as well.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP for crafters! (CP gain fo writs and research)

Divorce for those separate for months (legally game dead spouse)

Craftable Thieves gear.... More Motifs!!!!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • FoRgE2052
    FoRgE2052
    ✭✭
    1. When will those who have the Imperial Edition be able to convert all armor styles to Imperial? Most drop sets cannot be converted to Imperial that I’ve found. Though some sets I would not convert like the Yokeda armor, I would convert the Footman’s Fortune in a heartbeat. Sorry Orcs, just not into your style.
    2. When will we see any content for the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood? Also as was stated during the live stream done for the announcement of Tamriel Unlimited about content being added to the Crown Store simultaneously as DLC, when the Thieves Guild content is release please release a Nightingale costume.
    3. Will all future Motif’s be found in “chapters” or will they be released in a single item like a book? Was this done for the Dwemer set for a lore centric feel that this information “isn’t found on a bookshelf somewhere”?
    4. Will we see any more two piece sets or maybe a single “legendary” piece, like a Dragon Mask or other items like a Spell Breaker shield with a percentage to reflect blocked spells? (hint hint: a Clockwork City drop?)
    "Your opponent's sword is not your enemy. Watch your opponent, not his sword." -The Book of Circles, Loredas Maxims
    CR 461
    Imperial DK Tank/S-DPS
    Altmer Templar Healer/M-DPS
    Khajiit Nightblade S-DPS
    Altmer Sorc M-DPS
    Orc Sorc S-DPS
    Dunmer DK M-DPS
    Redguard Templar S-DPS
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thieving skill liine requires skill points so, when will you be introducing new zones so that we have the ability to obtain skill points?

Please tell me that my suspicion that you will surpise us with some DLC like Orsinium/Wrothgar on March 17th is true? :p

I mean..how else will I become a master blacksmithing ,woodworking, clothes-making, stuff-stealing, blood-drinking sorcerer?! :p
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have an idea of the zones/maps you are developing. What new gameplay systems are you working on?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will players who bought 42k horses on all their toons be reimbursed when they become redundant?
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you plan to buff sets that are difficult to acquire, such as Burning Spellweave and Infallible Aether, so that they are more desirable than easily acquired sets like Martial Knowledge?
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to revamp how armor damage is calculated? The current system feels a bit too punishing. And by this I mean whenever you win a fight your armor takes damage. It doesn't matter if you managed to win without so much as a scratch on your end, the system will bop you in the head you with armor damage as if that enemy (or group of enemies) had managed to scratch your armor's paint job.

I'd like to see a tweak if its possible. I had the following "immersive" damage handling in mind:
    1. In PvE combat, if an enemy lands a hit (physical or magical) on you, your equipped armor takes damage as per normal after combat ends.
    2. In PvE combat, if you kill the target(s) without taking any damage in return (think "flawless victory"), you won't take armor damage when combat ends.

This would actually feel better than it is right now. Some of my friends and even some guildmates criticize the current equipment damage system as just plain bad. Having a tweak like this would be really awesome and help a little with repair costs in the long term.
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Official ESO news recap - Filler
    • Ask Us Anything – more questions from the forums - Filler
    • Fan Creations Showcase - Filler
    • Update 6 & Beyond with Lead Gameplay Designer Chris Strasz
    • Life at ZOS with Senior Sound Designer Josh Smith - Filler
    • Upcoming in-game fan events - Filler
    • Interview with roleplay community leader The Human Floyd - Filler
    • Giveaways throughout the show! - Filler

am i the only one that sees nothing but filler? they have pretty much nothing to talk about. it is mostly filler and the only thing that isnt filler will more than likely be regurgitation of of facts we have been told time and time and time again since the the announcement of Tamriel Unlimited.

just goes to show you they have no new information to share with us.
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don´t be mean. They did say Update 6 goes live on tues/wed next week. That was news?

The Gameplay designer got a cozy job. Browse forums and play ESO. B)
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stravokov wrote: »
    • Official ESO news recap - Filler
    • Ask Us Anything – more questions from the forums - Filler
    • Fan Creations Showcase - Filler
    • Update 6 & Beyond with Lead Gameplay Designer Chris Strasz
    • Life at ZOS with Senior Sound Designer Josh Smith - Filler
    • Upcoming in-game fan events - Filler
    • Interview with roleplay community leader The Human Floyd - Filler
    • Giveaways throughout the show! - Filler

am i the only one that sees nothing but filler? they have pretty much nothing to talk about. it is mostly filler and the only thing that isnt filler will more than likely be regurgitation of of facts we have been told time and time and time again since the the announcement of Tamriel Unlimited.

just goes to show you they have no new information to share with us.

Nope, you are not the only one I came here to state the same exact thing. They are hanging their heads down in shame hoping us annoying long term supporters will just give them our money and shut up and/or go away.
  • Koloki
    Koloki
    ✭✭✭
    What i want to know is where can i get those opening songs, they are pretty great
    War Dogs
    MMO, lore, quests, diversão, cerveja, mulher, carros, barcos, iates e outros tantos prazeres da carne!
    Rage. Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus' son Achilles,
    murderous, doomed, that cost the Achaeans countless losses,
    hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls…
  • Blackmoon777
    Blackmoon777
    ✭✭✭
    The show was a joke! No new informations, they didnt give us any info about 1.6.5 (live patch 6 version), Q&A was joke too, i can answer to any question like they do : "ummm probably, ummm not currently, ummm i think it is hmmmm.... etc"
    probably last time i am watching it
    Edited by Blackmoon777 on February 28, 2015 7:02AM
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call this show a joke. It wasn't even boring, but yes, they left room for more, definitely. I love the fact, that they do this show on a regular basis, but there are times, when there isn't much to tell. They told, they are actively working on Orsinium(Wrothgar) and the imperial city. Some more footage and everybody would have been happy. Some more facts would have been great as well. Most people want to know what DLCs will come, when and what are the costs for them. I doubt they don't know it yet. Still near to no info. :neutral:

But still, I do enjoy looking it and hope you continue broadcasting it. Perhaps with more info next time :wink: