Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - February"

• Tomsy
    Tomsy
    please give us tri-pots in the crown store, just make them weaker then crafted ones :) would save alot of time collecting alchemy mats for serious pvp players
  • Robotukas
    Robotukas
    ✭✭✭
    Well. Again they are doing mistake. They are sorting players. Same thing happen with Steam version for half price and plus you will get exclusive pet. Remember when they done with Imperial Edition. Players who bought Imperial Edition, so they get mount. Other players have to pay 42k Gold in game. But one thing - with mount you quicker levelling than without mount. So player with Imperial Edition getting levelling boost. Is it fair to do like this?

Who cares which mount you have, but I care because I pay sub. Does it makes sense how much you paid for game? No, because is most important thing what you bought a game with many bugs, most players left game because it wasn't finished before they realised.

You should give Loyalty reward for player who bought your game before Tamriel Unlimited realise date. This is Loyalty program, don't count how much they paying sub, because in any way on top of game purchase they spending money.

It very sad when DEV team boosting player with more cash. They don't care what everyone who bought game they spend cash on it and gave to them reward as cash to improve game. Did DEV think what can be happen if no one didn't buy a game?

A learned lesson from Bethsedia and Zenimax. I don't buy any MMO game anymore from them because is no matter when you put cash, but you will be treated like you didn't support at all.
    Edited by Robotukas on February 13, 2015 1:34PM
  • Edhelas_Naven
    Edhelas_Naven
    ✭✭
    Please could someone from ZOS clarify this statement.

"You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th."

I have paid for 240 days of subscription time.

My next billing date is a week and few days before March 16th.

If I then PAY for a 90 days subscription on my next billing date which can still be selected on the subscription page, to meet the "have PAID for 300 total days of subcription time", do I qualify for the Mount?

The statement does not specify paid and have used up 300 total days of subscription. My question deals with the used up part. Must the paid for days be already used up?

Thanks.

If I do not get the mount, it is not the end of the world, it doesn't even fit in with my main character anyway who is a Breton Templar whom i play as a cleric with hammer and shield on solo and healer with staff in groups.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seem to be a few contradicting statements around right now, even from within ZOS, so I guess they might have changed things last-minute. Don't get your hopes up but neither be disappointed for now. Wait and see.
  • Ehcko
    Ehcko

"You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th."

If I then PAY for a 90 days subscription on my next billing date which can still be selected on the subscription page, to meet the "have PAID for 300 total days of subcription time", do I qualify for the Mount?

The statement does not specify paid and have used up 300 total days of subscription. My question deals with the used up part. Must the paid for days be already used up?

Thanks.

If I do not get the mount, it is not the end of the world, it doesn't even fit in with my main character anyway who is a Breton Templar whom i play as a cleric with hammer and shield on solo and healer with staff in groups.

Someone from the European forums got this question answered. And the answer is no unfortunately. The time has to be paid AND used to become eligible.
  • Brunlea
    Brunlea
    ✭✭
    Well it's nice to see them giving those who subscribed something back, plus giving ongoing subscribers a nice sum of loot to spend in the store. Let's just hope they keep going the right way with the shop and loyalty.
  • A1exeR
    A1exeR
    ✭✭✭
    They just pulled out of our money. It is necessary to remove the item
    "You are an active ESO subscriber when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited."
    I have more than 300 days subscription, but if i don't pay for last 13 days, i dont get mount.
  • AleriSadasIndoril
    AleriSadasIndoril
    ✭✭✭
    I am thrilled to thank ZOS (*) (*) (*)

All my Kajjits are totally out of the house !!! <3<3<3

39e8f9da3d49bbf2d461e276e1ce7506.jpg

Now I have to go very quickly ingame... to calm my Kajjits ...

As game character designer, I must pronounce the colleagues their
    work is awesome (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)

sincerely
    Aleri Sadas Indoril: - Sorcerer - Dunmer- Ebonheart Pact
    Aléri Sadas Indoril: - Templar -Dunmer- Ebonheart Pact
    Valérie Sadas Indoril: - Templar - Dunmer- Daggerfall Covenant
    Valérie Colomba: - Dragonknight - Redguard- Daggerfall Covenant
    S'sháni: - Nightblade - Khajiit - Aldmeri Dominion
    Shánij: - Templar - Khajiit - Aldmeri Dominion - Werewolf (immer einen Biss frei)
    Valéri Indoril - Templar - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A1exeR wrote: »
    I have more than 300 days subscription, but if i don't pay for last 13 days, i dont get mount.

If you went all that way and don't want to stay off the game for those 13 days, is it really too much? Just go that tiny extra bit. :) Since you won't use up all those 30 days subscription time, you'll get 1.500 crowns extra post-transition.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest way to take advantage of the Crown Store and Tamriel Unlimited is to be an ESO Plus member. As a member, you'll get bonuses to many in-game leveling systems (experience point gain, inspiration gain for crafting, etc.), 1500 crowns to spend in the Crown Store each month, and access to all DLC game packs for the duration of your membership. Existing ESO PC subscribers will automatically be enrolled in ESO Plus when Tamriel Unlimited launches, so no further action will be required to become a member if you're a subscriber at that time.

Will you need to use the crown totals each month or will the balance roll over? I really hope they roll over and add up over time instead of "use it or lose it". Love the mount and loyalty reward! :)
    Edited by Seravi on February 13, 2015 11:33AM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll roll over of course.
  • A1exeR
    A1exeR
    ✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »

If you went all that way and don't want to stay off the game for those 13 days, is it really too much? Just go that tiny extra bit. :) Since you won't use up all those 30 days subscription time, you'll get 1.500 crowns extra post-transition.

No. If you have less than 30 days subscription after changing subscription model, you get nothing. This is my situation.
    I want my loyalty reward and I proved that I am a loyal subscriber, but i don't want donate ZOS my money.
    I pay only for the goods, and after 17 March, I got nothing. No DLC, no crowns, only useless bonuses (i have a lot of gold, 14 veteran level, and studied all the traits).
  • Rhakar
    Rhakar
    ✭✭
    Picture-8.jpg

POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!
    War Inc. Leader - EP/EU Italian PvP Guild
    Guild recruit - Youtube Channel
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So, we're arguing semantics, then. You're saying that it's not part of the 'program'. I'm saying it's still a loyalty reward, given as part of the discontinuation of the program.

We're both right.

No we arent both right and we arent talking semantics. The program is completely different from the one off mount. You are wrong. I am right.
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matt Firor wrote:
    I want to take a moment and talk about the philosophy we use to determine the types of items we put in the store—you've heard us refer to them as “customization and convenience" items before. Simply put, this means that an item in the Crown Store serves one of two purposes: it either provides a visual upgrade or distinction for your character, or it provides a way to save time at the expense of spending crowns. When it comes to this second category of items, we generally will make in-game variants of similar items available either as drops or as player-craftable items, as well.

I know there's some concern and discussion around what types of items you'll see in the Crown Store in the future, and I want to stress that our philosophy of convenience and customization will always be used to make the determination of what goes into the store and what doesn't. As such, I can tell you that we'll almost certainly have experience boost potions in the store at some point, as this kind of shortcut (spending less time to gain experience) is classified as a convenience. That way, you still have the choice of purchasing them with crowns or in-game gold.

I would like some clarification on this. Will "XP Boost" potions be available ingame without spending Crowns? Craftable with Alchemy? Drops? Buy from NPC vendor with Gold? Buy from Crown Store with Gold?
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »
    Matt Firor wrote:
    I want to take a moment and talk about the philosophy we use to determine the types of items we put in the store—you've heard us refer to them as “customization and convenience" items before. Simply put, this means that an item in the Crown Store serves one of two purposes: it either provides a visual upgrade or distinction for your character, or it provides a way to save time at the expense of spending crowns. When it comes to this second category of items, we generally will make in-game variants of similar items available either as drops or as player-craftable items, as well.

I know there's some concern and discussion around what types of items you'll see in the Crown Store in the future, and I want to stress that our philosophy of convenience and customization will always be used to make the determination of what goes into the store and what doesn't. As such, I can tell you that we'll almost certainly have experience boost potions in the store at some point, as this kind of shortcut (spending less time to gain experience) is classified as a convenience. That way, you still have the choice of purchasing them with crowns or in-game gold.

I would like some clarification on this. Will "XP Boost" potions be available ingame without spending Crowns? Craftable with Alchemy? Drops? Buy from NPC vendor with Gold? Buy from Crown Store with Gold?

The XP boosts arent even on the store yet. You wont get those answers until they get ready to offer them.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I paid for the game from the start to the present time without interruption аnd my subscription ends March 4. Why should I buy a month to play only half?
    If I do not buy, you do not give my prize!
    I bought a 10 month subscription and imperial edition, participated in the beta test, and I have to pay more to get a gift? This is a scam !!!
    Well they can't encourage people to be unsubscribing and taking a couple weeks off right before the TU launch, can they?

The way I see it for that last couple weeks of paying you'll also be getting 1500 crowns for the converted subscription and you can buy a guar mount or assorted pets or costumes of your choice with that.

And if you really don't want to pay for that last month, just wait a little while. They're sure to introduce different skins on the senche mount eventually for sale in the cash shop. Probably not this exact one but they'd be foolish not to put other varieties up for sale. So many people want one it'll be very profitable.

Edit: from the FAQ since your other posts indicate you didn't read it:

2) As a current subscriber: If you are an active subscriber when The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launches, you will receive 500 crowns for having a game account, plus 100 crowns for each 30-day period you have been an active subscriber. In addition, you'll be automatically enrolled in ESO Plus for the remainder of your subscription period. You'll receive the full benefits of membership, and 1500 crowns for each 30-day period remaining on your subscription. For example, if you have 30 days or less remaining, you will receive 1500 crowns. If you have between 30 and 60 days remaining, you will receive 3000 crowns. 60 to 90 days, 4500 crowns.
    Edited by Slurg on February 13, 2015 2:42PM
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sure this has been overlooked by a lot of people in the frenzy about whether or not certain people will qualify for the senche mount, but I will be particularly interested in seeing what the following philosophy quoted from the article will bring to the table, both in the store and in the game:

"I want to take a moment and talk about the philosophy we use to determine the types of items we put in the store—you've heard us refer to them as “customization and convenience" items before. Simply put, this means that an item in the Crown Store serves one of two purposes: it either provides a visual upgrade or distinction for your character, or it provides a way to save time at the expense of spending crowns. When it comes to this second category of items, we generally will make in-game variants of similar items available either as drops or as player-craftable items, as well."
  • kgallellab14_ESO
    This is a ONE TIME deal. Its not part of the loyalty program which is being discontinued.

Uh... No. They said it was part of the loyalty rewards. It's right there, at the top. The first subject. "We have two more loyalty rewards to give out..."

And I'm not asking you this next question, just venting it out there, but why are they even discontinuing it in the first place? Are they, or are they not, replacing it with something else?

Loyalty (paying a subscription) going forward will be in the form of Crowns, at least that is what I understood from the Road Ahead post.

Also, I just have to add that I am pretty fed up with the whining and complaining on this thread. Haven't we all had to go without at times? I like having cable TV but I had to cancel it because I could not afford it. Did I sit around having a pity party for myself because others had it and I didnt? NO.

I have missed out on loyalty rewards in other games, but you know what? They are just VIRTUAL THINGS in GAMES. There are more important things in life, it is NOT worth all this drama!

• kgallellab14_ESO
    Desdemonte wrote: »
    So do people get the tiger mount if they had a 6 month sub, renewed it, are paid up until May but cancelled and have no current ongoing sub beyond May?

No. It will be the same as with all of the other loyalty rewards.

Are you sure? If someone started on day one and paid for 6 months on a recurring charge plan, haven't they in fact paid for 12 months (365 days)?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »
    So do people get the tiger mount if they had a 6 month sub, renewed it, are paid up until May but cancelled and have no current ongoing sub beyond May?

No. It will be the same as with all of the other loyalty rewards.

Are you sure? If someone started on day one and paid for 6 months on a recurring charge plan, haven't they in fact paid for 12 months (365 days)?

Yes, but what they said and what they mean are not the same, for some interpretations for what they said.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 13, 2015 3:50PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is safe to assume they do not include time paid ahead. The only thing I wonder is do they include the "free" time with the box. Since it really wasnt free you had to buy the box to get it does it go with the paid time or not?
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just thinking this should be reposted here (was answered in general forum):
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there everyone,

To clarify, the information that was posted in the Road Ahead article is correct.
    • You must have paid for 300 days of game time prior to March 16th in order to qualify for the mount.
    • The 300 days of paid time does not need to elapse prior to March 16th.
    • This time does not need to be consecutive.
    • The 30 days of game time that were included with the initial game purchase do not count towards the mount
    • Days compensated by customer support also do not count.

Edited by Slurg on February 13, 2015 3:50PM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRT different colored senche: The PTS client obviously has icons for them already. I've seen them in one German thread, can't find them right now though.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well see what I get for assuming lol.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The correct thing to do is keep the loyalty reward system in place but just stop adding milestones.

A person who buys ESO after the switch should get the mount after paying for 300 days of ESO Plus.

A person who purchased ESO a few months the ago and currently has 100 days should get the tiger once they purchase 200 days of ESO Plus.

It's not difficult.
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ehcko wrote: »

Thanks.

Someone from the European forums got this question answered. And the answer is no unfortunately. The time has to be paid AND used to become eligible.

You are wrong. It does count.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2vrv0c/news_confirmation_senche_mount_is_based_on_paid/
  • Stryth
    Stryth
    If my math is correct, I'm at 298 paid days. Unless they count future time, or early access I'll be out the mount.

I'd be interested to know if they will count either.

Edit: Sweet, looks like future time counts!
    Edited by Stryth on February 13, 2015 4:35PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The correct thing to do is keep the loyalty reward system in place but just stop adding milestones.

A person who buys ESO after the switch should get the mount after paying for 300 days of ESO Plus.

A person who purchased ESO a few months the ago and currently has 100 days should get the tiger once they purchase 200 days of ESO Plus.

It's not difficult.

The mount is not part of the loyalty program and is a one time compensation for people who paid all this time just to be told the game is going B2P. So even if they did leave the loyalty system in place you would never see this mount again regardless.
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garbrac wrote: »
    "[...] we'll almost certainly have experience boost potions in the store at some point [...] you still have the choice of purchasing them with crowns or in-game gold"

Will alchemist also be able to make better versions of these pots which is why they can be bought for gold or are you saying, we can buy select items from the crown store with in-game gold? I sure hope you mean Alchemist can make them. Why have a potion in the game that is non-existent to those who've mastered the way of Herbs and Spices?

lol players will not be crafting xp boosters.

gonna be funny when people find a way to exploit cp's with xp boosts.